Is This How ANET Intended The Game To Be?

in WvW

Posted by: krmatth.3904

krmatth.3904

Log in, Jump to WVW home map, leave cit and immediately get killed by 15 enemy capping camp, spawn, whatever

Successfully get away from spawn and be jumped by 15-3o enemy camping routes between spawn and any objective

Successfully gain entry to objective and be killed by enemy who just happened to let you get in to Lords area just to see if they could wipe your group before you can cap…because they’re bored too.

Log on at anytime of the day and find one of the opposing servers is STILL ticking over 550 (and has been for a majority of the time since reset).

FIX YOUR MATCH UP ALGORITHM ANET…THESE TYPES OF MATCHES SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME, DO SOMETHING. HEAR OUR CONCERNS BEFORE TOO MANY VOTE WITH THEIR $$ AND LEAVE THE GAME.

Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WvW idea is that you can go there do some random fighting against other players and mobs. You can craft gear, kill centaurs, do some jumping puzzles and do all kind of other fun stuff. WvW is like EotM, but more casual.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

krmatth.3904

You missed the point

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Log in, Jump to WVW home map, leave cit and immediately get killed by 15 enemy capping camp, spawn, whatever

Successfully get away from spawn and be jumped by 15-3o enemy camping routes between spawn and any objective

Successfully gain entry to objective and be killed by enemy who just happened to let you get in to Lords area just to see if they could wipe your group before you can cap…because they’re bored too.

Log on at anytime of the day and find one of the opposing servers is STILL ticking over 550 (and has been for a majority of the time since reset).

FIX YOUR MATCH UP ALGORITHM ANET…THESE TYPES OF MATCHES SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME, DO SOMETHING. HEAR OUR CONCERNS BEFORE TOO MANY VOTE WITH THEIR $$ AND LEAVE THE GAME.

Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter.

I feel for ANet on this one – when the matchups were decided strictly by rating, people complained that they always fought the same servers, and that the weeks were boring. So things changed to be more random, and people complained about wildly uneven matches.

So now they’re mostly decided by rating, with a larger random factor added. How would you like them to decide matchups?

And honestly, if you’ve never been in a week where you are completely outnumbered, you have to stop playing for PPT, get people together, pop Siegerazer, veil or mass invisibility your way out, etc.

You play for the experiences and get through the week. That is all.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I don’t feel for anet. The people complaining about stagnant matchups and the people complaining about lopsided match-ups would both be placated by two things. One easy and the other more difficult.

The first is to have human interaction in the match-up process. Anyone who used their brains could have seen that the match-ups were ludicrous and they could have avoided it. But, instead, half the matches lopsided – so much so that its making the regulars not even log on.

The second thing is all about population imbalance. It may be the toughest issue they’ll ever have to deal with. There are lots of ideas about that one, however, nothing has been done about it.

SBI

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I don’t feel for anet. The people complaining about stagnant matchups and the people complaining about lopsided match-ups would both be placated by two things. One easy and the other more difficult.

The first is to have human interaction in the match-up process. Anyone who used their brains could have seen that the match-ups were ludicrous and they could have avoided it. But, instead, half the matches lopsided – so much so that its making the regulars not even log on.

The second thing is all about population imbalance. It may be the toughest issue they’ll ever have to deal with. There are lots of ideas about that one, however, nothing has been done about it.

It’s one week. #2 and #3 should both queue up #1’s home BL and paper it.

It’s that or sulk. Then the week will be up, and you’ll go back to your usual tier’s matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It’s one week. #2 and #3 should both queue up #1’s home BL and paper it.

It’s that or sulk. Then the week will be up, and you’ll go back to your usual tier’s matchups.

Its now been two weeks of this (for us anyway) and that’s a whole lot easier said than done.

Its not sulking to point out that Anet has the ability to prevent this from happening, but makes no effort.

SBI

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Its now been two weeks of this (for us anyway) and that’s a whole lot easier said than done.

Its not sulking to point out that Anet has the ability to prevent this from happening, but makes no effort.

No, that’s not sulking.

Sulking would be not even playing because you’re not having fun. You’ve got to find a way to make it fun, just like all of the other servers do when they get rolled.

Get people together, make a push to flip something, whatever. And forget about PPT.

in WvW

krmatth.3904

No, that’s not sulking.

Sulking would be not even playing because you’re not having fun. You’ve got to find a way to make it fun, just like all of the other servers do when they get rolled.

Get people together, make a push to flip something, whatever. And forget about PPT.

Except, you can’t when the BIG server puts people in every camp/tower. No kidding, and no, it’s not all day. Nut that’s not the point either. The point is Anet isn’t doing anything to balance the play. If I’m whining, sorry. There is no way to make it FUN when you are continually ganked by 15-30 anywhere you move. PLEASE ANET, FIX THIS MESS

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

But what do you want ANet to do? It’s a population imbalance – sure you’re up against servers from a tier or two above you, but even when it’s your regular tier it’s not like the fights are even.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well it’s kind of hard to balance things if players won’t play when they losing.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Well it’s kind of hard to balance things if players won’t play when they losing.

Look, some people just don’t like getting facerolled by 5x their numbers anytime they step near a camp or tower. That will demoralize a lot of people. You can’t make people play if they’re not having fun doing it. I would say most people don’t find that fun. I find my fun in other ways, because to do otherwise would feel like giving up, but you can’t ask that of everyone.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Xyppi.8061

Xyppi.8061

Well, this website “stopped responding” when I clicked post reply. So here is the shortened version.

Separate the “mega server” into 6 servers, each merged with 2 servers based on who does what data, guilds and individual statistics. Same thing with WvWvW servers, merge WvWvW servers by 2 to balance the servers out, as is now the higher tier ALWAYS beats the lower tier, not because of strategy, not tactics or overall quality. But because of quantity.

So as for the WvWvW server merging, same thing for the “mega server” separation merging, merge the 2 servers based on quantity and quality, quantity meaning getting an estimated amount of people evenly across all servers, quality meaning factoring the guilds, WvWvW guilds, and individual contributions and statistics.

So my main concern with my idea is this, there would only be two match ups. So I say this, and I will justify my idea afterwards. Instead of WvWvW, WvW. 1v1, classic. As it has been since launch, WvWvW is a 2v1, example ; Green attacks Blue side, Red sees swords at Dane choke point, they realize Green is busy with Blue. Red takes a fully upgraded tower, and so on and so on. I find that the server in 3rd place ALWAYS focuses the server in 1st because they have no chance.

What really concerns me, and if implemented will likely cause the complete death, murder, really, would be the removal of white swords. For one, why should people HAVE to stay inside of EACH and EVERY one of towers and keeps. BL’s would be a mess. EB is tolerable but how would this be fun in any way? How is this healthy for WvWvW? Or if my idea is implemented, WvW? If it was smaller scale then I might tolerate this, but as it is not, as this game has plenty of players. No, I refuse to just watch as this knife is brought down on the heart of WvWvW, where the blood will be players leaving the life of Gw2.

To summarize, 6 servers, each consisting of 2 merged servers. For WvW, and for PvE, and yes, WvW. WvWvW is an exciting idea in theory, but less fun than if it was WvW for reasons explained above. White swords removal is a TERRIBLE and game ruining idea, I say this as primarily a defender. And how WvWvW works as it has since launch, in summary of the meta.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

And not just ganked, but ganked consistently. I don’t find it fun when we are Out Numbered in our own BL most of the time. I logged into WvW about half as much as I did the week previous (maybe only 4 hrs this week) because the matchup, and the inevitable outcome, is inevitable. IOJ has greater numbers. We can’t compete. Full stop. We can make the occasional noise, tick some points, but then it appears IOJers wake up from their nappies, and swamp us in seconds.

Do THEY find that enjoyable? No idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Engelsstaub.4356

Engelsstaub.4356

Well the matchups already tend to be boring since each servers keeps facing same enemies over and over again. TBH I’d even prefer (very occasional) matchups like Vabbi+SFR as a variation. Seeing same 2-3 servers is not that much fun either.

Before you ask for more balanced matchups check if you ever have any servers in leaderboards that can be a challenging, but not impossible enemy.

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

WvW idea is that you can go there do some random fighting against other players and mobs. You can craft gear, kill centaurs, do some jumping puzzles and do all kind of other fun stuff. WvW is like EotM, but more casual.

er, he’s right.

12/5/14 Legendary

in WvW

Posted by: Xyppi.8061

Xyppi.8061

Nowadays.. maybe, but in concept he’s wrong. In WvWvW.. I would hope it’d be quality over quantity, I once believed it was the highest tier of PvP in an MMO since it feels productive whereas sPvP doesn’t.