Is edge of the mists unfair?

in WvW

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Since the WvW season started, I’ve noticed there are some achievements in the edge of the mists. I didn’t play much there before, but this week in the last few days every time I tried to play some, the green servers were almost always dominating often with 75% or more of the map. I think it’s because green servers have more people in general. I mean look at SFR (I’m from EU). Probably they gonna win this season (not this topic) , winning every match and this means they will be green during the whole season, providing the green side the most powerful server. On the other hand Underworld doesn’t have too many WvWers, therefore they usually lose every time -> they will be always red (Not too great if you want 100% world exploration either). Now if you mix up every green server vs every red & blue server it is very likely green is gonna win most of the time (and they even get some supply to their borderlands too….)
I think it would be great if the colour of the server wasn’t based on their place on the ladder, it should be random .

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Oh wow, you mean in EU people actually fight each other in EotM maps? In NA, if you run into a group of enemies in EotM , someone will get a PM asking “What, are we going clockwise today? We keep running into you guys somehow.” EotM is generally just a full-on, 24/7 Karma-train/farming map, kind of like WvW’s answer to the original Cursed Shore events, in which you can simply farm Karma/WXP/Badges/Loot in a non-stop loop for as long as you can manage to stay awake (it get pretty boring.) It does allow for PvP on the maps, but it seems rare that I see anyone who’s actually interested in PvP aside from a few random roamers who spend most of their day dodging zergs and trying to gank people who are just catching up or running back from spawn after falling off a bridge, or however people manage to die in EotM.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wrong forum. Topics about EotM should be moved to the PvE forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Kudos!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Thank you. This is the “TLDR” for my post in this thread.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Take your guild to EoTM to farm those k-trainers. So profitable. Not that fun though, when they don’t even fight back

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I recently went back to EotM and was surprised just how toxic its become.

Heaven forbid if a commander breaks away from the cycle and looks for fights. Someone raged about that at one stage.

Last night there was x2 large guild groups wiping the PUGs which provided interesting map chat entertainment. Comments such as “Why don’t they just go back to WvW”. After one wipe map chat erupted again and so I dropped the bombshell of “Yea, that happens in a PvP environment”, the responses provided interesting reading too.

Tbh if your server is winning the week I encourage you all to take your guilds to EotM with intent to wipe PUGs and have full faith in the fact that you will upset many of them.

in WvW

Posted by: loquacious.2915

loquacious.2915

We are transitioning to a PvX guild and use EOTM to train. People usually complain because we play to win the match. Gets pretty kitteny.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

I recently went back to EotM and was surprised just how toxic its become.

Heaven forbid if a commander breaks away from the cycle and looks for fights. Someone raged about that at one stage.

Last night there was x2 large guild groups wiping the PUGs which provided interesting map chat entertainment. Comments such as “Why don’t they just go back to WvW”. After one wipe map chat erupted again and so I dropped the bombshell of “Yea, that happens in a PvP environment”, the responses provided interesting reading too.

Tbh if your server is winning the week I encourage you all to take your guilds to EotM with intent to wipe PUGs and have full faith in the fact that you will upset many of them.

Haha, I might’ve been there. 2 Green guild groups, 1 with around 25, the other around 15, and a bunch of pugs attached to both groups making it a lot more bloated. The k-trainers went straight for the NPCs without even bothering to attack the players. Was really sad. So much more profitable than k-training

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

I don’t know if that was the same eotm match or not, but yesterday we were with our guild in eotm on the green side. Our weekly match-up is boring, no enemies anymore in our timezone. In this overflow match everything was almost blue.

All I can say : Sweet, sweet lootbags and a shocking moment, when I realized that the zerg, more than us, saw us and ran straight away to a npc boss.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You know what’s unfair? Mesmers with their sword knock backs. Necros with their Fear. And last, but not least, only 5 other players on my side of the map at nite.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Reverence.6915

I don’t know if that was the same eotm match or not, but yesterday we were with our guild in eotm on the green side. Our weekly match-up is boring, no enemies anymore in our timezone. In this overflow match everything was almost blue.

All I can say : Sweet, sweet lootbags and a shocking moment, when I realized that the zerg, more than us, saw us and ran straight away to a npc boss.

If you are in LP or TMD, then yes

You know what’s unfair? Mesmers with their sword knock backs. Necros with their Fear. And last, but not least, only 5 other players on my side of the map at nite.

You know what makes it fair? Stability (only thieves have no real access to stability, dagger storm is nice but not viable in a lot of situations). Although only having 5 teammates would suck big time. I only head into EoTM with my guilds and friends though, so not an issue for me.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

EotM is a match? I never knew.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this map is what you get when bring only wvw guilds to Beta-test it

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I really hope Anet learns something from the massive fail that’s EoTM.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I always tought Eotm was the new champ train map for pvers.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

And the bagfarm for more dedicated WvW guilds :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

And the bagfarm for more dedicated WvW guilds :P

Sweet sweet loot*

in WvW

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

I’ve tried to complete the EOTM matches last week but I’ve never ever seen an overflow where the red team did not have outmanned buff. Or had their own keep or atleast two of their own objectives. It’s always green.

EOTM was fun for a week, now it’s a graveyard of failboats.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

We are transitioning to a PvX guild and use EOTM to train. People usually complain because we play to win the match. Gets pretty kitteny.

I advise to not “train” in EotM because all you find there is PVE karma trainers and uplevels. not much of challenge.

Train in WvW where you will find competition so you can actually learn and get better.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

EotM is the map, where you can do whatever the hell you want. Nothing is at stake. Some people claim, that the map is there for PvE karma train, others say otherwise. But it’s only the WvW’s overflow, where no rules exist. Working as intended.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

EotM is where you go if you have the need to wipe a 50 man zerg with one normal AC or your trusty pot of burning oil. Never change EotM, never change.

On a side note, I wish there was a reason for the three sides to be serious in EotM now and again. Maybe have one instance of EotM during reset give points to servers and allow only the appropriate servers to join? It’s a fun fresh map that is being wasted on karma train.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

It’s not like we didn’t warn them. I remember making a very lengthy report about the potential for the map to just become a giant karma train back when it was still first round beta testers (probably less than 20 total guilds at this point). Devon admittedly changed a few things based on the feedback, but it was clear that he did not mind the map being “zergy”.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You talk like zergy map is bad thing. Bigger blobs means more loot and kills.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

EOTM is to WvW what Skyhammer is to sPvP.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

EOTM is to WvW what Skyhammer is to sPvP.

Best map that require much more skill than other maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I don’t even know if you guys are serious or not anymore
but this:

Oh wow, you mean in EU people actually fight each other in EotM maps? In NA, if you run into a group of enemies in EotM , someone will get a PM asking “What, are we going clockwise today? We keep running into you guys somehow.”

Cracked me up xD

What annoys me in EotM (EU) is when there are no commanders to lead us (red team here), we just seem like ants aimless walking around without doing anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Bouncing on I tried to play some, the green servers were almost always dominating often with 75% or more of the map. I think it’s because green servers have more people in general.
When red was where green is now, it used to be red winning most (though not all), and at that time, green was where blue is now, and green was, more often than not, the looser.
I used to believe the buff seemed balanced, but I’m more and more inclined to believe they need rework…

And EoTM is what people make of it. if karma training clock-wise, it’s gonna be that. I’ve had a blast with one commander, we had fights, we defended, we took structures, it was great. Every time I see him in EoTM, I go there, cause I know we’re gonna have so much fun.

Any guild could have been chosen, it was not limited to WvW guilds, but if only WvW guilds did apply, not Anet’s fault…

I wouldn’t say it’s because of guild, I’d say it’s because Anet listened to players by allowing servers mix-up, and there is no real point in winning. Not a bad thing in itself, but when rewards for capping is bigger than rewards for winning, and you play with strangers, it is to be expected.

Now if capping chests were taken off and rewards would be given according to color placement and time played, that would make it more likely to see people play it, imho.
(for example
Place- 15 min – 30 min – 45 min – 1 hour – 1h15 – 1h30
1……….10……….20………..30………..45………….55………..65
2………..8………..18………..28…………43…………53………..63
3………..6………..16………..26…………41…………51………..61

Rewards would be handed to players at the end of the match, no matter if they are still in match, or even connected.
(Would need a measure against hoppers… maybe just consider the map on which they spend the most time.)

(edited by Jocksy.3415)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I should make some EotM hc PvP video. 8 hour meteor shower vs upscaled glass cannons montage.

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Any guild could have been chosen, it was not limited to WvW guilds, but if only WvW guilds did apply, not Anet’s fault…

It is 100% Anet’s fault, because they beta-tested a PUG/overflow game mode by asking highly-organised guild groups (only!) to apply for the beta.