Ive lost week 1 rewards??? Why???

in WvW

Posted by: Dredlore.1672

Dredlore.1672

This makes no sense.
I just lost a weeks WvW rewards (week 1) after putting 60 hours into a loss.

Are we to understand that we simply lose credit for doing something in a computer game?
Key word is “computer”…
Computers are inherently more than capable of retaining data… such as a player reward record.
There is absolutely no good reason for players to “lose” credit for their contribution after only a few days!

This oversight will negatively impact many players as it has me and I plan to open a ticket on this matter ASAP.
I hope that more of you are able to join me in making Anet aware of this problem in hopes that they will fix it.
So please contact an Anet representative as soon as possible and share your feelings on this matter?

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Thought this might happen. Thats why I collected and spent mine last week.

in WvW

Posted by: Misfortune.2503

Misfortune.2503

“To be eligible for rewards for any given matchup, you need only earn that match’s weekly World Contributor achievement. Then, all you have to do is talk with the Battle Historian NPC during the next week’s matchup to earn your rewards. It is important to note: You must claim your rewards in the week following the matchup in which they were earned. Rewards that are not claimed during the following week will be forfeited.”

^ The WvW tournament announcement. Just had to read it.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

It was explained well in advance how this tournament was going to be and how to “COLLECT” your rewards…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I missed the explanation because i’ve played both previous tournaments and assumed it would be a chest at the end like before. I lost my reward completely… why do it this way?

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

They did it this way to get more consistent participation from people. They want folks to go hard all 4 weeks of the tournament, so they gave incentive for people to want to place first each week. They also would tend to hope that you read their announcements. I’d recommend submitting a support ticket and hoping that they’re kind.

in WvW

eyestrain.3056

More than a piece of gear it would make me go really hard if the matchups were better ;(
I will submit a ticket.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

They did it this way to get more consistent participation from people. They want folks to go hard all 4 weeks of the tournament, so they gave incentive for people to want to place first each week. They also would tend to hope that you read their announcements. I’d recommend submitting a support ticket and hoping that they’re kind.

“They want to folks to go hard all 4 weeks” and giving us 5 events per week to do are kinda contraditory…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

Everyone was sent one of these emails from ArenaNet after the last tournament round. They also sent one this tournament round and probably will for the next two.

“Congratulations! You’ve recieved a tournament reward chest. Visit the Battle Historian during the next match to receive your reward. Unclaimed rewards will be forfeited by the end of the next match.”

It really doesn’t get clearer than that, and all you had to do was read your email in game. There isn’t anyone to be angry at but yourself.

I do however hope that you can receive your rewards somehow through customer support. Good luck, and I hope you can retroactively get what you have earned.

(edited by Julius Seizure.4985)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Lost mine also because I had to go away unexpectedly and week 3 started.
Nothing else in the game works that way. If you’re going to send mail about removing rewards people deserved the at least make the text red, underline and bold.

But even then, why not use the reward system of chests that work so well for everything else in the game?

How disappointing.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The weird reward structure and achieves seem rushed – like maybe they wanted the tournament to start on a certain day….. That said, it was explained how it works….

Good luck with customer support though…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

snip

“They want to folks to go hard all 4 weeks” and giving us 5 events per week to do are kinda contraditory…

Are achievement points what people really want out of the tournaments, or is it the skins?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

If you’re genuinely a WvW player, it’s hard to see how anyone could miss out on the rewards particularly when you receive a mail in-game telling you that you have to pick them up.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This is actually one of the reasons I’m sitting this one out.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

Posted by: Kazador.9754

Kazador.9754

Lost mine as well, while I was on business trip and couldn’t retrieve it in time..

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Are achievement points what people really want out of the tournaments, or is it the skins?

They need to do the achievments to get their skins, and 5 events won’t take much more than 5 minutes per week… I’m not even actively playing GW2 and I already have the 3rd week reward guaranted along with 1st and 2nd weeks (I logged on reset to pick it up).

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Sorry you lost your reward, but, it was pointed out what the new reward format would be in the feature pack blog, you even get mail in game telling you which takes less than 5 seconds to read. Every season there has been change to the rewards and achievement system, as they try to get it in the right spot for both the game and players.

Reward Structure
We want to continue to reward a world’s overall performance in the tournament, but we’d like to focus the incentives on each world’s struggle for dominance each week. To accomplish this, the arrangement of rewards distribution will be slightly different in this tournament. The majority of rewards will be dispersed at the end of each matchup based on your world’s performance. This means that even if your world doesn’t come out on top of your entire league, the efforts you put forth in each match will be rewarded!

How Do I Get Rewards?
To be eligible for rewards for any given matchup, you need only earn that match’s weekly World Contributor achievement. Then, all you have to do is talk with the Battle Historian NPC during the next week’s matchup to earn your rewards. It is important to note: You must claim your rewards in the week following the matchup in which they were earned. Rewards that are not claimed during the following week will be forfeited. Please refer to the table below to make sure you don’t miss out on your rewards!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s a awful way of rewards distribution. What kind of reward disappears after a week? Why can’t it be mailed? And I knew complaints like that would happen, even though I personally have retrieved all my tickets. It doesn’t affect me, but what if people are just on a trip or busy the next week?

Personally, I would have preferred the tickets to only have been given out at the end of the tournament, but I guess expecting competence from wvw design is too much. Then again, what do you expect from filler content?

snip

I actually want AP because I don’t really pve and the regular wvw achievements are terrible.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

It’s a awful way of rewards distribution. What kind of reward disappears after a week? Why can’t it be mailed? And I knew complaints like that would happen, even though I personally have retrieved all my tickets. It doesn’t affect me, but what if people are just on a trip or busy the next week?

I’m going to contact support to ask for my reward and let them know what I think about this reward system. They have not replied to this thread yet and it is quite an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Hate me for saying the first part of this if you want, but hear me out: I have so far picked up rewards for the first two weeks and I got them both through EotM ktrain participation. That’s the part you might hate me for.

The rest of it is, “WTF?” I am super happy that I can get the rewards without playing actual WvW (it feels like Christmas) but it’s stupid stupid stupid that I can basically get free rewards just for paying attention while actual WvW players lose rewards because they didn’t pay attention to some blog post or mail.

If the goal is to keep people participating, then they’re really confused in how they put the system together because people can just jump in for 5 objectives each week and then watch for the notice at the end of the week and go get rewards from the Battle Historian.

I think the system should at least watch if you’ve spent a lot of time in real WvW maps and automatically give the weekly reward to you if you have (assuming of course that you’ve also participated in the achievement and whatnot).

Or words to that effect.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

As I said earlier, seems rushed to start on a specific date that coincides with the go-live of competition. I do like the idea of going for events, but 5 that can be earned in EOTM….

I’d prefer wallet currency sent by mail personally, but wasn’t Mail the issue with the tickets for season 2?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

eyestrain.3056

If you’re genuinely a WvW player, it’s hard to see how anyone could miss out on the rewards particularly when you receive a mail in-game telling you that you have to pick them up.

Ah yes, because my thousands of hours in wvw have always started with the essential habit of talking to the battle historian.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

they send you a mail stating you need to visit the battle historian….not sure how you can miss that.

but yea sucks

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The tickets were important to me, so I found out how to get them, and made sure I did. Sometimes, you have to put a bit of effort into knowing what to do in game.

in WvW

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It does seem strange, considering the rest of the game has been moving away from temporary content/rewards that the tickets are only available during the following week.

I assume they didn’t want to simply mail it out because that caused so many problems during the last tournament, and they can’t make it a reward chest for completing the achievement because what you get depends on your servers ranking. But I can see how this way would be very inconvenient for some people as it might be impossible to both do the achievement and get the reward.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m guessing this is the result of some poor programming practices that make it not completely trivial to hold rewards for you. And they don’t want to spend the effort to deal with that.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The tickets were important to me, so I found out how to get them, and made sure I did. Sometimes, you have to put a bit of effort into knowing what to do in game.

Most people expect the system to be done in an intelligent, logical fashion that is consistent with previous actions.

Fortunately for me, I do not expect that from Anet, therefore I have my tickets. But I really do feel for those that get screwed over.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The “intelligent and logical fashion” is to announce it on the website, in the patch notes, and in game.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

The “intelligent and logical fashion” is to announce it on the website, in the patch notes, and in game.

The intelligent way of doing it is to do it like the rest of the game and not removing rewards.

You think players bother reading the website, the patch notes or the emails that tells you to go to the big green dot on your map?

It’s just stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You played 60 hours in one week, but you couldn’t take 2 minutes to logon once the following week?

sure, things come up, but come on… anyone that can devote 60 hours to a game in a week has to have a pretty easy-going schedule lol.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

Brace yourselves for forum implosion once the tourney ends and hordes of players demand why all they received was the 4th week’s reward.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Brace yourselves for forum implosion once the tourney ends and hordes of players demand why all they received was the 4th week’s reward.

Yeah… I’m eager to see the ocean of tears…

in WvW

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You played 60 hours in one week, but you couldn’t take 2 minutes to logon once the following week?

sure, things come up, but come on… anyone that can devote 60 hours to a game in a week has to have a pretty easy-going schedule lol.

I can think of a lot of reasons this might happen.

Probably the most common is having a job that takes you away from home and an internet connection for at least a week at a time. Being in the armed forces, a scientist carrying out research in the middle of nowhere, a merchant seaman or a worker on an oil rig for example.

Especially because in jobs like that it’s not uncommon to have long periods of down time in between working, which would give you plenty of time to play GW2.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Hundreds of players at the end of the tournament will not have received any rewards at all because they were too busy playing the game instead of reading new reward rules that apply only to WvW and are a huge step down from the first 2 tournaments.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I only play WvW and I never read the crap Anet sends me in the mail. It’s 99% of the time living story stuff. Pretty dumb they didn’t just give a chest.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I only play WvW and I never read the crap Anet sends me in the mail. It’s 99% of the time living story stuff. Pretty dumb they didn’t just give a chest.

If you never read, how you know it’s 99% living story?

in WvW

Tricare.2946

If you never read, how you know it’s 99% living story?

I’ve been told.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

they did “just give a chest”
you had to go get it
you have been told multiple times in obvious ways to go get it
youre remaining willfully ignorant when you have the capacity to not, and yes i am justified in saying that because you posted on the forums

frankly the only people that deserve sympathy are the people who are away for more than a week. but even they could get a trusted friend to go take 2 camps for them.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Tricare.2946

you had to go get it
youre remaining willfully ignorant when you have the capacity to not, and yes i am justified in saying that because you posted on the forums

frankly the only people that deserve sympathy are the people who are away for more than a week. but even they could get a trusted friend to go take 2 camps for them.

You are correct. I didn’t even bother to look and see how the rewards were given out. They are worthless anyways. Don’t want them.

It’s just ignorant to fix something that isn’t broken.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you had to go get it

You are correct. I didn’t even bother to look and see how the rewards were given out. They are worthless anyways. Don’t want them.

It’s just ignorant to fix something that isn’t broken.

it obviously was broken:

• there is still a sticky for season 1 rewards because their system failed
  • people complained about how onerous the meta cheevo was in season 1, and season 2 was an attempt to lessen the burden without changing the paradigm

season 3 reward structure has fundamental differences

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

If you missed info then it is your fault, the info been written like 100 times and discussed so if you ignore info its not much Arena net can do.

in WvW

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

If you missed info then it is your fault, the info been written like 100 times and discussed so if you ignore info its not much Arena net can do.

I sat this season out, since i’d knew i couldn’t collect rewards for 2 weeks. Funny how they didn’t really learn from the temporary content of LS1 and applied to the rewards for seasons. Let’s keep alienating players from a slowly dying game mode, that’ll help.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

If you cant login for 2min from Friday to Friday then its not much that can be done.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to side with Anet here. The information was posted three different ways that I can think about in 10 seconds. People complained that they had issues receiving rewards at the end of a 8+ week tournament, they simplified it and reduced the time and tell you can pick it up weekly and send you a reminder to pick it up. People complained that it was too hard, so they simplify it and you can finish it now in 5 minutes of active WvW. People complain that the rewards aren’t what they want so they make a currency you can use, build up and choose what to exchange it for. You will never make everyone happy and no system is perfect, but at this point you have to wonder, do you eat those chemical packets that clearly say, ‘Do not eat’ too?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Lost mine as well, while I was on business trip and couldn’t retrieve it in time..

hey atleast it is not as bad as what happened to a few NA servers, which got lower rewards then they should even when they won with 30k points XD

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

This was clearly announced in multiple times & places, so I can’t agree with blaming the devs. That said, it was a poor implementation of a reward system.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court