Killing WvW eventually

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: northernlad.7315

northernlad.7315

Im not naming names or servers but the number of invisible/flying hacking going on in WvW is going to kill the game eventually.
I know we get the usual “use the in game reporting system with screen shots ect” (how do you screen shot a hacker who is invisible anyway)
I posted the fraps video to Guild Wars 2 twitter account so they can see the indecent of 4 hardened veteran roamers getting killed by someone who was totally invisible all the time. (even the combat log says unknown hit with X amount of dmg)
This WILL kill WvWvW eventually as the number of hackers is increasing week by week.
Please can we have a statement from the devs that they are devising some sort of in game code that will detect these cheaters and perm ban them from the game.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I’m sorry if your thread gets locked but-

I played for a year and a half on an NA server and didn’t encounter a single invis hacker or any type of hacker in general. Now I run into a hacker on a weekly basis.

Attachments:

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

They have been here since beta not always a hack either, a lot of times this is just someone under the map and not registering as a combatant because they aren’t on the map….

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

Then I guess this person slipped and fell underground then accidentally chased several people (while underground) who accidentally ran into his/her daggers and sadly died. I bet all the while he/she was spamming /stuck to get out of that awful situation and felt horribly chagrined to accidentally kill so many fellow players.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I experienced this for the first time yesterday evening, on Gandara fighting on Abbadon’s Mouth borderlands (red).

If this is a glitch (like the bug you get when shadowstepping sometimes, when you end up inside the terrain) then Anet really needs to pull their finger out, as this bug has been in the game since beta. For me this bug has got better but I still experience it on rare occasions.

There was one instance of this though that made me wander if it was a hack rather than a glitch exploit. I was on the bridge near Greenbriar and was getting attacked by an enemy that I could not see or attack back. If they was under the ground, as many in chat were suggesting, I would have thought they would not be able to get me while I was on the bridge, as the ground beneath it should have put me out of their range, but it made no difference. So I am thinking it may be a hack of some kind.

If it is a hack I hope Anet can resolve this soon, as it is extremely frustrating and I can see it putting a lot of new WvWer’s off this part of the game completely.

I submitted a bug report for yesterday, but when you cannot see them or their name I do not hold much hope in it helping much, other than it highlighting the issue. But in case it does helps here are the details of my experience:

I was fighting near the Greenbriar tower (on Abbadon’s Mouth (red) borderland). I was attacked first by an invisible necro, due to wells appearing and getting hit by the ocassional fear. I was even stomped INSIDE greenbriar, while it was under our control, with no wholes in its defences, and with NPC’s nearby who did not react to any enemy player. I was then later attacked repeatedly by a heavy DPS specced thief while fighting the sentry and camp to the south east of greenbriar. I could tell from the attack sounds it was a dagger main hand thief and it was this player that attacked me on the bridge.

After a few defeats I submitted a bug report then changed borderlands. I returned a while later and they seemed to have gone.

To Anet: Please, if possible, can you give us some feedback on this, even if it’s just to say you are at least looking into it. If this is not resolved more and more idiots will start using this exploit/hack/glitch/whatever and eventually WvW will become unplayable and people will lose interest. I have seen it happen in a few games before, where cheaters where not dealt with and the player bases eventually plummeted. So this really needs to be fixed and fast, before it becomes a real problem.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Wow. That would be so frustrating! I would probably stop playing if it happened to me. So why does the company NEVER publicly address this isdue? I have seen so many posts about this hack. C’mon ANet. Time for some acknowledgement and tell us what you’re doing to fix it!!!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Luranni.9470

I experienced this for the first time yesterday evening, on Gandara fighting on Abbadon’s Mouth borderlands (red).

If this is a glitch (like the bug you get when shadowstepping sometimes, when you end up inside the terrain) then Anet really needs to pull their finger out, as this bug has been in the game since beta. For me this bug has got better but I still experience it on rare occasions.

There was one instance of this though that made me wander if it was a hack rather than a glitch exploit. I was on the bridge near Greenbriar and was getting attacked by an enemy that I could not see or attack back. If they was under the ground, as many in chat were suggesting, I would have thought they would not be able to get me while I was on the bridge, as the ground beneath it should have put me out of their range, but it made no difference. So I am thinking it may be a hack of some kind.

If it is a hack I hope Anet can resolve this soon, as it is extremely frustrating and I can see it putting a lot of new WvWer’s off this part of the game completely.

I submitted a bug report for yesterday, but when you cannot see them or their name I do not hold much hope in it helping much, other than it highlighting the issue. But in case it does helps here are the details of my experience:

I was fighting near the Greenbriar tower (on Abbadon’s Mouth (red) borderland). I was attacked first by an invisible necro, due to wells appearing and getting hit by the ocassional fear. I was even stomped INSIDE greenbriar, while it was under our control, with no wholes in its defences, and with NPC’s nearby who did not react to any enemy player. I was then later attacked repeatedly by a heavy DPS specced thief while fighting the sentry and camp to the south east of greenbriar. I could tell from the attack sounds it was a dagger main hand thief and it was this player that attacked me on the bridge.

After a few defeats I submitted a bug report then changed borderlands. I returned a while later and they seemed to have gone.

To Anet: Please, if possible, can you give us some feedback on this, even if it’s just to say you are at least looking into it. If this is not resolved more and more idiots will start using this exploit/hack/glitch/whatever and eventually WvW will become unplayable and people will lose interest. I have seen it happen in a few games before, where cheaters where not dealt with and the player bases eventually plummeted. So this really needs to be fixed and fast, before it becomes a real problem.

Yeah I think you’re in the video mate.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

So much over reaction people are starting to sound like pve-ers “oh anet it’s not fair, it’s not fair”
The number of people exploiting is tiny, it’s having zero effect on your precious ppt.
If the sensitive players want to leave wvw due to a few deaths then we are better off without them.
Wonder if the hackers have achieved their tear quota for the week yet.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Luranni.9470

So much over reaction people are starting to sound like pve-ers “oh anet it’s not fair, it’s not fair”
The number of people exploiting is tiny, it’s having zero effect on your precious ppt.
If the sensitive players want to leave wvw due to a few deaths then we are better off without them.

Just… wow.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Well yea, its quite fun being killed by invisible players and they may kill all the siege you put in. Ofcourse its not very harmful to the PPT but yet its frustrating and Anet should do something about this issue.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Sevenn.3085

yet its frustrating and Anet should do something about this issue.

Yes its frustrating and of course they should be and probably are doing something about it.
A valid point is already valid without the need to sensationalise as many posters seem to do, hence the “reality check” tone of my post.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

Yes its frustrating and of course they should be and probably are doing something about it.
A valid point is already valid without the need to sensationalise as many posters seem to do, hence the “reality check” tone of my post.

I am not sure you achieved the tone you were going for. I got more of a “screw you worthless players, hackers are great don’t fix it ANet” vibe.

Hyade and his flamethrower

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Rin.1046

So let me get this straight. From what you’re saying, the cheaters are playing fair and death in WvW is what puts people off playing it? And why talk about PvE-ers like they are a bad thing? Or does their way of playing offend you in some way? Maybe it frightens you?

I have had my share of deaths in WvW and understand it is sometimes an unavoidable part of it. It is the last thing to stop me playing WvW. I love playing WvW, but I do not love unwinnable unfair fights against invincible unseen cheaters. If you like that kind of thing then I think there is something wrong with you.

As to it being a tiny amount and not effecting the PPT. You may be right, but that is not a good reason to ignore the problem and it is not a good reason to not bring it to Anet’s attention. If we all sat silent the problem would only get worse and eventually ruin the game, if left unchecked. And from the sounds of things this HAS gone unchecked, or at least unacknowledged, for some time. So surely that would explain some peoples frustration?

I agree with BAITness, your post had no reality check tone about it, only insulting and dismissive. So please, while we may sound like we are overreacting to you, try to be a little more constructive with your contributions and try not to blindly insult people. All that achieves is that people think your a idiot, and I’m sure you’re not.

Simplicity is complex.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Sevenn.3085

I am not sure you achieved the tone you were going for. I got more of a “screw you worthless players, hackers are great don’t fix it ANet” vibe.

People see what they want to see.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Don’t feed the troll.

I’m amazed this is still going on, getting worse, and no one acknowledgment whatsoever from the developers that they’re even aware of it. I guess the Chinese release is eating up all their resources. Either that, or they’ve no intention of trying to patch it.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Anet can’t be bothered to address the issue and Far Hackerpeak know who the hackers are but refuse to mention their names.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

So let me get this straight. From what you’re saying, the cheaters are playing fair and death in WvW is what puts people off playing it? And why talk about PvE-ers like they are a bad thing? Or does their way of playing offend you in some way? Maybe it frightens you?

I have had my share of deaths in WvW and understand it is sometimes an unavoidable part of it. It is the last thing to stop me playing WvW. I love playing WvW, but I do not love unwinnable unfair fights against invincible unseen cheaters. If you like that kind of thing then I think there is something wrong with you.

As to it being a tiny amount and not effecting the PPT. You may be right, but that is not a good reason to ignore the problem and it is not a good reason to not bring it to Anet’s attention. If we all sat silent the problem would only get worse and eventually ruin the game, if left unchecked. And from the sounds of things this HAS gone unchecked, or at least unacknowledged, for some time. So surely that would explain some peoples frustration?

I agree with BAITness, your post had no reality check tone about it, only insulting and dismissive. So please, while we may sound like we are overreacting to you, try to be a little more constructive with your contributions and try not to blindly insult people. All that achieves is that people think your a idiot, and I’m sure you’re not.

Agree 100%, nice post

Cheating is cheating, no matter how insignificant it may seem to some. It’s just plain wrong and disrespectful to other players and the game.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Bucket Lips.5017)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

lmao

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Friday.9078

Friday.9078

mmm does Sevenn have a vested interest in this not being “fixed”.

Seems he is on the very server that people experiencing this over the last few months have been matched up against.

Leia Friday
[OURS] [quaK] [Dawn]
Gandara

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well I don’t really care what anyone else believes; I believe that if you cheat, you aren’t “winning” anything. This is not about crying or being frustrated at dying. I die in WvW a lot, since our side is almost always outnumbered, but that has never bothered me. I may even foolishly attack another player in a 1v1 fight, and die; sometimes 3 or 4 times to the same person. Doesn’t phase me at all. However, not being given the opportunity to actually fight someone who is killing you due to a cheating mechanism…. would make me not enjoy the game. The day that happens, I would stop playing. I also agree that while this may not be a serious issue yet (serious meaning it’s happening all over the place), if it were to become so, it would break WvW for most people. ANet really does need to address the problem and fix it.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

northernlad.7315

Still no response from ArenaNet then on this post. I’m dismayed and worried on this official Forum.
I’m sure someone from Anet as by now read all the posts and concerns here but still no reply or reassurances. (I’m amazed this topic like others hasn’t been deleted as do most topics on hacking within the game)
Please please please ArenaNet respond to this topic and posts and give us some hope that WvW will not be ruined by the growing number of mindless idiots who resort to this hacking culture. (this as you may know as ruined so many MMO’s in the past)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Anet is probably trying to deal with this as best they can. But, unfortunately, I doubt if they can completely get rid of hackers/exploiters. I have played in other mmos where there was a much worse problem with hackers…..the game companies installed updates to deal with it, and while the hacker/exploiter problem got significantly less….it never completely disappeared.

My point is, as long as this sort of thing doesn’t happen very often, and is the exception rather than the rule, it won’t ruin WvW.

In other words, don’t panic. Yea, it sucks greatly when you’re on the other end of a hacker/exploiter….but the only thing you can do is report it as best you can(and as detailed and specifically as you can)……./shrug. I have been in WvW for awhile now, and have yet to see a hacker. (Doesn’t mean they don’t exist….just means I haven’t run into one, yet.)

And just because you don’t get any sort of response from Anet doesn’t mean they haven’t read your report or aren’t doing anything about it.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

Ive never ran into one but the last thing id do is quit the game like some of you are suggesting. That just screams cry baby. Or a weak will, letting one guy let hundreds of game time hours go to waste. Must be easily bullied in rl

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Rin.1046

Anet is probably trying to deal with this as best they can. But, unfortunately, I doubt if they can completely get rid of hackers/exploiters. I have played in other mmos where there was a much worse problem with hackers…..the game companies installed updates to deal with it, and while the hacker/exploiter problem got significantly less….it never completely disappeared.

My point is, as long as this sort of thing doesn’t happen very often, and is the exception rather than the rule, it won’t ruin WvW.

In other words, don’t panic. Yea, it sucks greatly when you’re on the other end of a hacker/exploiter….but the only thing you can do is report it as best you can(and as detailed and specifically as you can)……./shrug. I have been in WvW for awhile now, and have yet to see a hacker. (Doesn’t mean they don’t exist….just means I haven’t run into one, yet.)

And just because you don’t get any sort of response from Anet doesn’t mean they haven’t read your report or aren’t doing anything about it.

I agree with you Teon. I am sure Anet are aware and are looking into it.

I just hope they can put a stop to it before it gets out of hand. There is nothing that can spoil a game more than blatant unhindered hackers and cheaters.

@attrail – Throw away insults do not strengthen your point, they only weaken it.

Simplicity is complex.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Teon.5168

I agree with you Teon. I am sure Anet are aware and are looking into it.

I just hope they can put a stop to it before it gets out of hand. There is nothing that can spoil a game more than blatant unhindered hackers and cheaters.

I really don’t think it will get out of hand. Game companies know that hackers can ruin a game very quickly if they overrun it. Of all the mmos that I have played that had hackers/exploiters in them, not one of those game companies let it ever get out of hand……they usually jump on it pretty quickly, and are usually pretty mum about what they’re doing about it so as not to alert the hackers/exploiters.

I also somewhat agree with attrail’s post. If you’re going to just pack up and run due to a few hackers/exploiters, then they have already won.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Rin.1046

I also somewhat agree with attrail’s post. If you’re going to just pack up and run due to a few hackers/exploiters, then they have already won.

I will not quit because of such minor things, and I am sure deep down neither will others here. It is only frustration talking. What I do not agree with however is attrail’s method of making his point., which to me completely invalidates it. But that is going off topic somewhat.

I do agree with your points though. Anet probably are keeping quiet so as not to alert the hackers. It’s just so frustrating and people need to vent that frustration somewhere. So long as it is not insulting anyone, I see no harm in it. And it does at least let Anet know how bad it is getting. The more posts about people experiencing it the better. Just not insulting posts if possible.

Simplicity is complex.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Teon.5168

I will not quit because of such minor things, and I am sure deep down neither will others here. It is only frustration talking. What I do not agree with however is attrail’s method of making his point., which to me completely invalidates it. But that is going off topic somewhat.

I do agree with your points though. Anet probably are keeping quiet so as not to alert the hackers. It’s just so frustrating and people need to vent that frustration somewhere. So long as it is not insulting anyone, I see no harm in it. And it does at least let Anet know how bad it is getting. The more posts about people experiencing it the better. Just not insulting posts if possible.

Yea, I hear ya. It can get very frustrating. There was an older mmo I used to play that had a couple exploit holes in WvW. One, there were a couple zones where a player could actually climb inside some terrain features if one knew where the hole was, and then attack passing players impervious to counter attack. One other exploit was there were certain spots on castles where you could shoot/cast spells through the wall…….talk about a major pain in the butt for defenders to deal with.

One other hack in that game…..and it was a very bad one…..was that there was a ‘radar’ hack that was developed that would let you see on your map where other hostiles were, so you could easily plan ambushes and zerg kills. That lasted a few months until the game maker finally changed portions of their code, and squashed the radar users flat……banned almost all of the users, as well as making it not function correctly in game. Some of the users were the biggest point makers on the WvW points chart, and they used to brag about how ‘good’ they were in WvW……so many of us players got a huge laugh out of it all when several of those ‘good’ players suddenly disappeared from the game when the radar ban stick came out in full force…..lol.

So, hacks happen…..and usually game companies find a way to deal with them…..and yea, it can all be frustrating as heck.

Hang in there…….hopefully the problems will be dealt with.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

northernlad.7315

Im sure ArenaNet are aware of the problem and know if it gets worse it will kill WvW for a lot of players. I will continue to play WvW unless it becomes the norm for hackers to rule the game.
Ive heard as many have on forums ect about hacking in GW2 but never seen any personally until this week when for the last few days Ive seen nothing but hackers using fly/invisible hacks on all the borderlands in this weeks match up.
I even had players from another server request a party invite and speak to me and chat about the problem they are too having with these hackers.
As for whining or QQing this post was not about that but about trying to get some response from the devs to reassure us that something is and will be done to these cheaters.
Ive played enough MMO’s in my life (Im over 60 years old) to know exploits and hackers will be in games… but as Ive said I have seen many MMO’s die because the devs do something to late to save it.
As for insults and childish remarks… I treat them like the muppets they are …i ignore them.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

In the gaming industry it is generally standard pratice not to mention anything about mass bans or incoming hotfixes to hacks/glitch until you have actually done it. The reason being is that if you announce it everyone stops for a week, waits abit then starts again.

It also means those making the hacks/using them start to try and find a way to change the code so they do not get detected by the system.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

northernlad.7315

In the gaming industry it is generally standard pratice not to mention anything about mass bans or incoming hotfixes to hacks/glitch until you have actually done it. The reason being is that if you announce it everyone stops for a week, waits abit then starts again.

It also means those making the hacks/using them start to try and find a way to change the code so they do not get detected by the system.

Oh I hope this is true and very good point :-)

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Pretty sure anet knows about this.

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I’ve noticed that the invisible hacks have become more brazen over time, and I have no doubt that Arenanet’s deafening silence on the subject is putting people who use these hacks at ease about it. Since ANet punishes those who publicize these hacks, and does nothing to touch the people using them, there’s little reason for them to stop. It’s tantamount to encouraging them to carry on.

As for quitting the game, I wouldn’t do it simply over hacking incidents. I would, however, do it because the developers of the game have put it on autopilot, don’t communicate, don’t provide support, punish legit players while ignoring exploiters, meanwhile expecting me to fork over money in their in-game cash mill, which seems to have become the sole focus of their game.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Killing WvW eventually

in WvW

ozmaniandevil.6805

To clarify on my own comment on not playing if this happened to me, I’m not talking about 1 time, waaaa, poor me. I’m talking about, if I go WvW and every time I go this is happening, then, YES, I would stop playing. If there’s no enjoyment, there’s no point to playing. Cheaters, if left unchecked, will ruin enjoyment, and then you will see people stop playing.