Last Spot in Gold League

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: DAVYtm.7168

DAVYtm.7168

This is what I don’t understand about the T1 servers recent recruitment drives for more people. You’ll spend 4-6 out of the 7 weeks in the league being bored kittenless. People really transfer for some poxy finisher??? Amazing!

Not really true. T1 and T2 can be fun. Its just that fighting a t3 server like SoS is utterly boring.

Also Mag stands to gain from potential recruitment drives if they get into the gold league.

T1 is fun for T1, blob v blob warfare.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

This is what I don’t understand about the T1 servers recent recruitment drives for more people. You’ll spend 4-6 out of the 7 weeks in the league being bored kittenless. People really transfer for some poxy finisher??? Amazing!

Not really true. T1 and T2 can be fun. Its just that fighting a t3 server like SoS is utterly boring.

Also Mag stands to gain from potential recruitment drives if they get into the gold league.

Very true, most people in the lower tiers play for ppt, in the higher tiers we also play for ppt, but we also play mainly for the fights, the fights in T1 are just outstanding and running with an organized guild of 40-50+ in a BL is amazing, you can’t get that anywhere else accept in T1.

Like this week we have FA and SoS, we take it as a week to level alts and farm champs in EBG, like a vacation in WvW, boring for most, fun for some.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Very true, most people in the lower tiers play for ppt, in the higher tiers we also play for ppt, but we also play mainly for the fights, the fights in T1 are just outstanding and running with an organized guild of 40-50+ in a BL is amazing, you can’t get that anywhere else accept in T1.

Like this week we have FA and SoS, we take it as a week to level alts and farm champs in EBG, like a vacation in WvW, boring for most, fun for some.

And this ladies and gentlemen is what we call a fairweather. Because actual WvW players don’t take breaks unless they are broke. I hear they are a very common species in T1.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

And sos wouldn’t? I love one sided assumptions.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Fuzzion is trying to suck up to maguuma, incase they matchup against maguuma and get destroyed on the forums like they did last time.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

I think he should just go join Mags.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Actinotus.6410)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

Rewards in Anet’s world are usually a mini, a skin, and/or a finisher. If that doesn’t make your server want to tank to 17th to dominate the Bronze League, I don’t know what will @@

aZn
~Maguuma~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

This has to be the most kitten backwards view I have ever read.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I think he should just go join Mags.

Cant.

JQ is my first love and only love

kitten or T9. I dont care for its the ride that matters and not the destination.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

This has to be the most kitten backwards view I have ever read.

I was mildly bemused by that guy also

Lurch
Gandara

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I guess hosing up WvW for a day set Maguuma back and SoS ahead. Very odd.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

We had a zerg during oceanic time because of it, so I’m not worried.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Bolded…

but we also play mainly for the fights, the fights in T1 are just outstanding and running with an organized guild of 40-50+ in a BL is amazing, ….

I am either guessing you are drunk or do you actually enjoy the lag. JQ, when we fought you and BG… our mumble went like this …

Cmder “Sign of incoming zerg is you get skill lag before you can see anyone… static down”

Random Warhorn War "dude my skills are lagging I can’t blast your static… "

Cmder “Okay, they are around, scouts fan out”

Scout B “I see them incoming north, about 20,no 40 my graphics didn’t render, its there map zerg north side”

Cmder “Crap, we have 26, okay lets do this”

Random player “how the heck do these guys enjoy playing like this”

Random player B “No idea, it’s just gross, only my 1 button works, the rest don’t fire when clicked”

Cmder “Clear comms we’re engaging”

… for the record, the lag is noticeably worse than fighting any Mags, FA, DB, SoS … we get decent clashes. I have no idea how anyone likes to play under those circumstances.

~X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

Bolded…

but we also play mainly for the fights, the fights in T1 are just outstanding and running with an organized guild of 40-50+ in a BL is amazing, ….

I am either guessing you are drunk or do you actually enjoy the lag. JQ, when we fought you and BG… our mumble went like this …

Cmder “Sign of incoming zerg is you get skill lag before you can see anyone… static down”

Random Warhorn War "dude my skills are lagging I can’t blast your static… "

Cmder “Okay, they are around, scouts fan out”

Scout B “I see them incoming north, about 20,no 40 my graphics didn’t render, its there map zerg north side”

Cmder “Crap, we have 26, okay lets do this”

Random player “how the heck do these guys enjoy playing like this”

Random player B “No idea, it’s just gross, only my 1 button works, the rest don’t fire when clicked”

Cmder “Clear comms we’re engaging”

… for the record, the lag is noticeably worse than fighting any Mags, FA, DB, SoS … we get decent clashes. I have no idea how anyone likes to play under those circumstances.

~X

Lurch didnt post that comment you quoted, someone else did. while I agree with the sentiment, TC is a lot closer to JQ size than any of the servers in that list.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

My personal research has Maguuma being placed in 5th after league play is over, right behind JQ. I hope we get some cookies for this.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

My personal research has Maguuma being placed in 5th after league play is over, right behind JQ. I hope we get some cookies for this.

Fort Aspenwood has taken a few on the chin, but they still have a sizeable Oceanic presence.
Unless you have heard something to imply that UA and the others are leaving FA, I think you are becoming delusional.

Also to think that JQ, after stacking even more ridiculously, is going to lose to TC is borderline insanity.

(edited by Chris.3290)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

The only reason I am a little apprehensive at getting into gold is all the people who will bandwagon to mag after they see how fun it is to steamroll T1 zergs while getting destroyed in score.

Queues are not fun.

Maguuma

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Fort Aspenwood has taken a few on the chin, but they still have a sizeable Oceanic presence.
Unless you have heard something to imply that UA and the others are leaving FA, I think you are becoming delusional.

Also to think that JQ, after stacking even more ridiculously, is going to lose to TC is borderline insanity.

and especially since TC has lost a number of guilds, including some people to JQ. Ranks 1-3 are already determined. I don’t think anyone can say who 4-6 would be at the moment. Either way, 4-6 is going to have a very not fun 7 weeks.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So you LIKE and find it AMAZING to run around in a massive blob of skill lag that can’t do anything but rely on passives and your auto chain going off because the server will do that for you?

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

So you LIKE and find it AMAZING to run around in a massive blob of skill lag that can’t do anything but rely on passives and your auto chain going off because the server will do that for you?

Skill lag has the word Skill in it, therefore they have skilled fights … its not easy being able to mash 1 faster then your opponent.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

No, everyone in t1 also hates this. But honestly, it doesn’t happen that often. And when it does, its our own kitten fault.

The only time it does reliably happen is in three-way fights, almost always inside of Hills, Garry or Bay. If the fight only involves two servers, or if its out in the open without npcs, buildings, and siege, there’s very rarely much lag, even if both servers bring their full map queue.

Jade Quarry

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

No, everyone in t1 also hates this. But honestly, it doesn’t happen that often. And when it does, its our own kitten fault.

The only time it does reliably happen is in three-way fights, almost always inside of Hills, Garry or Bay. If the fight only involves two servers, or if its out in the open without npcs, buildings, and siege, there’s very rarely much lag, even if both servers bring their full map queue.

Sorry but unless there’s more hardware devoted to T1 fights I’m gonna have to call BS on that. 50v50 is already bad lag.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I call shenanigans. Every time this week on SoS we can tell your Zerg is approaching when everyone starts getting skill lag. That’s just from JQ’s Zerg going against SoS’s relatively modest NA groups. I imagine in your 3 way T1 battles the entire map locks up 75% of the time.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

I call shenanigans. Every time this week on SoS we can tell your Zerg is approaching when everyone starts getting skill lag. That’s just from JQ’s Zerg going against SoS’s relatively modest NA groups. I imagine in your 3 way T1 battles the entire map locks up 75% of the time.

I’ve seen 3ways in T3 that caused skill lag at the SW/SE spawns… from garrison.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Sorry but unless there’s more hardware devoted to T1 fights I’m gonna have to call BS on that. 50v50 is already bad lag.

No it isn’t.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Looks like the race for the 6th spot just got a little more interesting. GO SBI.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

SBI is ticking 500+ against FA/Mag. Perhaps they have t1 coverage? Which means gold league will now consist of 4 heavily stacked servers, TC, and FA.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Silas.8630

Silas.8630

SBI is ticking 500+ against FA/Mag. Perhaps they have t1 coverage? Which means gold league will now consist of 4 heavily stacked servers, TC, and FA.

I’m going to say 6 hours into reset of the first day is a little early to assume SBI has t1-level 24/7 coverage…so far we’ve really only seen their weekend NA force.

SBI
[DR]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

It’s too early to say. SBI has lots of PuGs on reset night just like every other server.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Mag traditionally doesn’t care about resets, only a few guild groups and a handful of pugs will go right on reset. Real strength doesn’t start until weekday rolls around. FA seems a bit lacking as of lately, and I can’t say anything about how the rest of the weekend will go for SBI, none of their guilds seem particularly strong and every zerg i fought had a commander tag in it.

GM – [Ark]ham

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

It’s too early to say. SBI has lots of PuGs on reset night just like every other server.

SoS doesn’t ;(

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

TC is still a beast in NA, judging from ppt I think TC can beat SBI pretty handily.
I’m interested in how they match with SoS. They can obviously take us in NA, but do they have the nighttime and EU to rack up point against us?

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

It’s still up to the roll in the last week. SoS could roll some lower ranked servers and drop enough to put SBI and FA into the spot.

I think Maguuma is stuck in Silver no matter what. Either way they are doomed to 2nd place no matter what happens.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Rng in the last week will decide. And seeing SBI losing points the NA primetime tonight is refreshing. I mean – we knew we were not that good as to have 500+ppt servers like FA or Mag.

Hoping this will clear the SBI skies if we lose a battle or two. We needed a reality check … we were rolling for too long and. We’ve been in Tier 1-2 long enough to know we’re not there yet in coverage and skill.

However, the worst scenario would be to stay as top of the silver league – you can guess what SBI would become then. We’ll survive though – we survived worse.

(edited by earendil.1290)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Is FA trying to leave gold league? Even during NA primetime they don’t seem to do well against Mag/SBI

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Looks like bottom of gold league is either mag or sos? And the winner of silver is, based on that, SBI/sos/mag. Prolly sbi due crazy bandwagons.

However, the worst scenario would be to stay as top of the silver league – you can guess what SBI would become then.

A winner of silver league … Oh noes???

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

The fight for Gold League is getting really interesting. It seems like FA might fall down to silver league with two servers of Mag/SoS/SBI going up into gold league. It really comes down to the matchup this week. If any of the above servers face up against FA, they will take FA’s rating and be guaranteed a spot in Gold.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

The fight for Gold League is getting really interesting. It seems like FA might fall down to silver league with two servers of Mag/SoS/SBI going up into gold league. It really comes down to the matchup this week. If any of the above servers face up against FA, they will take FA’s rating and be guaranteed a spot in Gold.

It all depends on which server gets matched with FA/SoS/SBI/Mag from outside of T1/T2/T3. If any server gets matched with BP/EB/DB/CD and loses rating its over for them.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

The surprise in all this is how well SBI has done against FA at night and Maguuma during the day. Both those servers have remained ranked high due to having strong presences during those times.
They are definitely a Tier 2 server though I’m sure that TC could still stomp on them pretty hard.

This must be agony for people waiting for the last minute to jump the Silver league contenders, as it’s now a 4-way and up in the air with less than 45 points splitting the difference between all four.
I think SBI will definitely be going into Gold. Their coverage is so high that they’ll gain points even if they roll downwards.

Of the remaining three I put the smart money on FA. They are a shadow of their former strength but without SBI in the matchup I think their morale would rally and they could match SoS or Mag if the 3rd server is a non-factor (Ehmry, YB, CD).

It will be a full toss-up if it’s SoS, Mag, and FA for the final week and SBI get’s TC+DB.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

It all depends on which server gets matched with FA/SoS/SBI/Mag from outside of T1/T2/T3. If any server gets matched with BP/EB/DB/CD and loses rating its over for them.

Yes my guess it could be any two of SoS/FA/Mags/SBI. SBI is still about 50 points behind SoS/FA in rating so may not quite make it. An SoS/SBI matchup next week would be fun.

It is actually shames that those four servers are going to be separated during the league.

Sea of Sorrows

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

I think it is interesting that the push for the last spot in gold is likely far more exciting and discussed then the actual league play will be.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

SBI is not ready for the gold league. Not yet – but we’re working on it.

And we would really love to get in Gold, even if it meant staying on 6th all the time – so much fun to be had and stuff to learn.

Any sort of reliable prediction should however be postponed till Saturday, when we’ll know the last matchup. I hope we get SoS.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

And we would really love to get in Gold, even if it meant staying on 6th all the time – so much fun to be had and stuff to learn.

Any sort of reliable prediction should however be postponed till Saturday, when we’ll know the last matchup. I hope we get SoS.

SoS is an interesting server. Their strength is in oceanic/sea. If your strength is NA or EU, you won’t have as fun of a matchup even though you are similar in rank.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yes you are with the bandwagons.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

SoS is T2. It’s currently ranked 6th (was ranked 5th yesterday). It’s still unclear what happened with SBI (my current pick for the most volatile server in NA unless a current T1 drops to T2) but the last time Maguuma fought SoS (which wasn’t that long ago) they lost by a not insignificant amount. For some reason this week FA seems to be performing really badly, I don’t know if that’s because Maguuma and SBI got in a tonne of recruits (we know SBI did) or if FA just doesn’t care as much as their competition this week (or lost a lot players) or a combination of the two. Even if there was a match with SBI, Maguuma and SoS there is still too much rating instability caused by SBI recruitment and DB implosion for a single match to accurately place the three servers.

SBI will gain rating the easiest as theirs is lower than it should be due to bandwagons. The 6th (and maybe 5th) spot in the gold league will be determined not by server strength but by the match up next week. I suspect if SoS, FA, Maguuma or SBI (possibly even DB) get a T1 server next week along with TC, that will secure their spot in gold league (lots of rating to eat and TC likely won’t take it). If the same servers get matched with a T4 or lower server next week that will likely secure their spot in silver league. If three are matched together I suspect SBI will take it, they will gain rating easier (so the other servers will have to outperform them to stay neutral let alone gain rating) and they are still on the honeymoon period from their transfers so their players currently care a lot more than established higher ranked servers.

It’s hilarious to read T1 players complain about boring matches against lower ranked servers. Why do these players think DB imploded the way it did? Where do they think the DB guilds went? The WvW forums are full of T1 players complaining about T1 problems that they create for themselves. It’s like reaching a bunch of posts written by a woman crying into the palm of her hand.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Player Character.9467

At this point I’m not sure if we should try for gold league, or if we should let the sbi bandwagon go up and watch them rage…

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Blasphemy! This could be the last uphill battle in a long time!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

SoS is T2. It’s currently ranked 6th (was ranked 5th yesterday). It’s still unclear what happened with SBI (my current pick for the most volatile server in NA unless a current T1 drops to T2) but the last time Maguuma fought SoS (which wasn’t that long ago) they lost by a not insignificant amount. For some reason this week FA seems to be performing really badly, I don’t know if that’s because Maguuma and SBI got in a tonne of recruits (we know SBI did) or if FA just doesn’t care as much as their competition this week (or lost a lot players) or a combination of the two. Even if there was a match with SBI, Maguuma and SoS there is still too much rating instability caused by SBI recruitment and DB implosion for a single match to accurately place the three servers.

SBI will gain rating the easiest as theirs is lower than it should be due to bandwagons. The 6th (and maybe 5th) spot in the gold league will be determined not by server strength but by the match up next week. I suspect if SoS, FA, Maguuma or SBI (possibly even DB) get a T1 server next week along with TC, that will secure their spot in gold league (lots of rating to eat and TC likely won’t take it). If the same servers get matched with a T4 or lower server next week that will likely secure their spot in silver league. If three are matched together I suspect SBI will take it, they will gain rating easier (so the other servers will have to outperform them to stay neutral let alone gain rating) and they are still on the honeymoon period from their transfers so their players currently care a lot more than established higher ranked servers.

It’s hilarious to read T1 players complain about boring matches against lower ranked servers. Why do these players think DB imploded the way it did? Where do they think the DB guilds went? The WvW forums are full of T1 players complaining about T1 problems that they create for themselves. It’s like reaching a bunch of posts written by a woman crying into the palm of her hand.

As far as we on Mag can tell we think FA is suffering from the inevitable “lack of interest” (too many weeks fighting in Tier 2?) we see their strong guilds out, just not as often. (They’ve even recently gotten oceanic transfers, meow guild, very strong, hard working guild some of us know from the old days on NSP) SBI is the only server we have ever seen that puts up as good of, or better defense then we do. TC is going to have a hell of a time getting them to crack with their nightly rush of 50541561023013210632023 golems. Additionally there’s that old weakness of Mag’s called “lack of any night crew” We can keep up with SBI in NA prime nearly neck and neck but they have better night coverage and our overworked, underpaid Aussie commander does the best he can.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

SBI seems to be “mini-TC” in that they seem to have at least light coverage at all hours. I think they’ll match very well with SoS. For those on Mag who might scoff, we’ve expanded our NA a lot since our last matchup so I hope this happens next week if one of us gets sucked into Gold.

I wouldn’t mind Silver League if SBI were in it with us; but I’m pretty much convinced at this point that one of us is going to move up.

The only way I can see it working is if FA + Mag get T1 and SBI + SoS get TC.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

If SBI make it into gold league, they will implode as a server in a manner of weeks.

If they can’t break away from Mag this week even though they have a not-insignificant coverage advantage they will get spawnlocked by TC, let alone T1. Then the mass exodus will begin.

Apparently some SBI clans are saying people are transferring off the server already because of a “difficult” match this week. Really? Transferring off because the match is TOO balanced for you?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma