Last Spot in Gold League

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Trexim.5283

Trexim.5283

Apparently some SBI clans are saying people are transferring off the server already because of a “difficult” match this week. Really? Transferring off because the match is TOO balanced for you?

If you truly believe that, you just got trolled ….. LOL

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Apparently some SBI clans are saying people are transferring off the server already because of a “difficult” match this week. Really? Transferring off because the match is TOO balanced for you?

If you truly believe that, you just got trolled ….. LOL

I didn’t believe it either until I messaged someone I had dueled the day earlier to see if he wanted to duel at the windmill again and he said he couldn’t since his clan had moved to NSP to be at the top of bronze. Sure enough he was on NSP.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its hard to improve without better competition. This weeks FA and Maguuma round has been the most fun we’ve had in weeks. If that puts us in the gold league, then so be it.

SBI

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

SBI seems to be “mini-TC” in that they seem to have at least light coverage at all hours. I think they’ll match very well with SoS. For those on Mag who might scoff, we’ve expanded our NA a lot since our last matchup so I hope this happens next week if one of us gets sucked into Gold.

I wouldn’t mind Silver League if SBI were in it with us; but I’m pretty much convinced at this point that one of us is going to move up.

The only way I can see it working is if FA + Mag get T1 and SBI + SoS get TC.

I remember facing SoS alot, back before the random match ups were initiated. (the wonderful 10, 11, 12 days). I don’t know how SoS is now, but back then we did well against them in NA, but man, they would just own overnight when we didn’t have the numbers, and it was impossible to catch up.

Now, we have some numbers at night, so we can stop some of the bleeding, and we have more numbers in NA, so I would love to see how this would play out. Either way, it would be fun. And, would be nice to see SoS again, it has been a few months.

And, I can really tell Mag got those BP transfers. BP and their arrow cart fetish, I noticed that on MAG recently while in their BL…

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

If SBI make it into gold league, they will implode as a server in a manner of weeks.

If they can’t break away from Mag this week even though they have a not-insignificant coverage advantage they will get spawnlocked by TC, let alone T1. Then the mass exodus will begin.

Dam deathTouch, is it just not enough that you are spewing this nonsense in our match up this week?

I’m sorry, but I have been on TS this week, and I can tell you that the guilds that transfered in are having fun in this matchup, even on Monday when MAG was killin us in NA Primetime.

The core sbi, pre transfer peeps, aren’t going to go anywhere. We love our sever, and have been with it even during our drop from tier 1 in Jan til now. Why do you think we would leave cause of getting rolled? Mag used to roll us every week earlier this year, and we didn’t care. We had fun, and tried our best.

We didn’t transfer after we took on DB during the summer, and got utterly spanked by them.

We didn’t transfer after those arrowcart lovin BP folks kept beating us.

We won’t transfer after JQ beats us either…..But it will be fun to run around and say “JQ spy” all the time, like the old days

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

If SBI make it into gold league, they will implode as a server in a manner of weeks.

If they can’t break away from Mag this week even though they have a not-insignificant coverage advantage they will get spawnlocked by TC, let alone T1. Then the mass exodus will begin.

lol really? we havent even brought all our numbers. this week fa was on vacation as we all needed to relax a little after 6 weeks. many of us needed a break from the massive blobs and also we need to fix our moral a little after jq bought a big guild and a few guilds left to avoid that t1 massblobs smashing us. sbi will fall apart after 1 matchup with jq then for sure.
i mean sbi still portalbombs….try that vs a t1…XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

….

I’m sorry, but I have been on TS this week, and I can tell you that the guilds that transfered in are having fun in this matchup, even on Monday when MAG was killin us in NA Primetime.

The core sbi, pre transfer peeps, aren’t going to go anywhere. We love our sever, and have been with it even during our drop from tier 1 in Jan til now. Why do you think we would leave cause of getting rolled? Mag used to roll us every week earlier this year, and we didn’t care. We had fun, and tried our best.

We didn’t transfer after we took on DB during the summer, and got utterly spanked by them.

We won’t transfer after JQ beats us either…..But it will be fun to run around and say “JQ spy” all the time, like the old days

Core will remain, generally always does until it’s either move or leave game.

Transfers are having fun this week because you are still winning. The honeymoon phase only lasts for so long, its always the same story, server gets trashed talked climbing the ranks … server feels pride and compliments, server still hasn’t lost but feels it can compete with t1, server overlooks just how big the gap is between a server like Mags and FA and a server like TC … and then the next gap between TC and t1 (both gaps are enormous). You won’t realize it, until you hit it, and until you feel it (I wont say lose). Then you’ll tire and weaken. The only wildcard though is … next week.

As its the final week, there are people who (although they won’t openly say it) are there because they believed they would get a silver yak. You may very well end in silver, but it’s looking likely you might end in gold. Next week is a big wildcard.

If you get pushed up enough to gold, and face a t1 server. While it will start out as fun, and you’ll feel proud for competing, you’ll notice just how much tiring it will be. And running like that for months on end does impact people in a very real life way. The attitudes and moods go south fast. If your in a battle where you almost always get crushed, it will get deflating no matter how positive and optimistic you are.

What I’m saying though, is while you may be all gung hoe, soldier boy next to ya has his own agenda’s. And SBI may be very close to hitting a very tough road. So long as ‘no one’ leaves … I would suspect you could give SoS a run for there money. If you hit a tough patch and people move to position themselves, it won’t be an enjoyable 2 months for non core players, and core players will tire. I wouldn’t want that to happen to any server, it has happened to many others.

Best of luck though, this upcoming week will be anything short of interesting.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This page is very interesting. Selan has admitted that FA is tanking, though it’s called “vacation” (wink wink).

Also, I think everyone expected SBI to bleed off some people as they moved up and there may very well be a complete riot over there (look for a massive tanking effort) as the folks who moved there early on from DR and DH signed up to be at the top of the original Silver League and didn’t sign up for possible Gold League with only the top 6.
If SBI rolls snake eyes and gets TC or higher, there will be a last minute panicked exodus.

Likewise there will be a last minute flood to the server that looks like a lock for the top of Silver.

I think the WORST possible outcome would be FA and SoS in Gold League. SBI will superstack, snore through leagues, and will have ungodly momentum at the end of the first season; right as the T2 servers will still be shaky on their feet (FA is looking very unstable and TC is even looking a bit wobbly) we might even see TC or FA lose people at the end of the season (a lot of folks on TC have gotten soft on 4 out of 5 matches being against lower ranked servers; though they have a pretty loyal core).

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

lol really? we havent even brought all our numbers. this week fa was on vacation as we all needed to relax a little after 6 weeks. many of us needed a break from the massive blobs and also we need to fix our moral a little after jq bought a big guild and a few guilds left to avoid that t1 massblobs smashing us. sbi will fall apart after 1 matchup with jq then for sure.
i mean sbi still portalbombs….try that vs a t1…XD

come on now, you are not on vacation. You lost some guilds, it has hurt your coverage, and you are losing the PPT because of that. We understand on SBI, we have been there before.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Hexin.5603

If SBI roll Snake eyes, even if they get stomped there poised to gain large points. The gap is huge it would almost elevate them without them even showing up.

FA took the proper course of action early on enough to make a solid effort to remain in silver. This is all subject to who shows up on that reset board vs those 4.

Mags / SBI I believe are the final straws, with likely SoS – best guess. I’m actually very interested in this Friday’s draw, and the following outcome of it.

I have no idea why, but I have a feeling we (TC) will draw SBI and Mags which pretty much would elevate both Mags and SBI even if they never showed up at all.

…. Then again if SoS and FA were in Gold, I could see Mags in it to gain alot of guilds.

TC fine, we’re out to have fun, no sense playing the game any other way.

~X (will buy all your omegas for 5silver pls)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

….

Core will remain, generally always does until it’s either move or leave game.

Transfers are having fun this week because you are still winning. The honeymoon phase only lasts for so long, its always the same story, server gets trashed talked climbing the ranks … server feels pride and compliments, server still hasn’t lost but feels it can compete with t1, server overlooks just how big the gap is between a server like Mags and FA and a server like TC … and then the next gap between TC and t1 (both gaps are enormous). You won’t realize it, until you hit it, and until you feel it (I wont say lose). Then you’ll tire and weaken. The only wildcard though is … next week.

As its the final week, there are people who (although they won’t openly say it) are there because they believed they would get a silver yak. You may very well end in silver, but it’s looking likely you might end in gold. Next week is a big wildcard.

If you get pushed up enough to gold, and face a t1 server. While it will start out as fun, and you’ll feel proud for competing, you’ll notice just how much tiring it will be. And running like that for months on end does impact people in a very real life way. The attitudes and moods go south fast. If your in a battle where you almost always get crushed, it will get deflating no matter how positive and optimistic you are.

What I’m saying though, is while you may be all gung hoe, soldier boy next to ya has his own agenda’s. And SBI may be very close to hitting a very tough road. So long as ‘no one’ leaves … I would suspect you could give SoS a run for there money. If you hit a tough patch and people move to position themselves, it won’t be an enjoyable 2 months for non core players, and core players will tire. I wouldn’t want that to happen to any server, it has happened to many others.

Best of luck though, this upcoming week will be anything short of interesting.

Don’t know if the core will tire. For the first 5 months of this year, we pretty much came in 2nd or 3rd in every match, and the core was fine. Hell, we only would finish first every now and then this whole year, until we got the transfers.

Some of the transfers might very well leave. But, the core will stay. The core is used to getting spanked. Those few weeks of stomping ppl didn’t feel right. Was pretty boring for me. I enjoyed getting spanked (get some good fights that way) instead of doing the spanking.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

This page is very interesting. Selan has admitted that FA is tanking, though it’s called “vacation” (wink wink).

Also, I think everyone expected SBI to bleed off some people as they moved up and there may very well be a complete riot over there (look for a massive tanking effort) as the folks who moved there early on from DR and DH signed up to be at the top of the original Silver League and didn’t sign up for possible Gold League with only the top 6.
If SBI rolls snake eyes and gets TC or higher, there will be a last minute panicked exodus.

Likewise there will be a last minute flood to the server that looks like a lock for the top of Silver.

I think the WORST possible outcome would be FA and SoS in Gold League. SBI will superstack, snore through leagues, and will have ungodly momentum at the end of the first season; right as the T2 servers will still be shaky on their feet (FA is looking very unstable and TC is even looking a bit wobbly) we might even see TC or FA lose people at the end of the season (a lot of folks on TC have gotten soft on 4 out of 5 matches being against lower ranked servers; though they have a pretty loyal core).

I still don’t understand why people would want to transfer for some crappy rewards that won’t be worth it. If you are gonna transfer, do it for the right reasons, like a server that has a better showing in your play time so you can actually play and have fun. Not for some dumb kitten finisher and a hand full of blues and greens, with maybe a yellow thrown in.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I still don’t understand why people would want to transfer for some crappy rewards that won’t be worth it. If you are gonna transfer, do it for the right reasons, like a server that has a better showing in your play time so you can actually play and have fun. Not for some dumb kitten finisher and a hand full of blues and greens, with maybe a yellow thrown in.

Already we’ve seen 4 servers that are shells of their former numbers, and 3 more that have lost keystones of their WvW efforts; just because of leagues. I think it’s more about “not losing” than the winning. Silver League is pretty predictable and everyone knows that which ever of the four contenders end up in Silver League are going to dominate and which ever end up in Gold are going to get donkey punched for 7 weeks.

With CD and EB both having lost key members, I would expect them to lose people. Likewise the recent flood to IoJ might have second thoughts.
We’re already seeing folks from BP move to Mag, and there’s continued talk of people stacking on SBI.

There is a 95% chance that we’ll know who is going where based on Friday’s rolls.
It’s worth noting that FA has rolled flat or high for weeks now, just as SBI rolled low for almost 2 months before rolling a zero.

SoS will lose points to any server they face other than Maguuma or FA at this point. Tier 1 is so stacked that we won’t be able to gain many points against them and we can take Maguuma or FA as they are currently playing (no telling if the "Vacation in FA is for real).
SoS vs SBI would be so close that SoS would lose a few points even if we won.

We’ll just have to wait for Friday.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Mag and SbI can both pass FA and SoS before the season starts if the matchups fall in their favor. FA and SoS against a t3-t4 server means their rating will go down. Mag and SbI against TC or a T1 server and their rating will skyrocket them into the gold league.

If Mag and SbI somehow get into the gold league you better keep an eye out for the T1 recruiters. You might end up with less guilds before the season is done.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Brooke Bowmaster.6095

Brooke Bowmaster.6095

It is clear that two of SoS, FA, Mag, and SBI will be going for the gold and likely getting killed week after week and two will compete for the top of silver division …

Leagues seem like a bad idea when the outcome is clear to begin with. Guess I kind of long for the original groups of 3 servers that kept the matches closer even if FA,TC and DB seemed to play each other every week for months.

As mentioned, the start of the leagues is creating a prisoner’s dilemma for guilds/players — do they stay with their current server or move to where they will be competitive in the new league. The problem is these moves will not be fully factored into the rankings so the leagues are going to be even more mismatched than would be expected by initial rankings.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Don’t forget about the free transfers and discounted transfers Anet is offering to people before the season starts…. lol

This is gonna get really messy.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Only a full implosion will cause people to move since the achievements are locked to your server at the start of the season. I think the next week is going to see a lot of movement though.
I don’t think they’ll be much movement during the season, but I expect a lot of shuffling the week after it ends.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Leagues seem like a bad idea when the outcome is clear to begin with. .

WvW can throw up some surprises. I don’t think you can confidently predict anything. Even this thread started with trying to determine whether it would be SoS/Mag as last place in Gold League, now it is about which of the four servers taking last two places.

Personally I think that whoever gets to face off against JQ/SoR/BG will be fine. Pretty much we’ve all been through it before. I think there are other servers much more likely to “implode” before SoS/FA/Mags or SBI. Lately we have seen guilds transferring INTO these servers really because of the strength of the communities there.

But again I wouldn’t dare to predict anything.

Sea of Sorrows

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

There hasn’t been a reset this tense since the end of free transfers.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: bubumochi.8512

bubumochi.8512

Leagues seem like a bad idea when the outcome is clear to begin with. .

WvW can throw up some surprises. I don’t think you can confidently predict anything. Even this thread started with trying to determine whether it would be SoS/Mag as last place in Gold League, now it is about which of the four servers taking last two places.

Personally I think that whoever gets to face off against JQ/SoR/BG will be fine. Pretty much we’ve all been through it before. I think there are other servers much more likely to “implode” before SoS/FA/Mags or SBI. Lately we have seen guilds transferring INTO these servers really because of the strength of the communities there.

But again I wouldn’t dare to predict anything.

There may be surprises..but we have to keep in mind that 7 weeks are long time.
Lots of people will get bored to get farmed 24 hours a day every day.
They eventually quit and move on something else…and this will not help the already delicate WvW situation.

Nutellha

The Original Hazelnut Spread, from 1964

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Don’t forget about the free transfers and discounted transfers Anet is offering to people before the season starts…. lol

This is gonna get really messy.

What North American server has been medium? I haven’t been able to spot one yet.

Gate of Madness

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Hexin.5603

The server listings are skewed. That’s all I will say.

Even the dead servers say High. The coding just does not compute. It’s like marketing ’hey ya we have busy, and super busy" servers. Busy = relatively dead… Super Busy equals t1 &2. And even in the Super busy category – the disparity is huge.

In any event – may the wxp trains go well from now till reset ~ hope some of the SoS and DB got to come to the yak parade last night.

This 1 week likely will decide the fate of 4 servers even if they play or don’t, simply by who pulls high and who pulls low.

Excited… don’t forget to buy popcorn, showtime starts in 8 hours.

~ X

“If I RP, I play a painter who likes to paint WvW maps, either that or my surgical Doctor who likes to extract bags”

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I think I speak for all 4 servers in that we’d like to be removed from Leagues all together (keep your achievements and rewards) and just have us beta test a new 4 way map.
Kthx

- I can dream, can’t I?

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think I speak for all 4 servers in that we’d like to be removed from Leagues all together (keep your achievements and rewards) and just have us beta test a new 4 way map.
Kthx

- I can dream, can’t I?

Oh that would be sweet. We four really are in a bad spot. Too strong for those below us, too weak for those above us.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: JobCreator.1956

JobCreator.1956

What’s this? My Ouija board is telling me that SBI will win Gold League. I consulted the Tarot cards to double check this outcome and they agree. Not sure what to say, as we all know that clairvoyance and prophecy are real indicators of what will actually happen in the future. Interesting times indeed.

The kitten mightier than the sword.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Too early to call, but it’s looking like SoS and FA at the moment.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I suspect SBI will pull ahead and will be top 6 regardless of what their true strength is. I don’t know what their true strength is but it’s higher than their current rating says it is (thanks to DB’s implosion and FA’s tanking along with SBI’s recruitment drive). That means even with an equal performance they will take rating from SoS. DB still lost rating last week so SoS actually gained rating despite the haemorrhaging that DB had the week before.

Depending on how much rating FA loses this week, Maguuma could take the 6th spot.

SBI won the golden ticket. Getting matched with SoR means not only did they have the most rating to gain prior to this (so an even match with SBI, SoS and Maguuma would have resulted in a rating drop for SoS and Maguuma and a rating gain for SBI) but they have the most rating to eat from SoR. SoS might also gain rating but it will partially be countered by rating loss to SBI as their current rating is still lower than it should be.

My guess would be SBI will glide into gold league on the rating boost they will get from SoR this week (I assume they will perform decently during the week, it’s going to be hard to keep up a weekend performance compared to T1 weekday coverage though). The final spot will go to either SoS or FA, but any combination of those three is possible. I think Maguuma drew the short straw this week (from the perspective of people who wanted to get into gold league), if they knock FA out of gold it will likely only be to keep SoS and SBI there.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Let me clarify, I think it will be SBI and Maguuma in Gold.
While FA enjoys a substantial advantage in night coverage, it is somewhat blunted by CD (so no 600 ppt). Maguuma has the best daytime outside of the top 4 and a better NA than FA.
The only question is if they are going to break tradition and push on the weekend.

Since SoR follows the down rolled T1 pattern of attempting to distribute misery equally, The score changes as they stand right now are likely to hold. The only x-factor is how their lower tier transfers will handle SoR’s numbers and coverage. So far they are doing well, so we’ll see. They also got an infusion of numbers from somewhere at the end of last week. I hope they didn’t join for Silver League play.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

The fact is that there are four servers for two spots in Gold – FA, SoS, Mag and SBI. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but each one faces a direct opponent – smart move if it’s not only rng.

Fact is – any 2 of these 4 could end in gold. We’ll only know Friday I suspect.

SoS and SBI are extremely close in PPT, the SoS strong timezone will show up later. SoR massacres us both equally. Then Maguma and FA – anyone’s guess what Maguma will do – they are the ultimate trolls right – they won’t miss the chance -that was friendly btw.

I mean – we played both last week and Maguma was clearly stronger than FA – yet now FA is winning and staying in gold.

Who knows – we’ll have to wait till the last days of the matchup. Great times.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If SoS could get stronger in NA, they would be scary good. Their SEA/Oceanic coverage is beast mode.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I mean – we played both last week and Maguma was clearly stronger than FA – yet now FA is winning and staying in gold.

FA was beating Mag until Monday afternoon last week as well. You played the match, you should know this.

Mag imo got shafted by RNG for the matchup by getting CD. We shall see.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

with the upcoming leauge being 3 tiers instead of 2, 3 servers decided to fight for the last spot in gold tier.

I would like to hear everyone,especially current and past opponents, opinion on who they think can PPT their way to Gold League between SoS, Mag, and SBI.

I think this whole league system doesn’t work to begin with because, what actually happens excatly is;

Guild X leaves server Y.
Server Y now gets even worse.
Server Z gets a new guild, and becomes T1.
5 Months later:
Guild X doesn’t like Server Z anymore because they are fighting very tough oppents.
Guild X leaves Z and Rejoins Y who are now T3.
Server Z drops back down to T2.
Server Y goes to T2 and beats Server Z.
Server Z guilds switch to Server Y and Server Y is T1.
Server Z drops to T3

The process repeats.

Honestly I think anyone who transfers between servers should not be allowed entry into WvW for a period of time, say a month?

Because let’s be honest it’s about your server not guilds switch between servers to min/max their wxp. An perfect example is CD afew months back was one of the better wvw servers, then when they started getting matched up with tougher servers the guilds jumped ship and went to lower end ranked places.

The system doesn’t work, without either removing the server transfer tool or slapping on significant disadvantages for doing so. Hence if you was banned from WvW for a month they would be a reason not to transfer because, for all you know that server next month could be in a league you didn’t want to be in.

(edited by Cruril Darksbane.2318)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Leagues seem like a bad idea when the outcome is clear to begin with. Guess I kind of long for the original groups of 3 servers that kept the matches closer even if FA,TC and DB seemed to play each other every week for months.

Oh believe me, I could have predicted the direction WvW would take, I would have lauded rather than bemoaned Anet for their amazing and wonderful grouping of 3 servers that we had at release.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

style.6173

with the upcoming leauge being 3 tiers instead of 2, 3 servers decided to fight for the last spot in gold tier.

I would like to hear everyone,especially current and past opponents, opinion on who they think can PPT their way to Gold League between SoS, Mag, and SBI.

I think this whole league system doesn’t work to begin with because, what actually happens excatly is;

Guild X leaves server Y.
5 Months later:
Guild X doesn’t like Server Z anymore because they are fighting very tough oppents.
Server Z drops to T3

The process repeats.

Honestly I think anyone who transfers between servers should not be allowed entry into WvW for a period of time, say a month?

Because let’s be honest it’s about your server not guilds switch between servers to min/max their wxp. An perfect example is CD afew months back was one of the better wvw servers, then when they started getting matched up with tougher servers the guilds jumped ship and went to lower end ranked places.

The system doesn’t work, without either removing the server transfer tool or slapping on significant disadvantages for doing so. Hence if you was banned from WvW for a month they would be a reason not to transfer because, for all you know that server next month could be in a league you didn’t want to be in.

This was true at one point. Now it is more of bandwagon guild 1 realizes they aren’t as good as they think they are. That guild then transfers to T1. They now think they are good.

That’s more of how things are going.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

If SoS could get stronger in NA, they would be scary good. Their SEA/Oceanic coverage is beast mode.

Thier SEA/Oceanic is gettin pwend by SoR.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

FA was beating Mag until Monday afternoon last week as well. You played the match, you should know this.

SBI also owned FA’s BL most evening, which was a boost for you. This week, CD will do well in SEA time, so that will help mag out as well.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Guild X leaves server Y.
5 Months later:
Server Z drops to T3

The process repeats.

Honestly, I don’t know about the “rejoining” the old server aspect after transferring. How many guilds transferred back to SBI, that have left?

Plus, earlier this year, CD was matched with SBI in the 10, 11, 12, match up for months. We were pretty equal til they got some server transfers and the owned us. Then they shot up in the ratings.

So, maybe some of those guilds that transferred off prefered life in t4 better? Not everyone wants to be on t1 and t2.

(edited by Andrew Clear.1750)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The question now is how many players bail on SBI now that they got vaulted into gold? I like SBI but they have gotten a lot of bandwagon players who probably aren’t in it for the long haul especially when it is unlikely they will win any week over the next 7 weeks.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Then Maguma and FA – anyone’s guess what Maguma will do – they are the ultimate trolls right – they won’t miss the chance -that was friendly btw.

I’m sure nobody on our server would take offense to that – Half of Mag wants to play in gold league this season and silver next; the other half wants it the other way around.

I’d prefer Gold league now because being in one of the top spots of silver league might attract people to our server that don’t fit in…

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SoS don’t have a SEA just a really strong oceanic, which we can hold our own against any t1 server.

Yet the problem lies with this imagin you have all wp’ed keeps and you have all the enemy keeps paper by the end of a timezone. In the next timezone you both have even numbers but you will still be at a stalemate and there isn’t much the enemy can do to gain ppt because all your structures are fully upgraded whilst their is paper.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

15 points separate rating between these four servers and the order keeps switching between them. 0.1 of a rating difference between Mags and FA.

It could still be like this Friday night. And in a weird way CD partly controls who ends up in gold/silver league – if they switch off rest of week then both Mags and FA would pull back rating and move over SBI and SoS.

But then it really might depend on which server wants the poisoned chalice excitement of being up in gold league most.

Sea of Sorrows

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

SBI also owned FA’s BL most evening, which was a boost for you. This week, CD will do well in SEA time, so that will help mag out as well.

Your posts continue to amaze me.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Looks like FA are determined to tank their way into the top of the silver league. It’s disappointing to see such obvious match manipulation take place in the week’s preceding the beginning of leagues.

The current T1 and T2 matches are an example of what almost every week of the gold league will look like. You can’t really blame a server for tanking their way out of it.

Players that bandwagon to T1 servers don’t deserve match variety and players outside of T1 deserver better than seven weeks of garbage match ups.

I’m confident there would be blow outs if any of the current gold league contenders ended up in silver league, but I’m also confident there will be at least one or two match ups that are competitive. For any of the T2 servers in gold league that’s guaranteed not to happen.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

style.6173

Well yeah, but getting pwned by SoR doesn’t mean SoS isn’t good. It just means SoR is insane right now. SoR can do that to pretty much any server during that time zone with the exception of JQ.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Actinotus.6410

Well yeah, but getting pwned by SoR doesn’t mean SoS isn’t good. It just means SoR is insane right now. SoR can do that to pretty much any server during that time zone with the exception of JQ.

Apologies if you think SoS only getting as high as about +250 ppt against SoR during oceanic time last night isn’t any good. I am sure any of the other 22 NA servers could do a better job.

Sea of Sorrows

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

FA is not tanking – they lost several WvW guilds to the transfer fever. We (SBI) fought them last week – and while they put up a good fight – Maguma was stronger. I can see very well FA dropping to silver, with no tanking intention.

The ones that should push for 6th there is Maguma – like all servers involved they are divided between pushing for Gold or Silver.

Crystal Desert is, surprisingly, the server that has the biggest impact on the race for Gold

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Niim.9260

Crystal Desert is, surprisingly, the server that has the biggest impact on the race for Gold

RNG is the biggest impact on the race for gold, CD is just the result of the bad roll.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Your posts continue to amaze me.

And you server pride blinds you. CD is keeping it closer than it is “supposed” to be because of their SEA/OCeanic presence, that they have always had.

FA catches up during the night also. But, it does look like FA wasn’t on vacation last week, and that those guilds that left really affected them.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Oh, I know SoS has a great Oceanic presence. I faced them before, more than once. Just saying that SoR is really taking that advantage away so far.

They took our night advantage away this evening, because they kept attacking our BL, and leaving yours alone. Probably didn’t help that we were assaulting theirs.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Apologies if you think SoS only getting as high as about +250 ppt against SoR during oceanic time last night isn’t any good. I am sure any of the other 22 NA servers could do a better job.

I was sleeping around that time, sorry. I went to bed around 6am est, and both our servers were in the mid 100s.

We actually took the PPT lead tonight, was shocked. Had a blast keeping them from retaking their bay.