Last Spot in Gold League

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why do you all play so late? I miss all the fun.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

And you server pride blinds you.

I have none, that would be more your issue.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

And you server pride blinds you.

I have none, that would be more your issue.

You have no server pride ? Interesting. And yes – this is probably an issue with some SBIers.

Joke aside – noone can anticipate what will happen. The debate is probably on on all servers, with pros and cons but no server is tanking. What will be will be.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Looks like FA are determined to tank their way into the top of the silver league. It’s disappointing to see such obvious match manipulation take place in the week’s preceding the beginning of leagues.

The current T1 and T2 matches are an example of what almost every week of the gold league will look like. You can’t really blame a server for tanking their way out of it.

Players that bandwagon to T1 servers don’t deserve match variety and players outside of T1 deserver better than seven weeks of garbage match ups.

I’m confident there would be blow outs if any of the current gold league contenders ended up in silver league, but I’m also confident there will be at least one or two match ups that are competitive. For any of the T2 servers in gold league that’s guaranteed not to happen.

ermm we lost a major na guild to jq that bought them from us, then we lost a bunch of other guilds and morale is still low. before accusing us of kitten tanking. if u were on fa u would know that eventhough 7 weeks vs t1 will be terrible, we are not the tanking kinda server. sbi has become a bandwagon server like kaining and mag has gotten a ton of transfers and is turning into a bandwagon too.
u dont wanna believe us? go fight t1 for 3-5 weeks and u will see how your guilds get bought and then the server starts dropping, because the morale drops with it. doesent mean that fa will give up or lose more guilds. it actually strenghtens our community now more than ever. if we drop to silver league, oh well at least good fights, if we stay in gold….. bring it on!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think the general consensus is that they are tanking on some level over there. Whether or not they think they are just facilitating a natural correction from their lost guilds; or if it’s genuinely throwing the matches can only be answered by them.

I do know that there are a lot of folks not happy with the state of affairs over there. I wouldn’t be surprised if they bleed a little more in the next 5 days or completely go to pieces during the Season.

FA has a lot of resilience, but they have been taking it on the chin for over 5 months now and there has been few signs of that trend reversing.
Also I think they got really discouraged when they pooled money together to transfer RISE over, just to have them leave for SoR just a few weeks later.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

This page is very interesting. Selan has admitted that FA is tanking, though it’s called “vacation” (wink wink).

Also, I think everyone expected SBI to bleed off some people as they moved up and there may very well be a complete riot over there (look for a massive tanking effort) as the folks who moved there early on from DR and DH signed up to be at the top of the original Silver League and didn’t sign up for possible Gold League with only the top 6.
If SBI rolls snake eyes and gets TC or higher, there will be a last minute panicked exodus.

Likewise there will be a last minute flood to the server that looks like a lock for the top of Silver.

I think the WORST possible outcome would be FA and SoS in Gold League. SBI will superstack, snore through leagues, and will have ungodly momentum at the end of the first season; right as the T2 servers will still be shaky on their feet (FA is looking very unstable and TC is even looking a bit wobbly) we might even see TC or FA lose people at the end of the season (a lot of folks on TC have gotten soft on 4 out of 5 matches being against lower ranked servers; though they have a pretty loyal core).

never admitted that and never said that. after the terrible matchup with jq and the loss of some of our guilds we were demoralized. i saw a lot less people logging in after that and they are still on fa. so yeah we needed break. our core guilds are still there and we still stay strong.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

I think the general consensus is that they are tanking on some level over there. Whether or not they think they are just facilitating a natural correction from their lost guilds; or if it’s genuinely throwing the matches can only be answered by them.

I do know that there are a lot of folks not happy with the state of affairs over there. I wouldn’t be surprised if they bleed a little more in the next 5 days or completely go to pieces during the Season.

FA has a lot of resilience, but they have been taking it on the chin for over 5 months now and there has been few signs of that trend reversing.
Also I think they got really discouraged when they pooled money together to transfer RISE over, just to have them leave for SoR just a few weeks later.

u forget our history. 5 months is way overexaggerating. we dont mind losing to tc and never did. after all we got smashed by them for months in t3 and we never gave up and actually grew a lot during that time.
so we lost some guilds, so what? doesnet mean that fa falls apart. we never were the ppt kinda server, we prefer good fights.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

u forget our history. 5 months is way overexaggerating. we dont mind losing to tc and never did. after all we got smashed by them for months in t3 and we never gave up and actually grew a lot during that time.
so we lost some guilds, so what? doesnet mean that fa falls apart. we never were the ppt kinda server, we prefer good fights.

By your own admission, your server was taking a “vacation” last week. Right as your biggest competition had fallen completely apart; you had a golden opportunity to assert your place as the true T2 server.
You still had numbers during the JQ matchup with us, fielding some impressive zergs at times.
Now you are losing to Maguuma for a second week in a row, a server that has crap for nighttime numbers? Unless UA and the others have left, I feel raised eyebrows are in order.
Unless you had a large number leave last week or at the very end of the previous week, I don’t see how this current state of affairs could even happen.

I like you guys, and don’t wish ill will. However, it doesn’t look good from the outside. You’re now either a T3 server that will have a hard time with servers like Borlis Pass, or there is some sandbagging by your casuals. It’s one or the other.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

selan.8354

By your own admission, your server was taking a “vacation” last week. Right as your biggest competition had fallen completely apart; you had a golden opportunity to assert your place as the true T2 server.
You still had numbers during the JQ matchup with us, fielding some impressive zergs at times.
Now you are losing to Maguuma for a second week in a row, a server that has crap for nighttime numbers? Unless UA and the others have left, I feel raised eyebrows are in order.
Unless you had a large number leave last week or at the very end of the previous week, I don’t see how this current state of affairs could even happen.

I like you guys, and don’t wish ill will. However, it doesn’t look good from the outside. You’re now either a T3 server that will have a hard time with servers like Borlis Pass, or there is some sandbagging by your casuals. It’s one or the other.

u know why we lost last week. mag and sbi both focusing us. mag is stacked now its not the same server u know anymore. this week its unfortunate that cd is not strong enough to keep up with both our servers, but when they do attack its more towards us than mag. mag has become more bandwagon than ever. it doesnt matter what it looks lke from the outside. i know whats going on and the loss of 2 60 guild is not a fun thing. 60 man sea guild is gonna and 60 man na guild is gone. thats the reason why. u can thank t1 for that and the stupid leagues that is destroying servers because fairweathers wanna bandwagon to the winning servers which is kittened.
bp is not gonna beat us like that, so please could u stop makeing us look like losers? we are not. if u got questions go to our forums and read!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

We spent most of last week fighting SBI and we got INC – that’s it. Nobody bandwagoned to mag and the only people we’re actively recruiting are SEA / OCX players (and the last post in our recruitment thread was made a week ago).

PS: It’s “you” and there are two shift keys on your keyboard – how lazy can you be?

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

(edited by Warthog.6870)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

p lazy bro

I think you have a lot more militia than you used to have but maybe I’m cray cray. Given your style I think you’d be making fun of them on the forums a lot more if that were so.

Given our current coverage I don’t think we would lose to Borealis Pass, but I have sincere doubts that either Maguuma or Fort Aspenwood would exist in its current form in silver league, so that’s neither here nor there.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

SBI here. My wife and I play WvW everyday for an hour or two. We found last week’s Mag and FA match-up was both fun and satisfying. This weeks SoR stompfest has been occasionally fun (a few good fights and a few 2vs2 encounters) but overall not satisfying.

Assuming that we make the gold league…..

While I want to win, I want to be competitive. There is fun to be had even in losing. However, our current matchup shows the tremendous gap between the top tier and the second tier servers. Plop us with two T1 servers and its going to be even worse. A week or two of that would be ok. Seven weeks of that? The two of us say “No thanks.”

To the players on our server who wanted the gold league, I hope you enjoy it. Some of us will not be joining you as much as we used to and we’ll find something else fun to do with our time in the game.

SBI

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Bantha.6453

Bantha.6453

Maguuma is the type of server that would rather fight Outnumbered then be the one doing the outnumbering. So, if we don’t make it to gold we’d prefer anyone considering a transfer please choose another server if you are NA within the Silver League Ebay, Crystal Desert, BP, IOJ or any of the others, so we’ll have better competition than super stacking 1 or 2 servers for the rewards.

(edited by Bantha.6453)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

mag is stacked now its not the same server u know anymore.

Stacked with what?

I think mag is pushing a bit harder then normal the last couple weeks because we are hoping to get into gold, but one new guild in an already covered time block is not ‘stacked’.

FA lost some guilds. They were never a PPT server so the notion that they are tanking on purpose is stupid, they simply do not have as many people as they used to.

~ AoN ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

We got A guild with less than 40 (around 20 active) members. Wow. Dat bandwagin is too stronk. We need to chill on the recruiting guys!!111one

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

Now that the numbers have been made public, I withdraw the speculation on FA tanking.
FA are definitely not losers, but I think you’ll have more competition than you were expecting. #13 is keeping things uncomfortably close to your score, which means you do have to worry about BP and IoJ.
There’s no shame in that, I’ve always considered BP “Maguuma-lite” and now they have some nighttime coverage they’ll be tough. IoJ got a lot of transfer love and SBI is showing us all that just because the transfers are from lower tiers, doesn’t make them weak at all.
Either way, best of luck to FA for the season.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The reality is this…. 5-9 would all have a better time fighting each other than 5&6 being in Gold and 7-9 in Silver. 1-3 needs to be by themselves. TC at 4 is a bit of an exception with not really belong in gold or silver. That may change though if the rumors of more bandwagonners leaving them for T1 later this week come true. Others have said this before, but the best league would be:

1. 1-3. No one can compete with these servers. We don’t need a league to tell us that.
2. 4-12:
3. 13-21
4. 22-24

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Big bro FA, we’ll take the beating for you in gold.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

The reality is this…. 5-9 would all have a better time fighting each other than 5&6 being in Gold and 7-9 in Silver. 1-3 needs to be by themselves. TC at 4 is a bit of an exception with not really belong in gold or silver. That may change though if the rumors of more bandwagonners leaving them for T1 later this week come true. Others have said this before, but the best league would be:

1. 1-3. No one can compete with these servers. We don’t need a league to tell us that.
2. 4-12:
3. 13-21
4. 22-24

Something like this.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

New idea, keep things how they are, call it a League anyway; and just give pretty prizes to the T1 guys so they keep all the simps who have to have shinies and pat on the backs for stacking; and the rest of us can get on with real WvW.

kthxbye

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

u know why we lost last week. mag and sbi both focusing us. mag is stacked now its not the same server u know anymore. this week its unfortunate that cd is not strong enough to keep up with both our servers, but when they do attack its more towards us than mag. mag has become more bandwagon than ever. it doesnt matter what it looks lke from the outside. i know whats going on and the loss of 2 60 guild is not a fun thing. 60 man sea guild is gonna and 60 man na guild is gone. thats the reason why. u can thank t1 for that and the stupid leagues that is destroying servers because fairweathers wanna bandwagon to the winning servers which is kittened.
bp is not gonna beat us like that, so please could u stop makeing us look like losers? we are not. if u got questions go to our forums and read!

lol no mag went after sbi harder than fa because sbi put up better fights. it just looked like both concentrated on you because while sbi could fight back fa couldn’t and so we had dragged out batles with sbi and just took fa’s lunch money. to be honest no one on mag knows what happened to fa as it used to be one of my favorite servers to fight.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

2. 4-12:
3. 13-21
4. 22-24

Something like this.

Yeah, execpt:
1. 1-3
2. 4-9
3. 10-15
4. 16-24

Oh, and NSP should be manually bumped to 15

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: dynafire.5196

dynafire.5196

Yeah, execpt:
1. 1-3
2. 4-9
3. 10-15
4. 16-24

This is exactly what I posted on the SBI forums just now (excluding the manual bump part, though that’s not a bad idea :P).. I think this would really maximize the fun for the most number of people if we could get this..

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I’m on SBI and I’d much, much rather be in Silver League.

Of course, a league with 4 – 9 would have been my first preference, if it existed. That would have been lots of fun and the closest that SBI can come to a close a match-up.

At the moment it’s either

1) Get roflstomped in Gold
2) Roflstomp (most likely) in Silver.

Still, the closest thing we can have to a close match-up is top of silver, not bottom of Gold.

Whoever gets to Gold, I look forward to keeping an eye on the JQ vs SoR vs #6 server match up. shudder

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Because of the match up this week it’s up to SBI more than Mag who will be last place in gold and first in silver.

Way I see it, in all honesty it’s in SBI’s best interest to be silver (#1) for season 1 and solidify their new community rather than have it smashed by every server in gold. Not just every match, every server. Except maybe SoS.

While it’s in Mag’s interest, or at least more of Mags’ interests as a more stable server currently (in terms of community/population) to be gold.

I can almost guarantee if SBI are gold this season with all their new transfers, it will be the end of that story and probably the last time they’re ever gold. No trolling intended; we all know how new mass transfers are before they’ve become a solid part of the community.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

3.5 days in and guess who is still showing up to fight for SBI, and guess who isnt? SoR’s blob and coverage is just rediculous. I have blown so much siege just trying to get a foot hold every morning just to try and get motivation.

For the record, I would still rather have the tougher match then the easier one. Hence why so many of us stayed with SBI even after the mass exodus to the other Tier 1 beasts. I assume it will only get worse when our bloated with fair weather server attracts more of the same when/if we dominate Silver.

I’m not sure where this all went so wrong, I was pretty content in the T 3-5 range with one map queued daily. Anyhow, last spot will not be going to us barring a miracle. As far as tactics and coverage is concerned, we dont deserve it, so thats a good thing.

The one thing that amazed me is the vitriol aimed at a server made up primarily of militia who stayed behind from Exodus. I dont recall recruitment thread or people trying to poach others the way DB or Kaening did. I kind of felt, and still do, that we got the short end of the stick along with HoD.

Hope you make it Mag, though feel for any server that has to match up with that tier one mega blob.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

We got A guild with less than 40 (around 20 active) members. Wow. Dat bandwagin is too stronk. We need to chill on the recruiting guys!!111one

You guys aren’t a bandwagon but you have biggest NA force outside of Top 4. INC is oceanic or SEA? nice to see some balance spreading outside of T1.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

You guys aren’t a bandwagon but you have biggest NA force outside of Top 4. INC is oceanic or SEA? nice to see some balance spreading outside of T1.

INC is NA

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

INC is NA

maybe they were working overtime last matchup. Really hope Mag gets some oceanic/sea from T1 and balance T2 with SBI/TC.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

3.5 days in and guess who is still showing up to fight for SBI, and guess who isnt? SoR’s blob and coverage is just rediculous. I have blown so much siege just trying to get a foot hold every morning just to try and get motivation.

For the record, I would still rather have the tougher match then the easier one. Hence why so many of us stayed with SBI even after the mass exodus to the other Tier 1 beasts. I assume it will only get worse when our bloated with fair weather server attracts more of the same when/if we dominate Silver.

I’m not sure where this all went so wrong, I was pretty content in the T 3-5 range with one map queued daily. Anyhow, last spot will not be going to us barring a miracle. As far as tactics and coverage is concerned, we dont deserve it, so thats a good thing.

The one thing that amazed me is the vitriol aimed at a server made up primarily of militia who stayed behind from Exodus. I dont recall recruitment thread or people trying to poach others the way DB or Kaening did. I kind of felt, and still do, that we got the short end of the stick along with HoD.

Hope you make it Mag, though feel for any server that has to match up with that tier one mega blob.

I have made it very clear that I want to be in Silver League. For various reasons, too.

Still, that hasn’t stopped me from WvWing at all. So don’t think that all of us who want to be in Silver are actually purposely avoiding WvW for this week.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

im pretty sure 90% of sbi wants to be in silver league, afterall, half of their current players bandwagoned in hopes of ranking top silver for temporary finishers in league

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

im pretty sure 90% of sbi wants to be in silver league, afterall, half of their current players bandwagoned in hopes of ranking top silver for temporary finishers in league

Yes… so true, considering when they transferred here we were still on a 2 league system, with all guilds knowing full well they would be fighting at the bottom of the old 1-12 gold league. Use your brain please.

Star Player
[KEK]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

When people joined the server, SBI was already on the cusp of gold league which at the time was Servers 1-12. At the time, nobody knew we would actually climb to the top 5 or 7 servers to fight in a yet to be announced 1-6 and 7-15 league. I think it was a shock when we even went from T5 to T4 after being in tier 5 since the spring.

So to think people would ‘bandwagon’ to a server to fight in the old 1-12 gold league is silly. We have no illusions of defeating the top 3, probably not even TC. We slot somewhere between 5 and 8, and we won’t get a chance to fight SoS on even terms until after leagues are over and a tier 1 server isn’t involved. I’m incredibly happy some excellent WvW guilds and groups have decided to join SBI over the past few months, it’s become a really fun fighting environment for everyone who has come out to fight for the past few months. The efforts and hours our awesome commanders have put in to integrate everyone and learn has been amazing to watch. We even did an organized massive open-field Zerg vs Zerg fight this morning on SBI BL versus SoR.
Both sides were trying to improve open field fighting tactics. We took turns wiping each other and having fun. Cleaning up the dead bodies in the middle was actually fun after each fight.

People don’t bandwagon to ‘also-rans’, and that’s what we are when we face tier 1. We simply don’t have the coverage outside of reset night. What we do have are quite a few organized medium to small sized WvW fighting guilds and a LARGE militia that come out to play sometimes.
Maybe 90% of SBI does want to be in silver, who knows. It’s impossible to know. But we’re still out fighting SoR and SoS and we’ll see what happens on Friday. Maybe ANet will come to their senses and make a 1-3 league so that 4-9 can battle it out like they should be. I personally don’t want to be in either league. Going up against 1-3 is pointless for the most part, as is beating on 13-15. It’s a lose-lose.
I also don’t understand why certain people/servers hate SBI so much. The people are funny and friendly. I don’t hold it against SoR that they’re beating our faces in right now. That’s what WvW is. Sorry to the servers we defeated on the way up the ladder. Inevitably what goes up must come down. It’s happened to us before.

~Tarnished Coast~

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

For the current incarnation of SBI I can understand the current matchup against SoR is a change from what they have been experiencing. I reckon coverage in those top servers is way more compared to those weeks when SBI and SoS was up in T1 last year.

FA especially and SoS and Mag to some extent have spent a lot of weeks playing against the top few ranked servers especially TC and occasionally SoR or JQ so I suppose players on those servers know what to expect a bit more. So I can see that for the first league season probably SBI in the “silver” league might be better for the building of that server. I think SoS and Mags might end up best suited to gold just from where the community on their servers are at the moment.

Sea of Sorrows

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Also – keep in mind that rank predictions are based on points accumulated and assume you will keep them all week.

SBI had a huge reset night, when we had constant 200 PPT and often 300. The prediction system put us on rank 5, assuming we’ll keep it like this – but everyone knew it was not going to happen.

As soon as we dropped to a more stable and reasonable 100 ppt – we started losing projected rank. It was an artefact not a failure – we are still improving ourselves and our rank regardless of the trend. No tanking was involved.

And yes, Maguma (that I love to hate – a unlikable server that has managed to keep it’s identity over one year at least) deserves gold more than us and will do better there probably then SBI could. Then, in seven weeks, we will probably be in gold too – we’ll see what happens then.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Bolded…

but we also play mainly for the fights, the fights in T1 are just outstanding and running with an organized guild of 40-50+ in a BL is amazing, ….

I am either guessing you are drunk or do you actually enjoy the lag. JQ, when we fought you and BG… our mumble went like this …

Cmder “Sign of incoming zerg is you get skill lag before you can see anyone… static down”

Random Warhorn War "dude my skills are lagging I can’t blast your static… "

Cmder “Okay, they are around, scouts fan out”

Scout B “I see them incoming north, about 20,no 40 my graphics didn’t render, its there map zerg north side”

Cmder “Crap, we have 26, okay lets do this”

Random player “how the heck do these guys enjoy playing like this”

Random player B “No idea, it’s just gross, only my 1 button works, the rest don’t fire when clicked”

Cmder “Clear comms we’re engaging”

… for the record, the lag is noticeably worse than fighting any Mags, FA, DB, SoS … we get decent clashes. I have no idea how anyone likes to play under those circumstances.

~X

Lurch didnt post that comment you quoted, someone else did. while I agree with the sentiment, TC is a lot closer to JQ size than any of the servers in that list.

Thanks for stepping in there for me, just reading forum back and wondered where the hell the guy got me quoting this? I have never moved off Gandara let alone gone across the pond!

Lurch
Gandara

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Looks like we might have lucked out and snuck into Silver League.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Looks like we might have lucked out and snuck into Silver League.

That isn’t lucking out, that is garbage. Rather be in gold. These fights this week have been really fun.

It is still up in the air. We all know that SBI doesn’t really show up on Monday nights, and we normally have a good Tuesday.

The reality is that we control our own destiny. When we are up on SoS by 3k or more we are ranked 6th. When we let it fall to less than 2k, like it is now, we are 7th. We need to beat SoS by a nice amount if we want to get into gold.

The problem is that we are battling SoR more than SoS at night time. Sunday we took the fight to SoR in their BL, and kept them there for awhile, lowering their ppt under 300 and keeping ours close to theirs. But, in return, SoR was only attacking our BL and protecting theirs, and SoS had a nice red bl that whole time, and keeping pace with us in PPT.

Monday night, we took the fight into SoS BL. We took hills, and participated in the 3 way battle for their garrison (and SoR tooks our during that time). Once SoS lost their garrison, they left to our BL and took most of our stuff. So, SoR and us were figthing over SoS BL, and SoS kept with us in PPT again, since they had our BL.

It has been exciting, none the less. And the battles have been fun. Don’t stop fighting for that 6th spot SBI.

As far as silver being good for our community, I don’t believe it will be. Most of our transfers came to SBI for better WvW fights and the community. If we are +500 most of the time in silver league, then do you think that they are really gonna be satisfied? Sure, can get some karma quickly, but, it gets pretty boring when you are stomping.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

style.6173

2. 4-12:
3. 13-21
4. 22-24

Something like this.

Yeah, execpt:
1. 1-3
2. 4-9
3. 10-15
4. 16-24

I like this a lot. This would actually make for a competitive league. 1-6 makes no sense. 4-6 would just be fodder for 1-3. 4-9 would result in a lot of good matchups. I’d love to see the battles between SoS, SBI, FA, and Mag. They are so close in rankings. I hope the league doesn’t prevent that fight.

If ANET wants balance, this is the way to do it. Let’s hope they have listened.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

style.6173

As far as silver being good for our community, I don’t believe it will be. Most of our transfers came to SBI for better WvW fights and the community. If we are +500 most of the time in silver league, then do you think that they are really gonna be satisfied? Sure, can get some karma quickly, but, it gets pretty boring when you are stomping.

Which is why a league of 4-9 would be better for everyone. You will not be +500 most of the time against TC, SoS, FA, or Mag. It will be good fights all around. DB is really the only wildcard.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

You need a stable server to survive T2. Having 100 PPT for 7 weeks will cause your more hardcore guilds to start to look elsewhere. Plus the GvG guilds get to talk to commanders from the T1 leeches and will be tempted to leave. By the end of the season you’ll have guilds that want to “move to a place that has better fights”. Mag and SoS have a better chance of surviving Gold league because they’ve risen slowly, but they will also have to deal with any inter-server squabbles that could be the last straw for a guild that decides to leave. Then you’re left with half the coverage on a map and it just snowballs out of control into Silver.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I suspect long-timers like Bannok and some of the more enthusiastic new comers like Andrew would be fine in Gold.
However the rank and file on SBI seem very down on it, to the point where you have multiple posters coming onto the official forums and protesting strongly.

We’ve been honest on SoS that silver league would be a lot easier on us, but we also accept that as the #5 server that we are truly the #5 server. We rather fight and lose, than just give up for a finisher that will probably be visibly different than the Gold one.

There is a plus to that, every time you get spiked by that you face the fact you got spiked by someone who REALLY wanted it LOL

(edited by Chris.3290)

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

MAG, TC and SBI are the new Tier 2.

They can all expect beating from each other and a real beating from Tier 1 in Gold league.

SoS will will be Tier 2.5 and really catch it on the chin.

As it stands right now, FA is probably better off in Silver.

Other than RQ(who bandwagonned to JQ) the majority of players and guilds that left FA went to smaller servers, looking for better non-blobby fights.

FA has lost and gain some in the past few weeks. The aggregate numbers are probably about the same…although our coverage has changed.

A lot of us wanted to stay in Gold so we could farm BG, SoR, JQ and TC…but it just wasn’t to be with SoS and SBI gaining glicko due to favorable rng matchups.

No biggies we are fine, and if its red its dead.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

They can all expect beating from each other and a real beating from Tier 1 in Gold league.

Other than RQ(who bandwagonned to JQ) the majority of players and guilds that left FA went to smaller servers, looking for better non-blobby fights.

FA has lost and gain some in the past few weeks. The aggregate numbers are probably about the same…although our coverage has changed.

A lot of us wanted to stay in Gold so we could farm BG, SoR, JQ and TC…but it just wasn’t to be with SoS and SBI gaining glicko due to favorable rng matchups.

Uh, SoS has beaten Mag in every matchup and have only gained numbers since our last encounter.
FA-SoS-SBI-Mag make up the true Tier 2 class servers and TC is 1.5 (they have the numbers, but not the organization).

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

There is one reason, and one reason only that we want Gold league.

Bags.

Glorious bags everywhere. Running bags, walking bags, hiding bags, fighting bags, even falling bags! The last time we fought JQ, I made over 25g in a weekend from kills alone.

I know myself and the rest of [PYRO] can’t wait.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: thel.5423

thel.5423

I would hope SBI can get enough of the lead to edge into gold league. I would love to have a chance to fight our ex-SBI brethren and see which of our new transfers are with us for the long run. 7 weeks of getting our kitten handed to us sounds way better than karma training in 75% of matchups and getting more band wagoners.

Thel – SBI – [AB/iDB]

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

style.6173

Uh, SoS has beaten Mag in every matchup and have only gained numbers since our last encounter.
FA-SoS-SBI-Mag make up the true Tier 2 class servers and TC is 1.5 (they have the numbers, but not the organization).

This is true. One change though: TC does not have the numbers nor the organization for T1, but are definitely stronger than the other 4 servers you mentioned.

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

I’m split on a few things.

I would relish nothing more than SBI’s bandwagon making gold and then spectacularly imploding, but not at the expense of Maguuma being put in silver. Not at the expense of SoS either, I do enjoy fighting them too, and they absolutely deserve gold league above SBI.

At this point Mag has been slowly climbing in ratings above SBI, which goes to show which server has a community more stable on their decision to tank or to fight

GM – [Ark]ham

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Chris.3290

I would relish nothing more than SBI’s bandwagon making gold and then spectacularly imploding, but not at the expense of Maguuma being put in silver. Not at the expense of SoS either, I do enjoy fighting them too, and they absolutely deserve gold league above SBI.

At this point Mag has been slowly climbing in ratings above SBI, which goes to show which server has a community more stable on their decision to tank or to fight

It’s pretty much a done deal at this point. You guys on Maguuma clearly want it more, and SBI has so many factions pulling in all directions that there is no clear goal over there; and they are losing points because of it. At the current trajectory, SoS will overtake them since we take points from SoR while they try to take from us (Whether or not you play for PPT, it’s important to know how it works).

Last Spot in Gold League

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

It’s pretty much a done deal at this point. You guys on Maguuma clearly want it more, and SBI has so many factions pulling in all directions that there is no clear goal over there; and they are losing points because of it. At the current trajectory, SoS will overtake them since we take points from SoR while they try to take from us (Whether or not you play for PPT, it’s important to know how it works).

Do you ever stop theorycrafting and wondering what other servers are doing and just play the game? Seriously… just shut up…
You’re so obsessed with the inner workings of every server that it’s sad. Get a life.
It has nothing to do with tanking or playing… people aren’t showing up because we can’t hold anything when all our keeps and towers are paper and SoR has map blobs running around. It’s pointless/boring/stupid.
Maguuma is playing against nobody. It’s not that they want it more. FA is a shadow of their former self and CD is rank 13…
This is what WvW is these days… you’re either getting rolled, or you do the rolling.
The only server we’ve lost to since August is SoR. I don’t think we’re doing so bad.
We’re fine. Worry about yourself.

~Tarnished Coast~

(edited by Shonie.5297)