Lessen pve from wvw plz

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I know how you people at anet love npc’s but please. Do not add more npc related nonsense to wvw. Keep that baby business in pve.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

No, I need NPC’s to CnD on my Thief.
More ambients please.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I might have missed some announcement or something here, but when did they add more permanent NPCs to WvW?
As far as I remember they haven’t really added anything of that sort since break-out events and that was about 1,5 years ago.

I suppose one could argue that it was the Living Story NPCs but they haven’t been there for months either. So why this thread all of a sudden?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I might have missed some announcement or something here, but when did they add more permanent NPCs to WvW?
As far as I remember they haven’t really added anything of that sort since break-out events and that was about 1,5 years ago.

I suppose one could argue that it was the Living Story NPCs but they haven’t been there for months either. So why this thread all of a sudden?

I think the OP is just asking for less, as opposed to ‘stop adding’.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think the OP is just asking for less, as opposed to ‘stop adding’.

The OP doesn’t agree: “Do not add more npc related nonsense to wvw”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I know how you people at anet love npc’s but please. Do not add more npc related nonsense to wvw. Keep that baby business in pve.

smart pve like ogre , dredge or hylek camps are very good type of pve and they need to add more like this or something like wildstar will add as a boss fight after a successfully capture of enemies keep.

mindless pve like centauvs and skirts that are doing nothing excpet make us wasting time to see what is attacking a camp , they should total remove and do not add something like that again.

all npc near wp/towers are good for scouters to pass their time more constructive than just sit there and scout and to increase the weapons stacks

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: VideoGamermike.5813

VideoGamermike.5813

Reborn nailed it. why have NPCs to fight in a world centered around player on player combat? If it adds story, promotes teamwork, and adds a bit of help to micromanaging, or even provided bonuses for teamworld, good and good…but not this.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t know why they didn’t turned the centaur and the skritt camp in somenthing like the hyleks/ogres/dregde already… We used to have the quaggan nodes when we had the lake, but really, the quaggans added nothing compared to the EB mercenary camps (which isn’t much anyway, but it help you to defend the camp from a small group, and if left alone, they can take an enemy unupgraded camp by themselves).

And since we’re speaking of these… Fix the ogres! They just spawn the first wave and then stay dead until the camp is reverted to neutral and captured again… The other two camps keep sending waves until neutralized, so I assume the ogres are supposed to be the same.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

ambients are ok but rally mobs is getting annoying. Its already bad enough if you kill half a zerg and they just res the dead guys like nothing happened. Then we got friendly teammates with downs who aoe the hell out of a downed guy with mobs all around to rally them over and over.

The point of this thread is that friendly players who are new or dumb rally the enemy from mobs. Its not that they are trying to troll its just that they are most likely pve heros or just plain dumb.

Also more npcs will only turn wvw into pve version 2. The guards them selves are annoying. Poison/weakness/cripple/blind spam like no ones business. On top of that the eb npcs like dredge who have regen and protection out the kitten . Ogres are the most balanced from these as they just apply weakness and knockdown once in a while. Hylek put poison and knockdown.

Not QQin here if anyone thinks but wvw should be more player v player not player v player sit in camp with npc having a tea party till zerg arrives.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

smart pve like ogre , dredge or hylek camps are very good type of pve and they need to add more like this or something like wildstar will add as a boss fight after a successfully capture of enemies keep.

mindless pve like centauvs and skirts that are doing nothing excpet make us wasting time to see what is attacking a camp , they should total remove and do not add something like that again.

all npc near wp/towers are good for scouters to pass their time more constructive than just sit there and scout and to increase the weapons stacks

I really don’t consider that smart pve. Its just more things to kill if you are caping a camp. With enough people you will do it fast enough for their npc bs to not matter. Where as if you are alone or duo you mostly avoid these because its a huge waste of time. Edge of the mists is really bad for this case as the players just run around and karma train and farm kills while npc do repairs, auto cannons, really tanky npcs.

If you want more npcs there is always pve. In wvw these things arnt required and I would expect anet to make more player interactive things and less to none pve elements.

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I really don’t consider that smart pve. Its just more things to kill if you are caping a camp. With enough people you will do it fast enough for their npc bs to not matter. Where as if you are alone or duo you mostly avoid these because its a huge waste of time. Edge of the mists is really bad for this case as the players just run around and karma train and farm kills while npc do repairs, auto cannons, really tanky npcs.

If you want more npcs there is always pve. In wvw these things arnt required and I would expect anet to make more player interactive things and less to none pve elements.

i could easy answer to this “If you want more npcs there is always pve.” with this “If you want pure pvp there is always the spvp” , but i will not do it , because most of the players think tha www is just pvp.

they refuse to understand that the pvp is just one tool to have a victory and there are are many other parts in www that satisfy players with more needs from a mmo than to just pvp .

i know people that they love to use sieges, to scout in passive or in an active way , to run dollies or return an easy cap of a camp to a victory alone against a 5 men group by the help of these extra veteran npc …..

happened ? many times … and the feeling that you returned alone a lost to a victory is priceless !

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I could easy answer to this “If you want more npcs there is always pve.” with this “If you want pure pvp there is always the spvp” , but i will not do it , because most of the players think that www is just pvp.

+1 solely because of that part, I don’t even care about the rest.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Lessen pve from wvw plz

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

i could easy answer to this “If you want more npcs there is always pve.” with this “If you want pure pvp there is always the spvp” , but i will not do it , because most of the players think tha www is just pvp.

they refuse to understand that the pvp is just one tool to have a victory and there are are many other parts in www that satisfy players with more needs from a mmo than to just pvp .

i know people that they love to use sieges, to scout in passive or in an active way , to run dollies or return an easy cap of a camp to a victory alone against a 5 men group by the help of these extra veteran npc …..

+1 Sooo much this!