Let's balance T2 US

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

We could all go to T1 and do coverage war but the queue & skill lag will be unbearable. Plus it will be bad for the game to make T1 stronger since RNG/leagues will vary the matchups & competition will be bad. We really need to balance the population to T2 to bring it closer to TC’s strength but not as big.

Goal would be bring 2 more candidates to subTC’s level or a little higher then FA’s level. FA is what I consider true T2 server but TC has grown to T1.5. TC also needs a reality check here. There are only 3 T1 servers. If TC becomes T1 server then T2 is permanently screwed similar to how you are always dominating everyone outside of T1 but in T1 you can’t do much. This can’t be fun for you or FA/Mag and any one else that moves up to T2.

Here’s what we need.

TC- Needs to stop recruiting and trying to become T1 server. There can be only 3. Once we get a true T2 3 servers then we can try to bring T2 servers closer to kitten make Gold league have variety.

FA/SoS/Mag/SBI – Out of these 4 servers 2 servers need to get closer to TC’s population. Here is what each of these servers needs. If you are considering transferring out of T1 or transferring to higher tier for different type of matchup pick one of these 4 servers to help bring some balance to T2.

FA – Needs NA/Oceanic/SEA. They need a little help in all 3 timezones it seems looking their matchup history with TC,Mag,SBI.

SoS – Needs NA. SoS currently has the weakest NA out of the 4 candidates but have great oceanic coverage & couple sea/eu guilds.

Mag – Mag needs Oceanics/SEA. Mag has the strongest NA out of all 4 candidates & have really great EU/early NA coverage as well.

SBI – Needs time to organize & rebuild mostly which numbers can’t help. New to the mix only tested for 1 week against FA/Mag have great SEA/Oceanic and has high NA numbers but lacks experience in higher tiers.

So please if you looking to transfer to a new server, please consider one of these 4 servers and help balance T2.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I support this, if T1 and T2 is going to be part of a leauge it would be really nice to see T2 servers filled to have more coverage and then work towards having better server coordinations to play on even groups with the T1 servers.

[DONE]

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

While this is a great idea, T1 servers have the capability to outbid T2 servers when it comes to acquiring guilds, and there’s nothing you can do to stop them.

Also, what oceanic/sea guilds are left to fill T2….. majority of them have been bought up and absorbed into T1 servers. Only way this will work is if the transfers come from T1 and good luck getting that to happen. We’ll have to wait for one of them to implode.

[Meow] needs to be congratulated. So far the only guild brave enough to leave T1 for a T2 server. Others should follow their lead. Don’t be a wuss.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

While this is a great idea, T1 servers have the capability to outbid T2 servers when it comes to acquiring guilds, and there’s nothing you can do to stop them.

Also, what oceanic/sea guilds are left to fill T2….. majority of them have been bought up and absorbed into T1 servers. Only way this will work is if the transfers come from T1 and good luck getting that to happen. We’ll have to wait for one of them to implode.

[Meow] needs to be congratulated. So far the only guild brave enough to leave T1 for a T2 server. Others should follow their lead. Don’t be a wuss.

Several tier 1 guilds moved to dragonbrand when it was still tier 2. They eventually got bored and left. People are in tier 1 for a reason.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: alopex.4625

alopex.4625

Is there a list (outside of the game itself) which indicates the actual population status of the servers ?
Unless all these servers pay for your transfer, cost is an issue to consider when you’re looking for a server.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

I agree!!

I can’t believe we SOS is the 5th rank server (at the moment) and our population for wvw is peanuts compared to 1,2,3 and 4th ranked server.

TC are currently steamrolling us this week and they are the 4th ranked server. JQ last week murdered us by 300k at the end of the week.

All i can say is that when gold league starts and SOS is part of the 6, there will be a lot of crap matches when paired up with us…..

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: J heazy.7214

J heazy.7214

Several tier 1 guilds moved to dragonbrand when it was still tier 2. They eventually got bored and left. People are in tier 1 for a reason.

I wasn’t right in the middle of this, (I was decently close to the situation by being on a T1 server at the time) but there is another interpretation. Could be that DB started getting beat by TC in T2 and then the bandwagon leaders then knew the dream of beating their ex-servermates on JQ wasn’t going to happen so they moved on to BG where they would have a better chance. looking back at the scores in May and June I find it hard to believe that the T2 fights were boring since the scores were decently close.

I bailed out of one of the top 3 servers when getting a 10 man guild group all on the same borderland on a Wednesday or Thursday evening started to become a hassle. If we could get 2 more servers up to Tarnished Coast’s population that would be the best situation imo. Even better if they came from one of the top 3 servers.

[STUN] Tarnished Coast

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Completely agree – the difference between SoS & TC being 4th and 5th is stupid.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Completely agree – the difference between SoS & TC being 4th and 5th is stupid.

And that’s not just SoS being 5th. Any 5th server FA/Mag & maybe even SBI will have same crappy experience.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

People that have aspirations or plans to be Top Tier 1 servers shouldn’t move out of Tier 1. It takes massive stacking to be in T1 these days so please don’t chose any of these 4 servers with those intentions. Guilds looking for fights and fighting for underdog servers should chose these servers.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

People that have aspirations or plans to be Top Tier 1 servers shouldn’t move out of Tier 1. It takes massive stacking to be in T1 these days so please don’t chose any of these 4 servers with those intentions. Guilds looking for fights and fighting for underdog servers should chose these servers.

guilds like ns and agg specifically left db because of weeks of blowouts and terrible fights. tier 1 has plenty of fights.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I wasn’t right in the middle of this, (I was decently close to the situation by being on a T1 server at the time) but there is another interpretation. Could be that DB started getting beat by TC in T2 and then the bandwagon leaders then knew the dream of beating their ex-servermates on JQ wasn’t going to happen so they moved on to BG where they would have a better chance. looking back at the scores in May and June I find it hard to believe that the T2 fights were boring since the scores were decently close.

I bailed out of one of the top 3 servers when getting a 10 man guild group all on the same borderland on a Wednesday or Thursday evening started to become a hassle. If we could get 2 more servers up to Tarnished Coast’s population that would be the best situation imo. Even better if they came from one of the top 3 servers.

what you fail to mention or remember for that mater is that t2 was close up till the random match ups.

Once the random match up system started, and DB TC and FA never faced each other for all but 1 week about a month ago. People got sick of either stomping lower tiers or being in a 4/5/7 4/6/9 matchup where TC just had to much for a 1v1, so guilds on the other t2 servers left looking for more competitive/even matchups.

What i don’t get is Anet in all this, they must be able to see the dmg the random Rng match ups did to servers, and yet plan on putting in leagues?. Talk about clueless or living in your own special world.

Dont get me wrong tho i admit T1 does have some blame in this, by recruiting guilds. However, it has always been this way since the game came out and it wont Change. T1 is the only Tier where you can really get 24/7 action on the large scale alot of ppl like.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s hard to say what will happen during and, more interestingly, at the end of the first season. There might be a move to further stack the season champs, only to have that backfire, or we might see servers break, etc.

I can tell you that the current T2 and contenders are AMAZINGLY resilient communities.
SoS has had many ups and downs, but the folks here have put down deep roots and there are no fairweathers left.
Maguuma may act in a certain way on the forums, but they bring amazingly organized play to the battlefield.
FA has been constantly a force to be noted, spending almost the entire last 12 months in either T2 or T3; never dropping, never taking the easy way out.
Even SBI, which seems untested in the true heat; has a core of T1 veterans who simply don’t give up.

All these servers are looking for some good people to join them, but people scared of a challlenge need not apply.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

TC- Needs to stop recruiting and trying to become T1 server.

Not sure if you are suggesting if this is a thing but I can tell you it isn’t. What some of the T1 servers did or tried to do to some of our guilds (yes, to their closest competitors and a server which they already handily destroy) is “recruiting”. Take a look at the first few pages of the recruitment forum and see which servers have a bunch of threads. It’s not TC.

Some people care about “balanced matchups” and “good fights” and “long-term health of the WvW game mode”, but many more are stupid and just want to see a big pie chart and think they are part of something meaningful. You can’t change people. Either the system forces it, or the problem perpetuates itself. And the people behind the system clearly aren’t ready to do any form of forcing other than the kind that gets them gem sales.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Chris.3290

Not much chance of the system changing it. Heck, my login screen was encouraging server transfers last night.

ANet is pulling an Enron on us.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I won’t pretend to have an answer for how to “fix” any of this but I think other tier 2 servers could benefit from learning to market themselves. Mimic the style of recruitment post that tier 1 uses as it shows server collaboration and effective communication. Make videos of your guilds doing work and post them. There’s lots of things you can do to rally people to your cause but asking other servers to stop recruiting or to in some way not be as good is a little selfish and lazy I think. If you market yourself successfully then you won’t have to ask such things. Players will join you regardless.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

The best part about WvW is there is no winners. The only reward now is each week you get 1 2 or 3 chests depending on your server result for that week. Personally the rank or tier concept does not matter.

With the leagues coming nothing changes except the scores will be within your league. Sure matches will be random and each server will zerg the way they do. Guild transfers only effects who is playing. Many time my guild would be out numbered 2 to 3 and we would still win the battle. Even if we wipe you pay 3 silver and run back in. Its a game not life or death.Does the match really matter?

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

….Yes, yes it matters a great deal. This is life and when you die that kitten hurts. But hey sometimes life gives you commons and you just have to Mystic Forge that crap and move on.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP. I don’t think TC has been recruiting. If anything, the server has gotten a bit weaker recently with a number of bandwagon jumpers heading to T1.

The challenge is that 5 and 6 have also gotten weaker. FA and DB used to be a good battle for TC. They also have gotten hit by the bandwagon jumpers. Now you have a new 5 & 6 that were not as strong as the FA and DB were previously making everything more imbalanced.

The reality is this…. 1-3 are stronger than ever. No other server should be playing against them ever. They belong in their own set of fights. TC is an exception at the moment although I still do not think they were as strong as 3 weeks ago. SoS which is more of a SEA/Oceanic server and DB which is falling apart are not a good fight for them. 5-9 are all decent battles.

This also shows why the whole league concept is going to be a fail. Over the 7 weeks, 5 and 6 will never win even one matchup. 4 will win once when they play against 5 & 6. I’m just hoping that ANET wakes up soon and keeps 1-3 by themselves.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Chris.3290

What I think Luvpie means, that if/when T2 gets close to balanced; do not pull a JQ and do a mega-recruitment.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

We could all go to T1 and do coverage war but the queue & skill lag will be unbearable. Plus it will be bad for the game to make T1 stronger since RNG/leagues will vary the matchups & competition will be bad. We really need to balance the population to T2 to bring it closer to TC’s strength but not as big.

Goal would be bring 2 more candidates to subTC’s level or a little higher then FA’s level. FA is what I consider true T2 server but TC has grown to T1.5. TC also needs a reality check here. There are only 3 T1 servers. If TC becomes T1 server then T2 is permanently screwed similar to how you are always dominating everyone outside of T1 but in T1 you can’t do much. This can’t be fun for you or FA/Mag and any one else that moves up to T2.

Here’s what we need.

TC- Needs to stop recruiting and trying to become T1 server. There can be only 3. Once we get a true T2 3 servers then we can try to bring T2 servers closer to kitten make Gold league have variety.

FA/SoS/Mag/SBI – Out of these 4 servers 2 servers need to get closer to TC’s population. Here is what each of these servers needs. If you are considering transferring out of T1 or transferring to higher tier for different type of matchup pick one of these 4 servers to help bring some balance to T2.

FA – Needs NA/Oceanic/SEA. They need a little help in all 3 timezones it seems looking their matchup history with TC,Mag,SBI.

SoS – Needs NA. SoS currently has the weakest NA out of the 4 candidates but have great oceanic coverage & couple sea/eu guilds.

Mag – Mag needs Oceanics/SEA. Mag has the strongest NA out of all 4 candidates & have really great EU/early NA coverage as well.

SBI – Needs time to organize & rebuild mostly which numbers can’t help. New to the mix only tested for 1 week against FA/Mag have great SEA/Oceanic and has high NA numbers but lacks experience in higher tiers.

So please if you looking to transfer to a new server, please consider one of these 4 servers and help balance T2.

No, No, and No. Sure, there can only be 3 tier 1 servers, but telling TC to stop recruiting, is just plain stupid. They are trying to compete with tier 1 servers, and maybe make it into tier 1 themselves. If their are 4 tier 1 servers, then there is more competition at the top, and that makes for a better league. The other 2 servers in gold league would get killed, but at least it would be a 4 horse race instead of 3.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Is there a list (outside of the game itself) which indicates the actual population status of the servers ?
Unless all these servers pay for your transfer, cost is an issue to consider when you’re looking for a server.

Populations aren’t given out, but to make a logical guess, I would think the cap would be around a max of 150 per server per BL.

WvW, is probably the least popular portion of GW2, in terms of population. The transfer special isn’t really taking into account the WvW population. Some servers have very high populations, that mainly are only PvE focused.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I agree!!

I can’t believe we SOS is the 5th rank server (at the moment) and our population for wvw is peanuts compared to 1,2,3 and 4th ranked server.

TC are currently steamrolling us this week and they are the 4th ranked server. JQ last week murdered us by 300k at the end of the week.

All i can say is that when gold league starts and SOS is part of the 6, there will be a lot of crap matches when paired up with us…..

SoS has the weak NA, which really hurts them. If a server can just hold off your SEA/Oceanic long enough to not lose what they gained during NA, then you are in for a bad week.

I hope we (SBI) get SoS this week. I still remember when we faced every week, til the RNG came around. Then, hardly saw you guys after that (but we saw BP almost every week)

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

TC hasn’t been recruiting in a while. We can’t even agree on what to put in a recruitment thread. We’ve been considering making one for all of three weeks now, but we can’t decide what to put in it.

I’m not even sure becoming a T1 is still a goal of ours. I don’t think it’s been like that for a while. Most people interested in it have probably bandwagonned off our server. We just want fights. =3

The guilds who have moved to us recently (AGNY, Syn, GF, etc.) have all made the decision on their own, with no funding from us to help them come over even. =S

According to a couple GF people I talked to, they did it so they could hunt down the Mag and other guilds who had wagonned off T3 to the T1s during the Leagues. =P

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

According to a couple GF people I talked to, they did it so they could hunt down the Mag and other guilds who had wagonned off T3 to the T1s during the Leagues. =P

lol, that is funny. Transfers wanting to hunt down others cause they transfered.

Pot calling the kettle black right there.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

TC is in a sad place- we steam roll T2, and get stomped T1.
It’s no fun when the fights are so one sided either way. =/

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

I’m not sure they’re mad about transfers at all, so I dunno how they could be calling anything black.

They moved because the servers they usually fight have lost their best guilds…busting a blob can be fun, but it gets boring if it’s all you do. You want to mix it up with more organized opposition every now and then too.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Hopefully whoever ends up in Gold league stays in gold league for Season1-2 and holds things together.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

I dont know. So far what hurts T1 servers the most are blow-out matches. Looking up from the bottom of the lake to the top is a lot more relaxing when you are not the server having to provide battles to the masses where as we have the opportunities at every corner (sometimes even getting aggro of the whole enemy zerg, desperate for a fight). The match against jq hurt jq more than us and the only strategy was numbers.

Do this a few times and you will see t1 destacking. Only the vision of having that big t1 fight is keeping that structure alive. And t1 is constantly loosing people as well, more maybe than the lower servers.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I dont know. So far what hurts T1 servers the most are blow-out matches. Looking up from the bottom of the lake to the top is a lot more relaxing when you are not the server having to provide battles to the masses where as we have the opportunities at every corner (sometimes even getting aggro of the whole enemy zerg, desperate for a fight). The match against jq hurt jq more than us and the only strategy was numbers.

Do this a few times and you will see t1 destacking. Only the vision of having that big t1 fight is keeping that structure alive. And t1 is constantly loosing people as well, more maybe than the lower servers.

Consider that a good number of the guilds who moved up genuinely did it for the fights. It made sense when T1 matched each other almost all the time – the occasional drop to T2 served as a PvE break perhaps. Next week onwards those matchups will be the norm. There will be casualties, that’s for sure.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Totally agree. Tonight, SoR had people sitting in our garrison for 30 minutes, doing pretty much nothing. Some of them were just spinning golems around inside. This match up must be boring the crap out of them.

Just imagine the NA primetime crew, that has to sit in a long queue, just to get into the map and have nothing to fight, or have to hunt down a fight. I could see why people would want to transfer. Add in the leagues, where, in theory, there will be a different match up each week, then the top 3 will only face each other at once, probably a max of two times. I could see people wanting to leave after awhile.

SoS and SBI have a lot at stake with this match up. The winner is guaranteed gold, while the loser has a shot, depending on how well CD does against MAG and FA.

Let's balance T2 US

in WvW

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Depends on what you see at stake or define as good fights/fun. SBI and Mags are playing for a different reason than sos. Out of the 3 sos is the only one that plays a different meta because it is in effect an Australian servers. Luvpie is not asking ours Aussies to destack either. Cant blame them for wanting to play together. The drawback is that it has an direct effect on na which realizes itself in eu primtime and na afterwards.

Any server that basically faces our ocenics gets everything flattened expcet t1 servers. Then their na force wakes up, sees everything in whatever color sos play with and the enemy na morning karma train starts on retaking it. It has been that way literally on all servers we played against that were 10 or better to the point where i have an 80 mag blob standing in front of the gate. Against that the tc zerg with 60 was moderate.

This is why sos has imho problems recruiting. Because it takes a certain stressresistent mindset in such an environment and some more. Compared to my old servers where lots of events were done in wvw for pve -player we are also still far away from utilizing the big pve player base.
So at the moment, oceanics get provided with good fights and they are learning and improving greatly and whereas in the past i was hesistant because of all this pressure it creates on the other timezones, i am quite happy now for them having fun, and i know on equal numbers we are up to par with any other server.

Nice effect is that we cleared most of the fairyweathers off the table and it has never been that relaxed on the map. The only people i see panicking if you ingore our forum warriors, are the farmers and pve people to the point where we get people in la spamming reminders not to wvw this week.

No matter how this ends. Gold league will hurt t1 (its no suprise people like Fuzzion advertising gettings mags up in gold cause they would provide more fights). And if you compare strategies, i saw darkheaven put more moves on the table than any t1 so far.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”