Let's make WvW more serious.

in WvW

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

I would like to make a suggestion for improving commander rights and solve a lot of problems.
Anyone who decide to take a participation in wvw MUST join commander squad within 20-25 min. or will be kicked from borderlands. Allow 5-6 commanders in each bl with squad size of 20 players. Commander may turn book on, after system calculate who is most useful of all players (captured castles, towers highest rank, etc.)
Commander have a rights to KICK players from borderlands for being useless
(like pve guys does in dungeons).

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol. No.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

lol terrible idea.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Malik.6781

Arguments so powerful.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol… bad idea…..

what if a guild decide to run with tag off…..?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Malik.6781

lol… bad idea…..

what if a guild decide to run with tag off…..?

You will not be able to see commander tag if you not in hes squad.

in WvW

azizul.8469

i mean . how would anyone join a squad if no commander tag ? you said lets make anyone who wish to participate in WvW must join squad. to join a squad you must join a commander (with tag).

so if a guild decide to run around a map tagless, they should be kicked off the map ?

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Malik.6781

Since you start wvw, you have 20-25 min. to join any of 5 commanders. I think that’s explain my idea. By joining you see only 1 tag.
Yeah, sorry for my english.

in WvW

Posted by: Ethurian.3751

Ethurian.3751

Arguments so powerful.

What do you even mean? You didn’t make any arguments yourself. Why do you want this? What would it improve? What would it change? Why? And based on your post, the “Why” must be:

Everyone who plays in WvW must be a mindless blue icon following zergling or they need to be removed. Only my style of play should be acceptable. Anyone who spends 100g should be able to kick someone from the map, because you can do it in PVE. However to make this fair, the WvW servers will somehow calculate which people are allowed to Command. Using magic, because this is a 24/7 game in which players are constantly coming and going. There isn’t enough blobbing and zerging, I demand that everyone zergs. You guys should feel lucky that I didn’t go with my original thoughts, that if you don’t join a Commander’s squad, your game automatically uninstalls itself. Never mind the fact that if there ISN’T a Commander online, WvW would be unplayable. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Aliens.

Right?

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Malik.6781

Everyone who plays in WvW must be a mindless blue icon following zergling or they need to be removed.
20 not a zerg
Only my style of play should be acceptable.
Never said that
Anyone who spends 100g should be able to kick someone from the map, because you can do it in PVE.
Not anyone
However to make this fair, the WvW servers will somehow calculate which people are allowed to Command.
Why not?
Using magic, because this is a 24/7 game in which players are constantly coming and going.

• Commanders who cares about server status plays a lot*
    There isn’t enough blobbing and zerging, I demand that everyone zergs.
    20 in squad
    You guys should feel lucky that I didn’t go with my original thoughts, that if you don’t join a Commander’s squad, your game automatically uninstalls itself.
    Didn’t get that
    Never mind the fact that if there ISN’T a Commander online
  • Read idea again*

Right?
No

in WvW

Posted by: kroven.4895

kroven.4895

You want to be that serious? Join a hardcore wvw guild.

Done.

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

And so what happens when there are less than 5 Commanders, say 2, and both Commanders already have 20 people in their “squad” and yet more people show up to play?

You still haven’t provided why you feel this would improve WvW.

And what if I want to roam as a small group of 4 or 5? Am I supposed to just join a Commander for the sake of not being kicked? Even though I have no intention of following them? Again you say you aren’t forcing people to play the game your way, but you’ve provided nothing to this conversation except trying to defend your idea. Which is all the more ridiculous as you haven’t even given any “why” reasons yet.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

(edited by Ethurian.3751)

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Your idea is terrible on so many levels it amazes me that after you typed it out you would defend it. Let’s just go with the fact that not all players are mindless zerglings that follow a commander let alone giving the power to kick me to someone just because they came up with 100g to blow on a tag. NO!

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Malik.6781

And so what happens when there are less than 5 Commanders, say 2, and both Commanders already have 20 people in their “squad” and yet more people show up to play?

You still haven’t provided why you feel this would improve WvW.

You saying only 2 players on border or what? System will choose 5 highest ranked who capture more objects in border at this moment. They will be able to turn on commander tag. Oh yes, remove npc who selling book, so anyone can be a commander.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wxp level doesn’t equate skill hon. I know people at level 450 who couldn’t lead people out of a paper bag.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Can’t believe that I fell for such obvious trolling.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Malik.6781

@Ethurian
That will solve problems with zergs, afkers, trolls, spies. This will improve coordination and tactics, more newbies learn how to act in wvw faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

sry but you obviously don’t play on a world where when we are losing you don’t see a commander on any map for days at a time.

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

learn how to act in wvw faster.

Whether your intention with this thread is genuine or not; I’ll proceed as if you are. So you randomly choose high ranking people and give them the option to become Commander – which now means Guilds can’t have their own Commanders, and Roamers are now forced to join some high ranked Commander (whom is likely a zergling in the respect of that is the fastest way to rank).

Speaking from a roaming and small group roaming perspective – this now means I would have to join a Commander, not follow him – because I’m going to be roaming, and hope he doesn’t kick me out of WvW for not playing along.

Newbies? What happens when a Newbie makes a mistake, like taking supply from a keep and then get kicked by their Commander? How does that help them learn?

You can only be AFK for a limited time in WvW before you get kicked, significantly less time than it takes to be timed-out-for-AFK in PVE.

And in what way would this reduce spying? And trolls – is the solution to trolls to remove them from WvW?

Conversations like this make me miss more hardcore open PVP worlds/mmos. Because if I didn’t like you, I could kill you and take your stuff and go about my business. That’s a great solution for trolling, or spies. A lot better than “kicking” them.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Malik.6781

Wxp level doesn’t equate skill hon. I know people at level 450 who couldn’t lead people out of a paper bag.

They are better than commanders in JP and those who came in wvw with goal to get ap and troll players.

in WvW

Malik.6781

Whether your intention with this thread is genuine or not; I’ll proceed as if you are. So you randomly choose high ranking people and give them the option to become Commander – which now means Guilds can’t have their own Commanders They can, RL must be best, that’s it , and Roamers are now forced to join some high ranked Commander (whom is likely a zergling in the respect of that is the fastest way to rank).

Speaking from a roaming and small group roaming perspective – this now means I would have to join a Commander, not follow him – because I’m going to be roaming, and hope he doesn’t kick me out of WvW for not playing along. Coordinate your action with commander, they are only appropriate roamers, ofc if they useful

Newbies? What happens when a Newbie makes a mistake, like taking supply from a keep and then get kicked by their Commander? Next time newbie will not take supply from keep, actually commander says, don’t take supply from keep while upgrade going on How does that help them learn?

You can only be AFK for a limited time in WvW before you get kicked, significantly less time than it takes to be timed-out-for-AFK in PVE. autoheal still works

And in what way would this reduce spying? And trolls – is the solution to trolls to remove them from WvW?for example those who drop random blueprints to drain supply while atacking or just to draining supply from keeps

Conversations like this make me miss more hardcore open PVP worlds/mmos. Because if I didn’t like you, I could kill you and take your stuff and go about my business. That’s a great solution for trolling, or spies. A lot better than “kicking” them.
Yes, I like free pvp idea

in WvW

Ethurian.3751

Your idea is just too restricting, in an already overly restricted game mode.

That’s a Bingo.
Sine Pari

in WvW

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

OP – sorry man, no way this will happen.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They are better than commanders in JP and those who came in wvw with goal to get ap and troll players.

The jp commanders are hilarious and at least everyone knows them, especially when they call out in map chat for help with the grub.

in WvW

Posted by: Xefirus.5947

Xefirus.5947

I have no idea if this is a troll or not but…..

I’m sorry but this idea is not applicable from the fact that its highly reliant on your confident in humanity. You give too much credit to those chosen to be a commander base on your system which is base off how high your rank is i assume.

What makes you think just because your rank is high that person makes an amazing commander or even a commander to begin with? That person could might as well be someone who runs ahead of the commander to cap things while commander request for a stack to fight off an incoming zerg or a roamer.

Most importantly is the question of how are you going to kick a commander who is the highest ranked person in the server and also the troll. People he doesn’t like just gets kicked of the borderland because he decides to do it? What happens when this high ranking commander decides that no one else but his guild should be in this borderland because everyone is not up to his standards. I can’t see how your system will be a nice and inviting way to help new players to become better.

So i guess my greatest question that should be underlined is:
What happens when the kind of player you are trying to avoid becomes the man in power and everyone else is on his side? The answer better not be “Anet will intervene” because their time is much better spend elsewhere.

Golden Company XIII [GC]
Tarnished Coast [TC]
Necromancer

in WvW

azizul.8469

and OP said remove the commander book seller npc to implement his idea.

no way this is going to happen. the npc is one of the gold sink. anet won’t remove it.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Really thought the OP would be: If you die in WvW you die in real life.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

If you want to be serious, come up with serious suggestions.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

lolwut no…

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Just imagine the commander spies….

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Arguments so powerful.

What do you even mean? You didn’t make any arguments yourself. Why do you want this? What would it improve? What would it change? Why? And based on your post, the “Why” must be:

Everyone who plays in WvW must be a mindless blue icon following zergling or they need to be removed. Only my style of play should be acceptable. Anyone who spends 100g should be able to kick someone from the map, because you can do it in PVE. However to make this fair, the WvW servers will somehow calculate which people are allowed to Command. Using magic, because this is a 24/7 game in which players are constantly coming and going. There isn’t enough blobbing and zerging, I demand that everyone zergs. You guys should feel lucky that I didn’t go with my original thoughts, that if you don’t join a Commander’s squad, your game automatically uninstalls itself. Never mind the fact that if there ISN’T a Commander online, WvW would be unplayable. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Aliens.

Right?

kitten whatever point was originally trying to be made. This response is incredible. The thread really ended right here.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Heh i see major problems in your idea.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Malik.6781

No I’m not a troll. Well, hands down @Xefirus post, you are right, some people will ruin wvw completely with this idea.
WvW is a great game mode, so sad to see endless Q and bs going on borders t1 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Anyone who decide to take a participation in wvw MUST join commander squad within 20-25 min.

What if there are no commanders in the BL? Everyone gets kicked?

Allow 5-6 commanders in each bl with squad size of 20 players.

I have literally never seen that many commanders in any WvW map.

What are the criteria required for a commander to be able to kick someone? Or can they just arbitrarily boot whoever the hell they want? Because if it’s the latter, then you can bet all of your stuff that people would get tags for trolling in WvW.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this? Eliminating GvG? Or perhaps you don’t appreciate soloers? What about people who don’t want to run with zergs but prefer smaller groups?

Do you even realize that running in a small group with a commander is impossible? It only happens if the BL in question has a very low amount of players in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

No.

Another player cant decide if you can or not play the game. If you are unpleasant to a commander and he kick you? And talk bad about you to the other commander and all commander kick you?

Just better a public kick for commander noob ! Like more of 50% players in the map request a “kick”, commander lose tag for an hour XD

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Points not considered by OP:
1. Not every server has 24/7 coverage.
2. Not everyone wants to run with a blob. Your idea means you want solo roamers to get kicked from WvW.
3. Not everyone with 5k Stonemist caps has an IQ over 80 and therefore not everyone would make a good commander.
4. I’m not sure if everyone has 100g to spend just so he could allow players to play WvW and when they’re not there people can only play WvW for 20 minutes and then get kicked?

What are your arguments for implementing this? You got kicked from a CoF party?

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

what a stupid idea.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

A simpler, cheaper and way more effective strategy is to have pugs tune in on commanders via server teamspeak/mumble/vent

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

What about the roamers?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

I would like to make a suggestion for improving commander rights and solve a lot of problems.
Anyone who decide to take a participation in wvw MUST join commander squad within 20-25 min. or will be kicked from borderlands. Allow 5-6 commanders in each bl with squad size of 20 players. Commander may turn book on, after system calculate who is most useful of all players (captured castles, towers highest rank, etc.)

ROFL.

Please look up roaming.