Look, it's broken!

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Anet is a company run by humans like all of us (not perfect). I understand this and unlike some I am not hostile or “blaming” ….. but LOOK, IT’S BROKEN!!! We need to fix it!

I am referring to the matching system. Here’s the #1 problem – it’s killing WvW and the player base’s continued interest is declining.

I’m sure undesirable match-ups were expected to happen. Maybe we thought that would even itself out after several weeks and the evolution scores falling where they “should” land…. BUT NO that is not happening! Look at the numbers:

Here is the current combined evolution score (as of when I looked it up a couple min ago) of the servers in their matchups:

NA
Lowest ranked in match: +174.931
Middle rank in match: -22.819
Highest rank in match: -161.362

EU
Lowest ranked in match: +254.039
Middle rank in match: +106.258
Highest rank in match: -361.193

The way the matches play out, the LOSING server gets the most evolution score. What does this mean for that server?

A) they lose players and have reduced morale going into next week
combined with
B) they have a greater chance of facing higher ranked servers again

The problem compounds itself and so by the time this “sorts itself out” you will be left with about 6 over-populated servers and 18 abandoned ones.

The death of GW2 WvW is coming if something does not change. I don’t think anyone in Anet or reading this forum wants to see that.

Heed the call. If it’s being looked at but no change is planned yet, at least ANNOUNCE that it’s being looked at to give players hope and a reason to stick around.

If it has been announced please point me to the link.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Don’t “fix” the matching system, fix the evolution ratings. If you are in last place and it’s not reasonably close, you should de-evolve. Otherwise it’s like saying “yea you got blown away, but we thought you’d get blown away even worse so good job” ….. that is not a fair or appropriate message to send. When you lose you should be given a better chance next week to win. Evolution doesn’t keep players around… winning does.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

It would be fantastic if everyone stacked 6 servers. The real problem here is pvers lets be honest without real server types wvw/spvp/pve/rppve/rpwvw we end up with a spread population and makes focusing hard TC and BG have full server but BG has a much larger wvw player base and so TC will not be able to rise in the ranks unless a server with a higher wvw pop explodes. I am by no means saying that numbers alone = wins but it is a factor and if your servers population capped out it is going to be much harder to advance unless you can get your pvers to wvw.

even more so when you consider A) they lose players and have reduced morale going into next week

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

NA

This match has rank 18 holding its own against rank 14 and 10. In fact, rank 18 had a similar or better score to rank 14 for the entire matchup. Now we have a decision to make. It is that rank 18 is too lowly scored or are ranks 14 and 10 too highly scored? How could we solve this issue?! Oh yes! We can take points from the higher ranked servers and give them to the lower ranked server.

The system is working as intended and in a very logical way in this case. Point out on of the matches where the losing server loses by 100k points and gains rating if you want to show the system’s flaws. Right now I think almost everyone can agree that in your example GoM deserves every point it is earning.

By the way your numbers are very wrong. GoM is only going to gain 107ish points this week. I don’t know how you managed to come up with 174.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Don’t “fix” the matching system, fix the evolution ratings. If you are in last place and it’s not reasonably close, you should de-evolve. Otherwise it’s like saying “yea you got blown away, but we thought you’d get blown away even worse so good job” ….. that is not a fair or appropriate message to send. When you lose you should be given a better chance next week to win. Evolution doesn’t keep players around… winning does.

Rewards… actual WvW rewards do as well. Which are completely nonexistent when compared with the ease of the rest of them game.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Sorelus Imperion.3469

Sorelus Imperion.3469

“And again, stealth has a lot of counters: AoE, blind, knockback, aa chain can give you a hint if he’s near, interrupt before they go into stealth.
Nerfing heavily stealth for a thief is like taking the water attunement/trait away from an elementalist”

Neither of these are counters. AOE often has a fairly long cooldown and most likely won’t hit anyway since the player still has to GUESS the position of the thief and guessin certainly is not a counter. Everything else requires the player to target the thief and also has relatively long cooldowns ergo can’t serve as a counter to spammable stealth. There is literaly no ability which will prevent the thief from dissapearing meaning that even if you are lucky and can target the thief and stun him before he stealths again you will have to put him out of action permanently within the 3 seconds most stuns are active which is impossible. Currently the only method to kill a permastealth thief is to get both numerical superiority and the element of surprise to catch him of guard and put a combined stun on him that works long enough to kill him. That is of course assuming that he has not a single stun breaker which is unlikely but at least possible

Nerfing stealth by introducing a cooldown of up to twenty seconds between stealthing appearing and re-stealth isn’t similar to taking out one attunment it’s like putting a cooldown on Elementalist attunements … wait there already is a cooldown on attunements.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Another problem is supply plain and simple you can’t employ a strategy where a small number of players is going to take something cause it takes a half hour to run supply. If they could figure out a way to make small groups able to xport more supply and not larger groups it would balance the servers more than ever because it would take the numbers game out of it completely.

Sorelus wrong forum buddy

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Id say we should push them PvErs who refuse to go WvW or step into it onto another server. Cuz they are just taking up space. :P that’s my opinion.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The problem is that for each server, there are very very few matchups that have the potential to be close. So to get close matches each week, you’re pretty much guaranteed matchup stagnation.

The reason there are so few potential close matchups is because of the WvW population imbalance between servers: servers that are just two ranks away from yours often have grossly different WvW population. This problem has really not been addressed by Anet and I feel really needs to be.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

NA

This match has rank 18 holding its own against rank 14 and 10. In fact, rank 18 had a similar or better score to rank 14 for the entire matchup. Now we have a decision to make. It is that rank 18 is too lowly scored or are ranks 14 and 10 too highly scored? How could we solve this issue?! Oh yes! We can take points from the higher ranked servers and give them to the lower ranked server.

The system is working as intended and in a very logical way in this case. Point out on of the matches where the losing server loses by 100k points and gains rating if you want to show the system’s flaws. Right now I think almost everyone can agree that in your example GoM deserves every point it is earning.

By the way your numbers are very wrong. GoM is only going to gain 107ish points this week. I don’t know how you managed to come up with 174.

I’m not talking about GoM I’m adding up all the lowest server evolutions, all the highest, etc.

Your point is based on one match mine is based on them all added together. You look at an exception and think it’s the rule?

The main reason there are exceptions is because the actual rankings are not correct where they should be due to the points I described in OP, and because due to the situation guilds and players keep transferring around, which create the “illusion” of “upsets” and that it’s working as intended. Put a “wvw population +/-” that indicates if the server has grown or declined next to the scores and you’ll see its clear why there are exceptions.

….it makes me think Anet’s goal is to force players to transfer and pay the fees. Either that or they don’t have the right people in charge.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol that’s not really what I meant. I was thinking if they opened specific wvw server we could move. The top servers wvwers would mostly stay the same because they preform well and this power house server taking only wvwers from the lower teirs would make a slow rise to number 1. Mostly just me bsing about how to even the matches up. With server specification if you were on a pve server you would not expect to do well and if you were on a wvw server you would.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Anet says they are waiting a few weeks to see how things play out before they make changes, but I hope they realize that they are forcing people to A) leave wvw and B ) transfers that are making the scores they analyze all but meaningless

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Ynot.8397

NA

I’m not talking about GoM I’m adding up all the lowest server evolutions, all the highest, etc.

Your point is based on one match mine is based on them all added together. You look at an exception and think it’s the rule?

The main reason there are exceptions is because the actual rankings are not correct where they should be due to the points I described in OP, and because due to the situation guilds and players keep transferring around, which create the “illusion” of “upsets” and that it’s working as intended. Put a “wvw population +/-” that indicates if the server has grown or declined next to the scores and you’ll see its clear why there are exceptions.

….it makes me think Anet’s goal is to force players to transfer and pay the fees. Either that or they don’t have the right people in charge.

Sorry about that. Completely missed that line somehow.

In NA there are only 2 servers that are losing by a large margin and gaining rating, ET and CD. There are 2 servers that are losing by a small amount and gaining rating. That shows that the system is working at least half of the time. Servers are generally losing rating to the top server if they are on the bottom and if they are not it is because they are doing well. They are doing better than their rating would suggest they could. There are only 2 exceptions out of the 8 matchups.

All ANet needs to do to solve the issue for those 2 bizarre matchups is to make it so the RNG isn’t so random. Rank 23 facing rank 16? No thanks. When rank 19 can stomp 23 rank 16 shouldn’t be involved. I wont pretend to know how CD can compete against DB, but I do know that coverage plays a gigantic role once you get up to the top two tiers. I doubt any server below tier 2 can take on DB.

I agree with you that the system needs to be fixed but I think your data is a bit misleading. Only two of the matchups show any of the silly scores when it comes to gaining or losing rating as the winner. Every other matchup seems to be working as intended.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

Y Not you’re also on FC notice how in the last 12 matches every time we evolve it’s because we are the lowest rank? and every time we aren’t we de-evolve.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/48

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

except for the -10 on current match because AR’s rating is still not where it should be. When they started tanking everyone knew they would hit rock bottom but it’s taking many weeks for Anet to catch up.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Since everyone is subject to the same system does it really matter those two servers get another week to learn the enemies tactics and hopefully excel before they drop rating.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Y Not you’re also on FC notice how in the last 12 matches every time we evolve it’s because we are the lowest rank? and every time we aren’t we de-evolve.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/48

We only gain a bunch o rating, 30 or 40+ when we get stuck with multiple servers 6 ranks above us. When we get stuck solo against a better server we lose rating. The other servers fighting each other is what gives us the rating. If ANet fixed the match making we might not be gaining rating like that again. IDK why we haven’ gotten FC/ET/AR yet…

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

let me get this straight

youre providing evidence that the non-random system let server ratings drift farther apart than should have been allowed and the random matchmaking is accounting for it by tightening the rankings, effectively giving “free” score to the lowest ranked servers and taking it from the highest ranked servers on a match by match basis.

you use this evidence to suggest gw2 is dying, after throwing in a random comment linking gaining rating to lowering morale.

first, i dont think you should assume the current matchmaking is the end all solution… the random element is set far too wide for such a low competitor population with such varied “skill” levels. the time to tune it will be when aggregate ratings evolutions get much closer to 0. i think that if you were to do the same thing to past weeks, you would find much bigger numbers than +161 and -175, probably more like whatever is going on with the eu numbers this week. as time goes on, these numbers should tend toward 0, and i bet that around the time they hit +/-50, anet will likely tighten the random factor (because otherwise you actually WOULD see matches like ranks 20 v 8 v 4, whereas currently even a separation of 9 ranks is pretty rare).

second, i dont think you drew a valid conclusion.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

without any disrespect I know where things are heading and why, and I did my best to illustrate it. It’s not possible to specifically share everything I have witnessed from players speaking and reading the forums posts of other matchups etc. I tried to sum it up best i could into a post. Like it or not how I presented it, but mark my words the trend has been set and if it continues we are heading towards an overall decline in population and the remaining players transferring to top tiers, widening the gaps we all know exist.

The most important point of my post which I apologize for not including in the OP and not bold+caps’ing is: Evolution doesn’t keep players around (motivated), winning does.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

let me get this straight
you use this evidence to suggest gw2 is dying, after throwing in a random comment linking gaining rating to lowering morale.

i didn’t link the two other than they are both effects of the situation. it should not make sense that getting your kitten kicked, lowering your morale and population and evolving your server towards higher ranks should happen at the same time.

when we are getting destroyed by higher tiers and I see we are evolving, it’s a slap in the face. To me it’s Anet saying “we thought we had you set you up to actually do even worse than that”

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Even T1 and T2 is hollowing out. It isn’t just the lower tiers.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Stop thinking of the tiers as being somehow indicative of skill or winning. Tiers are merely a barometer of wold population and activity.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Aeros your in denial it’s ok to not be as skilled as others, but you guys on bp already know that what am I saying.

If your talking to a carpenter do you say you merely have a hammer

and when you are talking to a plumber do you say you merely have a butt crack.

no you don’t that’s why we merely have a better barometer on your skill level…. l…t…p

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Stop thinking of the tiers as being somehow indicative of skill or winning. Tiers are merely a barometer of wold population and activity.

There’s a lot more to it then just skill or population. If you look at the current T1 match (not the scores, the game play) TC has close to equal numbers in NA prime but the reason they don’t do as well as SoR or BG (overall) is because of the current meta Tier 1 has. They are used to smaller groups of ~25 while we are more used to ~40+ and having to match those numbers. As far as skill, all servers have very skilled players but its hard for some guilds to compete in “Tier 1” that’s not saying they are not good because I’m sure they are, but would they be used to defending a keep from 5 golems and 50 people consistently? Probably not.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well www team need to show some progress. Next two weeks they brainstorm what they nerf next.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

let me get this straight

i didn’t link the two other than they are both effects of the situation. it should not make sense that getting your kitten kicked, lowering your morale and population and evolving your server towards higher ranks should happen at the same time.

when we are getting destroyed by higher tiers and I see we are evolving, it’s a slap in the face. To me it’s Anet saying “we thought we had you set you up to actually do even worse than that”

why do you see it as a slap in the face when were doing better than the system expected?

consider declaring match winners from ratings evolutions instead of total points gathered. the latter is dictated by population. the former almost means something, still needs a few months though.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

let me get this straight

why do you see it as a slap in the face when were doing better than the system expected?

consider declaring match winners from ratings evolutions instead of total points gathered. the latter is dictated by population. the former almost means something, still needs a few months though.

Because if the intention was for us to lose THAT bad then it’s insulting that they would intentionally put us in that position. I don’t see how you don’t get the point??? Match winner based on evolution and overall score “handicaps” if you will would be a pretty kitten big jump in the right direction. Like I’m a golfer who averages -10 vs one who averages par. “Ok I’ll start with 10 strokes, game on”

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

NA

OH LOOK! every server that’s lowest rank is the highest evolution again! Except for the “exception” you quoted earlier where Kaineng was getting beaten by GoM. Now they’re getting beaten by ET and and HoD which is the only exception again this time.

and OH LOOK! we got AR in our match again which means we are doomed. even though we can whoop the unfortunate AR it’s a virtual 1v1 against a server we can’t match.

OH LOOK! Our population this reset is less than last week which was less than the week before’s due to the matching.

kitten this kitten kitten I could do a better job of managing WvW in my sleep. Anet pay me for my services and I will earn it back for you 10-fold. Otherwise I’ll be quitting soon if nothing changes.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Because if the intention was for us to lose THAT bad then it’s insulting that they would intentionally put us in that position. I don’t see how you don’t get the point??? Match winner based on evolution and overall score “handicaps” if you will would be a pretty kitten big jump in the right direction. Like I’m a golfer who averages -10 vs one who averages par. “Ok I’ll start with 10 strokes, game on”

i dont get your point because ive learned to look past winning as the end all be all reason for wvw. i see it as a sandbox to learn to lead or follow, to face off against others, to learn teamwork and triage.

you need to accept that there is no intention with the rating system, there is no consciousness or intelligence. who is “they”?

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

i dont get your point because ive learned to look past winning as the end all be all reason for wvw. i see it as a sandbox to learn to lead or follow, to face off against others, to learn teamwork and triage.

you need to accept that there is no intention with the rating system, there is no consciousness or intelligence. who is “they”?

I am not speaking just personally for myself. The comradery and culture and bettering ourselves and recruiting is what really gives me enjoyment. That is going down the toilet right now. I used to recruit people into WvW and they became very involved and interested. Now they spend 30 minutes and decide they’re never going back. We are losing people like flies back to PvE or top tier servers.

If the only way I can enjoy competitive WvW is to leave my guild and friends then I will quit. Fix it. Now. I’d rather stay.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Problem there is:

1. You leave
  2. FC has -at the very least- one less commander/serious WvWer. This presumes that you leave alone. Usually, one leaves, their entire squad (or a majority thereof) goes as well.
  3. This further tanks FC’s WvW population, and exacerbates the dreaded “numbers issue.”
  4. Others outside of your Guild/clique decide to follow suit.
  5. Repeat #’s 3-4 ad infinitum.
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

If the Nr 16 server gets matched against the Nr 3 one, the matching system obviously is broken.
Maybe they thought it should work like a club sports league, where everyone plays everyone at least once throughout the year. Well, it shouldn’t. The current imbalance is more akin to letting a first tier national league club play against a 5th tier regional league one, or a pro-rated judoka or golfer against a novice judoka/golfer.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Hey, if it’s broken don’t fix it..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

While we appreciate the feedback, and we are going to make changes soon that will at least partially address these types of concerns, it is absolutely 100% not the case that WvW is declining in people playing, play time, etc. We’ve seen steady improvement on all those counts since the start of the year and I’m hopeful that some of the changes coming soon will bring even more people into WvW.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

While we appreciate the feedback, and we are going to make changes soon that will at least partially address these types of concerns, it is absolutely 100% not the case that WvW is declining in people playing, play time, etc. We’ve seen steady improvement on all those counts since the start of the year and I’m hopeful that some of the changes coming soon will bring even more people into WvW.

Then i hope those changes involve fixing the loot issues in WvW. I can get in a champfarm in Orr or Queens Pavilion and walk away with a lot of gold. Meanwhile, drops in WvW get the preverbial nerfhammer.

This does not bode well, with so much gold entering the economy (from selling trash to vendors, thats the main source of gold) inflation is inevitable. Prices on every day goods will go up, yet the income from WvW went down, and wasnt exactly on par to begin with.
How will WvW players soon afford anything?

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Yeah, as someone who almost exclusively plays WvW, I saw the price of the food I use (not a very popular food, by the way) skyrocket from about 3s to almost 20s per serving after the last update. How are we supposed to keep up with the PvE crowd if our drops are so crappy? We can barely sustain our wvw builds and still provide upgrades/siege, let alone think about trying to go for a legendary or some other nice REWARD for time spent playing this game.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

We’ve seen steady improvement on all those counts since the start of the year and I’m hopeful that some of the changes coming soon will bring even more people into WvW.

This reminds me of Iraqi’s information minister.

~ AoN ~

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Then i hope those changes involve fixing the loot issues in WvW. I can get in a champfarm in Orr or Queens Pavilion and walk away with a lot of gold. Meanwhile, drops in WvW get the preverbial nerfhammer.

There was a bug preventing loot from dropping as it should in WvW.

It was fixed in a patch last night (and if not fully-resolved we at least know no nerf was intended and it will be fixed).

NAGA|TC

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yeah, as someone who almost exclusively plays WvW, I saw the price of the food I use (not a very popular food, by the way) skyrocket from about 3s to almost 20s per serving after the last update. How are we supposed to keep up with the PvE crowd if our drops are so crappy? We can barely sustain our wvw builds and still provide upgrades/siege, let alone think about trying to go for a legendary or some other nice REWARD for time spent playing this game.

This guy has it right here. Someone that exclusively plays WvW should be able to get rewards just like those that exclusively play PVE. I’d dare say that there should be WvW legendaries.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I imagine many more people are playing WvW now as they come to the natural conclusion of their time in PvE and are looking for a sort of end-game challenge. But the quality of WvW play is definitely on the decline. This is why I hope future updates bring in changes that affect the way WvWers have to play and organise themselves instead of just another carrot on a stick. I’d be really disappointed to see more people flooding into WvW just to farm a new currency or new source of loot.

Gandara

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Activity is probably increasing for people in the top 6 servers. But what about the rest? We have an increasing number of guilds from lower servers jumping ship to higher servers partially due to this matchup system.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

This guy has it right here. Someone that exclusively plays WvW should be able to get rewards just like those that exclusively play PVE. I’d dare say that there should be WvW legendaries.

We are continuing to make progress on these things. You can get ascended gear with badges now, the rank up chests have decent loot in them, including chances for precursors, all of the keep and tower lords drop the champion loot. The daily achievement is extremely easy to get in WvW, we’ve made a change (going live soon) to make many of the events group events to help with monthlies. Believe me, I am aware of the fact that the rewards in WvW don’t always keep pace with PvE, but we are moving to address that as much as we can. There will be an update on achievements in the not too distant future which will help to address the achievement point imbalance as well.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

the rank up chests have decent loot in them, including chances for precursors

WXP rank chest:
Takes over an hour to earn
Chance at a single rare
Chance at a precurser

Any world boss:
Takes 5-10 minutes
Guaranteed rare
Chance at multiple rares
Chance at a precusrser

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

We are continuing to make progress on these things. You can get ascended gear with badges now, the rank up chests have decent loot in them, including chances for precursors, all of the keep and tower lords drop the champion loot. The daily achievement is extremely easy to get in WvW, we’ve made a change (going live soon) to make many of the events group events to help with monthlies. Believe me, I am aware of the fact that the rewards in WvW don’t always keep pace with PvE, but we are moving to address that as much as we can. There will be an update on achievements in the not too distant future which will help to address the achievement point imbalance as well.

A good start would be to make the WvW rank chests on par with daily boss chests… a guaranteed rare or better. I can farm daily bosses for more gold in one hour than I can make in a week’s worth of WvW. It’s pretty disheartening cracking open WvW rank chests and getting green after green.

Another helpful idea would be to provide WvWers with an alternate way to getting dungeon tokens, since you guys gave tons of free Badges of Honor in achievement chests so that the PvE crowd could avoid WvW altogether. Someone posted a really great idea in another topic that you could possibly make players have a chance at dropping tokens depending on if they’re wearing dungeon skins.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

The best reward they could introduce to wvw would be fixed the bad matchup system.
Giving out champion chests and wxp chests isn’t going to fix lopsided matchups.

All is vain.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I have to disagree. I can do one out of two dozen something world bosses and get a guarenteed rare for each and everyone of them. Aswell as a chest that contains better loot then the chest we get from WvW.
The effort to do a worldboss is also considerably less then grinding upto a chest. And i can get a whole lot more chests in PvE then i can in WvW in a day.

Now im not sure, but dont those world boss chests also have a chance to drop a precursor? Even if it doesnt, a precursor is an incredibly rare drop that 99% of your WvW players will never see drop.
What they will see is a ton of greens, occaisionally a rare and rarely an exotic. Chances of actually getting a solid reward from these chests is minimal at best. Especially now that the achievement system handed out BoH like candy and everyone, even those who never set foot in WvW, suddenly has 2-3k of these.

In the meantime you added gear to WvW, sure you did. But you accompanied it with yet another goldsink. All the while, some ascended gear is still not available.

I’d say we got a long way to go before WvW loot and reward is anywhere close to being on par. We know your working on it but its been a year, enough with the babysteps already!
And thats not even mentioning the fact a lot of diehard WvW players would love some WvW exclusive skins.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

The daily achievement is extremely easy to get in WvW

4 achievements are WvW exclusive, you have to do the Gathering one to have 5/5. Gathering is not WvW.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Tusktikva.9750

Tusktikva.9750

Progress is simply too slow. 1y is behind us and even if we don’t compare to pve or pvp wvw updates are coming out at a terrible pace.
We can’t get ascended just with badges, rank up chests have crap loot if you look at how often you can get them, for past few days we can get chests from lords and thats great (you can still get them few times faster in pve but its a good change and tbh its a game change not just wvw one).
I can do daily or monthly easier in pve, but it’s not a problem in wvw.
Also it’s not that “rewards in WvW don’t always keep pace with PvE” – rewards in wvw are never near rewards in pve. They are outpaced couple times if you consider time invested. But pve is crap in gw, so I support any rewards in wvw I can get.
Achievements are beeing worked on for months and months. Answer is still basically soon…
Party, squad, commander, maps, ballance, matchups (look at eu #3v#13v#16 hahaha)…

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Believe me, I am aware of the fact that the rewards in WvW don’t always keep pace with PvE

Well this might be true if you play WvW in a zerg but if you are one of those guys who for example scouts or hastes dolyaks you are totally wrong. You do something important for the gamemode and yet get no reward for it and most of the time even lose money.
It is something you will never be able to implement because of problems like exploiting etc.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Look, it's broken!

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

If I could have one change in World vs World right now, it would be Ranks being Account Based instead of character based..

I want Ranks on my Ranger, but I bloody hate zerging on that class, and would sometimes love to play my Thief and Necro… but I don’t want to play an alt class when I want Ranks for my Ranger.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos