Looting after death

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Please can we be able to loot after death in WvW?

So many times due to lag or instant spiked death have not been able to loot before we die only to see 20+ loot bags or loads of wooden chests sitting there that disappear before we can run back to get them.

Can we either have it so they don’t disappear or a much longer timer for loot to stay there or can we have it so we can still loot next to us after death?

Ty.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Dirge.1250

Dirge.1250

Agree, there has been many times when one defends against a ZERG or be apart of the ZERG and do not have time to loot. Too busy button mashing in the mess of skill lag that is WvW.

At that time when one dies and sees all those goodies on the ground and miss out on it due to

A: The opposing team has take over your precious tower/keep
B: Your ZERG has wiped and the opposing team has repaired the gates

we get zilch from it

unfortunately I do not see this being a priority in Anet list of fixes thus again we have to suck it up and lose out yet again.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

‘To the victor the spoils’

dead = loser

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: JoeyB.3509

JoeyB.3509

dead = loser

I actually agree. It’s happened to me plenty of times but it’s part of what makes the game challenging. If you wipe, you don’t get loot. Sorry.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

I would really like to see a system where the items you normally ‘loot’ in WvW just went right into your inventory. There is no reason we should have to loot mutiple bags each time we kill someone, while pushing the enemy group back its silly, and pretty much guarantees that unless you win you lose the loot.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Well, if you go down that road, you may as well not have loot at all but get paid a ‘salary’ for fighting, say 1 penny a minute.

Or even better, remove the repair costs that everyone objects to instead and while you’re at it, make structure upgrades free too.
Pretty soon, you’ve taken everything out of the game that gives you a reason to play it.

I like having to think about picking up the loot, especially if there’s half the enemy zerg standing on it and I have to think of a way to get in and out clutching it in my hot little hands.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

We’ve all lost a good amount of loot to dying, and I’m sure there aren’t many WvW players out there who wouldn’t like to have had the chance to claim the rewards they rightfully earned. AoE loot is nice, but it’s essentially a band-aid solution for a problem that should have never existed in the first place. I honestly can’t see the problem in having loot generate not on the ground but, say, in the hero panel somewhere (or wherever else you like), which would then enable players to claim their loot at their own convenience – similarly to how you currently claim a zenith weapon skin. The inventory doesn’t work though, since space there is finite.

As for the visual sense of accomplishment, you would still see icons of the loot you receive pop up on your screen just like you do now when you pick up a bag, so I don’t think much will be lost other than the necessity to ceaselessly spam the interact key during combat.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Simple: if you are killed and click a respawn point anywhere in the zone, the game first do an automatic AoE loot before actually respawning you. Note that regular rules apply, as if you pushed the key – loot outside the range is lost as usual.

ANet can code this in a second and it can only improve the experience for players. Is it going to happen? Nope.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

In DAOC…ah nm, I’m starting to be boring to myself

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

Wouldn’t auto looting be the best solution? Considering, no one wants to leave loot. There may be times you need to sort your inventory before looting to make room, but if it were made to be an option it could be turned on or off depending on one’s needs.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

just hit aoe loot once while in combat? tbh i think you should only be able to loot if you win a fight, so theres actually a reason to win a fight.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

When you realize you might lose the battle, hit an invulnerability skill and MASH THAT LOOT BUTTON! That’s what I do.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Looting while fighting… it isn’t just something you do, it isn’t just a skill.. it’s an artform.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It is one of the few things discouraging mindless zerging, where you jump in shouting YOLO, quickly tag everything, and then happily die.
So no, don’t agree I’m afraid.

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

It is one of the few things discouraging mindless zerging, where you jump in shouting YOLO, quickly tag everything, and then happily die.
So no, don’t agree I’m afraid.

I agree, because side that is zerging usually lose, so its nice punishment for them been zerglings

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

dead = loser

Would be more fun if you killed someone while being “outnumbered”, you get to rob the dead person’s inventory. Whatever they had in inventory that they are carrying falls out for you to loot. Maybe that’ll punish and destroy them megablobs?

-S o S-

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

dead = loser

Would be more fun if you killed someone while being “outnumbered”, you get to rob the dead person’s inventory. Whatever they had in inventory that they are carrying falls out for you to loot. Maybe that’ll punish and destroy them megablobs?

nah that would encourage megablobs even more to steamroll you just to get your weapons,food, siege and t6 mats

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I would simply like ANet to have the loot last longer (maybe 5-10 minutes more) to give the player more time to recover it after dying, which I’ve done. I consider that an interesting challenge. But I really wasn’t amused to walk back into a certain death situation last night to recover a wooden box containing a rare that I left behind after dying only to find out it contained a worthless support token for the Living Story content. Unless I can get at least 10 silver selling it or an ecto salvaging it, please don’t drop it in a rare wooden chest. Thanks.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Looting after death

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

You could always just setup a macro that hits AOE loot periodicly and never miss a loot bag agian (or only 1 or 2 if you die at just the wrong time). Personaly I just tweeked my razor naga to also hit the AOE loot key in addition to whatever weapon ability I was trying to fire for everything but my autoattack. I doubt I’ve missed more than 1 or 2 bags since they put in AOE looting.

while auto loot would be preferable this arangement is close enough for me.