Maybe add some rares to the WvW XP chests?

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So I go and kill the Maw or Tequiti in the world events which take 60-120 seconds and get two rares, one from the daily chest and one from the boss chest.

I go and cap 5 keeps and take 10 supply camps (with a zerg) for an hour or two, and get a fine/masterwork and a siege weapon (worth less than a silver) from the rank chest.

I am not sure what else to say….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

There is a chance to get rares from the wxp chests. They are rare.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

I think i have ranked 4 toons to rank 60 and have got maybe 5 rares.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It should have a 100% rare plus a random green/rare/exo… even then it wouldn’t be on par with killing the easy PvE boss rewards (100% rare plus multiple chances plus it takes all of 5 mins), but it would be closer.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I think i have ranked 4 toons to rank 60 and have got maybe 5 rares.

I got an ascended ring in a rank 3 chest.

rng is rng.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Or how about at least guaranteeing these wxp consumables which were supposed to help address the issue of playing with alts (which I’d be sure didn’t even exist except for the single time Ive seen one drop)

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Yeah, people don’t farm towers enough!!!
Add more rares!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

They need to seriously overhaul the entire loot system in wvw. At the moment it’s a joke how pitiful the drop rate of anything other than blue, green and spikes are.

I finally got an exotic drop in wvw today, but can’t remember the last time this happened or even when was the last time a got a rare. Compare that to a leisurely stroll around the pve world that picked up at least 12 rares, many greens, materials and lots of silvers for auto attacking various events and bosses who basically don’t fight back.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I’ve gotten a pre-cursor before, but sadly at the time, it was a lower demand one, I think the wand. I did get 50 gold for it though. This was late last year, like December I think.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I have gotten 3 ascended rings from my WxP chests, a few exotics and a bunch of rares but yes the drops are extremely rare, even a guaranteed extra chest with a rare each day like the PvE events would be nice.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

I have gotten 3 ascended rings from my WxP chests,

If I were you I would go out and buy some lottery tickets now,,,why you sitting here for?

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

They are not high enough currently, agreed and we will be making changes to the rank-up chests to make them significantly more rewarding.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

How about we keep PvE in PvE and WvW in WvW. There are some insanely major problems with the wvw system and I for one would love to see a road map as to what kind of attention is going to be given towards WvW in the upcoming months. Instead we got some guy demanding that his WvW experience give him free PvE loot and DevonCarver feeling he should answer him.

WvW is for fighting players, not for PvE…how about we answer the problems of: mass-zerging, lack of balance towards small mans, condi-application/condi-meta, class balance.

A road map if you would sir! We’re in the woods with no direction and no answers! =*(

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

A road map if you would sir! We’re in the woods with no direction and no answers! =*(

With leagues coming up and orbs about to be introduced, yeah, we really could use a good long discussion about the state and the future of WvW.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

With leagues coming up and orbs about to be introduced, yeah, we really could use a good long discussion about the state and the future of WvW.

Well for the near future they are taking a break from working on wvw. They said that during the league season there will be NO significant changes to wvw so the field stays even….. pretty good excuse if you ask me. Gives them a good amount of time to really make some good changes with out people asking for things right away because they already covered their kitten with the league.
Also as many of the devs including Colin and Devon have said they will not be giving us specific information about their plans for future things because than if for some reason it doesn’t happen or they want to do something different they wouldn’t get grief for it. Ignorance is bliss i guess.
Edit: Here is the quote by Devon: To further incentivize spending your points we will not be introducing any new ability lines during the season, nor shall we be making any other changes to WvW, with the exception of bug fixes, until the season concludes. This is to ensure that the playing field is as level as it can be at the start and the finish of the season.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

(edited by Uther Deathhand.1570)

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

They are not high enough currently, agreed and we will be making changes to the rank-up chests to make them significantly more rewarding.

You said that there won’t be any changes to WvW after the season starts, so will these changes be before then or will be have to wait 7 months for this?

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I don’t really care about ‘wvw abilities’. They are just fine, not on the same level as RR abilities, but they are fine. I’m talking about game mechanics supporting zergs in nearly every aspect, class mechanics like stealth that has zero risk and complete reward, and various other things. Zergs already have the advantage of damage output and numbers, lets hope they don’t get anymore advantages =P

GW2 has a huge wvw community, ranging from casuals to competitive. We have a GvG system set up by members of the community. They have an amazing situation of people that want to play their game and can make it from good to great. I’m hoping they raise the bar instead of lowering it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

No updates for 7 weeks.

Then we get an update. Wanna know what it’ll be?

Merc wxp trait increased!

“That should make them happy!”

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I have gotten 3 ascended rings from my WxP chests,

If I were you I would go out and buy some lottery tickets now,,,why you sitting here for?

Seriously! The Powerball is up to 300 some million.

Never gotten an exotic. Not even sure if I’ve gotten a rare. I don’t care really. I just wish they’d stop making the stronger team stronger.

One thing – don’t make the rewards for capping a lord drop more loot. Make the players themselves drop better loot. Or guaranteed rare or better from successfully defending a keep for an hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Will something be done for past ranked chests? Like the bonus chests….although the bonus chests were poorly thought out as the higher ranks take so long to get through.

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

So I go and kill the Maw or Tequiti in the world events which take 60-120 seconds and get two rares, one from the daily chest and one from the boss chest.

I go and cap 5 keeps and take 10 supply camps (with a zerg) for an hour or two, and get a fine/masterwork and a siege weapon (worth less than a silver) from the rank chest.

you expected to get the same rewards in WvW than in PvE? this is where you went wrong

lemme introduce you this nce PvE game, maybe you havent heard about it. its called GW2.

WvW is not the main focus. it isnt the secondary focus either. hell, at this point I even doubt they focus on it at all

ANet works on PvE. then on more PvE. then on MOAR PvE
and when they get tired of that, they relax by…working on more PvE

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Well for the near future they are taking a break from working on wvw.

They aren’t taking a break from working on WvW, they’re taking a break from releasing new WvW features.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

How about putting in a kill counter? Guaranteed rare or exotic or ascended item for every 10 people I kill. This would be great for roamers and siege monkeys alike.

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

How about putting in a kill counter? Guaranteed rare or exotic or ascended item for every 10 people I kill. This would be great for roamers and siege monkeys alike.

That would be beyond insane. I know I have gotten over 50 kills in a single fight before that lasted 3 minutes, 5 rares or exotics in 3 minutes thats a bit of an overkill. Do I think rewards could be increased? Sure, but I also remember when we got nothing when it came to rewards and I count my blessings.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

Please tell me it will apply retroactively.

in WvW

Posted by: Yamirashi.6430

Yamirashi.6430

Please tell me it will apply retroactively.

I hope you don’t seriously think they would do that? Did they go back and give people 2 rares for every time they’d killed a world boss before they put in that system?

in WvW

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

That would be beyond insane. I know I have gotten over 50 kills in a single fight before that lasted 3 minutes, 5 rares or exotics in 3 minutes thats a bit of an overkill. Do I think rewards could be increased? Sure, but I also remember when we got nothing when it came to rewards and I count my blessings.

Would that really be so insane? Fights like that in WvW aren’t very common or predictable. On the other hand, the Frozen Maw event in Wayfarer Foothills spawn every couple hours, takes less than 3 minutes to complete, guarantees a rare item once per day plus a champion bag and a large chest, all of which can contain rare or exotic items and high-end crafting materials, and is extremely easy if more than half a dozen people show up. It’s also one of more than a dozen similar events that are tracked by a number of websites so you can efficiently hop around and farm them every day.

It might be out of line for WvW to offer a nice reward on every 10th kill, but it certainly could be a lot more rewarding than it currently is and still be less lucrative than website-assisted world boss farming.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in WvW

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

Yes, the rewards/loot system is lacking in WvW.

There are players who plays only WvW, and they put hours to it.

They should be better rewarded/compensated for the amount of time spent in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

When ? Two years from now ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I’ve gotten now 100 rank chests and gotten 1 rare.

There is a reason WvW people get upset about the loot. Anet is introducing more and more items, such as ascended weapons, which require MORE gold to get to get them in a reasonably timed way. People on forums say that in WvW you don’t “need” gold, but you also don’t “need” gold in PvE once you have your armor sets. Some of us who do WvW want shinies, but feel that we CANNOT get them by doing WvW. I myself have stopped playing exclusively WvW because I couldn’t get anything new. NO new skins, new dyes or new anything for the players comes out for doing WvW. There is a MASSIVE imbalance between the rewards for PvE and WvW for the same time, with drastically different levels of play. If I run around spamming ‘1’ in PvE, I can get a lot of drops and fill my bags really fast. In WvW, if I run small groups, take camps, take towers, etc…well…I get some silver for doing the event? Maybe some loot?

The problem is much deeper than the WXP chests. Devs have stated for a while that they know of the problem, but we have yet to see any appreciable change towards fixing it, or any mention of things that are even in the works. The only way to really get appreciable rewards in WvW is to get into a massive zerg ball, run around and spam ‘1’. So….is anet trying to tell us that the way to get loot is to not do anything except run around spamming ‘1’…or ‘F’?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Hiei.8697

Hiei.8697

I’ve gotten now 100 rank chests and gotten 1 rare.

There is a reason WvW people get upset about the loot. Anet is introducing more and more items, such as ascended weapons, which require MORE gold to get to get them in a reasonably timed way. People on forums say that in WvW you don’t “need” gold, but you also don’t “need” gold in PvE once you have your armor sets. Some of us who do WvW want shinies, but feel that we CANNOT get them by doing WvW. I myself have stopped playing exclusively WvW because I couldn’t get anything new. NO new skins, new dyes or new anything for the players comes out for doing WvW. There is a MASSIVE imbalance between the rewards for PvE and WvW for the same time, with drastically different levels of play. If I run around spamming ‘1’ in PvE, I can get a lot of drops and fill my bags really fast. In WvW, if I run small groups, take camps, take towers, etc…well…I get some silver for doing the event? Maybe some loot?

The problem is much deeper than the WXP chests. Devs have stated for a while that they know of the problem, but we have yet to see any appreciable change towards fixing it, or any mention of things that are even in the works. The only way to really get appreciable rewards in WvW is to get into a massive zerg ball, run around and spam ‘1’. So….is anet trying to tell us that the way to get loot is to not do anything except run around spamming ‘1’…or ‘F’?

Totally agree

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Well for the near future they are taking a break from working on wvw.

They aren’t taking a break from working on WvW, they’re taking a break from releasing new WvW features.

The impression I get — from how Anet treats WvW and how Anet thinks of WvW as merely a way to encourage people to try out sPvP — is that they are indeed taking a break from working on WvW. This “make no changes in order to not disturb the competitiveness of the leagues” is simply a cover story.

On topic, the WXP chest rewards are indeed very very poor. Making the drop a guaranteed rare wouldn’t even come close to making WvW as profitable as PvE so I don’t see a problem with doing that.

in WvW

Posted by: Tietus.8013

Tietus.8013

Personally, I’d prefer to see loot drops from killing players bumped. I don’t think there is a need to encourage even more keep farming.

[VR] Tietus
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

That’s good, because I should feel happy when I rank up, and right now it’s just a “meh, look at this pop up on my screen that I need to get rid of.” And since it takes a bit to level up (relatively since school has turned me into a casual, but hey that’s what WvW is meant for, right) I feel like the rewards should be substantial. Throw some dragon it’s ore in there, or exotics, or a gold or two.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

They really should be guaranteed. I get so many rares farming events each day. Think I’ve had one from 50 ranks in wvw. All my wvw time since the chests were introduced is only worth one week of events if they were a guaranteed drop. that is not going to hurt the ecto market…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

im only lev27 (solo roaming) in all these levels i got two rare. Very NICE!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

Looking forward to my precursor in the WvW rank chest. Just kidding. Thanks for your response.

in WvW

Zylonite.5913

you expected to get the same rewards in WvW than in PvE? this is where you went wrong

lemme introduce you this nce PvE game, maybe you havent heard about it. its called GW2.

Yes I have heard the name and it stands for Guilds Wars, which means guilds to war to protect their homeland (Server) in WvW.

This is the end game content for many of us WvW’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

WvW is not the main focus. it isnt the secondary focus either. hell, at this point I even doubt they focus on it at all

Not sure what else to expect from Chaos Primach scum (woo wh40k) but I don’t like this argument. You could level in WvW, there are events, there has always been a bit of support for WvW since the beginning (left for 8 months so seems it might have waned) but all in all WvW has been a part of the game. Asking for the rewards to be upped isn’t asking for it to be on par with PvE. Dying to zergs and losing ton of money for repairs is crap no matter how you spin it.

Having just a little more reward isn’t unreasonable. Actually, a red post clearly says that the team agrees. So what you’re saying doesn’t even really make sense since the developers themselves think WvW’s reward is too low. I thought Guild Wars was all about PvP. Apparently that is where I went wrong.

The Emperor Protects.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I see no reason not to get a yellow item every rank up with a chance at an exotic or precurser. I am not sure why this sort of thing was not done before.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

I received my ascended weapon from rank 207 chest but that is about the only thing I have ever gotten out of any of the wvw xp chests that is worth anything. I hope they change to at least start giving superior seige above a certain level and up the chance of an exotic.

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I received my ascended weapon from rank 207 chest but that is about the only thing I have ever gotten out of any of the wvw xp chests that is worth anything. I hope they change to at least start giving superior seige above a certain level and up the chance of an exotic.

I think every chest beyond level 5 has the exact same table for loot.

I wonder whether it’d be feasible to have MF or something affect the results.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Well for the near future they are taking a break from working on wvw. They said that during the league season there will be NO significant changes to wvw so the field stays even….. pretty good excuse if you ask me. Gives them a good amount of time to really make some good changes with out people asking for things right away because they already covered their kitten with the league.
Also as many of the devs including Colin and Devon have said they will not be giving us specific information about their plans for future things because than if for some reason it doesn’t happen or they want to do something different they wouldn’t get grief for it. Ignorance is bliss i guess.
Edit: Here is the quote by Devon: To further incentivize spending your points we will not be introducing any new ability lines during the season, nor shall we be making any other changes to WvW, with the exception of bug fixes, until the season concludes. This is to ensure that the playing field is as level as it can be at the start and the finish of the season.

To be fair, it makes perfect sense.
You don’t want the rules to change during the match, it would be stupid and unfair.
And, at the same time, ANet will be able to focus on big changes (that everyone is asking) for 7 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Not changing the rules during the 7 weeks is reasonable.

But making WvW completely Alt-unfriendly and then introducing a major rebalancing of all classes 11 days after season start seems contradictory. So other major changes certainly have an impact on WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Hanslanda.3502

Hanslanda.3502

Not sure what else to expect from Chaos Primach scum (woo wh40k) but I don’t like this argument. You could level in WvW, there are events, there has always been a bit of support for WvW since the beginning (left for 8 months so seems it might have waned) but all in all WvW has been a part of the game. Asking for the rewards to be upped isn’t asking for it to be on par with PvE. Dying to zergs and losing ton of money for repairs is crap no matter how you spin it.

Having just a little more reward isn’t unreasonable. Actually, a red post clearly says that the team agrees. So what you’re saying doesn’t even really make sense since the developers themselves think WvW’s reward is too low. I thought Guild Wars was all about PvP. Apparently that is where I went wrong.

The Emperor Protects.

Night Lords do not worship chaos! They just turned from the corpse Emperor.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

I received an ascended ring from a rank 51 chest this week.

Lucky me?

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I received an ascended ring from a rank 51 chest this week.

Lucky me?

Lucky you indeed. Not even a rare for me for my 3 chars I play wvwv with. Just a few badges and a silly green.

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

something > nothing

cheers devon.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Yes please, increase drop chance so that more PvE players queue up for WvW.

………..
………………….

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Rank 190 something and still havn’t got a single ascended ring! Also done over 100 fractals at lvl 12+ and no ascended ring there either!!
Random drop rates clearly dosn’t love me!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash