NPC Guards need some love!

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Almost everything in WvW is an event. In the PvE, world events are subject to scaling. Right now, guard NPCs are a joke and need a revamped overhaul.

In an ideal world, guards would scale during the events when hit by a zerg. They would increase in difficulty and number based on the size of the zerg.

But, herein lies the problem: the current scaling system goes by total number of players in the area. I’m almost 100% sure that it doesn’t/wouldn’t consider friendly allies in the scaling equation.

I can solo a tower with an alpha or omega . I’ve taken a keep with 3.

Currently, undefended fortifications are not difficult to capture. Sparsely defended fully upgraded fortifications are still easily captured. Fully player defended fortification are appropriately difficult to capture.

Typically, once anywhere from a group of 5-orange swords begin assaulting any objective in wvw , guards become a non-factor.

So here is my question to Anet: will we see a change in WvW to guards? There difficulty and/or increased numbers. Because they area non factor.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

No.
The guards are PvE – they are only there to make the place look busy when no-one’s about.
I say get rid of them, all of them – if a server can’t be bothered to defend it’s camps, choke points and towers properly they deserve to lose.

in WvW

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

No.
The guards are PvE – they are only there to make the place look busy when no-one’s about.
I say get rid of them, all of them – if a server can’t be bothered to defend it’s camps, choke points and towers properly they deserve to lose.

Some servers don’t have high enough population at certain times of the day to even cover one camp, let alone guard everything on the map.

I don’t agree with buffing them, though; this is a PvP mode and the NPC guards should still play a minimal role.

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

No just no, they should patch them out entirely.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

guards are there to clean up the enemys siege when they stall out for an hour smashing their faces against your 15 man turtle

no other purpose, you shouldnt expect ai to actually be able to do anything significant in pvp anyways.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

No.

Some servers don’t have high enough population at certain times of the day to even cover one camp, let alone guard everything on the map.

I don’t agree with buffing them, though; this is a PvP mode and the NPC guards should still play a minimal role.

If your server can’t cover one camp, it’s a pathetic server. I don’t mind giving NPCs utility skills + 5 weapon skills, but don’t scale the HP to insane levels in wvw. That is one reason why I don’t play PVE.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

If your server can’t cover one camp, it’s a pathetic server.

Thanks, that means a ton coming from someone in T1. It’s not a moral failing, so get off your freaking high horse.

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

If they got rid of every NPC outside spawn, I for one wouldn’t miss it.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/