Need tight knit WvW server

in WvW

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

Looking to transfer to a sedrver that has a very tight knit WvW community.. for example, has small gank groups that run together.. people that defend the things they take etc. It seems atm that whenever I’m on, my server is karma training with an uplevel as the commander. It gets frustrating for me, because I will literally drop and build 4-5 superior ac’s so that we have a fighting chance, but they will just let It flip without so much as even a call..

So far looking at Crystal Desert, Fort Aspenwood. am open to suggestion’s, as I’ve just recently came back to gw2 about a month ago.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I don’t know about other servers (since I have never been in another one) but on YB we defend the keeps with TONS of siege we take unless its an easy matchup (like the current one for us).

If you don’t mind me asking what is your current server?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Caffeine.6724

I am currently on IoJ.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Well, I’m sure I’ll get flamed for even suggesting this, but Blackgate really does have the most tight-knit WvW community I’ve come across anywhere. It’s one of the best communities I’ve seen in any GAME, in fact. We have a 500-slot community TeamSpeak, our server forums are nearly as active as this official Anet forum is, our guilds all coordinate with one another extremely well, we have dedicated scouts who rarely, if ever, allow siege to expire, and we defend the heck out of practically every objective we take. In short, BG is prolly the last of the real “Tryhard” servers left in the game. We have a lot of casual weeks during off-season/non-tournament times, but we schedule at least one real “push” week a month for our PPT players, and when Seasons roll around… well, let’s just say we NEVER play for 2nd! We set out schedules and assigned maps for all the larger guilds to avoid or minimize ques, schedule Commander times so everybody knows when we’ll have pins up on various maps and when there will be gaps; all the stuff servers used to do back in the early part of the game, when PPT was “super serious”. A lot of the roflstomping you see in T1 is due to the fact that “trying” for the other T1 servers basically means showing up at the usual times, and maybe having 1 or 2 guilds extend their raid times by an hour. We also have some of the best Havoc Teams in the game already (they’ve been here since 2012); for reference just check out [Opp] or [RIOT] streams or videos, just for starters.

That said, if you’re looking for tough competition during Seasons, you may not find it here with the current system in place. As it stands now, the only way BG can really lose a match is if we decide on our own to just take the week off (which never happens during Seasons), or if JQ and TC are able to form up “EotM-Style” as a single server to fight against us, the way they did in Season 2; which was EXTREMELY fun for all of us on BG, btw!

You’ll also run into the fact that our server has Full status most of the time, & you’d probably have to log in at 3am EST or something to get in.

I can say that I know a lot of people who moved to Ft Aspenwood from SoS when that server disbanded after lording over T1 for 2 months, and they said that they really enjoyed the atmosphere there, that it was a lot more laid-back while still being somewhat competitive. T2 is kind of weird right now, but I still feel like Ft Aspenwood will probably bounce back to remain in T2, as it just seems like they’ve always been there somehow. I actually can’t think of anything bad that I’ve ever really heard about FA as a server, so that would be my recommendation, out of the servers you said you’re interested in.
(^_^)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Blackgate is pure zombie-mode like all T1 servers – If you want to turn your brain off and follow the dorito go there

For REAL communites you should venture to T3 and lower

Crystal Desert + FA are both good choices

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Bg Jq tc sos and even db? Are full so those are not choices….. To the OP, you may want to state when you play. A server may defend during one time slot and not during another due to their population…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Caffeine.6724

Thanks for the replies all, I generally play during early morning NA 10am pacific till around 4pm pacific. and often times log on after work around 11pm pacific. Almost NEVER am on during NA prime, if that helps any.

From the suggestions so far, Fort Aspenwood, Yak’s Bend and Crystal Desert seem to be the top dogs. and yes, I’d prefer not to be in t1, as I want to add value to my team, not just simply be a +1 to the blob

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Mike Hawk.4835

Mike Hawk.4835

Janthir is more tight knit than you are leading people to believe. I think it may have something to do with the time frame you are on. There are several very active guilds that run in the evening 7PM PST and beyond – they also frequently team up and strategize depending on the situ.

Personally, I am just a soldier in [CORE], so I cannot speak on their behalf … but what I can say is that we regularly run with 12-20 people on a given night. There are several other guilds pushing those numbers on a nightly basis as well.

I’d recommend going here and seeing what you may be able to coordinate before jumping ship …

http://isleofjanthir.net/

Maguuma – [VEIN] – [CTB]

in WvW

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

I recommend Gates of Madness… at least from my experience last week ^^.

I play on Sanctum of Rall and we were winning on Thursday night by 7,000 points. GoM decided to own everything on Friday in every map and had the numbers to do it and wound up beating us by 40,000 points or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike Hawk.4835

Mike Hawk.4835

That’s not necessarily what he asked for. He asked for a community, not a transfer for the winning side. There’s a difference, these two things don’t necessarily always go together.

Maguuma – [VEIN] – [CTB]

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I’ve only ever been on FA so I can’t speak for other servers, however if you are looking for a great community look no further than us. We are almost always the underdog and we lose the PPT game most times, but we are a fights server and we have a very stable core but we don’t concern ourselves with PPT, only out of necessity to stay in T2. I for one like the stability and the people the most about FA so I never had a reason to leave.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ioj is acutally very tight knit we have fair few good wvw guilds Wolf, Aux, gggg, TRBO, CORE+more and vet players that have been here for ages. May I suggest checking out some of those guilds? Also if you are good enough you are welcome to join gggg(zerg busting havock squad). In our current match we are dealing with Dragon Brand who has way more players than us 24/7. Considering what we have ioj is doing very well.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

I don’t know about other servers (since I have never been in another one) but on YB we defend the keeps with TONS of siege we take unless its an easy matchup (like the current one for us).

If you don’t mind me asking what is your current server?

I can confirm YB’s obsession with siege. However, I would say you still use a lot of it even in the easier matchups (like the current one for you).

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Thanks for the recommendations for Fort Aspenwood!

@Caffeine, if you’re dropping those superior acs so you can farm enemy bags in a target-rich environment, FA is probably for you. We have a relatively good EU presence and I personally play late nights myself. We have two PST guilds that work well together responding to call outs and coordinating.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Come to FA. Its where the party is at.

Come visit us: www.fort-aspenwood.com

Very likely still the most active server forum in the game.

If you transfer soon, you can kill all the bads on TC.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

I transferred to Fort Aspenwood about two months ago from Sorrow’s Furnace. While SF had a pretty cool community, the community in FA is far superior. The major guilds seem to be in constant communication with each other. Most everyone is nice and there is a comradery I haven’t seen anywhere else.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: RunningPenguins.5071

RunningPenguins.5071

I’m only a lowly member in FA but I guess my experience matches the ones above. I was really surprised by the community, whether in TS3 or on the website posted above. Its more of a fun-loving community that really doesn’t force you to conform to set regulations. At the same time, I have a lot of respect for the other servers we’ve been matched against.

[BOMB]
Vanille Aihara

in WvW

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

Been on FA for a bit now and I must say out of my whole GW2 exp, that is like 8 server changes later lol, I have found a server I can truly call home.

The folks on FA are some of the best players! and great people to work with.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I fought against FA for a long time (BP, HoD, Mag) and have a lot of respect for their community. They are tough fighters and have stood strong even against near impossible numbers during Season 2 and an extremely strong T2. Solid server choice IMO.

I have fought against CD as well. CD has some very strong skill groups but I found them to be nothing special looking from the outside in aside from those groups. They tend to fluctuate in population as well. I don’t know what their culture is like so I won’t comment on the community aspect of the server.

I transferred to YB from Mag almost on a dare. YB is the friendliest and the most positive server I have been on bar none. People here are almost always nice and easy going. They defend better than any server I have been on/fought against and they make a real effort to actively refresh siege. That said their open field fighting is pretty poor, many commanders are weak at taking structures and they don’t seem to have a lot of small guilds doing their own thing. The flip side to this is that their commanders coordinate very well and there is almost always someone commanding often with multiple tags tasked to do various tasks (defend, havoc, zerg). Relaxing in a good way, but not as fight driven as T2. (This tier trebs from SM to take objectives unlike T2). If YB ever purges the uplevels, hardens their weaker builds, learns to stay on tag and rallies around the handful of solid commanders here it would be a force but I think to get their they would leave behind what makes it a nice place to be.

FA and YB seem to have the more stable populations as both have been T4 or higher for a VERY long time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)