Nerf in WvW loot after the patch intented?

in WvW

Posted by: Indigus.9528

Indigus.9528

Yes the change is obvious especially in guardian tagging with staff.
You get almost 50% less lootbags. I really hope it is a bug

[FURY]honker
GH

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Perhaps they nerfed the loot for big zergs? Would be kinda funny if they did considering the idea has been toyed with as a measure for zergs to break up.

It also could be a measure to pull people away from WvW into Queen’s Jubilee as the amount of loot you get through that.. is well, pretty much a gold mine. WvW used to be very profitable for gold/loot but now this new content dwarfs it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Seems like the biggest add to WvW this update is a bunch of bugs.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

oh no not my lootbags!in wvw u have to deal with crappy loot already if they stelthnerf that, where is the fun?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’ve noticed this as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Thedarkdot.2793

Thedarkdot.2793

Wait, WvW has loot?

Thetinydot [OATH], mesmer
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

They need to fix this if its a bug or undo it if was a stealth nerf(stop with those there kitteny and were not stupid and find out about them quick)

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

No No No they didn’t nerf it to stop zergs they nerfed it to simply kill WvW all together. They even added a pve version in the pavilion. If you want skill lag and culling with massive fights (numbers not skill in any way) and great loot (like 10g in 2hrs) come spam the legendaries and farm destroyers…..Yay

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’ve noticed the decrease is bags as well. Usually after defending and pushing a force out, there would be a pool of bags around an AC but no more. Slamming into zergs used to yield a happy trail of bags, not anymore. Booo Anet.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

dunnberry.2964

This seems to be true to as Devon or no other devs have responded to any of the threads made about this…they really like kicking us while we’re down and pouring salt in gushing wounds hu? Maybe they figure well rally off a mob

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

We have champ bags now they are much better. I have not really noticed a loot diff otherwise, but It would make sense with the addition. Also a good step to put a damper on kill trading.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You know something is screwy when you get 25 stacks out of a fight and 2 loot bags on a consistent basis.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

No No No they didn’t nerf it to stop zergs they nerfed it to simply kill WvW all together. They even added a pve version in the pavilion. If you want skill lag and culling with massive fights (numbers not skill in any way) and great loot (like 10g in 2hrs) come spam the legendaries and farm destroyers…..Yay

lol

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

We have champ bags now they are much better. I have not really noticed a loot diff otherwise, but It would make sense with the addition. Also a good step to put a damper on kill trading.

You may be the only person I’ve run into that believes GvG to be some sort of loot/kill boosting rather than a competitive event.

Feel free to debate the value of GvG on its merits but there’s no need to paint the activity as a subversion of fair play.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Maybe I wasn’t imagining things after all. I’ve also noticed a distinct reduction in the amount of bags on the ground after a fight the past couple of nights.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

The only good thing in WvW were the lootbags, and they even destroyed that! Today a big group 20-30 people from the enemy was defeated, and i got not a single lootbag!

It is already pretty hard to make gold in WvW, and the rate of lootbags was pretty good. But now, yes the champion bags are nice i guess…

But what about PVE? There is a ‘FARM’ zone now to make gold, while the game never wanted the player to farm lol. And there you get normal lootbags + champion bags.

So why not in WvW?

Are you preparing to shut down WvW or something?

Do you guys hate your own game mode?

Did you guys fire the Original WvW team?

Since new patches, the whole WvW has graphic glitches.. The new effect LOD isnt working for WvW because it culls important enemy skills.

Seriously, i do not have a clue why your destroying your own game.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

Lol this there way to deal with gvg getting too much loot……… very sad

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

There was a dev post when they updated the droprate (increased it), that ‘they tested it, by economics expert, and that it DEFINITELLY was not to much’. Look at it now. Forgot the dev name, Habid or so?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Lol this there way to deal with gvg getting too much loot……… very sad

But if lootdrops are so low that zerg on zerg hardly gets anything. Then what about people who arent zerging and getting much less kills?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have noticed that loot is heavily reduced in zerg situations. E.g. I spam AoE at enemy zerg, get 10-25 stacks of bloodlust and lots of WXP, but get much less loot bags than before.

BUT when I solo roam, I still get the same amount of loot when I kill enemy players, NPC or monsters.

It seems they probably increased the limit of how much damage you need to inflict on a target to be eligible for loot. When are you killing stuff alone, of course you always meet these limits, thus loot is the same.

If this really is the case, then I am all for it. You may call me crazy, but I like this kind of change. It urges people to roam in very small groups instead of mindless zerging. On the other hand the solo rewards are too small, compared to any other form of this game. Thus I think the drop rate of more valuable things (instead of chips and broken fangs, porous bones etc) should be increased.

But can somebody confirm or disproof my theory?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

The old loot system was almost exactly what you mention. I mostly small group stuff and I have not noticed any change either apart from the champ loot bags when I jump in with a group for a cap.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Implying that ppl do GvG’s for loot.

@OP: yeah, loot bags feels definitely off. It seems that something have been reverted to few months ago, before the “easy tagging” patch – when Devon said to us “all this bagz aren’t a bug, is intended!”. I think (and hope) that this is a bug (or unintended) and gets reverted asap. I sincerely doubt this might have been done due to champ new rewards, wvw would be unrewarding for most of the time even with those + normal bags drop.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Yesterday wiped zerg with 0 stacks of Bloodlust in beginning. 25 stacks after fight (on hammer). 5 lootbags.
Just lol.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

I hope they increase(d?) the damage to 33% of total HP for loot, and 50% for WXP.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Thedarkdot.2793

Thedarkdot.2793

It’s prolly just a quick fix to reduce queens jubilee farming.

Thetinydot [OATH], mesmer
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

They are just destroying WvW for those who love to play it.

in WvW

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Considering I’m a mesmer and I have hell tagging anything in ZvZ this is lame.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I seriously haven’t had the heart to switch on today.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Can we please get an official statement for this? Like “We are investigating” or “It is intended”. Is it so hard??

I don’t think ANet ever officially acknowledged the great loot nerf of November 12. I would be very surprised if they acknowledged this.

Most likely they will ignore this and all similar threads. Maybe the loot will come back, probably it won’t. At some point none of this will be worth it and we will all move on to other games.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Can we please get an official statement for this? Like “We are investigating” or “It is intended”. Is it so hard??

Do you realize how long it took them to acknowledge the ecto salvage “bug” (ie stealth nerf)? That was PvE! PvE for gods sake!

I have also noticed a drastic reduction of lootbags, but have zero hope of Anet acknowledging or even investigating it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Great so it promotes tower/keep flipping instead.

Hey guys let’s not defend that, we’ll just get it back for the lewtz!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Do you realize how long it took them to acknowledge the ecto salvage “bug” (ie stealth nerf)? That was PvE! PvE for gods sake!

I have also noticed a drastic reduction of lootbags, but have zero hope of Anet acknowledging or even investigating it.

PS.
I’ve noticed zero reduction in loot from PvE tags.

This was probably a WvW stealth nerf. Why? I don’t know. It doesn’t address any of the issues with the game type and instead only further limits the already abysmal amount of loot WvW provides as well as probably creating some player hostility about others affecting your loot.

I really think the WvW community deserves a very nice and long AMA from the staff with 100% transparency. No more, “We aren’t ready to tell you.” crap.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I can just imagine it:
“Hey guys, our standpoint is that WvW is all about taking objectives, so we buffed the loot you get from mobs and champs and reduced the loot from players. Have a nice day. Sincerely yours…..”

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

It’s harder to tag in general. Tagging champs in PvE is a pain in a huge zerg. You have to output way more than you used to.

For example it’s happened several time, upwards of 10, that I got a gold achievement in the new queen’s zone and provided significant dps on the champ for three minutes and up. Yet no guaranteed drop from champ. I get the gold DE reward, I get the bonus chest, but no bag drop or drop at all.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Maybe it will cause some players other than roamers to go dps that would be a nice change.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Everybody reading just needs to keep posting till there’s a response., really.

I’ll throw in, like above, that this (once again) completely screws over the now rare, endangered species known as the Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Not that I’m saying there isn’t a problem but..

I have not noticed this at all. Then again I play warrior so maybe i’m just doing enough damage.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

/bump. we deserve some sort of an answer, I reckon.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol I will give you your answer yes it was intended because of the 100% drop rate of champ bags. Like many people here I have not noticed any change it is not something that really even needs any kind of answer if you are having trouble getting loot play better. So your bunker you do no dmg but you seldom die…. good you don’t need loot you don’t have repair bills.

in WvW

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Spent some time in a zerg after the reset for badge farming. In the time it normally would take to farm up a full stack of badges I instead only got around 50 badges (forgot about the wallet so didn’t check until after the first fight). Since the wvw JP chests not giving badges has been confirmed as a bug, hopefully this is something related to that and will be fixed soon.

in WvW

dunnberry.2964

So if what they did is increase damage percentage than really what that’s doing is hurting the tanks, healers, and booners of any group who already had low drops to begin with…good job there/sarcasm

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Anet doesn’t care about WvW.

Say it with me now: “Anet doesn’t care about me and wants me to quit.”

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Basically the message is: ignore PvP in WvW, do PvE and Karmatrain all day long (champion loot, hurray)!

I`m disgusted and really, really disappointed regarding the recent changes…

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

So if what they did is increase damage percentage than really what that’s doing is hurting the tanks, healers, and booners of any group who already had low drops to begin with…good job there/sarcasm

Which is completely unsurprising as it is in line with Anets “zerker only” policy for the Queens Gauntlet. You’re not meant to play support roles.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Basically the message is: ignore PvP in WvW, do PvE and Karmatrain all day long (champion loot, hurray)!

I`m disgusted and really, really disappointed regarding the recent changes…

If we are right about dmg being the change then you get just as much loot pvping and less for zerg v zerg so in theory it is a change many of us have asked for and should reduce zerg play.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

It’s a matter of maths, Guys! It’s like this: there’s only so much loot in the GW2 universe. Once the Queen’s Jubilee patch came out and they introduced the Crown Pavilion Farming Frenzy, which, as you may have noticed, gives insane amounts of loot (I have flushed tons of greens into the Mystic Toilet), balance is restored to the Universe by a proportional reduction in WvW and other loot (if you think it’s bad in WvW, try Orr [that’s the place which attracted all those PvE-ers when GW2 first came out]).

Don’t worry though .. as someone said in another thread around here somewhere, chill.. it’s only temporary. The Queen’s Jubilee will end soon enough and all will return to normal.

Oh wait .. Living Story gets updated every 2 weeks!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

As a commander, I should mention that WvW is exceptionally expensive. More often then not commander break even on WvW loot after you account for the ridiculous amount of siege we go through and the upgrades we have to buy.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Orr is still active its where everyone was farming before the event.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Hm…

“WvW
Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented loot from dropping off players in WvW.”

Latest patch. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-6th-2013/first#post2595315

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

The loot is back from the last build.Stuff is dropping as it was.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.