Never before requested feature... queue info

in WvW

Posted by: Pain.3756

Pain.3756

This one is going to blow your mind!

Imagine you are sitting in the queue for WvW for hours. Do you know what might be great…

a number of where you are at in the queue. I know right… mind blowing!

you are 147 of 600 in the queue

and it could update over time…

you are 123 of 666 in the queue

thanks!

</snark>

nothing else to do…

Grumpy

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Oh this has been asked for since I think about BW2 weekend? I believe they can’t do it because it would give out a false-concrete finite number .. your spot out of how many are actually allowed on map. That seems to be a flexible number that Anet doesn’t seem to want to divulge

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Pain.3756

Oh this has been asked for since I think about BW2 weekend? I believe they can’t do it because it would give out a false-concrete finite number .. your spot out of how many are actually allowed on map. That seems to be a flexible number that Anet doesn’t seem to want to divulge

Surely if it had been asked for previously, they would have delivered the feature request. Maybe you are mistaken?

Anyone else stuck in a queue bored and want to chime in

Grumpy

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

We would need an actual queue then… afaik it’s still more like one of those grabby claws that comes down from heaven and randomly chooses some one to enter. I know multiple times a friend has queued before me to the same map and I have gotten in first (and vice versa).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

They can’t do it due to technical/bandwidth limitations… you know this.

in WvW

Pain.3756

DOH! I didn’t even think about bandwidth. This explains a lot.

I wonder if they upgraded the flux capacitor, do you think that would help?

Grumpy

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Or…you could transfer to AR where we haven’t even seen the queue for months You’re actually more likely to get the outmanned buff than not at any given time of the day. It’s fun stuff.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

DOH! I didn’t even think about bandwidth. This explains a lot.

I wonder if they upgraded the flux capacitor, do you think that would help?

Grumpy

They’d have to yank that thing out then invert the mood matrix before they can do that, or their servers may encounter errors :o

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Azylynne.9487

Azylynne.9487

Pain, Jayne’s right, we were asking for this once the queues starting hitting… BWE2 and BWE3 were starting to get nuts with queues, and we had asked for such a feature, even a rough “estimated” queue time… but alas, to no avail.

There are MANY things we, as WvWers, have been asking for, some that are just common sense stuff (ability to boot players who left game without leaving group thus leaving a spot TAKEN in group, so we have to reform; broken whispers within WvW, Private Commander Tags… and fixing or even improving the Commander/Squad function, etc.)… and err, to no avail. Just because it’s common sense or it makes sense to implement something, ANet either a. will not do it because it’s not a priority for them, or b. there are issues within the system that causes them problems to fix/improve it (ala Team/Map chat being the same… I remember Beta3 or 4 they actually came out and said that was an issue that they cannot fix any time soon).

Best of luck, because we would like that feature.

Nordvegr
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No they cant do it because there are no queues. At least not in the way we think of a queue. Its just random groupings of players that join when WvW population has fallen below a random threshold on a random cycling timer.

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Surely if it had been asked for previously, they would have delivered the feature request. Maybe you are mistaken?

Can’t tell if trolling or just very naive.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

This one is going to blow your mind!

Imagine you are sitting in the queue for WvW for hours. Do you know what might be great…

a number of where you are at in the queue. I know right… mind blowing!

you are 147 of 600 in the queue

and it could update over time…

you are 123 of 666 in the queue

thanks!

</snark>

nothing else to do…

Grumpy

They can’t implement this because their SUPER AWESOME MEGA QUEUE CALCULATOR doesn’t actually work like any SANE person would code it… it’s not first in, first out….you could join the queue and instantly end up in WvW and someone waiting a half hour could still be in queue….because….well frankly I have no idea….some developer some where decided he had a better way to process queue’s then the 100,000 other developers before him who have been processing queues for many years….

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

What they need is a new overflow WvW zone where players can fight each other for fun. Points don’t count towards the score, but you can still earn Xp/karma. Once your spot in que comes up you can hop into Eb or a borderland.

This at least gives us some entertainment while waiting in the que lottery.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

What they need is a new overflow WvW zone where players can fight each other for fun. Points don’t count towards the score, but you can still earn Xp/karma. Once your spot in que comes up you can hop into Eb or a borderland.

This at least gives us some entertainment while waiting in the que lottery.

Gonna disagree with my guild GM so I will have to pay for my insubordination later on but I don’t think we want ANET wasting their time on designing an overflow WvW zone for queues that only exist on the top few tiers, mainly on reset nights when too many people moved to those servers and there are a ton of outmanned and empty maps across the rest of the worlds we could be playing in. ><

ANET has much bigger fish to fry (like private pins and skill lag, eh boss?) and we all have the power to correct the queue problem within our own control. We as players need to decide to stop stacking on the top tiers and quit treating WvW like it is failure unless all WvW zones are capped 24/7. We are being unrealistic in our expectations and making the game play suffer for it, not to mention making skill lag worse.

Now ANET could throw us some bones with free guild transfers to bottom level tiers with guild unlocks in place or do some wild and crazy stuff in conjunction with GW2 first birthday where we all get sent “home” to our server of origin for a couple of weeks with a way to transfer for free to our chosen guilds “home” server. Either way, the best solution is for players to spread back out so we don’t have to deal with darned bugged out queue system that upsets everyone when you think about how nonsensical it is.

I think the fact that we are seeing more queue complaint threads since last week might mean we are entering an era of lower WvW map populations caps to help with the skill lag issue but of course I have no data on that. With JQ slumming it down in the lower tiers these last 3 match-ups, it is hard to know if our recent increase in queue times on weeknights is due to lower WvW map population caps or fair-weather WvWers showing up only when we are winning by a large margin.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Queue exist on all tiers. I transfer from Jady Quarry top tier to Sorrow’s furnace usually in last or 2nd to last tier to get away from the queue. You still find the queue on Fridays and staurday nights on eternal battlegrounds. You somethings even get it on SF borderlands. Even thou the borderlands are unplayably boring. The queue is one of the biggest reasons the I don’t WvW much.

I can only think that the less densely populated have lower server cap entry numbers, to try to level the playing field. But mostly it just keeps people from playing WvW.