in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

So, taken from the livestream, here’s the points breakdown and the benefits:

5pts: Damage to walls +20%
15pts: Gravel shot now applies bleeding
30pts: Increased radius of all catapult skills
50pts: Damage increase on all catapult skills +25%
75pts: Siege bubble (Destroys incoming enemy projectiles)

Discuss!

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

New Catapult Mastery line

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Bad. Catapults aren’t used much, and not many people will put points into this line if there isnt an ability point reset.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Baruch will be very happy with this

Will be interesting for my solo ninja projects.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Atrophied.8725

Hmm. Every tower on the borderlands has good cata spots to take down walls. 7 of the 12 towers in EB have solid and well-used catapult spots in addition to OLK inner. Also Hills, and Garrison on the borderlands maps. I can see the cata line being quite good and well-used, especially with the 75-point trait being able to absorb incoming cata/treb shots.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Damage to walls is, IMO, a horrible idea. Inflating power of siege engines will just end up devaluing walls. It’s already easy enough to golem rush a keep; do we really need every siege weapon having a +50% increase in damage through their trait lines and Siege Might?

IMHO, change 1 and 4 to +200% turn speed and +damage vs players only. The 5 pt trait should pretty much always bring a lot of bang for your buck, and bonus damage against players makes it more punchy without making walls weaker.

Also, bleeding on gravel shot seems superfluous. Maybe change it to Crippling.

Edit: Wait this is from a livestream? Interesting.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Atrophied.8725

Edit: Wait this is from a livestream? Interesting.

Friday’s wvw livestream with Hugh. There were technical issues with the stream apparently, but I pulled that info from the short clips that are saved on ANet’s GW2 twitch channel.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Bad. Catapults aren’t used much, and not many people will put points into this line if there isnt an ability point reset.

Catas are used all the time in T1 NA …. They are great of countering the range of arrow carts or to place behind a door of a keep. Not to mention the ninja cata spots on Brier and the one at Bay that can hit outer and inner with the same catas

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Meh – I don’t understand why Anet are wasting effort on this sort of fine detail tuning when there are far more important issues with WvW.

There is only one trait line worth pursuing and you need max points there to get any benefit from it. (Anyone in any doubt which one I mean?)

in WvW

Atrophied.8725

I assume you mean guard defense, and yeah, it’s powerful but by no means the only line worth filling.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm?
Catapults are used very much, since they are create at sneaky take a keep or tower without having to worry about the ACs at the gates.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Few changes:

15pts – increased turn speed
30pts – shield bubble protecting from projectiles, duration 1min

75pts – shield bubble also repels enemies, like the breakout event bubbles

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

So, taken from the livestream, here’s the points breakdown and the benefits:

5pts: Damage to walls +20%
15pts: Gravel shot now applies bleeding
30pts: Increased radius of all catapult skills
50pts: Damage increase on all catapult skills +25%
75pts: Siege bubble (Destroys incoming enemy projectiles)

Discuss!

+1!!!

Any perk regarding catapults would be more than welcomed by our brotherhood.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

New bubble skill is junk, doesn’t block aoe, which is what hits you more than treb/ballista.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Meh – I don’t understand why Anet are wasting effort on this sort of fine detail tuning when there are far more important issues with WvW.

There is only one trait line worth pursuing and you need max points there to get any benefit from it. (Anyone in any doubt which one I mean?)

guard defense? +2500 HP

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Few changes:

15pts – increased turn speed
30pts – shield bubble protecting from projectiles, duration 1min

75pts – shield bubble also repels enemies, like the breakout event bubbles

hate to burst your bubble but by looking at lvl5 AC mastery, its probably gonna be 3 sec bubble on 60 sec cooldown…

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Changes to turn speed sound great, but we are unable to do them with the system as currently set up. That’s why you won’t see any changes of that sort for the foreseeable future.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Changes to turn speed sound great, but we are unable to do them with the system as currently set up. That’s why you won’t see any changes of that sort for the foreseeable future.

Judging by the design, I assume this is also why the range was not changed but the blast radius was (a work-around of sorts)? They seem to work on similar mechanics, on a bar charge mechanic which is largely unique to siege (and perhaps a bit of a relic of older design that now needs to be re-vamped).

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Judging by the design, I assume this is also why the range was not changed but the blast radius was (a work-around of sorts)? They seem to work on similar mechanics, on a bar charge mechanic which is largely unique to siege (and perhaps a bit of a relic of older design that now needs to be re-vamped).

I would say the reason the range was not changed was because of what happened last time the changed range of certain siege.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Vena.8436

I would say the reason the range was not changed was because of what happened last time the changed range of certain siege.

But those skills function entirely differently. Trebs, catapults, and mortars all have a bar-charge mechanic for firing. You’ll quickly notice that Mortars (increased blast) and catapults (increased blast) both got “increased range” through a similar change. Arrow carts, balista, oil, all have either targeting reticles or are target based skills, and all received range increases (as well as blast radius increases).

Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to see increased range on any of them (trebbing hills from bay plox!) but it does seem peculiar that these bar-charge mechanics are the only thing that never gets modulated even if they would seem like prime candidates. This seems like a mechanical limitation in the programing rather than a willing choice (and Devon seems to imply just that).

PS: Please don’t increase blast radius on trebs, otherwise the trebs from garri to Bay will become a real nightmare with no counter short of either taking garrison or trebbing them down from right next to garrison.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I’m still waiting on the active skills. The only thing I find beneficial to upgrade is the supply amount, but I won’t bother with that, as it’s way too expensive for what you get.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

fine tuning = low resource commitment
fixing major issues = high resource commitment

Let me see now …. <thinking> … <thinking> … <thinking> …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

5 points for faster ninjia wall take down, than move on.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Then I highly recommend reworking that system to be extensible. Fixing inextensible systems earlier in development can save a lot of effort and prevent bugs down the line.

Plus, +100% turn speed would be a worthwhile trait on catapults, mortars, and trebuchets.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Then I highly recommend reworking that system to be extensible. Fixing inextensible systems earlier in development can save a lot of effort and prevent bugs down the line.

Plus, +100% turn speed would be a worthwhile trait on catapults, mortars, and trebuchets.

I agree on all counts, but I hope you’ll concede we are no longer early in development. Making those changes nigh impossible to make at this juncture. If you happen to have a time machine handy…

in WvW

Vena.8436

I agree on all counts, but I hope you’ll concede we are no longer early in development. Making those changes nigh impossible to make at this juncture. If you happen to have a time machine handy…

I actually happen to have one, but its for personal use and you can’t have it.

… The me from the future just told me I should reconsider telling anyone about my time machine but who’s he to tell me what to do? Its not like he can see the future!

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’ll have to see if Corporal Bane will let us borrow the time machine.

Of course GW2 is no longer in early development. Earlier in development is still preferable to later in development, but, unless we do have a time machine, the earliest time available is the present.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

This is all you need to know Devon. 1.21 gigawatts.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I remember a certain anet employee saying it was physically impossible to make EU and NA reset times different. Hmmmmmmm…

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Hum 45% damage to wall with cata now.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Yza.2437

Yza.2437

I remember a certain anet employee saying it was physically impossible to make EU and NA reset times different. Hmmmmmmm…

Same one that said repeated stealth in one fight is not what they are aiming for? Hmm..they have a lot of these reliable employees.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Hum 45% damage to wall with cata now.

Are the two bonuses actually cumulative? That would mean the 50 pt bonus applies to all objects, players, walls etc. Is that the case?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: DadMcFatherton.6781

DadMcFatherton.6781

Anyone have any information on the “Shield Bubble” ability? Cooldown, radius, etc? This is now the only way to counter siege shots so I get the feeling it will be clutch in treb v treb and the like.

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Another month, another usless change to WvW. Go home DevonCarver, you are drunk. When we will get something nice in WvW? Like GvG map/new borderlands?

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Another month, another usless change to WvW. Go home DevonCarver, you are drunk. When we will get something nice in WvW? Like GvG map/new borderlands?

Useless? Before attacking the devs you should actually consider playing the game.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Seriously Lotus, chillax.

Now, how about allowing us to respec our wvw skill points (even at considerable cost) so we can actually play with some of these new toys?

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Now, how about allowing us to respec our wvw skill points (even at considerable cost) so we can actually play with some of these new toys?

“Changes to <INSERT CURRENT REQUEST> sound great, but we are unable to do them with the system as currently set up.”

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Is the GW2 time machine standing in between two walls of reflection and firing at one of them?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

“Changes to <INSERT CURRENT REQUEST> sound great, but we are unable to do them with the system as currently set up.”

LOL indeed, very nice and mostly accurate

I mean, I love new abilities coming out. I really do. Every time a new one comes out though, it makes me less and less likely to spend points because what happens if a FREAKING AWESOME ability comes out and I don’t have 3 months of points saved up?

Make me pay 500 gems. I will. Shut up and take my money. Just let me reset them!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Eh I’d be against gems for it simply because it makes it unfair between the haves and have nots. It should be a respec advisor like your trait npc, found only on WvW maps, and cost about the same as re-traiting.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

Whichever. I agree, actually, but you know, the chance to get people to spend more… Who knows, it might help.

Personally I think 250 badges would be about right.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Whichever. I agree, actually, but you know, the chance to get people to spend more… Who knows, it might help.

Personally I think 250 badges would be about right.

This.
Respeccing with badges is the only truly viable option.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Well that’s settled then. We’ll do that.

Er… did you hear that Anet?…Anet?…Hello?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I mean, I love new abilities coming out. I really do. Every time a new one comes out though, it makes me less and less likely to spend points because what happens if a FREAKING AWESOME ability comes out and I don’t have 3 months of points saved up?

Indeed, why didnt we get a reset?

As it is right now, it feels pointless to even invest points because you never know when something new comes out or when changes are done to exisiting stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

In 2 weeks we will have turn rate traits!
Just following the usual pattern, that is…
“Impossible due to engine restrictions”
→2 days later: “We are looking into it”
→2 weeks later: “we just went and did it”

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Someone was using the rank 5 ability on the catapult and it looked pretty fast. I was trying to know who was on it and what was the timer. I would probably say 2-3 cats very close could do a pretty decent bubble rotation.

I would still like to know the timer on that ability.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Only thing I still think is lower the cost off carrying more to lvl1 10point, lvl 2 20point and so on.

Ps and fix so you can repair with 1, 3 supply, now it have to be 2.