"New Orbs" - Effect on GvG community

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Hoping for a simple ANet response one way or the other on this, so we as players know what to expect.

GvG scene, love it or hate it, is getting larger all the time. In-game guesses are saying that probably around 80% of WvW-specific guilds are either already doing “structured” GvG or are interested in (or training for) starting it.

Orbs could stand to undo the entire GvG community in a truly ugly way, as a team getting a buff for ANY amount of time would destroy the fairness of matches.

What we would like to know is: Does ANet have a plan to allow the continuation of GvG activities along with the orb buffs? Is there any factor, unknown to us as players, that would allow GvG activities to continue despite the incoming orb buffs?

GvG and fair field fighting are what keeps a lot of us playing WvW at the moment. If those concepts get destroyed, people are going to stop playing. That’s not sensationalism, it’s just truth.

Can you please give us a tidbit, a hint, a something so we can set expectations for how this community is going to move forward as these changes come out?

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Let’s all start a plot to share at least 1 orb per team. Fairness for all!

In all seriousness though, I have heard rumors of Anet working on a GvG style’d area for the gvg scene. However those are just rumors. They do realize how big the scene is getting as I remember showing several anet players the gvg videos and also hearing them tell others they were noticing it and wanting to work on it.

If we do put Orbs back I suggest that they be put back in a way that wouldn’t affect the GvG scene if Anet does not make us our own area to compete in.

(edited by Nakoor.1980)

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

We GvGers will always find a way to fight each other on fair terms. If not, we all leave the game and look for a new one where we can.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

In all seriousness though, I have heard rumors of Anet working on a GvG style’d area for the gvg scene. However those are just rumors. They do realize how big the scene is getting as I remember showing several anet players the gvg videos and also hearing them tell others they were noticing it and wanting to work on it.

I would love to see them turn Claw Island into a GvG arena. Perfect size, perfect layout, already built.

Whether or not the devs “want” to work on it is somewhat irrelevant. If ANet doesn’t start supporting it in some capacity (official support, or at least an agreement of non-intervention via things like orbs), players are just going to quit. It’s something that tons of people want, and it’s something that needs to eventually be supported. As far as I’m concerned that’s the end of the debate.

Their silence on the topic does hint that they are debating the topic behind the scenes though….at least speaking historically. When they say nothing that usually means something.

in WvW

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

bummped for relevance. i really want to see if A-net will respond to this

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

I hope, even though it most certainly won’t happen, that the buffs will not affect any skill related to fights. Buffs to WXP, gold, exp, karma, MF would all be great, anything that affects the outcome of a battle is not.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

I hope, even though it most certainly won’t happen, that the buffs will not affect any skill related to fights. Buffs to WXP, gold, exp, karma, MF would all be great, anything that affects the outcome of a battle is not.

Yeah. The silly part about it is that people have been saying this since the orbs were removed. Bring them back with MF or something useless like that. Gives people something to fight over, and rewards with something that doesnt affect gameplay.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

I will say one thing though: we don’t yet know the nature of the buff(s) that the orb will give, so it’s still possible they won’t affect gameplay. Their wording hinted that it’s probably similar or the same as it was originally, but sometimes they say things that we inadvertently take entirely wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You guys need to remember that ANET isn’t building WvW with GvG in mind. Only a small subset of WvW players even GvG (although some of the most dedicated players love it).

The longer term solution needs to be a separate WvW map. Take the area behind the windmill, put it in its own separate map, and add a spectator mode. Make it an empty map with no points towards the weekly score. Every one will be happy. This doesn’t sound like a lot of work other than spectator mode. If that is hard, just let people sit on the hill. Done.

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Only a small subset of WvW players even GvG (although some of the most dedicated players love it).

This simply isn’t true. :/

in WvW

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

Well for one part i hope they bring the orbs back and i’m not talking about one orb for each map, i would love to see 3 of them, that spawn simultaneously. For what reason you ask? Easy – the orbs spawn after reset on the map. From that moment on you have to get them and bring them back to your camps – not your keeps – and more important, you have to defend them, if you want to upgrade your keeps and towers
Let’s say you own 1 of the 3 orbs, then you will only be able to upgrade your towers to t2 and your keeps just stay on t1. If you own 2 orbs you can upgrade your keeps to t2 and your towers to t3 and if you finally own 3 orbs you have the option to upgrade your keeps to t3. If you lose one of the orbs while you are upgrading a tower or keep the workers will just stop to work.
If you like you can add some mf or wxp boost after you recovered one of the orbs – i don’t give a kitten.

This way Anet could cut down the kittening zergs and we would get alot of open field action – everyone would win this way. The mechanics are already available, why don’t you guys (Devs) use them?…

[void] – GH

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Well for one part i hope they bring the orbs back and i’m not talking about one orb for each map, i would love to see 3 of them, that spawn simultaneously. For what reason you ask? Easy – the orbs spawn after reset on the map. From that moment on you have to get them and bring them back to your camps – not your keeps – and more important, you have to defend them, if you want to upgrade your keeps and towers
Let’s say you own 1 of the 3 orbs, then you will only be able to upgrade your towers to t2 and your keeps just stay on t1. If you own 2 orbs you can upgrade your keeps to t2 and your towers to t3 and if you finally own 3 orbs you have the option to upgrade your keeps to t3. If you lose one of the orbs while you are upgrading a tower or keep the workers will just stop to work.
If you like you can add some mf or wxp boost after you recovered one of the orbs – i don’t give a kitten.

This way Anet could cut down the kittening zergs and we would get alot of open field action – everyone would win this way. The mechanics are already available, why don’t you guys (Devs) use them?…

im not sure i see how this would make open field action better, why wouldn’t a commander just zerg down the orbs and proceed to upgrade all there keeps while leaving the enemy’s with paper walls

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is very much true though.
The vast majority of WvW:ers don’t GvG.
If they did we would never have any actual sieges or real fights.

GvG is done by a small (although quite vocal) minority of the WvW population.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

You guys need to remember that ANET isn’t building WvW with GvG in mind. Only a small subset of WvW players even GvG (although some of the most dedicated players love it).

How can you possibly doubt “In-game guesses”? That’s as close to empirical as you can get without actually doing any work.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

That “vast majority” you’re talking about are the one-dayers who make no difference in the outcome of WvW. They show up for completion and leave. Their presence makes no difference and does not count.

If GvG is so small, why are there so many people QQing about the impact that a GvG has on the ability to earn points? The chief complaint by those against the movement is that the PPT suffers because of it. Hard to have a suffering PPT caused by “almost no one.”

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I am ok with this, let them rent an arena and be done with it. They are not helping the server by dueling and are taking slots from players who want to contribute and do the objectives.

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

why not just take GvG to the EB jp…no orb buffs there

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

You have your reply already.

So, in regards to GvG and openfield, I don’t see a lot of “rampant speculation” going on. If nothing else, you chose your words poorly. The complaints about this new system potentially killing the GvG scene is entirely grounded.

This forum and this topic in particular are about WvW. WvW is about sieging and controlling objectives and about open field combat. All our changes are with that totality in mind and will continue to be.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

80% lol are you high you can see the guilds that do it here.http://gw2gvg.com/leaderboard.php?r=na

"GvG"ers make up 1.4k-5k of 3 million players less than 1%; if we use the high end they are 0.166666667%.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

The GvG is not an Anet Game content nor aspect of the game. I see no issue regarding this fact. You can’t claim to be against a wvw content, balance, or modification in order to satisfy a minority of players that are themselves not caring much of wvw community and are polluting the wvw maps and corrupting the wvw spirit.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

80% lol are you high you can see the guilds that do it here.http://gw2gvg.com/leaderboard.php?r=na

"GvG"ers make up 1.4k-5k of 3 million players less than 1%; if we use the high end they are 0.166666667%.

Comparing the guilds registered on gw2gvg.com to the ENTIRE gw2 playerbase? Sounds legit.

Edit: I also highly doubt there are 3M regular GW2 players total anyway…. Copies of the game sold vs total players…. Myself and 9 friends bought GW2 at launch. I’m the only one left playing it.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

3 million people playing WvW? You made me spill my drink, sir. There aren’t even close to 3 million people playing WvW.

Believe it or not, but if you count in hours played in WvW per guild, you’ll immediately find out these GvG guilds hold the majority. Our guild have people playing 14-15 hours/day every day. If we go server by server and make the GvG guilds quit for 1 week you’ll painfully see your points drop.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

The GvG is not an Anet Game content nor aspect of the game. I see no issue regarding this fact. You can’t claim to be against a wvw content, balance, or modification in order to satisfy a minority of players that are themselves not caring much of wvw community and are polluting the wvw maps and corrupting the wvw spirit.

You all keep calling GvGers the minority while everyone simultaneously whines about the GvG impact on PPT. Make up your minds.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

You better ask for a specific arena and leave wvw maps for what they have been designed for. There is a place for each thing and each thing find its place. GvG players have no place dedicated atm so better ask Anet to give you one and break away from wvw environment. tyvm

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

You better ask for a specific arena and leave wvw maps for what they have been designed for.

We have been since beta. You can see we’ve been heard.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

So, in regards to GvG and openfield, I don’t see a lot of “rampant speculation” going on. If nothing else, you chose your words poorly. The complaints about this new system potentially killing the GvG scene is entirely grounded.

This forum and this topic in particular are about WvW. WvW is about sieging and controlling objectives and about open field combat. All our changes are with that totality in mind and will continue to be.

GvG isn’t open field? Never knew.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Los Re.4607

Los Re.4607

Actually the “vocal” minority is some of the people in your guild (i have played with you, ty for the lootbags) and one (1) guy from NA that creates 2-3 threads every day Seriously are you so bad in pvp?

On more serious note i love these threads because you can recongnize the #1 spammers so easily. Believe it or not there are some guilds which can destroy your laughable 60ppl zergs with only 20-25 guys. Get used to it and let them have some challenge for 1hour per week.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

^ really dude you guys are 15th in wvw I would think being able to take out more than 2x your number your server would be higher ranked. If you can take out 2x you number why did you loose those 3 "GvG"s and there is a big diff between the players on the top and the players on the bottom if some real wvw guilds come to your server maybe you will get lucky enough to find that out for yourself.

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

^ really dude you guys are 15th in wvw I would think being able to take out more than 2x your number your server would be higher ranked. If you can take out 2x you number why did you loose those 3 "GvG"s and there is a big diff between the players on the top and the players on the bottom if some real wvw guilds come to your server maybe you will get lucky enough to find that out for yourself.

It’s almost as if WvW is determined by coverage, not just “number of people you can have online at prime time”! Also because the people who do GvG are dedicated to fighting well, unlike many of the people who aren’t. I find it incredible that anyone would say that T1 is T1 because of skill in this day.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

If you were apart of one of the skilled communities you would understand more about the prep and effort it takes along with the fact that those strats and skill you guys talk about in “GvG” is the same stuff good wvwers have been doing since the start. What your doing is just a simple version of wvw you guys have managed to gain a small following playing 52 card pickup at the sidelines of a poker game. koodos

[/quote]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

If you were apart of one of the skilled communities you would understand more about the prep and effort it takes along with the fact that those strats and skill you guys talk about in “GvG” is the same stuff good wvwers have been doing since the start. What your doing is just a simple version of wvw you guys have managed to gain a small following playing 52 card pickup at the sidelines of a poker game. koodos

That’s a very nice way of saying nothing while sounding haughty. Pretty much every single GvG guild has done “real WvW” for many months now, and many of us are recognized for open field skill against large groups. I’ve played WvW almost every day of this game’s existence minus the short time it took me to reach Straits of Devastation and get bored of PvE, and most of it wasn’t spent in GvG. People like you who look down on non-T1 servers because you think it’s purely “skill” are completely mistaken. It’s like that one JQ guy who said “oh yeah Maguuma could beat JQ’s SEA zerg if only they had any skill”…what a joke. If you want to be taken seriously then please enlighten us on all this hard work you put into being T1 that isn’t recruiting more guilds to come to T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I don’t think they care about balance in WvW tbh. Many of the class changes they make for balance reasons remain strictly on the sPVP side. Doesn’t mean people can’t have fun doing it, but I doubt we’ll ever see changes made based on say GvG meta that are unique to only WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

GvGers are not really an issue.

They make a minority

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That “vast majority” you’re talking about are the one-dayers who make no difference in the outcome of WvW. They show up for completion and leave. Their presence makes no difference and does not count.

I don’t GvG myself but I support it because I think it brings something of value to guilds that work hard in WvW. But saying someone’s presence in WvW doesn’t count is elitist and antagonizes a certain preconception a lot of people do have about GvG. Every person who heads into WvW to fight for their server, even in the process of getting map completion, matters. Every player counts, regardless of level of contribution. Today’s map completionist can become tomorrow’s vet.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I don’t GvG myself but I support it because I think it brings something of value to guilds that work hard in WvW. But saying someone’s presence in WvW doesn’t count is elitist and antagonizes a certain preconception a lot of people do have about GvG. Every person who heads into WvW to fight for their server, even in the process of getting map completion, matters. Every player counts, regardless of level of contribution. Today’s map completionist can become tomorrow’s vet.

I agree with Jayne, GvGers would get a lot more support from the casual WvW community if they would lay off some of the attitude. Most of us would love to see a place for you all to go play so everyone can find their idea of fun in this game. IMO they should pull the Obsidian Sanctum out from EB, make it its own map, throw a nice open field on top with some minor spawn camps and some fun terrain in between to create a ganker GvG paradise map all of its own but WvW has a lot of more pressing problems I would like to see addressed first (commander pin flaws, skill lag & zergballs).

Hopefully the GvG crowd will be able to find enough ways to enjoy the game a bit longer till ANET has the time to add a new map with a different focus. I don’t expect the new orb mechanic to include any serious stat buffs but I support your efforts to get confirmation from the Devs as it is a legitimate concern.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

That’s a very nice way of saying nothing while sounding haughty. Pretty much every single GvG guild has done “real WvW” for many months now, and many of us are recognized for open field skill against large groups. I’ve played WvW almost every day of this game’s existence minus the short time it took me to reach Straits of Devastation and get bored of PvE, and most of it wasn’t spent in GvG. People like you who look down on non-T1 servers because you think it’s purely “skill” are completely mistaken. It’s like that one JQ guy who said “oh yeah Maguuma could beat JQ’s SEA zerg if only they had any skill”…what a joke. If you want to be taken seriously then please enlighten us on all this hard work you put into being T1 that isn’t recruiting more guilds to come to T1.

It takes allot to recruit guilds you have to show them you have a good program and that the alliance will be worth their time and gold. This is something that is only shown through months of effort along with the ability to share your vision.

I don’t expect foot soldiers to understand the plight of a generals, but in good communities it is something that is very apparent. We have people/guilds that pull all nighters, that go to sleep early so they can fight in other time zones, and lead everyday for the good of there community.The team work and efficiency on our servers is breathtaking. I could give you 1000 examples, but I could never portray the weight of the situations. When your doing something that means something to you and you overcome the odds it is undescribable.

I almost envy you guys I wish I was on a lower tier so I could gather forces and kill the giants all over again, but I know I would prolly never find as good of a group of guys to play with as I have found on blackgate.

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

I don’t expect foot soldiers to understand the plight of a generals

Oh master, please teach us.

- on a serious note: you sir take this game way too serious.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It takes allot to recruit guilds you have to show them you have a good program and that the alliance will be worth their time and gold. This is something that is only shown through months of effort along with the ability to share your vision.

I don’t expect foot soldiers to understand the plight of a generals, but in good communities it is something that is very apparent. We have people/guilds that pull all nighters, that go to sleep early so they can fight in other time zones, and lead everyday for the good of there community.The team work and efficiency on our servers is breathtaking. I could give you 1000 examples, but I could never portray the weight of the situations. When your doing something that means something to you and you overcome the odds it is undescribable.

I almost envy you guys I wish I was on a lower tiers so I could gather forces and kill the giants all over again, but I know I would prolly never find as good of a group of guys to play with as I have found on blackgate.

The intense dedication you have to “winning” this game is impressive if people really do pull all nighters and sleep weird hours to fight in other time zones. However that is still all about coverage and not skill, and isn’t something people with regular daytime jobs can do. It sounds to me like you’re saying your planning is about planning coverage and marketing tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I almost envy you guys I wish I was on a lower tier so I could gather forces and kill the giants all over again, but I know I would prolly never find as good of a group of guys to play with as I have found on blackgate.

I was a massive PPT enthusiast and have probably forgotten more about macro-tactics, siege and opportunistic map play than you have ever known. I did all of the above-mentioned things as well; such as recruiting to fill up coverage gaps etc. However, how can you still find PPT maximization interesting when there is no real skill left in it; I am not annoyed about the coverage wars its just the constant blobbing/skill lag/omega rushes. In T1 most keeps are taken with omega rushes and nothing else ever since blueprints were tradeable and cheap.

When WvW changes for the better by promoting more separation of groups using such features like a better commanderui, better delegation tools such as private tags etc, maybe less waypoints? then it would make sense to be concerned about it; not as the game exists right now.

Secondly, GvG greatly helps overall WvW than it hurts; even though I was a PPT enthusiast previously I always saw the benefits of a growing GvG scene; it encourages people to blob less; it increases the quality and tactics of various guilds over time; it also creates player retention for the WvW scene.

At the end of the day if you have issues with your guilds GvG-ing, bring it up with your server in your server forums or your server voip and if you are a ‘general’ as you state you are you should have enough influence/pull to figure things out in a calm way in your awesome bestest BG server. If you can’t fix it in a server that you are a ‘general’ (LOL) in i.e. accommodate both GvG and PPT by using common sense (like not doing GvGs in your homeBL) then there is really no point for your constant verbal diarrhea on all the GvG threads.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

When it comes to the combat aspect some guild have large forces and some have small each work within their means. Some of the larger forces may be able to focus on fields and position alone the smaller forces however play out a lot like spvp. All the while big or small these forces have to be wary of their and the enemies position in respect to there objectives to make sure they are the hunters and not the hunted. Along with the other strategic aspects.

You can do it with a job unless you work longer than 8 hour shifts. Some times I go to bed at 8-9 pm and get up around 4-6am to play till I have to leave for work. Sometimes I fall asleep as soon as I get home.

Edit: lanamal I am sure you have forgot more that I ever knew lol /rolls eyes Have you been on TC since the whole time?

in WvW

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

thug life

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

(edited by Odinzu.9645)

in WvW

Lanimal.6541

When it comes to the combat aspect some guild have large forces and some have small each work within their means. Some of the larger forces may be able to focus on fields and position alone the smaller forces however play out a lot like spvp. All the while big or small these forces have to be wary of their and the enemies position in respect to there objectives to make sure they are the hunters and not the hunted. Along with the other strategic aspects.

You can do it with a job unless you work longer than 8 hour shifts. Some times I go to bed at 8-9 pm and get up around 4-6am to play till I have to leave for work. Sometimes I fall asleep as soon as I get home.

Edit: lanamal I am sure you have forgot more that I ever knew lol /rolls eyes Have you been on TC since the whole time?

Why don’t you go ask the ‘generals’ on BG who I am? Anyway the point still stands you have issues then solve it internally as a server with your influence; if you cant do that i.e. you cant have reasonable discussion with your bff’s on your own server then there is no point in posting in the GvG threads.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Odinzu do you really think you can beat 2x your numbers you guys lost to rise with even numbers; I swear "GvG"ers are daft.

Lanimal why don’t you tell me what you think they will say I think that would be much more enjoyable. You don’t really expect someone to ask like 20 commanders across multiple time zones if they heard of some kid that thinks to much of him self on the forums do you? ….No I didn’t think so.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Okay, you’re right about that, but all that is is dedication and willingness to rearrange your life around winning a video game. Waking up at 4 to play a video game is not about skill, it is once again about coverage. Maybe you guys enjoy that, but I certainly wouldn’t and I’m not sure I will ever completely understand people that do.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

You seem to have ignored the rest of that post saiyr.

in WvW

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

The day anet creates a place for GVG is the day that wvwvw will die you can quote me on that
really do you guys now how many hardcore wvwvw players dont gvg there won’t be much i tell you that

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

Oh boy, a long awaited discussion arises.
I’ll only express my own opinion on that topic, but I know many people in our guild have the same mindset.

Orbs and their buff were always criticized. They were removed because many hackers abused this mechanic and the situation was getting out of hand. Not bringing back orbs is essentially admitting that the game developers can’t deal with these hacks, atleast that’s what it looks like to me. But bringing back the stat-increase is a valid concern for many players, as it was last year.
GvGs aside, making a strong server even stronger by increasing their stats is never ever a good idea. It’s bad game design in my opinion. People don’t like bad game design, and I can only encourage everyone who is dedicated to pvp and wvw to try to prevent such changes. Think back to the arrow-cart buff, and you will get my point.

Now on to GvGs
I think without the orb removal we would have never seen the organized fights we’re able to watch almost every day of the week right now. The stat increase would make a major difference and fair fights almost impossible. The scene would take a great hit, if not deminish completely when this buff is reintroduced in its former state.
GvGs may be a small side event in the WvW game mode, but it’s becoming more and more popular, as the desire to have equal fights on the fields is growing.
A few months back we were the only (bigger) guild to not play for points but fights on our server. When I watch the guilds on our server today, I see them more and more shifting towards this playstyle.
Apart from one or maybe two servers, the point game is dead in EU. No one cares anymore, as people realised they are playing this game for fun. But playing for points isn’t fun. There is nothing to win, no bonus if you reach 200k points or come in first at the end of a matchup. It isn’t rewarding your efforts, because there is nothing to gain and it’s decided when there are no enemies around. So people are doing what they like to do, and for many players and guilds who played WvW for months the focus is moving more towards equal fights. Throwing huge stones into the direction of these players is not really helpful to improve the game itself.

That is something ArenaNet needs to acknowledge, and the discussion about orb buffs is a step in the right direction. They need to listen to the community carefully, not only in the forums but also ingame.
I would encourage the devs to log in and see what WvW is like these days (spoiler: it’s not what is was a year ago). Get in the game to get a feeling for the different servers, guilds and players and make proper adjustments based on that.

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

(edited by yiishing.9057)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You seem to have ignored the rest of that post saiyr.

Sorry, I wasn’t really sure what it was replying to.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Every server has large and small groups. How are yours so much more special than ours in terms of skill? That’s what I want to know. When you play a T3 server, do you honestly think you’re winning purely from skill and not because of a vast population and coverage advantage?

in WvW

Lanimal.6541

Hey Silent, Its hard to quantify the effects of GvG in T1 because there are so many variables that cant be measured and utilizing bias you can provide ‘scenarios’ that support both sides of the coin.

There is one thing that can definitely be predicted though about your ranting on GvG-ers; all the ‘hard work’ that you were claiming to state you and others put in about recruiting is going down the drain or sure. Its painting BG as an unsupportive community for GvG (even though its just you and I am sure the majority of the major guilds are ok with it).

Not that BG needs any guilds right now but you know how T1 works that is constantly changing with server implosions and recruitment surges. Just dont expect any more hardcore wvw guilds giving BG a serious look with your nonsensical spam in all the GvG threads.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

People have tried to recruit us before but in the end we just pick a server that has friendly people and a server that often faces servers with good guilds. We no longer car about your program and your community. We’ve done that on SFR and it was fun while it lasted and now we don’t want to repeat it because it is too meaningless and doesn’t prove anything.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

(edited by Caliban.3176)