Next Season?

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: skonietz.9418

skonietz.9418

Hello peeps!

I really enjoy WvW but as long as there is no season every map seems empty. So its only worth playing WvW during a season I guess….

Does anyone know when next WvW Season starts, so I can have fun at WvW again with a big zerg instead of only 5 people?

Thanks in advance!

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Not sure when next season will start but I would imagine it wouldn’t be for some time. If it’s anything like League of Legends seasons it will only happen once a year. I personally stopped playing this week after seeing TC was going to be in tier 1 again and won’t play again until we sink to tier 2.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

TC would steamroll the other servers in T2. Would be less funny than now.

[HUE]

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Transfer Server for the meantime, it’ll be at least 2/3 more months IMO and hopefully they’ve learned their mistakes from the past two Seasons… heh

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Transfer Server for the meantime, it’ll be at least 2/3 more months IMO and hopefully they’ve learned their mistakes from the past two Seasons… heh

you are joking, right?

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

They had better learn, with the massive drops in wvw population (at least in T1) after pushing so hard for so many weeks just to get kitten all for reward … that couldn’t even be delivered on time….

Another few seasons like that and they wont have to worry about wvw at all…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Based on my observations/conclusions each Season drives more players out of WvW. This could be simple attrition but the pre-Season numbers and post-Season numbers seem to indicate that seasons drives players out of WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Based on my observations/conclusions each Season drives more players out of WvW. This could be simple attrition but the pre-Season numbers and post-Season numbers seem to indicate that seasons drives players out of WvW.

I think it is mainly because the player-base in this game has a really low “game IQ”. I thought for sure after the S1 debacle people would learn, but nope you still had tryhards PPTing all night long (at the expense of sleep). And those same people were still shocked and outraged when:

1. Coverage still decided matches.
2. The rewards for 9 weeks of leagues were about as good as you get from running a dungeon.

I just have to laugh when I see people say “taking a break after leagues”, I mean wtf did you do that requires a break??? I would be happy to see leagues scrapped, it really brings the worst people into WvW (fairweathering AP farmers) and beyond that brings out the worst in people already normally in WvW.

Mag Server Leader

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

There is most likely going to be a next season and I cannot weather another one of those, I just don’t have it in me. With the rate that the mode’s state drives players away, I think the seasons are more for the Living Story achievement/skin hunting crowd more than anyone. No content added, no improvements, just skins and AP for the same old poorly designed kitten that players have been dealing with.

Whispers with meat.

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

t1 comedy material

all tc’s guilds would quit the game realizing how terrible they are at the game, one after the other as they get one pushed by t2 guilds half their size

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

t1 comedy material

all tc’s guilds would quit the game realizing how terrible they are at the game, one after the other as they get one pushed by t2 guilds half their size

Actually I’d bet all T2’s guilds would take the week off after complaining about the zergs that TC has. And then stating that they took time off to let TC PvD their way back to T1.

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Given zero dev attention, seasons only burn players out and in the long run decrease the WvW population.

If, on the other hand, a new BL or EB map were released from time to time (say, every 1/2 year), seasons would probably be a catalyst for increasing short and long term WvW population.

Oh well.

Next Season?

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

you are joking, right?

You can detect the sarcasm after I said heh. :P

Anyway I don’t think Seasons are completely terrible just poorly implemented, the main problem is of course that populations are not spread out enough that you get people stacking on certain Servers for the chance of better rewards thanks to the Transfer System.

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

t1 comedy material

Actually I’d bet all T2’s guilds would take the week off after complaining about the zergs that TC has. And then stating that they took time off to let TC PvD their way back to T1.

The T2 kiddies don’t seem to remember we were just fighting T2 servers in season 2 … the roflstomp was real man…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

t1 comedy material

Which was exactly what happened in Season 2...wait…

[HUE]

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Your observations are correct, seasons have been disastrous for WvW on the whole. Hopefully anet will try something different.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

No more WvW season plz. You have no idea how much effort and time and gold go’s into there when you try to organize a server and win the kitten thing.
Season are just big health killers. First few weeks its just hords of useless achievment grinders who have 0 brain power or any knollege of wvw.
If you feel that your server is dead move up or go PVE land. After season is done there are so many ppl just leaving the game because there tierd of the s… what gose on.

Next Season?

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

If its 9 weeks long and you take each of those weeks seriously then of course you will burn out. The first couple of weeks were at least somewhat exciting once you got past the queues with fights almost throughout the day.

What else is there for a Server to aim for once a Season is over?

There is no truly balanced competition format that would work with wvw in its current state though.

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

no more season pls..
from the moment that winners is the servers with night/morning coverage and is all about numbers what is teh point of seasons

the game have no balance when it comes to season-and not only- and when its over you see ppl to transfer or just take a breack/quit from the game

and about rewords…well…as long that som1 that have play only for achivments take the same reword with som1 that have spend 2-3 monts sigieng scouting and fignting non stopt hen dont see any reason for rewords..wvwvwv players play for the fun of the game..no for rewords

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Agreed, if you want T2 you should transfer. IMO TC will be T1 for awhile.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

Next Season?

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

Wouldn’t say for awhile, maybe the next 2 weeks. But with how empty our maps have been recently and with our score, not going to be long before we come play with T2! Can’t wait, I’ll start playing WvW again when that happens.

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

next season should start on September-October ( after the gw2 birthday pve content ) and last in spring of 2015 .all servers will play with all and in every match the servers will change their color .all servers should play equal times with all and with all combinations .

all will start with zero points and home borderlands ( not uplevel characters allowed enter to prevent spies and mor-rons ) will be opened only in prime time for 3 hours like eotm’s time window . the eb /eotm will be open 24/7 as now …. rip the leagues categories . all servers are equals if they have not so many maps to fill with players .

also the mobs and the keeps will have same like eotm hp/toughness and level and the same rewards ….

rewards from season will be account based and not server based ….. more you played more rewards you will gain from season result …. that means even in the last server the rewards from season for a player that accomplished same missions ( missions / captures / defenses / player-npc kills ) will have equal rewards with a player from the first server , the only difference will be only achievements points ( reward every week . so total reward after season will be better for first , then second ..etc ) + dollies – miniatures / cosmetic items

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Season? What’s that? Never heard of it.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Given zero dev attention, seasons only burn players out and in the long run decrease the WvW population.

If, on the other hand, a new BL or EB map were released from time to time (say, every 1/2 year), seasons would probably be a catalyst for increasing short and long term WvW population.

Oh well.

This. Seasons aren’t the problem. If anything seasons could make wvw very exciting. The problem is zero attention from the devs. New maps? Revamped game mechanics to fix “coverage always wins”? Any updates? A simple forum reply? Anything? Without any of this servers go ham during seasons and burn themselves out because post seasons it’s the same exact thing, week in and week out. I personally just use wvw as a glorified deathmatch arena, very rarely ppt, just kitten around and look for good 1v1’s and such, so i’m still having fun lol.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Spvp like reward system and i will be ok with S3.
Repeatable achis, titles, rewards… <3 less server and more personal pls

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Oh well.

This. Seasons aren’t the problem. If anything seasons could make wvw very exciting. The problem is zero attention from the devs. New maps? Revamped game mechanics to fix “coverage always wins”? Any updates? A simple forum reply? Anything? Without any of this servers go ham during seasons and burn themselves out because post seasons it’s the same exact thing, week in and week out. I personally just use wvw as a glorified deathmatch arena, very rarely ppt, just kitten around and look for good 1v1’s and such, so i’m still having fun lol.

The Seasons idea may not be the root problem but it sure does compound them. Without a major overhaul of WvWvW, I don’t think there any possible rewards implementations that wouldn’t work in the same lopsided manner as PPT since whatever the smaller server can do, a bigger server can do better.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I don’t know what’s going on at Anet but you can’t tout a game mode as being intentionally imbalanced and then try turning it into a sport.

Whispers with meat.

Next Season?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Wouldn’t say for awhile, maybe the next 2 weeks. But with how empty our maps have been recently and with our score, not going to be long before we come play with T2! Can’t wait, I’ll start playing WvW again when that happens.

there is literally a 180 glicko gap between TC and SOS. You’re going to be t1 for a while

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Next Season?

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

there is literally a 180 glicko gap between TC and SOS. You’re going to be t1 for a while

Not with the little turn out were having, sorry but mama’s comin home to roost T2 get ready and enjoy! lol