No more WvW content added?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Q:

What is happening to WvW support? No content at all has been added since EOTM.
We were promised updates for PPT WvW based on the EOTM feedback (in the EOTM feedback thread that had thousands of replies). We were also promised new traps when they were first released. EOTM doesn’t count for PPT therefore it has turned into a farming festival.

Megaservers have removed sense of a server community (and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, the game is Guild Wars not Server Wars), yet the WvW gamemode remains server based instead of being guild based.

Since then nothing at all, no comments or announcements from the developers. Have you given up on supporting competitive multiplayer?

Meanwhile we are enjoying the nice new PvE content but how can you not see that there is a competitive counterpart missing?

How about a first Guild versus Guild map that take place in the small area around the moving sand?

in WvW

Posted by: Eight O Eight.8257

Eight O Eight.8257

It’s a zerg. Nothing more. Therefore nothing more is needed. “Working as intended.”

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, do you know how much warning we had for Fractals before they were introduced? None. Not a word. they came out of nowhere. No one expected them. No one thought they were coming. We were blown away.

Many of the updates in the game had no fanfare at all, and even the living story now gets a brief trailer 1 week before it comes out.

I hardly think that you not being told anything is indicative of no one working on anything.

Anet isn’t going to tell you or promise you anything, because they try things that might not work. And some people will tell you some of the stuff they try doesn’t work for them.

So before they announce anything, they work on stuff. Silently. In the background.

You won’t know it’s coming until it’s almost out. Which doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on.

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

OP, do you know how much warning we had for Fractals before they were introduced? None. Not a word. they came out of nowhere. No one expected them. No one thought they were coming. We were blown away.

Many of the updates in the game had no fanfare at all, and even the living story now gets a brief trailer 1 week before it comes out.

I hardly think that you not being told anything is indicative of no one working on anything.

Anet isn’t going to tell you or promise you anything, because they try things that might not work. And some people will tell you some of the stuff they try doesn’t work for them.

So before they announce anything, they work on stuff. Silently. In the background.

You won’t know it’s coming until it’s almost out. Which doesn’t mean it’s not being worked on.

We had warning of fractals, like 2 weeks before Colin said in a livestream they were adding a new zone and dungeon. People were blown away because they also dropped the ascended bomb…many people quit and they tarnished their public image. That was also only a few months after release so no doubt the warning time on content would be lower. Most of the time we have 1-2 weeks notice on major things, which is frankly poor communication. A lot of bad things they’ve implemented could have been stopped, changed, or put on hold had they given us the information long in advance. Although on the other hand when they do give us the info in advance(see the class balance preview) they still ignore 99.9% of logical criticisms.

Now keeping story content under wraps is one thing, but WvW is another. We knew about EotM long before it was officially released, it had to be beta-tested by selected guilds. WvW stuff needs tested thoroughly, us not knowing now means nothing is on the way for at least 3 months. The sad fact is ArenaNet has focused purely on LS and left WvW, SPvP, and dungeons to languish in stagnation.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We had warning of fractals, like 2 weeks before Colin said in a livestream they were adding a new zone and dungeon. People were blown away because they also dropped the ascended bomb…many people quit and they tarnished their public image. That was also only a few months after release so no doubt the warning time on content would be lower. Most of the time we have 1-2 weeks notice on major things, which is frankly poor communication. A lot of bad things they’ve implemented could have been stopped, changed, or put on hold had they given us the information long in advance. Although on the other hand when they do give us the info in advance(see the class balance preview) they still ignore 99.9% of logical criticisms.

Now keeping story content under wraps is one thing, but WvW is another. We knew about EotM long before it was officially released, it had to be beta-tested by selected guilds. WvW stuff needs tested thoroughly, us not knowing now means nothing is on the way for at least 3 months. The sad fact is ArenaNet has focused purely on LS and left WvW, SPvP, and dungeons to languish in stagnation.

Doesn’t change anything about what I said. The OP is suggesting none of this stuff is being worked on. If it was coming in 2 weeks, it would have been worked on for months. We simply wouldn’t hear about it.

That’s my point.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Past history of dev attitude towards WvW tells us it’s not being worked on.

in WvW

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

I don’t think you understand how game development works pal.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I don’t think you understand how game development works pal.

When it’s a current game which is losing player due to poor communication and lack of updates, you want to communicate and inform them of any updates which may be coming soon.

You dont just stay silent and close threads and then hope if you ever do release a major update that those players who have left will come flooding back.
Half of those who have left, wont come back as they have moved on, of the half who do come back, half of those wont like the updates and go back to other games; so that means the game loses up to 75% of those players.

As said, anet should have listen to us and kept us updated, and themselves updated with our replies. They havent and the game has gone downhill.
We players can only voice our opinion here, but if the devs refuse to check here regularly, our opinions will continue to go unheard.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Doesn’t change anything about what I said. The OP is suggesting none of this stuff is being worked on. If it was coming in 2 weeks, it would have been worked on for months. We simply wouldn’t hear about it.

That’s my point.

Actually no, this is not PvE content, this is pure competitive gameplay. In the past, ANet has generally been very apt about vague comments but at least nods that it’s being worked on like they have with Bloodlust, working on a solution to deal with people going into wvw to do finish achievements at the expense of the server, and so on.

But it goes beyond simply not giving the public some insight into the direction they’re going with their content. They are doing so without really looking into what the public likes or wants. Just take a look at the past four months in the wvw section. It’s been very bare on discussion with ANet’s PR personal, let alone the Devs.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Actually no, this is not PvE content, this is pure competitive gameplay. In the past, ANet has generally been very apt about vague comments but at least nods that it’s being worked on like they have with Bloodlust, working on a solution to deal with people going into wvw to do finish achievements at the expense of the server, and so on.

But it goes beyond simply not giving the public some insight into the direction they’re going with their content. They are doing so without really looking into what the public likes or wants. Just take a look at the past four months in the wvw section. It’s been very bare on discussion with ANet’s PR personal, let alone the Devs.

That sums up my feeling about it. I am really worried (so are my GW friends) that no content is being worked on at all for WvW, considering that last dev. comment of “it takes over a year to do a single map” and that after that we do not seem to be remotely close to a beta testing phase.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Lack of on-going communication on the WvW forum is a legitimate concern, given the experience of WvW players on this forum for the past year at least, including the situations with CDI, questions about map creation and the handling of Wexp.

Numerous threads out here raising concern about this issue have gone unaddressed long enough to create player apathy. (For example: see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Why-arn-t-people-angrier/first#post4141187)

There are other, older threads which directly raise the concern about lack of communication. (example: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Our-Community-1/page/2#post3935041)

and (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Community-Engagement/first#post3884148)

Those are just a few examples.

Xillllix, I share your concern (as do my guildmates), as WvW is all that is keeping us with GW2 at the moment. We have already subscribed to another game for PvE (moving our dollars there) and CU is due out in 2015. Would love to think that ANet is planning surprise announcements to coincide with GW2’s 2-year anniversary. Given that ANet typically teases new content and is not right now, I don’t expect new WvW content this year. I’d love to be wrong.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

What I don’t understand is how we’ve complained pretty much non-stop for a year now that these 6 month balance patches aren’t working and ANet is destroying their playerbase by doing it.

They’ve acknowledged as much that their patches are too infrequent and they want to get stuff to us sooner, but here we are… pushing toward that 6 month timeframe again.

We need another high level overview of what kinds of things are being looked at, the direction things are going, and some kind of general timeline to indicate we won’t be here come Christmas still complaining about the same old things.

Especially after that last class overview thing they did which effectively told everyone to reroll Guardian or Warrior if you plan to play this game for an extended period of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

With the release in China WvW fell one more notch in their priority list and it shows.

My suggestion is to take this update lull and try other games. I would start with Left for Dead 2 and Divinity Original Sin… both great co-op games.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Well I wanted to keep this thread away from the “go play another game”… That will happen eventually, it’s just a matter of time.

All I would like is for an Anet dev to confirm they are preparing something and give us a timeline for future WvW development.

Considering all the gem store purchases most of us have made I think it’s normal we have some high expectations for the new competitive endgame content releases. WvW players have invested money into this game too to get all the gem stuff and all we are getting is PvE content.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I honestly think they’re more excited to work on the likes of the Living story rather than WvW, pvp and dungeons. Probably because its more creative than working on the former, at least that’s what they think.

The problem with that is, I believe most people don’t even care about the story to begin with. They just want the achievements as fast as they can get then simply go back to whatever farming method they were prior to the update. Dry top I noticed was a ghost town about a week after it was introduced. If that doesn’t tell them that people generally don’t care, then I don’t know what will.

in WvW

Posted by: Mukk.3402

Mukk.3402

I honestly think they’re more excited to work on the likes of the Living story rather than WvW, pvp and dungeons. Probably because its more creative than working on the former, at least that’s what they think.

The problem with that is, I believe most people don’t even care about the story to begin with. They just want the achievements as fast as they can get then simply go back to whatever farming method they were prior to the update. Dry top I noticed was a ghost town about a week after it was introduced. If that doesn’t tell them that people generally don’t care, then I don’t know what will.

This has been my sentiment on the subject. The new LS is nice for all of 30 minutes, then I realize I’m PvE’ing in a zone the size of a closet, get claustrophobic and then WP out to return to what I was farming before hand. I like lore and story and feeling connected with the game I’m playing, but I’d prefer updates to the actual playing of the game rather than throwing new lore and masks over the old stuff.

I returned a little over a month ago from a ~8 month hiatus and am thoroughly enjoying relearning the game and the new things they’ve added. But the reason I left the first time was because I got burned out playing the same WvW over and over and over. I realized I was running from the same keep to the same tower to the same keep over and over. And over. And over. The few times I’ve set foot back into WvW it has felt exactly the same as it did before. Maybe they can move part of this living story into the WvW maps somehow? Would be pretty neat imo. Have a dragon or something randomly lay siege to stonemist while the 3 servers battle each other around it’s feet for control of both the keep and the dragon’s shiny loot. Anything. But I doubt they’re pushing something like that any time soon.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

You would think that this thread or the getting stuck in the ground 10 times a day bug (issue known as the “/sit bug”) in WvW maps would be worth a dev reply.