Nothing new coming to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Is it true that nothing is coming to WvW til maybe febuary or march of next year with EOTM?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Call Devon up when he gets back from holiday in February and ask him?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Nothing new means nothing poorly implemented as well. Good to look on the positive side of things.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Nothing new means nothing poorly implemented as well. Good to look on the positive side of things.

Because the stuff that does get implemented gets implemented so well?? What game have you been playing?

To be honest, the only positive thing I see on the horizon is EOTM … and I’m half guessing lots of us will never see it at all if it comes out after April 4.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

A lot of people have seen it. In fact, they invited 2000 guilds just a few weeks ago to alpha test it.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

Because the stuff that does get implemented gets implemented so well?? What game have you been playing?

To be honest, the only positive thing I see on the horizon is EOTM … and I’m half guessing lots of us will never see it at all if it comes out after April 4.

I could be wrong, but I believe you misread the intent of the post you quoted.

I took it as the implemented stuffs, well lets be honest here and say since Alpha testing, have been implemented in a manor beneath which Anet should strive for at an absolute minimum, but rather than looking at it like that, they were choosing to look at from the other side, which is the nothing new, so nothing poorly implemented again side of the things.

(edited by juicifruitz.6251)

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

If “new” stuff means “PVE” stuff the wait can go on indefinitely IMO

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Gw2 will be dead by the time devon gets back off his holiday, The state he has left WvW in he deserves be joning the dole queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I suspect we will see a light patch in January and a big one on Feb/March. WvW is very playable without any changes. I know a lot are eager to get WxP levels combined (certainly me) but lets all chill and project some of the holiday spirit.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: The Clague.4765

The Clague.4765

Gw2 will be dead by the time devon gets back off his holiday, The state he has left WvW in he deserves be joning the dole queue.

I for one, and the large number of people I play with, love the format and will happily play it for a long time just as it is.

Solo / small group roaming = great fun
Taking towers / keeps = fun but can be too easy
Defending towers / keeps = fun but can be too hard
Zerg fights = great fun

If you don’t like any of those components then why are you playing it? I am pretty sure that when February comes that WvW will be just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I for one, and the large number of people I play with, love the format and will happily play it for a long time just as it is.

Zerg fights = great fun

If you don’t like any of those components then why are you playing it? I am pretty sure that when February comes that WvW will be just fine.

I doubt that.

At some point fun isn’t enough to keep a game going because something new and shiny will be more fun. GW2 has been riding the ‘nothing else out there worth playing’ niche for a long time now. WvW hasn’t changed since launch. Sure we have WXP now, but has that changed the game at all? Most players go for the same 2 bonuses as it is.

The whole game needs an update. Not just WvW. If a new player started the game today, they’d see the exact same thing you did when you started a year ago because even in PvE, all changes have been temporary.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Zerg fights = great fun

1. We’ve been playing the same maps and using the same skills for over a year now.
  2. The Ascended grind is getting worse and worse — I personally think we’ll see infusion slots with higher and higher stats as the next phase of vertical grind.
  3. Playing alts/new builds is highly discouraged because of the gear grind.
  4. The only new stuff we have to look forward to are EoTM (which I personally see as another advertisement for the failed sPvP — the first being the ruins) and account bound WXP; both coming at some nebulous time in the future.
  5. There has been no indication that Anet intends to put any more effort into improving WvW.
  6. The fact that nothing big is in the works to counter the new MMO coming out in April indicates to me that Anet is pretty much giving up on WvW.

In short, WvW is getting stale and Anet doesn’t seem to care.

(Why we don’t already have one alternate BL and one alternate EB map over a year after launch, I have no idea.)

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

(Why we don’t already have one alternate BL and one alternate EB map over a year after launch, I have no idea.)

There is one, you just can’t play it yet…
Personally I wont be playing WvW much until the Edge map comes out and it seems I’m not the only one, my server score reflects this disinterest, we are playing against 2 interesting servers and the larger fights in like in the early-season are almost non-existant beside on reset nights.

When hardcore WvWers prefer to do Fractals or PvP duels you know WvW is in a bad spot.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I took it as the implemented stuffs, well lets be honest here and say since Alpha testing, have been implemented in a manor beneath which Anet should strive for at an absolute minimum, but rather than looking at it like that, they were choosing to look at from the other side, which is the nothing new, so nothing poorly implemented again side of the things.

OK … I’ll buy that. I think I probably read his post too quickly the first time through.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Zerg fights = great fun

1. We’ve been playing the same maps and using the same skills for over a year now.
  2. The Ascended grind is getting worse and worse — I personally think we’ll see infusion slots with higher and higher stats as the next phase of vertical grind.
  3. Playing alts/new builds is highly discouraged because of the gear grind.
  4. The only new stuff we have to look forward to are EoTM (which I personally see as another advertisement for the failed sPvP — the first being the ruins) and account bound WXP; both coming at some nebulous time in the future.
  5. There has been no indication that Anet intends to put any more effort into improving WvW.
  6. The fact that nothing big is in the works to counter the new MMO coming out in April indicates to me that Anet is pretty much giving up on WvW.

In short, WvW is getting stale and Anet doesn’t seem to care.

1. Same skills: This is pretty standard. Nothing to see here
2. Gear grind: This is pretty standard, and less so than in any other game I’ve played. Nothing to see here.
3. Alts/New builds: Once again pretty standard, but less cookie cutter than many other game. Nothing to see here.
4. New features: Yeah the changes have been very incremental, but they have been there. Some merit here.
5. W3 effort on Anet’s part: Small effort. Some things still wonky. Some things just not very rewarding or fun. Some merit here.
6. New MMO: From what I’ve seen and heard from people in the beta for one of them it won’t be a huge competitor for W3 people. There is always a shiny new MMO coming out. Doom and gloom runs high every time a new release hits, but honestly the two that are coming out soon don’t look as appealing to me or my guildies as they do to PvEers. Some population loss will occur, and then GW2 will get some of that loss back. It’s the nature of the genre.

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

OK … I’ll buy that. I think I probably read his post too quickly the first time through.

Yes my point was that when they do add stuff, it is poorly done.

in WvW

Colly.4073

Zerg fights = great fun

I doubt that.

At some point fun isn’t enough to keep a game going because something new and shiny will be more fun. GW2 has been riding the ‘nothing else out there worth playing’ niche for a long time now. WvW hasn’t changed since launch. Sure we have WXP now, but has that changed the game at all? Most players go for the same 2 bonuses as it is.

The whole game needs an update. Not just WvW. If a new player started the game today, they’d see the exact same thing you did when you started a year ago because even in PvE, all changes have been temporary.

Well i’m glad for you that your enjoying it but for many many others it’s becoming very stale and repetitive. We have been fighting the same Match up now for 5 weeks running. The ascended grind is a joke, There is a growing number of individuals using exploits and nothing gets done.

Tell me the same in another 6 months time.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This. I would take nothing over them because themselves and adding something that is unwanted and bugged riddled with issues and balance problems.

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

6. New MMO: From what I’ve seen and heard from people in the beta for one of them it won’t be a huge competitor for W3 people. There is always a shiny new MMO coming out. Doom and gloom runs high every time a new release hits, but honestly the two that are coming out soon don’t look as appealing to me or my guildies as they do to PvEers. Some population loss will occur, and then GW2 will get some of that loss back. It’s the nature of the genre.

I think the timing of EoTM as being a bit co-incidental for there to be no expected impact of the new games due out this spring. I do not think it is doom and gloom for the game, but impacting yes. Also PvE’ers make up a big part of this game’s population and let’s be honest the PvE in this game is… well kinda boring.

I have fun playing small group effort every night my guild is around to play. I have fun because my guild is made up of great people and we do a lot of fighting. That said the game is not challenging and it rewards horrible play. I think zergs are important, but this game designed WvW to cater to the extremely casual and now we have an extremely skill-less and uncompetitive population.

New games may not be all that different, but they cant be any worse and they offer a new game systems/classes to master if nothing else.

in WvW

Colly.4073

I think the timing of EoTM as being a bit co-incidental for there to be no expected impact of the new games due out this spring. I do not think it is doom and gloom for the game, but impacting yes. Also PvE’ers make up a big part of this game’s population and let’s be honest the PvE in this game is… well kinda boring.

I have fun playing small group effort every night my guild is around to play. I have fun because my guild is made up of great people and we do a lot of fighting. That said the game is not challenging and it rewards horrible play. I think zergs are important, but this game designed WvW to cater to the extremely casual and now we have an extremely skill-less and uncompetitive population.

New games may not be all that different, but they cant be any worse and they offer a new game systems/classes to master if nothing else.

It’s going to take a lot more than EoTM to save Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It’s going to take a lot more than EoTM to save Gw2.

EOTm + Act wide WXP + possible announcement of league season 2

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

EOTm + Act wide WXP + possible announcement of league season 2

No where near enough. Account Wide WXP should have been from the start. League season 2 is inevitability, everyone knows it WILL happen. What we need to see

1) Bug fixes
2) Issue fixes
3) Class Balances

Before anything else, then get onto new skills, more weapon load outs for classes and such. As it is, Guild Wars 2 isnt surviving because its amazing, its surviving because little else out that hasn’t been played to death.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

EotM is not designed with hardcore WvWers in mind. It’s a strategy-less overflow map for random zergs. It will solve nothing for the people who attend these forums and are reading this post.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)