Now this is what WvW should be.........

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I am from FA, we are in a battle with SOS and YB. For the Last month or so we have been just steam rolled. No chance, and it was just pointless to even play.

This week, We got SO lucky. Fighting SOS and YB at the same time has been of the greatest weeks that I can remember in I don’t know how long. The Score is SUPER tight between all three of us, the battles have been GREAT. Won some, Lost some.

I myself don’t even care what place we get, just having the fights that could go either way, and not being steam rolled all the time is so worth it.

Anet why can’t it be this way all the time?? To SoS and YB, you guys are AWESOME!!! Thank you SO very much for such a great time, and great battles. This is one match up I for sure would love to have for the next month!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Hello there!

I’m from the YB side and I can say that a lot of us are enjoying this match equally as much. There’s been some fun fights involving both SoS and FA. Tier 2 seems to be a great place to be if our first match in this tier is anything to go by. =)

Thanks to everyone involved. Keep bringing the fun (and bags :o hehe.)

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Tournament is over right? I think the match is just closer because half of SOS are taking a break…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Levi.3690

Levi.3690

Hello!

I’m from SoS and it’s been fun watching the war score. It’s quite a nail biter!

I was excited when FA first came back to T2, and even more so when YB arrived. You guys don’t disappoint! I don’t quite think that many of our population is taking a break, it’s just FA and YB both fight hard. It’s been a while since we’ve had a match where two servers are breathing down our necks.

T2 for best tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

T2 still has a long ways to go. Unless YB sheds its PPT-centric meta and actually thinks “fight first, siege second” rather than the latter first, T2 will just become the mini-T1. SG’s transfer from JQ definitely won’t help. If YB blobbed before, they’ll be blobbing even worse now. Let’s hope PAL and TC rub off on the rest of YB.

As for SoS, it’s only a matter of time until YB’s NA stops staying up through OCX that their OCX pugs start ktraining all the BLs again. The same thing happened when FA first went T2. Close match, lots of people out there, mega PPTing and blobs everywhere. Then FA stopped overtiming, SoS starting mass recruiting, and we saw the real balance of the tier.

Give it a couple weeks.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

YB is the current counter balance in this tier and I am as surprised as anyone. The YB “zerg” still gets crushed by the more experienced FA/SoS commanders in open field but YB is strong on defense and coordination which is clearly making them a tougher than expected target.

I don’t think YB is strong enough to hold off a full assault from both sides. However YB is strong enough to hit a server hard when they are pushing the other side. Basically nobody can roll across a map with impunity which is how it should be. GW2 should encourage this counter balance style of play. It is a lot of fun for sure.

T2 could be the next old T2 in terms of a great place to find great fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

For some reason I was thinking a picture of TESO WvW was going to be on this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

YB here having fun too.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

Basically nobody can roll across a map with impunity which is how it should be. GW2 should encourage this counter balance style of play. It is a lot of fun for sure.

T2 could be the next old T2 in terms of a great place to find great fights.

Don’t know what you’re smoking, but SoS’s OCX can still roll across a map with impunity. Sure, they’ve been softened some due to YB’s NA crew high on their rise to T2 overtiming to PPT for the win, but once they start sleeping decently, that OCX will retake its place as ktrain masters. They won’t be ticking 600 like when Mag was in the matchup, sure, but they’ll be 400+ undoubtedly. Just give it time.

In any case, most FA won’t be putting in any more hours than usual, so don’t expect us to pull overtime to pull an empty PPT win. We’ll stick to victory by bags, thank you very much.

I just hope that more YB guilds might form to give us the fights we crave. Thus far, only PAL, TC, and SG seem to give that. Every other group is a pug blob or havoc. YB is simply too much of a pug server to give T2 what it needs: guild play.

Considering most of its WvWers are in FoW, LOOT, or PoV, who don’t run organized rallies or run together beyond a 5-man party to cap camps, there’s little chance of YB as a server developing a guild-centric culture. All of its future organized guilds are going to be imports, unless the three aforementioned guilds splinter into more organized crews. And somehow I doubt that.

Also, the OP is the guy who complained about the lopsided matches with TC and JQ a few weeks back, when pretty much all of FA’s community was having a blast farming the T1 blobs. Suffice it to say, he’s out of touch with FA in general. My money says he’s not even on our forums. Get on it, friend: www.fort-aspenwood.com.

FA

(edited by Basch.1347)

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

With the way FA people are talking in this thread I won’t be surprised if they become the next Maguuma who only played for fights and not PPT. In an ideal scenario, you need both to survive in a particular tier. YB has a good mix of both although we play to win every match and will continue to do so.

On topic, I can assure that my server mates are having a blast out there.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

YB has been bringing it SUPER hard at us on FA and on SOS. They both been fighting super smart. If our zerg happens to be bigger, they simply hit our bl and take stuff. YB has not been camping near like they used to. They been getting out and bringing some great fights.
OMG, we on FA took SM, first we fight off SOS zerg, then turn around and fighting YB zerg, this went on for close to a hour. It was awesome.

YB was able to cap SOS keep, We on FA could never do it. So no, There is no legit excuse why one server is not dominating the other. All three sides have been bringing it super hard, and fighting the great fight. Its funny, when one side see’s the other two sides going at it, you can be sure they will use that to there advantage and go grab something. So what do you do, give up the fight and defend, or collect bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

It used to be like this way back. Match ups weere more equal and there wasn’t as much snowballing (of course there was, but not as much).

Few reason why it was so:
- Game was new and there was a lot of people on every server or at least the population was more spread around
- The matchmaking system was very simple, you were bidded against others by your rank, and your rank only, no RNG

There was also couple downsides to this. Such as, same matchups over and over and over. Ranks weren’t changing much, you had to win with a big margin and hope someone was getting rekt if you wanted to go up in ladder. If there was a server “exodus” ( as in lot of people left the server in a short time span ), it took a server a long long time to get somewhere around their respective rank and there was a lot of threads about how some server had to take beating for months to have a decent fight.

So yea, there used to be way more balanced matches and they were a lot of fun, but could get boring after a while because you were pretty much fighting the same 2-3 servers for months. Also if something happened to your server WvW population suddenly, it could mean months of beating in the balls.

BUT. Enjoy guys, I hope it will be super awesome match up for the rest of the week as well and good luck with next week as well!

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: TheBHSP.8952

TheBHSP.8952

Push YB down and get CD up for better fights. All YB gives is ACs and ballistas.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I am very happy for you guys!
I hope this could be across the board and not for just 1 week, though…

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

Push YB down and get CD up for better fights. All YB gives is ACs and ballistas.

Translation: So that we can PvD/karma train CD the whole night during OCX.

Btw, which server are you from FA/SoS?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

T3 is also much more fun with Mag than YB. So many 3-ways last night in EBG.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Looks like fun. And Mag dropping down is turning into a good match in T3 too.

Regarding the PPT vs. Fights people, when will you all realize you need both?

You can’t just have fights people – because its never going to work. Someone will start PPTing and then the “fights” will have to start PPTing to stay in the tier. But they won’t like that so they will lose interest and quit and then you have mass exodus.

Better to have both on each server so that the fights people can fight and the PPT people can PPT and keep everything in harmony.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ya I love it, but you have to admit this is possible only because people complained on the forum about server balance and servers being full (even if empty in WvW). Now the servers are open and players are balancing the game for Anet.

Enjoy it while it last.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Regarding the PPT vs. Fights people, when will you all realize you need both?

It was the same ole story in DAoC as well with the 8v8 crowd vs the casual zerg. They would rail against each other and their chosen play-styles and could never accept that RvR would become stagnant and boring without a mix of everything in the pot. Anytime a faction managed to purge itself to be strictly one or the other (see Lamorak) things went to pieces very quickly.

The reason RvR and to a lesser degree WvW work as a long term PvP mode is not knowing what you might find out there and having to be prepared for everything. It makes the game play more enjoyable for a lot longer so the more different kinds of play-styles that can be supported in one place the more varied the experiences and the longer it takes to get bored. That is also why too much build meta is bad, m’kay ><

Anyways, happy to hear t2 & t3 are getting awesome fights now even if it costs JQ dearly in the loss of SG. /goes off to cry alone in a corner

I hope this means t1 is ready to go into de-stack mode for a change and a few more guilds of consequence start making moves down the ladder in the name of balance. Imagine a season where no one knows who will be in the top 3? Now that sounds like fun.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

FA has always recognized the value of and welcomed all the playstyles. We are not Maguuma, sorry. We’re “old school T2”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Tournament is over right? I think the match is just closer because half of SOS are taking a break…

This is happening all over, really. Take a look at the NA T1 Matchup, for instance; dat parity! Less than 10k between each server, and it’s already Wednesday! During Season, pretty much every match was decided by Monday already.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I really hope this keeps up, but I have a feeling SoS is taking a week off and YB is pulling overtime due to the excitement of putting up a fight in a new tier. I think in 2 weeks we’re going to have less balance.

Whatever happens it’s at least better than it has been.

in WvW

Liston.9708

I really hope this keeps up, but I have a feeling SoS is taking a week off and YB is pulling overtime due to the excitement of putting up a fight in a new tier. I think in 2 weeks we’re going to have less balance.

Whatever happens it’s at least better than it has been.

Only time will tell, but let’s face it many thought YB would get steam rolled. Win-lose-draw, that didn’t happen week 1 of T2. I did play maybe an hour or so later a few times, but not because of the score – it was simply fun fighting people at the time and not doors…

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Sure, YBs population is like 40% higher than it was last time FA faced them. I just hope that’s real population and not people staying up late chasing SoSs score, I don’t want another Maguuma situation in three weeks. Right now all 3 servers are in a relatively perfect balance.

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

We are different from Maguuma in the sense we care about PPT (defending structures till tick, capping structures just before tick, etc) and will always do
And no, although some are insomniacs I highly doubt Yaks are sacrificing their sleep to win this and we don’t have the usual PvE’ers we had during season. Many guilds such as TC, PAL, SG are actually enjoying fights in this tier.

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Not to be a Debbie downer but didn’t the same thing happen when FA came up to T2 after S2? There was that one close week and then everything went back to SoS running away with the score? Hopefully, things will be different this time though. YB looks like a stable server for T2 since they seem to have a healthy appreciation for ppt and fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Not to be a Debbie downer but didn’t the same thing happen when FA came up to T2 after S2? There was that one close week and then everything went back to SoS running away with the score? Hopefully, things will be different this time though. YB looks like a stable server for T2 since they seem to have a healthy appreciation for ppt and fights.

Yes, basically. Couple that with some SoS commanders saying they are going to focus on FA during this match, essentially leaving YB unharrassed by SoS for the most part, so that YB can leech rating off SoS. I just hope YB will continue to put up the fight they are putting up when SoS starts playing normally.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

SoS are losing a few guilds iirc

And some guilds are getting bigger… There is a lot of recruitment going on SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

There’s some encouraging signs that YB might stabilise in T2;

We’re not PPTing very hard at all right now, not like seasons;
We gained a significant guild in SG;
There’s a fair few regulars taking a break right now;
We got a fair few individual transfers during seasons that still turn out. this includes OCX;
Our few ‘for fights’ guilds are having a blast.

Throw in the fact that by all reports SoS lost OCX guilds, making the tier more competitive.

I doubt T3 has any servers to replace YB at this point, population wise.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

SoS has lost their ocx raiding guilds to BG, not that they raided much in the last few months supposedly, how much population goes with them or how much that affects ppt overnight who knows, but I haven’t been waking up and seeing a 10k lead tacked on our score this week. Our sea is also weaker, our eu is the weakest as usual, NA is more about fights than anything, so things are balancing out coverage wise.

Don’t know if SoS is on break, there was no reason to do overtime during seasons, YB may also be on a high this week, who knows but them. It’s been a nice match this week, even though at times I’ve been in ebg this week it seems like YB doesn’t know that the FA side exist. XD

YB has also done a great job holding their garri and ebg keeps, but I don’t know how hard SoS has tried to push them as I’ve heard a couple commanders not wanting to hit YB, I guess to help them settle into T2, but we’ll see what happens next week.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Everyone I roll with on SoS has thoroughly enjoyed this match-up thus far.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

We got a fair few individual transfers during seasons that still turn out. this includes OCX;

Throw in the fact that by all reports SoS lost OCX guilds, making the tier more competitive.

SG was never a significant anything, all hype, they could never manage more than a dozen guildies and none were effective enough to win either the pvd ppt ocx/sea time slot or in open field. To me they are the epitome of the cliche “Johnny Come Lately” Coat Tail Rider.

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

That has not been my experience with SG.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Liston.9708

SG was never a significant anything, all hype, they could never manage more than a dozen guildies and none were effective enough to win either the pvd ppt ocx/sea time slot or in open field. To me they are the epitome of the cliche “Johnny Come Lately” Coat Tail Rider.

Significant for us. Anyone I see everyday AND is willing to lead pugs is significant.

(edited by Liston.9708)

in WvW

Posted by: therealjaypo.1690

therealjaypo.1690

You do realize SG is NA PST, not OCX/SEA, right?

[SG] I’m here because I was in the comic book

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Funny, Coat Tail Rider is an apt term for describing transfers to BG.

My experience facing off against SG on JQ was that they were very important during their time slot… significant as in one of JQ’s best guilds. Nothing at all what you described. Sour grapes maybe?

From what I’ve heard this is their first transfer so they are not a server hopper at all. Sounds to me like a win-win for both SG and YB.

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I missed this whole week because my power supply died. Very uncool lol

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Liston.9708

I missed this whole week because my power supply died. Very uncool lol

Or cool – no power = no heat = cool ????