OMG help me choose!

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

ok, so i’m stressing about which char to pick as my main for wvw.

I have levelled, and geared with exoits.

Warrior 80
thief 80
guardian 80
Mesmer 80

so far, im pondering the most over warrior and thief.

anyone able to give me some in sight into these two for wvw?

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Depend solo then probably thief, big zerg some off the other classes

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Direwind.8409

true, but then warrior is just as roamable, they deal like 10x the damage too, they can also fly across a map with two skills..

but then the thief can perma stealth and escape, also can deal hugh numbers but need to position, but can keep a player off balances..

ARRGGHH I cant choose. and I cant really play two either.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Test, I started with Engineer but got so tired off dying before you even saw the enemy so I switch to Guard.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Just take them all in and see which one you have the most success and fun with.

I have Necro,Warrior,Guardian,Thief,Ranger,Engineer.And enjoy my Necro and Ranger the most.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

They are all fun in their own ways.

Warriors are fun because they are OP with certain builds.
Thief is fun because you pick almost all your fights.
Guardian is fun because you’re very hard to kill + helping others a lot.
Mesmer is fun because you’ve go so many little tricks and builds.

But pick what you play the most.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Direwind.8409

its hard to choose, because im not the best of players, so I fail with each of them, then whine that the class killed me is overpowerd :@ lol.

but I seem to do well with a warrior, but I die a lot less with thief.. but I find thief hard to kill with because people are trained to fight them… but warrior is always in plane sight and you cant always get away with cheese skills.

gawwd..

could you guys post videos that you may have lying around of your class the way its meant to be played? haha

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Whichever you have the most fun playing. You’ll gain more skill with that class from experience, reading (ask in that class’s forum), and watching videos (youtube/twitch).

A class might be stronger for a specific role, but who cares if you’re not having any fun with it. Remember… it’s a game ^^

I don’t have any videos of myself as my computer isn’t good enough to handle GW2 WvW + recording : / Try watching some people play streaming on twitch or videos with commentary on youtube.

Test, I started with Engineer but got so tired off dying before you even saw the enemy so I switch to Guard.

I die just as frequently/infrequently with eng as I do guard. It’s not about being the beefiest tank with high dps on Eng. Eng has a lot of little tricks they can pull out of their sleeves to suit just about any situation It takes a very different play-style which I find highly enjoyable and is one of the big reasons that Eng is my fav WvW/PvP class ^^

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Direwind.8409

I mean the thief is sweet, but I cant always get the position to backstab, some times im hitting them and it misses because the range is so small, or I hit a backstab but the server is slow and it doesn’t do the burst damage.

Warrior are so versatile and can deal more burst dps than a thief, its easy to get off too.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

I mean the thief is sweet, but I cant always get the position to backstab, some times im hitting them and it misses because the range is so small, or I hit a backstab but the server is slow and it doesn’t do the burst damage.

Warrior are so versatile and can deal more burst dps than a thief, its easy to get off too.

Against a good player you’ll be hard pressed to get in a backstab. Some classes make it nearly impossible (Ex. Eng). You could try sword/dagger thief which will immobilize them before you go around to hit them from behind with the daze (or just aa them while they are rooted).

Overall though it sounds like you enjoy warrior more, if so then go with that. There are builds that make warrior very hard to catch when they decide to disengage if you want to do more roaming type stuffs (just mentioning this because you seem to be worried about dying).

Tarnished Coast

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Aberrant.6749 probably depend on my play style with is first in last out off a fight and that’s not good with a engineer.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749 probably depend on my play style with is first in last out off a fight and that’s not good with a engineer.

Yea that’s far more suited for how guardians are set up.

I tend to stay in the middle/rear on eng in a group… or if I’m roaming I’ll keep my distance and pull them in/let them close the gap for some quick close in stuffs then back out. You could do some stuff in close with bombs more regularly, but you would still need to be ready to get the heck out of there when needed.

I’m not saying that you couldn’t make an eng for up front type of stuffs since it is such a massively flexible class… I just don’t find it nearly as good for that role as a guardian.

Tarnished Coast

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I’d say go mesmer, is the more versatile and you can do a lot of stuff with it, I play a thief which I enjoy but I eventually got kinda bored with it. I mean it sure can happen with every profession but dunno.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

I started wvw with my thief and really enjoyed it apart from all the negativity on the forums which generally goes along the lines of “omg a thief killed me… stealth is too OP… what a kitten class… shame they can’t really play and have to run & hide”.

I’ve now switched to my guardian which is very different but just as enjoyable. I’ve also been known to switch to other classes when my team really needed an extra mesmer or ele.

Play them all; don’t be afraid to swap skills and try new builds. Try to include skills which benefit your entire team rather than just your character. Stick with the one that seems best fitted to your play style… until you feel like a change then try another. Don’t get caught up on needing a specific class or build or equipment. Go in knowing you will win some battles and lose some too (usually by being outnumbered). It’s a game, enjoy it.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I find a warrior can be good at both zerging and solo roaming without any changes to my build. My thief, however, I have to switch a bunch of stuff around if I want to zerg or if I want to roam.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Play them all. (Except thief, we don’t need more thieves in WvW.) It keeps the game fresh and you get to play many different roles and have different experiences.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

So you want to be able to kill things nearly instantly but also run away if the fight gets too scary? Yea I hope I run into you on the field lol…I eat warriors and thieves for breakfast

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Thief is a much more forgiving class when you’re learning, because you can escape/evade almost any fight if you’re feeling uncomfortable. Warrior can escape well as well….. on one specific build. Thief has a dozen builds that are all good at escape.

I main warrior and love it, but while you’re getting to grips with WvW I’d recommend thief.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Gangstamech.8237

Gangstamech.8237

For the sake of being awesome, don’t go thief. We have enough of these running around as is :P

My vote is for Guard or War (Loves me some hammer!)

Gangstamech(Engee), Brute Chieftain(War), Unholy Potato Skin (Necro)
Yak’s Bend [FoW]

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Uhh duh. The level 80 Ranger.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Everyone’s always looking for more hammer warriors in WvW.

Tier 1 Casual

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

White Raven.4368

I took my Engi out for an extended run with grenades yesterday.And had an amazing amount of fun rocket booting around the battlefield, dropping grenades here and there amongst the Viz zerg.

Viz had knocked Bay south gate open and 30 of them would not rush through due to my grenade spam.Though it was probably them not used to having so few players in their zerg,and didn’t know how to handle the situation ;p .

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Warriors are big in the new Warbanner meta; but just choose which fits you better. Good way to tell is to try SPvP for a few rounds and find out which one fits your playstyle.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

None of the above is a bad WvW class. They are each powerful in their own ways and can all be very effective. It boils down to what YOU like to play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

You’ve made a classic mistake in not rolling an Ele. So, my advice is delete your other, clearly worthless characters and roll up a real winning class, elementalist. Then we’ll see you on the battlefield. :P

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I no longer have a main in GW2. I play my Thief and Guardian about equally. I have a mesmer, ele, and ranger which get a little facetime, but not much.

I think GW2 is more about “what works best for this thing I want to go do.”

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

You’ve made a classic mistake in not rolling an Ele. So, my advice is delete your other, clearly worthless characters and roll up a real winning class, elementalist. Then we’ll see you on the battlefield. :P

Sorry to point this out, but you misspelled Engineer. ;p

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

That’s pretty funny considering after all the nerfs it’s the weakest class in the game right now. You might as well advise him to stand around in wvw wearing his town clothes, as he’s a free lootbag either way. But that’s ok, the more eles there are, the more badges my warrior gets.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

See obviously Devon doesn’t know about the “Ultimate” Class aka Warriors. We all know Warriors are the obvious choice when you want to Main a specific class. Great in PvE content, amazing armor choices, and well I main one so that should sway your choice.

Pick Warrior!

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Any arenanet guy to come in and advertise some guardian power? P-please!

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

See obviously Devon doesn’t know about the “Ultimate” Class aka Warriors. We all know Warriors are the obvious choice when you want to Main a specific class. Great in PvE content, amazing armor choices, and well I main one so that should sway your choice.

Pick Warrior!

Sure, if you want to look like a Hug(h)e sucker you could pick Warrior. I’m sticking with my Ele.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Shots fired, everybody get under my shield of absorption!

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Shots fired, everybody get under my shield of absorption!

You’re named after my favorite character from Valkyrie Profile! That has nothing to do with anything, just felt like pointing it out.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Taggund.8936

Taggund.8936

My main class is ‘Alt’. Sadly it no longer has a place in WvW.

I have an 80 Warrior, Guardian, Ele, and Thief. Each can have a different play style in WvW solely by how you gear/spec them. Guardian ( hammer/staff support) and Ele (staff) have been my “mains”, but right now I’m experimenting with the thief spec’d for conditions (yes, i’m broke again after another set of exotic gear).

So I say play them all till you find the role you want to fill. And as you play, you’ll learn what is important to you and which class/spec best suits it. (If it’s WXP that’s important, pick one character and stick with it, otherwise, you’ll be disappointed.)

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

MAIN ALL THE CLASSES!

Attachments:

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

MESMER FTW! Screwing with some ones mind. There is nothing like it.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Hugh knows whats up. Warrior all the way.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

White Raven.4368

I had to delete my lv 80 Ele when the GM trait book would not unlock.I tried everything,bought one from every city. Alas it was not to be. RIP whatever your name was.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

White Raven.4368

MESMER FTW! Screwing with some ones mind. There is nothing like it.

You are right there,they screw my mind worse than thieves. I was pulled off a tower roof while trebbing the enemy.That cut deep and opened up a whole new world of hate.How the heck they have that range beats me.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Pick Warrior!

Sure, if you want to look like a Hug(h)e sucker you could pick Warrior. I’m sticking with my Ele.

Lies, you are a necromancer. When you posted about ‘arrow carts, more arrow carts’ article, the screenshot had you in it WITH a NECROMANCER. If ele was that good, necro would never have tempted you

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

OMG help me choose!

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Pick Warrior!

And there we have an explanation for 50% of GW2’s balance problems, right there.

Now if the Devs who main a Guardian or Thief would join the discussion we’ll have the rest of the GW2 balance picture. (Necro’s late arriving strength being a temporary abberation that no doubt will get ‘balanced’ out very soon.)

Guys, it’s great that you like your classes. But, does the imbalance in WvW have to be so obvious?