Observation on growing WvW dynamics

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Yes, theoretically these different roles exist.

Realistically they have no significance because of population imbalance.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Yes, theoretically these different roles exist.

Realistically they have no significance because of population imbalance.

Not much more to add to this.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

What really happen.

People from my guild log in.
See enemies has 3 buff and owned everything
Do daily and log out.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

What really happen.

Do daily and log out.

sounds like you need a new guild.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

What really happen.

Do daily and log out.

Swish

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

What really happen.

Do daily and log out.

For what we have seen in the past it seems rather that he needs a new server…so is this what we were hoping for? mass transfer to top tiers and infinite queues?

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You don’t need roamers to keep the bloodlust points. You can circle your one zerg through them. All the zerg has to do is wipe any small groups in the way as they move from one circle to the next — the decay rate of the circles is slow enough to allow this.

Basically, if this mechanic really was introduced to break up zergs, it’s a total fail. Why were the NW and NE was not used?

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Yes, it does look good on paper doesn’kitten Problem is that we already had time to test it, and it didn’t really work out as planned..

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Doesn’kitten Does not it? Does it not?

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

What really happen.

Do daily and log out.

Thats what i see also in my guild

in WvW

Posted by: Eini.7095

Eini.7095

You don’t need roamers to keep the bloodlust points. You can circle your one zerg through them.

Basically, if this mechanic really was introduced to break up zergs, it’s a total fail.

I’m curious, why do you think that having one of your zergs circling around the ruins isn’t a ‘zerg breaking’?:)

Let’s see. There was a zerg capping objectives and preventing other zergs from capping those. Now that zerg is guarding the ruins and ruins only. All the towers it would’ve guarded are open.

If it’s not a zerg breaking strategy i’m eager to listen what is.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

And then a single thief follow the zerg around ruins and back caps everything just as fast as the entire zerg capped it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

You don’t need roamers to keep the bloodlust points. You can circle your one zerg through them.

Basically, if this mechanic really was introduced to break up zergs, it’s a total fail.

I’m curious, why do you think that having one of your zergs circling around the ruins isn’t a ‘zerg breaking’?:)

Let’s see. There was a zerg capping objectives and preventing other zergs from capping those. Now that zerg is guarding the ruins and ruins only. All the towers it would’ve guarded are open.

It takes less than a minute for any zerg in the middle to go kill all the people ramming the tower then go back to running around the middle. If anything, it gives the winning server something to do on a bl where they already own everything else, so it makes it even harder to cap stuff if you’re on the outmanned side.

Also the “just go backcap them” posters are stupid, because the server with more people will also have more people willing to sit on points. More people = more roamers AND bigger zergs.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

It takes less than a minute for any zerg in the middle to go kill all the people ramming the tower then go back to running around the middle. If anything, it gives the winning server something to do on a bl where they already own everything else, so it makes it even harder to cap stuff if you’re on the outmanned side.

Also the “just go backcap them” posters are stupid, because the server with more people will also have more people willing to sit on points. More people = more roamers AND bigger zergs.

Sounds like your just mad considering your lowering yourself to name calling rather than logical discussion. You should keep a clear mind, angry people usually don’t think rationally.

in WvW

Blix.8021

Sounds like your just mad considering your lowering yourself to name calling rather than logical discussion. You should keep a clear mind, angry people usually don’t think rationally.

Name exactly what I said that was irrational. Lol.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

You have given one very specific scenario as though it is the only scenario available. This is irrational.

One thing my guild as are alot of others are doing is adapting to the tactics of the opposing server. If all they are doing is like you have said, which I have seen happening, then you split push multiple points at once. One thing I have noticed with this is the addition of a vast number of objectives favor smaller groups now because you cannot just zerg against a smaller organized force. Not with the vast amount of evasion and mobility available in builds these days.

So we can run 4 man groups and drop 2-3 guild catapults on NE tower, 2-3 on NW tower, 2-3 on bay and/or 2-3 on Hills. A solo roamer can cap all sentrys and camps in around 8 minutes. 5 players can cap all bloodlust points in the same time a zerg can.

Zergs like to hold hands. Its mostly because they are bad at the game. But they cannot hold hands all over the map at once. And with good organization you can hold that against them with much less numbers.

(edited by sostronk.8167)

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

And what are the enemy roamers doing while your roamers are taking camps in 8 minutes??

Ohh thats right… not playing. Good point.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Blix.8021

You have given one very specific scenario as though it is the only scenario available. This is irrational.

One thing my guild as are alot of others are doing is adapting to the tactics of the opposing server. If all they are doing is like you have said, which I have seen happening, then you split push multiple points at once. One thing I have noticed with this is the addition of a vast number of objectives favor smaller groups now because you cannot just zerg against a smaller organized force. Not with the vast amount of evasion and mobility available in builds these days.

So we can run 4 man groups and drop 2-3 guild catapults on NE tower, 2-3 on NW tower, 2-3 on bay and/or 2-3 on Hills. A solo roamer can cap all sentrys and camps in around 8 minutes. 5 players can cap all bloodlust points in the same time a zerg can.

Zergs like to hold hands. Its mostly because they are bad at the game. But they cannot hold hands all over the map at once. And with good organization you can hold that against them with much less numbers.

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that the servers with more people are worse than the servers with less people. This isn’t true, people in tier 1 aren’t stupid. Any tactic you claim to do with less people the bigger server can execute even better with their larger population. No tactic in this game beats numbers, it only temporarily irritates the larger force. Once the leagues come down and the matchups get completely screwed, we’ll see how truly dumb the orb mechanics are.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

And what are the enemy roamers doing while your roamers are taking camps in 8 minutes??

Ohh thats right… not playing. Good point.

If the enemy has a zerg and an equal number of roamers whilst you only have a roaming force than your just going to have to deal with the situation as good as you can. Sometimes your outnumbered and your not going to be getting big points out of a particular BL. It happens. Just do any damage you can if your outnumbered. Its still going to help in alot of ways. If you keep them busy in the BL your in, then they won’t float to another BL that may be doing better. Or you can deny them from getting that waypoint on a hills or deny them supply. Thats the way WvW is in every tier of NA. Sometimes you have larger numbers, sometimes less. Alot of people are fickle in this game and will log if outnumbered. Others thrive on being outnumbered. I personally enjoy being outnumbered and love being able to contribute when in this situation.

in WvW

Ostra.3927

LOL Sostronk. Let me explain what the outnumbered is that the lower tiers will be dealing with.

40 people in your borderlands.. another 50 in EB if your lucky.

Again a server that has 100 in ALL four borderlands for 2-3 hours.

Tell me again about the “just try harder” mentality?

The population balance is so bad.. in MOST matches.. One server completely decimates 2 others. Its not skill… its simply numbers.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that the servers with more people are worse than the servers with less people. This isn’t true, people in tier 1 aren’t stupid. Any tactic you claim to do with less people the bigger server can execute even better with their larger population. No tactic in this game beats numbers, it only temporarily irritates the larger force. Once the leagues come down and the matchups get completely screwed, we’ll see how truly dumb the orb mechanics are.

In all honesty I believe Blackgate has a higher (average) skill level and better tactical understanding of the game than SOR does. I also believe Jade Quarry is much closer to BG in (average) skill level and tactical understanding of the game than SOR. I also believe SOR has more players who frequent WvW regularly than the other two tier 1 servers. So the claim that my argument " hinges on the idea that the servers with more people are worse than the servers with less people", I completely agree with and standby it with the underlying factor being that I believe that this is currently the case, but may or may not be in the future.

Also, Id point out that having less of a tactical understanding of the game than others does not make a person/commander “stupid”. Thats not the way things work.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

LOL Sostronk. Let me explain what the outnumbered is that the lower tiers will be dealing with.

40 people in your borderlands.. another 50 in EB if your lucky.

Again a server that has 100 in ALL four borderlands for 2-3 hours.

Tell me again about the “just try harder” mentality?

The population balance is so bad.. in MOST matches.. One server completely decimates 2 others. Its not skill… its simply numbers.

The map cap for a borderland is 80. No server in the game has “100 in ALL four borderlands for 2-3 hours”. I agree that there is a population imbalance. But I believe that adding more objectives to the game increases that effect that skill and organization has on the game.

(edited by sostronk.8167)

in WvW

Blix.8021

In all honesty I believe Blackgate has a higher (average) skill level and better tactical understanding of the game than SOR does. I also believe Jade Quarry is much closer to BG in (average) skill level and tactical understanding of the game than SOR. I also believe SOR has more players who frequent WvW regularly than the other two tier 1 servers. So the claim that my argument " hinges on the idea that the servers with more people are worse than the servers with less people", I completely agree with and standby it with the underlying factor being that I believe that this is currently the case, but may or may not be in the future.

Also, Id point out that having less of a tactical understanding of the game than others does not make a person/commander “stupid”. Thats not the way things work.

How BG, SoR, and JQ fight against each other is going to be utterly irrelevant in 2 week’s time. The league system will pit them against servers who are hopelessly outmanned. No amount of tactics will stop them. That’s the point. I don’t see how people in tier 1 fail to understand this.

in WvW

Ostra.3927

wow Sos… way to pay attention to the actual point. Another example of the “hey I am fine… everyone else is the problem” mentality the devs are taking.

What you are saying is FINE for the top 6 servers… but has NO relevance on the bottom 18

in WvW

sostronk.8167

How BG, SoR, and JQ fight against each other is going to be utterly irrelevant in 2 week’s time. The league system will pit them against servers who are hopelessly outmanned. No amount of tactics will stop them. That’s the point. I don’t see how people in tier 1 fail to understand this.

I’m completely aware of and concerned about this myself. But, I have overlooked this for a reason: I see them as seperate issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

What really happen.

Do daily and log out.

if your guild is the norm for your server then its no wonder you can’t field the numbers for an even fight. SoR is teir 1 and there are plenty of times we have the out manned buff and still go out and fight. I logged on and BG held almost everything. I still did wvw. It sounds to me as if you have a fair weather player problem.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!