Oceanic Server?

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: sirjosh.9561

sirjosh.9561

Q:

Hi guys I recently started GW2 and I am from New Zealand which is a huge disadvantage when your currently on a Western European server (no one on wvw).
So here’s the deal if I was to delete my level 5 character could I move servers for free?
And more importantly what are some big Oceanic or Oceanicish servers which have players that would be on during my time (6:58pm Thursday at the moment)?

Thanks in advance I’ve really been looking forward to wvw in this game but haven’t got any yet.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

sirjosh.9561

I heard Sea of Sorrows is an unofficial server?

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Jade Quarry, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall, and Sea of Sorrows all have decent oceanic populations. JQ most likely the biggest. SoR is putting out lower numbers these days, but that might be due to morale more than anything. Tarnished Coast has also shown some strength in the ocx timeslot recently as well.

[ICoa] Blackgate

(edited by dodgycookies.4562)

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

sirjosh.9561

Jade Quarry, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall, and Sea of Sorrows all have decent oceanic populations. JQ most likely the biggest. SoR is putting out lower numbers these days, but that might be due to morale more than anything. Tarnished Coast has also shown some strength in the ocx timeslot recently as well.

I heard Sea of Sorrows are currently an unofficial Oceania server?
Would you say that they’re the biggest?

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Blackgate has the most New Zealanders of any server, just sayin’ contact NOC (Nocturnal) they are a good / fun guild for WvW/PvX.

PM ingame: Vortex Blade or Kaidengaran (both Kiwi)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/NOC-Nocturnal-recruits-mature-fun-Oceanics/first#post3152641

I would say in terms of population of Oc players BG > JQ > SoR/SoS

PS. Join Blackgate, we has all the coolaid.
Other BG Oc guilds: [KING] [KnT] [MERC]

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Go to BG or JQ if you’re looking for people to play with.
SoR/SoS have some oceanics but you’ll be outnumbered vs the other two.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Go to BG or JQ if you’re looking for people to play with.
SoR/SoS have some oceanics but you’ll be outnumbered vs the other two.

That being said, XPK and HIRE are pretty decent so kitten ing it up on SoR isn’t a horrible option.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

BG, JQ, SoR, SoS, FA are the big oceanic servers. BG probably the biggest for WvW and SoS biggest for PvE.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

sirjosh.9561

BG, JQ, SoR, SoS, FA are the big oceanic servers. BG probably the biggest for WvW and SoS biggest for PvE.

Does SoS have a good amount of players on for WvW though?
Not in turns of rankings but just the amount of players on.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

BG, SoR and JQ have more wvw players than SoS. FA has equal to SoS. You’ll be able to find plenty of people to play with on all 5. That’s why they’re oceanic servers in the first place.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

sirjosh.9561

Thank you all for the information it has helped me incredibly!

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I would consider SoR, TC or SoS right now. Especially TC or SoS since they are in a state of growth in terms of WvW at the current time. If you’re just looking for people to play with though, Blackgate and Jade Quarry are better choices simply due to a bigger oceanic population.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Blackgate has the most New Zealanders of any server, just sayin’ contact NOC (Nocturnal) they are a good / fun guild for WvW/PvX.

PM ingame: Vortex Blade or Kaidengaran (both Kiwi)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/NOC-Nocturnal-recruits-mature-fun-Oceanics/first#post3152641

I would say in terms of population of Oc players BG > JQ > SoR/SoS

PS. Join Blackgate, we has all the coolaid.
Other BG Oc guilds: [KING] [KnT] [MERC]

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/guilds/KnT-Knights-Of-The-Temple-Blackgate-WvW Funny, KnT’s own website doesnt list them as Oceanic.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Not sure why you say that JJ

Time Zones: Pacific, Central, and Eastern U.S. with International members

international members does include oceanic :P plus that was from a year ago, they have even more oceanic numbers now and a number of PST insomniacs

here is a more recent recruitment thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/recruitment/KnT-of-Blackgate-is-Now-Recruiting/first#post2339486

I should know as I have sent a number of oceanic players to them aswell as to NOC, KING, ZN and MERC not mentioning the PvE guilds

I will say if an Oceanic player is looking for a place to call home there is nothing wrong with playing on SoS, TC, JQ, SoR, FA or even Mag most of them have a sizeable oceanic force and im sure you will find yourself a oceanic guild to join fairly quickly, you can always guest to the server and speak to some of those oceanic guilds and find out if they would be a good home

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Yes they do. And a fun bunch they are.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Mag biggest OCX server. unbeatable coverage.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Well in the weeks since Season 1 started, I’ve put in close to 100 hours on SoS WvWvW and not once have I had to queue..

Coupled with the hilarity of complaints from JQ and BG about queue times, I can tell you there will be less people on SoS, but enough to repeatedly hold and die in at least one map.

Your best fights will be with Maguuma and TC, if they aren’t joining forces with BG/JQ at the time.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

sirjosh.9561

Thanks guys!
I’ve decided to go with Sea of Sorrows as that seems to be the better option, hope to see you on the battlefield!

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

We look forward to seeing you. Find a guild you like-lots to choose from.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

Hi guys I recently started GW2 and I am from New Zealand which is a huge disadvantage when your currently on a Western European server (no one on wvw).
So here’s the deal if I was to delete my level 5 character could I move servers for free?
And more importantly what are some big Oceanic or Oceanicish servers which have players that would be on during my time (6:58pm Thursday at the moment)?

Thanks in advance I’ve really been looking forward to wvw in this game but haven’t got any yet.

Dont play alone on a WEU server, Come to Henge of Denravi and play with others in the SEA/OZ/NZ timezone!

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

Join KnT. We have Kiwi’s.

On a somewhat serious note, we actually do have quite a few Jafa’s, and one of our commanders even goes as far to make South Auckland jokes and goes “nah honest” when she commands. We also have a guy from Wanganui who gets the brunt of all the rural and sheep jokes we have. Or if you’re feeling like being a bit of a comedian there’s a guy from Christchurch (hi george!) who can take a good earthquake joke. He was actually the one that showed us the Christchurch Harlem Shake video (we’re going to hell).

Shameless self plug aside, if you were to join any PST guild (West Coast NA) the timezone difference is three hours behind them (21 hours ahead, 3 hours behind, same difference) so if you get home from uni/work early then it’s not too bad. I’d suggest any of the T1 servers if you did want a decent Oceanic presence though.

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

BG is where Kiwis become Aussies. Good choice picking SoS.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Join KnT. We have Kiwi’s.

On a somewhat serious note, we actually do have quite a few Jafa’s, and one of our commanders even goes as far to make South Auckland jokes and goes “nah honest” when she commands. We also have a guy from Wanganui who gets the brunt of all the rural and sheep jokes we have. Or if you’re feeling like being a bit of a comedian there’s a guy from Christchurch (hi george!) who can take a good earthquake joke. He was actually the one that showed us the Christchurch Harlem Shake video (we’re going to hell).

Shameless self plug aside, if you were to join any PST guild (West Coast NA) the timezone difference is three hours behind them (21 hours ahead, 3 hours behind, same difference) so if you get home from uni/work early then it’s not too bad. I’d suggest any of the T1 servers if you did want a decent Oceanic presence though.

KnT #1 Guild NZ

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpie.6759

Sharpie.6759

I’ll have one of my minions change that ASAP

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I heard Sea of Sorrows are currently an unofficial Oceania server?
Would you say that they’re the biggest?

They were at launch but a lot of folk transferred out

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: shocking.3269

shocking.3269

Yes you can move for free to another server if you delete your toon. However just make sure you only trash your soulbound gear. Put all your Account Bound gear etc into your bank and it will transfer with you to your new server.

As for which server to join. I had the same problem living in Queensland and initially rolling on a server with a poor Oceanic coverage.

I re-rolled Blackgate and didnt look back. Although I’m sure if you rolled SoS or JQ you wouldn’t have a problem finding Oceanics to level and WvW with.

Good luck.

Savajj Blayde Lvl 80 Thief
Hrafn Skaarsgard Lvl 80 Healadin Guard
Beastgate – 2vs1? Who cares! We are just here for the fight! ;)

Oceanic Server?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I would suggest JQ. We have a very wide range of Oceanic guilds and many Kiwi players. Because of the sheer number of guilds, i cant pinpoint just 1.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister