Once In a Lifetime Finisher or Not?

in WvW

Posted by: Dekar.2759

Dekar.2759

Q:

If I don’t win first place in the first season will I ever get the chance to get the first place finisher reward in another season?

I know many people already expressed their concerns but I’m on a server that has no chance and risking rank 1-3 on another server is better than never having a chance at something I may never achieve. I’ve put up with the fact my server has fairweathers but I never cared until now and depending on how the reward is implemented it will ruin guilds and servers in my opinion that are on the rocks like mine.

If the permanent account rewards are achievable as season two rewards or once season two starts have another method to acquire them (which gives temp bragging rights at least and new rewards for season 2) which ANET can guarantee than I believe many communities may be saved imo.

(edited by Dekar.2759)

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

A:

Winners will have access to the finisher until there are new winners. At that point those people will gain access and the winners from the previous season will no longer have access to the stomp.

Think of it like this, the finisher is intended to show off who won the last season. If you don’t continue to win each and every season, you will not retain the bragging rights.

(edited by DevonCarver.5370)

in WvW

Dekar.2759

Winners will have access to the finisher until there are new winners. At that point those people will gain access and the winners from the previous season will no longer have access to the stomp.

Well that was a fast reply, starting to think I missed some reading about this answer somewhere.

Does this insinuate that the finishers will always be the same every season and it’s only the other achievements that may change from time to time which in theory should be doable in any server?

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

You should have said this at the beginning of everything since it turns out there is no reason to fight to be 1st at the leagues since nothing is permanent and basically nothing change.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Well that was a fast reply, starting to think I missed some reading about this answer somewhere.

Does this insinuate that the finishers will always be the same every season and it’s only the other achievements that may change from time to time which in theory should be doable in any server?

It certainly insinuates it. But that is as much as I’ll say for now. Nothing is set in stone.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Dekar.2759

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

Quiet you, this is a good thing.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

Huh? This is not temp content. This in character with any number of rewards that are about showing off what happened recently. You will be showing off that you won the previous season, but once a new season starts everyone is back to start. Having the reward for a limited period of time is very different from temp content.

in WvW

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

It’s not temp content, it’s passing the trophy to the new victor. Want to keep it? Then get out there and keep winning.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

It is temporary, when you don`t get to keep it.
In warcraft (& I`m sure other games) arena/rbgs awards differed for each season.
Something a player/team won they got to keep, the next season the awards would differ somewhat.
The only thing they kept that was the same were titles.

As for wanting to keep & get out there & win it.
We all know how terribad the matchups have always been, doubt that`ll ever change.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ And yet in the real world it is not really that uncommon for certain tournament to pass on the cup to the next winner after each finished tournament.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

It’s not temp content, it’s passing the trophy to the new victor. Want to keep it? Then get out there and keep winning.

Or transfer to a stacked server

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

The finisher is like a trophy you pass on to the next winners? I like that a lot. Cool execution.

in WvW

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

^ what he said.

[HB]

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’d like some overarcing loyalty achievements/titles/rewards though too that show how loyal you’ve really been to your server.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The finisher is like a trophy you pass on to the next winners? I like that a lot. Cool execution.

Yeah, it would be great if the trophy actually rewarded skill.

But it rewards one thing: coverage.

People were complaining about coverage winning since launch week. At the time, the Anet response was: deal with it.

Now you are reaping the fruits of that decision. It makes it impossible to implement server-wide rewards in WvW that actually recognize skill. (Unless being able to lure off-peak guilds to your server is a skill).

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

seriously? who cares for finishers?

bring unique armor skins per season for the best – and same for spvp too – to show off

finishers? lol

in WvW

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

seriously? who cares for finishers?

bring unique armor skins per season for the best – and same for spvp too – to show off

finishers? lol

Aye, I want something that draws the lovely question “Where did you get that?” and so entices them to help compete for their server next season

in WvW

Posted by: Dirge.1250

Dirge.1250

Wow guys i mean wow, all i keep reading is qq qq qq some more please, what the finisher means is once the new season starts what you are doing is DEFENDING YOUR TITLE! if you want to keep it you play hard to keep it. This is awesome news and is getting my WvW blood boiling to come back after a 3 month break because there was nothing happening in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

More temp` content.
Who is surprised?

Huh? This is not temp content. This in character with any number of rewards that are about showing off what happened recently. You will be showing off that you won the previous season, but once a new season starts everyone is back to start. Having the reward for a limited period of time is very different from temp content.

Will these seasons keep happening after one is finished or is it a one time event every few months?

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Think of it like this, the finisher is intended to show off who won the last season. If you don’t continue to win each and every season, you will not retain the bragging rights.

Don’t you think it would be better to get a different finisher reward every season and let them keep it so they can still show off they one at one time. 1 finisher every 7 weeks isn’t too much work I assume?

in WvW

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

1 finisher every 7 weeks isn’t too much work I assume?

Assuming something is simple never is a winning move.
Plus, it works as an incentive to keep winning (like some of the most prestigious real world trophies).

in WvW

Posted by: MagnumSteack.5179

MagnumSteack.5179

1 finisher every 7 weeks isn’t too much work I assume?

Assuming something is simple never is a winning move.
Plus, it works as an incentive to keep winning (like some of the most prestigious real world trophies).

/thread

Havohej – Vizunah’s Square
Hämmer Stun [HS]