Open letter to Anet

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Dear Anet,

we are very thankfull for your job. For your game. For your effort with new updates. But things have gone too far. You did not shared player numbers in PvE and WvW. We dont know if game is growing or going down.
In last months you pushed some new content into WvW part of your game. You fixed culling. You balanced classes. Those are good things. Whole community agrees with it.
But it seems that specially WvW part of the game is missing something. Something more important than new masteries.

Yes I am talking about grouping in this game. For 10 months we are unable to manage our parties. In PvE there is not a problem. You can invite players. You can kick players. You can whisper players. Even if they log out. But in WvW, this is not functional.

And commander system. I dont know if this is serious intension to have commanders like that. Look you implemented squads but gives to squad leader no options to manage their squads. And we are not able to make private squads. Your game is forcing us to do bigger groups. With current downed state, it really encourages to make bigger groups. But we are not able to do more than use third party software to organize ourselves in some way.

Bugs, those are difficult to repair. I know that. But you need to focus on them too. You have the tools for identify bugs corectly not us,players.

So please Anet, if next months. Please focus on your current state of game. And improve what is in game right now. Dont make new things. I know that community will accept this.

Regards
player of Your game from day 1

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yes I am talking about grouping in this game. For 10 months we are unable to manage our parties. In PvE there is not a problem. You can invite players. You can kick players. You can whisper players. Even if they log out. But in WvW, this is not functional.

And commander system. I dont know if this is serious intension to have commanders like that. Look you implemented squads but gives to squad leader no options to manage their squads. And we are not able to make private squads. Your game is forcing us to do bigger groups. With current downed state, it really encourages to make bigger groups. But we are not able to do more than use third party software to organize ourselves in some way.

Bugs, those are difficult to repair. I know that. But you need to focus on them too. You have the tools for identify bugs corectly not us,players.

So please Anet, if next months. Please focus on your current state of game. And improve what is in game right now. Dont make new things. I know that community will accept this.

Regards
player of Your game from day 1

Wow it’s like you taped electrodes to my head and read my mind. I completely agree. The lack of basic WvW functions and bugs should have been fixed at release not almost a YEAR into the game going live.

It’s the little things that are missing and don’t work that eat away and build frustration every day you log in. WvW players are feeling like a low caste group of forgotten people.

Fixing culling doesn’t make up for the lack of attention to UI bugs and lack of private grouping systems. We need a commander and squad system that can actually help us organize better and is flexible for all player grouping needs.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

in addition to this; what bothers me is that wvw is (in my opinion) the ultimate endgame of GW2. However, we do not seem to get any new content except new masteries. Why does it take Anet 7 months to release at least 1 new map or some additions to wvw?

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Because WvW is the current endgame, Anet wants to buff PvE, hence Living Story. How much attention they should put to that is another debate. A majority of players PvE, and with no PvE endgame people are getting bored / stop playing. Almost every MMo has a strong PvE endgame to give players something to do, not gw2.

Anet is a business, they need to make money. Sorry kids, it’s the cold, hard truth. MMO’s are ridiculously expensive to maintain. People often criticize Anet for not knowing they’re doing, but they’re not stupid. They just have different priorities than we want them to. What we can hope for is that they become more efficient at generating Living Story content so they can divert more attention to PvP aspects of the game, which is already happening.

People need to stop saying if Anet doesn’t make quick changes the game will die. It’s a $60 game. I would say everyone has gotten more than their money’s worth and are still playing. And if you get bored, just take a break and come back when things improve. There’s no sub-fee, so there’s no need to smash your head against the keyboard.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

What would PvE endgame look like? I mean, I’ve heard talk of it but I’m not sure what it means really. The only other MMO I’ve played is GW1 so I don’t have a frame of reference other than that.

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Because WvW is the current endgame, Anet wants to buff PvE, hence Living Story. How much attention they should put to that is another debate. A majority of players PvE, and with no PvE endgame people are getting bored / stop playing. Almost every MMo has a strong PvE endgame to give players something to do, not gw2.

Anet is a business, they need to make money. Sorry kids, it’s the cold, hard truth. MMO’s are ridiculously expensive to maintain. People often criticize Anet for not knowing they’re doing, but they’re not stupid. They just have different priorities than we want them to. What we can hope for is that they become more efficient at generating Living Story content so they can divert more attention to PvP aspects of the game, which is already happening.

People need to stop saying if Anet doesn’t make quick changes the game will die. It’s a $60 game. I would say everyone has gotten more than their money’s worth and are still playing. And if you get bored, just take a break and come back when things improve. There’s no sub-fee, so there’s no need to smash your head against the keyboard.

I don’t think I have seen many people saying that GW2 will die, but I have seen lots of players say that WvW will die. And it will. As you say, ANet clearly has different priorities than those of us on this forum and that is obvious to just about everyone. Right now there really isn’t a viable alternative to GW2 for folks who want open world PvP with strong strategic elements, but that is likely to change in the coming months. When those other games show up anybody left here won’t have to worry about queues or lag, and sadly enough I strongly suspect that’s what ANet is counting on.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Odin.3752

Odin.3752

Took the words straight out of my mouth.

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I came into this thread expecting to find something to vehemently disagree with. I find myself pleasantly disappointed.

Probably the only disagreement would be that, with their size, they can (and likely are) do both. Better comm tools, yeah, those would be nice. Being able to choose your pin color (from a few, at least) would also be nice. Imagine being able to tell one group to follow the blue pin, the other the green pin? Lovely bit of convenience that would bring.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You can invite players. You can kick players. You can whisper players. Even if they log out. But in WvW, this is not functional.

I’ve done all those things in WvW.. how is it not functional for you exactly?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

You can invite players. You can kick players. You can whisper players. Even if they log out. But in WvW, this is not functional.

It is extremely buggy in WvW and rarely works in the same manner as it does in PvE. Now maybe if we were better informed on how the party system is different in WvW we would better be able to maneuver around those bugs but it is very frustrating and difficult to manage parties in WvW since it seems to follow a whole other set of rules.

I knew Ahmrill would jump on this thread with glee since pointing out the flaws in the commander system is his pet project. I cannot imagine anyone at ANET is blind to these problems that have been pointed out them since BETA but I’ve long since run of excuses to make for the length of time it has taken for these simple seeming things to be addressed.

Those nice little extras may not seem like much when you are building a huge glamorous world but after nearly a year of living in that world, it is the absence of those little things that tends to make disillusionment breed into contempt. We are all likely starting to feel the same burn out of having playing a little too much WvW and “done it all” to where the small stuff seems to weigh on us more heavily. Maybe summer has just gone to my head but I have a lot less faith in anything changing anytime soon. Hopefully it just a case of summer gamer blues for me but this game just isn’t exciting me lately. /cries

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Open letter to Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Ok try this. Player is in WvW (you), player is not in WvW. Use guild window,or friends list.
Second test: make party of 3 in WvW. One quit the game. Try to kick him.
This tests can be made also on other borderlands.
Guildie was in EB, I was in our BL, and I was not possible to invite him other way than write /invite
So yes, there is a way, but it is not optimal way nor normal way of makinf/managing parties.

@PariahX I have the same feeling. But not only now in summer. I was trying to point out grouping problems from day 1. I remember in March I got almost beaten down by angry GW2 players because I was not happy with WvW abilities but I wanted better grouping.
Now look at game now. New ability every month (announcing of Flame Ram Mastery incomming tommorow i guess) but old problems are still in game.
Would people really like Cata mastery or grouping options? Ill take grouping options if I can.

(edited by Hule.8794)