PvE is killing WvW

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I play on one of the top three servers for WvW and every time there’s a stupid PvE event patch, WvW becomes a ghost town because Anet makes the gold gains absurd so everyone’s mindlessly grinding npc’s for easy cash and WvW becomes a ghost town. Maybe my server’s just jaded with being one of the best WvW servers for so long, but it’s really stupid and unfair to people who only enjoy WvW. I feel like I might as well not log in for the duration of these events because not only do they have no crossover in WvW whatsoever, but they also take entire guilds and players out of WvW. Maybe I’m just mad because all I wanted to do today was sack some towers, or maybe the PvE rewards in this game have become far too lucrative to justify spending time in WvW. Does anyone else feel the same way right now?

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

You are not supposed to spend all your time in WvW. It’s just one part of the game, and unfortunately not a lucrative one, neither for Arena Net nor for you.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Unfortunately, PvP is the only part of this game that doesn’t completely bore me. And how are all these PvE events lucrative for Anet? They just jacked up the gold circulation in the game so nobody’s spending real money on gems.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Time to change games?

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

At least on my server this will only last a short while when the content is very new. Things then return to normal shortly after.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

it’s really stupid and unfair to people who only enjoy WvW.

Your attitude is really unfair to people who enjoy both.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aethilmar.3951

Aethilmar.3951

it’s really stupid and unfair to people who only enjoy WvW.

Your attitude is really unfair to people who enjoy both.

How is allowing equivalent progression in terms of game economics in WvW unfair to anyone? Especially considering WvW can cost a fair amount of cash in the various consumables.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

How is allowing equivalent progression in terms of game economics in WvW unfair to anyone?

It’s not, but then that’s not what OP is actually complaining about. He’s unhappy that other players on his server are daring to leave WvW for some PvE action instead.

it’s patch day, assuming that most players are checking out the new content for strictly economical reasons is pretty silly.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

How is allowing equivalent progression in terms of game economics in WvW unfair to anyone?

It’s not, but then that’s not what OP is actually complaining about. He’s unhappy that other players on his server are daring to leave WvW for some PvE action instead.

it’s patch day, assuming that most players are checking out the new content for strictly economical reasons is pretty silly.

I’m just waiting for them to fix skill descriptions already. It’s been a year. Why the kitten are you still updating the descriptions. This should have been done before release. Focus on giving us new and interesting abilities and class mechanics, not cosmetic bullkitten.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

You are not supposed to spend all your time in WvW. It’s just one part of the game, and unfortunately not a lucrative one, neither for Arena Net nor for you.

I call bullkitten on that. They very mechanically separated pve and pvp to leave people that wanted to pve alone giving the pvpers their own space to do it, and now every time someone brings up how wvw is lackluster you say that “you’re not supposed to spend all your time in WvW”??? kitten that.

Give me live world pvp and i’ll be the happier man on earth.
If you don’t because of all the carebears complaining then give me a decent area to pvp, and don’t kittenin come to me with that “go play living world” thing cause I don’t give a kitten.
Many people don’t.

I’ve played the crown pavillon event a little and what was it? Sitting in a corner spamming random stuff that doesn’t even matter.
Is that you so awesome PVE / Living story event? No thx.

I think the OP complains are more than legitimate

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Muspilli.6273

Muspilli.6273

It’s not PvE, it’s run around in circles hitting 1 with “Benny Hill” music playing in the background. I love WvWvW as well and it saddens me that the loot difference is astronomical.

Please make some challenging PvE!

Meh, broken record I suppose…

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It has been recently suggested often: That LS also appears in WvW.
For example, in this update there could have been a mobile Airship “keep”, control of which (naturally) gives the faction points like a regular keep would.
Just a short example of the top of my head. The gameplay should of course be PvP-centric.

But apparently ANet treats WvW as an utterly separate realm from the PVE development process, which should change (referring to event content).

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Many of us find PvE to be mechanical and pointless. A minor improvement on FPS games at best.
There’s little challenge in it, the scenarios presented are childish (teenage at best) and the grind-and-reward system would be insulting to the intelligence of a flatworm.

As far as I’m concerned PvE is a training and test area where I can try out game mechanics in peace (open world PvP? – no thank you!)

Unfortunately, there are a lot of children who play this game (shock, horror) and the PvE stuff appeals to many of them. I dare say there’s a population of adults in there too. It takes all sorts.
So every time Anet add a new ‘shiny thing’ they will all go running to grab their ‘unique’ digital copy.

Well, that’s the price you pay for being able to WvW. Like it or not the flatworms provide the bulk of the development cash.
Don’t be mad, because without the PvE market, you wouldn’t have this game at all. There simply aren’t enough ‘hard’ WvW enthusiasts to provide the cash needed to compete in the game market.

But I do feel your pain.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Every single server is affected by this so nothing out of the ordinary is gonna happen.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

I would love LS events in WvW, it wouldn’t even be difficult

random steam portal spawns, killing enough creatures spawns a macguffin or gives you a bonus or even does something cool like spawn a ‘steam siege ogre’ that either guards or assaults the gate of the nearest keep

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I would love LS events in WvW, it wouldn’t even be difficult

Please no.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Shoe.5821

Why not?

For serious.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Cause it would just kitten off both WvWers (they want PvP, not some random mobs and PvE crap running trought the playfield) and PvErs (remember Kite/cache hidden in JP? “QQ i must go in WvW but ppl kill me there”).

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Shoe.5821

I don’t mean actual LS story achievements or content. I mean LS-themed events that plug into WvW, like the random steam portals i mentioned. Molten Alliance instead of regular Dredge in EB.

Or something like special upgrades that are available during the events. Watchknight guards for towers, electrified gates, something.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

They’d probably get more people to do the actual PvE content and allow for more stable WvW population if their content wasn’t always temporary. I hate that about Anet. I don’t always want to do content on your time table anet. I may want to do it later. This also wont cause huge WvW gaps because players would be hard pressed to get it done on their time table.

I think they would have allowed themselves for some better wvw had they not put in the mists and allowed for it to flow better wit the rest of tyria. You could bring in LS events into WvW. The mists feel too much like a virtual reality training ground. Great for sPVP but not WvW.

It’s obvious anet intended there to be some PvE content in WvW. How about some fun battlefield oriented content that is more challenging than your stupid easy events in PvE land. I would love to see a dragon come crashing into a zerg or zergs and watch everyone scramble to survive or down the dragon for some rewards. This would make those zerg on zerg stale mates more fun.

Maybe have some battle oriented story events as to what regions might have to be fought over that week or so or something. That would be some sensible temporary content, because battles happen and it’s done then you have to fight in a different region. Make the fight happen all over Tyria.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Cause it would just kitten off both WvWers (they want PvP, not some random mobs and PvE crap running trought the playfield) and PvErs (remember Kite/cache hidden in JP? “QQ i must go in WvW but ppl kill me there”).

This – so true. However, it could work if the LS element actually integrated into WvW properly.

For example: if the Aetherblade wotsits were to invade and take a keep, such that you would have to battle them for possession of the keep (using the PvE world’s upscaling to determine numbers of AP/waves etc), where the rewards would be appropriately lucrative (as per PVE). Even count towrds the achievements for that particular LS.

It could be fun, for example, for the LS baddies to oust whoever controls the SM in EB then have all 3 servers ‘collaborate’ to re-take then battle each other afterwards for the Castle.

It would help WvW since this would attract Pugs in for the loot who might stay and enjoy real WvW. You’ll still get the whingers (“My OCD demands I get all achievements and I think it is undfair that someone is killing me while I do it!” brigade) but kitten’em, I say!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

PVE working as intended, since player were complayning about zergs on WvW, zergs(mindless groups) were moved to PVE.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Calling overpopulated and overzerged servers in T1 “three best servers”…

6/10, I loled.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This is happening because of one thing:

Pve currently offers much better rewards.

Most people do not choose pve over WvWvW, because it is more exciting or they find the living story stuff so interesting. It is because it offers so much loot and achievement points.

Many of my guild mates and people on my friend lists are constantly farming in pve and tell me stuff “I made 120 g yesterday… I got 90 g from farming Orr for 4 hours… I got a precursor… I made 300 g last week at Crown Pavilion”. This type of pve rewards just went overboard and are prone to lead to inflation for some rare items in the game.

The amount of achievement points you can earn from WvWvW is ridiculously low and you need to do 100x or even 1000x more work to get those points compared to pve. And achievement points give you chests with gems, gold, items, account wide buffs. Just look at these. The requirements for most WvWvW titles and achievements are beyond any reason. 1 million dolyak kills would take around 2 decades with any sort of normal play rate.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_vs_World_

And you get 56 achievement points in total for sniping 1 million dolyaks. And compare with this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Queen_Jennah%27s_Jubilee

You can arrive to the location and do few dozen group events and get tons of loot and you get a whopping 174 achievement points.

The situation would normalize if WvWvW rewards (both loot and achievement points) would be on the same level with pve.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I play on one of the top three servers

You can probably stop yourself right there. Right away, with that statement you have just confirmed that your WvW population is FAR greater than 21 other servers.

Now that being said…its not a secret that the rewards for WvW suck compared to PVE. Which is a shame since I think its more of an accomplishment to kill REAL PEOPLE in game than it is to zerg kill a champ…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Players who play WvW for the open PvP instead of PvD dont care about gold so much.

That said you dont need to do anything but TP 15 minutes a day to be in the thousands.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

WvW is killing WvW.
When I started GW2 the plan was to do some
PvE leveling and then be in the WvW zones 24/7.
My favorite game mode in every MMO I’ve
played is large scale RvR.,and it really surprises
me that in GW2 I’ve come to the point where
I only do PvE.
Maybe it’s the just 2 unique maps.
Maybe it is the absence of any sense and lore,
and the detachment from the main game world.
Maybe it’s the chaotic campaign.
Maybe it’s the almighty zerg.
Maybe it is a game engine that cannot cope with
the demands of large scale battles.
It surely is not the loot.
I couldn’t care less about the loot.
There is nothing like the thrill of a good
RvR fight,but somehow this games
WvW became boring.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

This is happening because of one thing:

Pve currently offers much better rewards.

Most people do not choose pve over WvWvW, because it is more exciting or they find the living story stuff so interesting. It is because it offers so much loot and achievement points.

..according to you.

I find this attitude really dismissive. I could just as well say that most people chose WvW over PvE because they just like picking on upleveled noobs, they can’t fight real mobs so they chase bad players.

I know this is really really hard for some of you to accept but : SOME PLAYERS LIKE PVE, it doesn’t make them inferior and it doesn’t make their motivations for playing any less pure than your own.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I said this last night…My server is somewhere around where you used to call T6-7, and we had around 10 people on EB yesterday at 6pmEST.

I see people always complaining about folks stacking in higher tier servers, but realistically while it is a lot of people that want to “win” in WvW. I would argue that many more of them just want to be able to play WvW without worrying about the “ghosttown effect” every 2-weeks.

Mag Server Leader

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

What kills me is they make these pretty large new content events when their spvp is in ruins. While wvw doesn’t really sparkle it works and that is more than we can say about 90% of the pve and 100% of the spvp.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The LS content is 2-4 weeks, WvW is stale and has been stale for months, even with the mastery lines and matchup changes. I’ve only done 5 “invasions” but I’ve flipped camps, towers, keeps thousands of times and killed tens of thousands of players. I’ll still be waiting at the portal before reset every Friday night.

The major changes in WvW I’ve seen that affect actual play are:
1) Culling
2) Catas not hitting beyond gates
3) AC (buff/nerf/camera exploit)
4) Siege on the trading post (Golems anyone?)

There’s been a few changes to the zerg meta but nothing major like these four.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I agree that this is the way ANet view things. However, I think it’s stupid. I would think that ANet should want WvW enthusiasts preaching WvW, PvE enthusiasts preaching PvE, and PvP enthusiasts preaching PvP.

You don’t want to force the WvW community into PvE, they don’t like it and won’t have a good time.

You want a new player, everywhere they go and for everything they try, to find a group of people who are happy and excited about what’s going on.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Killing other player should always give better reward than killing npc.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

AFAIK, Anet used to say they want us to play the game as we wanted. What give? They force people to PvE by making the event give tons of loot, thus making other part of the game dead. And these event lasted for weeks.

I respect you PvE players that spent 10 hours per day to farm gold, so you can be rich in a GAME, but think of us WvW player that just want a good 30 min fun fight and… nah I think I’ve made my point.

PvE is killing WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

The title should read “Anet is killing wvw.”

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain