R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Anet did nothing to stop bandwagon/stacked servers, so nothing really has changed other than some servers have no hope and some servers just have number counts for days.

Silver servers just kind of bled out and you can see the clear winners already and its only been 2 days into the ‘tournament’

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Blue has my server [Outnumbered] from 2 pm to 7 pm, red has us [Outnumbered] from 9 pm to 4 am, at all other hours the numbers are closer to even. All of our caps get wiped every night, we can struggle to win them back all afternoon just in time for the enemies to log on.

No contest.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

With the way they are handling the reward id say they even pushed for even more stacking.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

its the fact that anet allowed free transfers right before season 2…
Doesnt take a genius to figure out that everyone would just stack on the highest ranked free transfer server(HoD).

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

It has nothing to do with anet that low populations servers suffer, it is down to player choice/greed. ANET gives players the choice and they bugger up the servers by stacking them, if you want someone to place blame on place it onto the player

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

It has nothing to do with anet that low populations servers suffer, it is down to player choice/greed. ANET gives players the choice and they bugger up the servers by stacking them, if you want someone to place blame on place it onto the player

There’s a point when you have to put restrictions in place and can’t hand-wave it away because “it’s the community’s fault.” I’m not sure if this is that point, but it’s silly to just dismiss any complaint about negative behavior like that. ArenaNet controls the game and, by extension, the players. They are the only ones with the power to urge the player base to do something.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Not all transfers are bandwagoners. I know several guilds transfer from FA (top silver) to Dragonbrand (bottom gold) cause they have zero interest in PvDing for the next 9 weeks.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

There’s a point when you have to put restrictions in place and can’t hand-wave it away because “it’s the community’s fault.” I’m not sure if this is that point, but it’s silly to just dismiss any complaint about negative behavior like that. ArenaNet controls the game and, by extension, the players. They are the only ones with the power to urge the player base to do something.

Sorry but there has to be a point where the community gets held accountable. Those that move and those who stay and want to complain. We do not not need mommy and daddy or in this case anet telling us were or when we can play. Some chose to move others did not. We all are accountable for our own actions.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

You don’t receive permission to hold any of us “accountable” for our decision to switch server allegiance or not. You also receive no respect for taking any side in this debate. It’s a worthless debate. What you will do is live with this reality as it is presented, and you will observe that your judgements are for naught.

Your sense of entitlement toward such imagined ideals are in no way constructive.

R.I.P. low-population servers.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I don’t know what the situation is on EU servers, but in NA, there’s a queue (less than 5) on 2 maps right now (11:30 EST) in T7. Hardly seems dead.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Kadar Kalish.9507

Kadar Kalish.9507

We do as a customer have the right to hold Anet accountable and the best way to do that is with your wallet, if it upsets you, just dont buy gems for the duration of the tournament.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

My guild and I transferred from Blacktide to Gandara when the opportunity came up. Many of us were regular wvw’ers in BT but the massive prevalence of Polish guilds and players in that server, and the consequent numbers of Polish commanders led to most of the English speaking guilds leaving or disbanding altogether. It is primarily their insistence on speaking only polish on the field that alienated pretty much all the english/other euro language guilds. I’m glad to say that the move to Gandara has revitalised the guild and that we’ll be sticking it out in there.

On the flipside of things, the shift in players has left space open in the lower tier servers for new guilds to fill the space. A guild member who chose to stay in BT tells me that a number of WVW oriented guilds have joined BT so who knows, after this period of chaos there may be a change in the winds

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

When the system itself incentivizes the population to concentrate itself as much as it can to create/eliminate differences in coverage, it is entirely fair to hold the developer of that system accountable. Especially when there are other systems that could have easily been chosen over a server-based one that would help mitigate (though not eliminate) the issue. With WvW communities being encouraged – by tacit consent if nothing else – to cannibalize each other regularly in a neverending arms race, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that lower tier servers are experiencing a loss of population and/or lopsided matches. And because they have a smaller overall population, the loss of players hurts them proportionately more. With larger populations the effects of a few guilds moving around from time to time isn’t felt as significantly, and even if high tier servers are by no means immune to population shifts, they are still less likely to suffer a full blown server meltdown as a consequence (although it does admittedly happen on occasion). Besides which, larger populations just win more. The advantages are fairly obvious. All the incentives, including seasonal rewards, push players to either go big or go home.

Incidentally, I fully agree that the way to properly protest is to refrain from spending gems. I must have spent enough money on GW2 so far to buy the game at least six or seven times over, but I’ve come to be much more careful over time as it has become abundantly clear that the majority of a.net’s resources are diverted primarily to other formats. I have very little faith that a proper percentage of the money I spend on this game goes toward improving WvW.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

the rewards aren’t good anyways. skins that are halfway decent at best and extra rank up chests? just have fun and kill people.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

These tournaments revitalise the wvw scene with new blood. I wouldn’t say the lower tier servers have been killed at all.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Lol silver league is the worst, in bronze, and gold the matchs are competitive, Only the matchup involving sos is a big lead, and that’s not a slaughter.

All 3 mathcups in silver are a slaughter atm with yaks, hod and FA just dominating there respective opponents, not even close.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Lol silver league is the worst, in bronze, and gold the matchs are competitive, Only the matchup involving sos is a big lead, and that’s not a slaughter.

All 3 mathcups in silver are a slaughter atm with yaks, hod and FA just dominating there respective opponents, not even close.

It’ll even out next week when it’s FA vs YB vs HoD

~Tarnished Coast~

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

Anvil Rock managed to Queue three maps last night. I am sure FC and DR had a couple of queues as well. We are all the way down in T7. NA bronze is going to be a close race.

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Plenty of fights down here in NA, seen some pretty big blobs, lots of guild groups and plenty of roamers.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Hweng.9475

Hweng.9475

I don’t think anyone is talking about US low pop servers being dead. My friend is on US and even on the lowest ranked servers they have good presence. The problem here is EU servers. I just think they have made one too many EU servers. Even on the top bronze servers we barely have any playerss outside prime time. And I don’t even know what’s the status further down.

(edited by Hweng.9475)

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

It’ll even out next week when it’s FA vs YB vs HoD

No idea why you think that’d even out. YB has even less coverage than IoJ/SBI. Not sure if HoD is holding back or what, but their current score against CD/NSP suggests they’d get stomped just as hard by FA.

Second Child

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

how is seasons looking so far for the lower tiers?

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

how is seasons looking so far for the lower tiers?

Zergy as all hell, but that’s to be expected at the beginning of a season.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Sorry but there has to be a point where the community gets held accountable.

And thats not here, when Arenanet deliberately and willingly puts the best rewards on the winning server. They arent doing nothing, they are purposely making it worst.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Not all transfers are bandwagoners. I know several guilds transfer from FA (top silver) to Dragonbrand (bottom gold) cause they have zero interest in PvDing for the next 9 weeks.

Amen to that. I am on SBI, and season 1 was boring for all but 3 weeks. The first week against FA (was really fun, FA got us by only 50k), the week YB and EBay double teamed us and helped YB get 2nd, and the last week against FA.

So far, season 2 has been a blast. FA and IoJ are putting up some good fights with us. We don’t have the pressure to win silver this time around, and the drama queens have left the server. Sadly, so has some of the people I loved running with. I don’t know if next week will be as fun. It is shaping up to be BP and NSP for us (unless IoJ beats us, then it is SoR and CD).

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Sorry but there has to be a point where the community gets held accountable. Those that move and those who stay and want to complain. We do not not need mommy and daddy or in this case anet telling us were or when we can play. Some chose to move others did not. We all are accountable for our own actions.

You can try to hold “the community” accountable, but the fact of the matter is it’s worthless to do so. It’s like holding a tornado accountable for wreaking havoc. No, you hold the folks who have the power to prevent the damage accountable.

If this is something ArenaNet doesn’t want to touch, that’s fine. Just don’t act like you’ve got some greater perspective because you want to prevent any meaningful discussion by shifting blame to an amorphous group of players defined in your head and no where else. All you’re doing is running into the middle of the discussion and throwing up a Line of Warding, derailing things for a few moments.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

What crack are you smoking.

SoS – 60K
DB – 36K
Mag – 43K

and then you have

FA – 60k
SBI – 43k
IoJ – 35k

How is SoS not slaughtering DB and MAG, but yet, FA is dominating SBI and IoJ? Seems like the 2 matches are almost identical so far.

FA will even have a close match with HoD, not a blow out.

SoS will always win against Mag and DB, and before EoTM came about, they even beat TC. TC got some transfers after that, and so did SoS.

SoS might even be able to beat TC in gold, and maybe even pull an upset over BG or JQ. We shall see. The only reason gold is so close in coverage, is because they received the majority of the silver league’s guilds.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

If your gonna win the season cos of bandwagons try losing it instead.
That will teach them about stacking top servers.

btw, wvw communities fault?
We can’t stop players bandwagon our server. They just move and don’t ask.
Every season we lose guilds and new one’s have to be created. Then it takes them forever to get good and randoms just blob for easy win.
Not good at the top either. EU that is.

12/5/14 Legendary

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

You can try to hold “the community” accountable, but the fact of the matter is it’s worthless to do so. It’s like holding a tornado accountable for wreaking havoc. No, you hold the folks who have the power to prevent the damage accountable.

If this is something ArenaNet doesn’t want to touch, that’s fine. Just don’t act like you’ve got some greater perspective because you want to prevent any meaningful discussion by shifting blame to an amorphous group of players defined in your head and no where else. All you’re doing is running into the middle of the discussion and throwing up a Line of Warding, derailing things for a few moments.

I can’t hold the community accountable for transfers. Actually, a lot of people transfer to the higher tiers for “fights” even though they were getting “fights” on the servers they were on. The only difference, is that that server was not winning the “ppt” battle, so they transfered to a server with more population so they woudl have better “coverage” for that “ppt” battle.

Some guilds transfer because the relationship between them and their server has become toxic.

Some transfer because others transfered so they feel that the server will just lose the “ppt” battle because of a lack of “coverage” and likely lose their “glicko ranking”.

It is pretty pathetic, but it is what it is.

And then, you have the bandwagon people, that take a free transfer to get a silly reward. Let me tell you, HoD, the reward will not be worth the drama that is about to ensue. We experienced it on SBI last season, and you will experience it this season.

And, all those guilds that went to FA for their silver league win. You will most likely win, but FA just lost so many people, that you are now stuck in t3 forever. Or until more guilds leave after the season to get into gold, since that is the trend now. Stack the top 6.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I love server “stacking”.

It makes WvW a game worth logging in to at any time of day or night in any timezone.

Your selfish negativity toward the facts of this game, and your attempts to color the majority behavior as greedy and evil: these are your problems, not ours.

Gold League puts the “massively multiplayer” in MMO. The rest of you… go enjoy your way, or come join us.

You’re the problem, not the solution nor the solver.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

SoS might even be able to beat TC in gold, and maybe even pull an upset over BG or JQ. We shall see. The only reason gold is so close in coverage, is because they received the majority of the silver league’s guilds.

Maybe in points due to how the points for this tournament work.
But head to head? No, SoS will not beat JQ, BG, or TC.
SoS will get their points in this tournament feasting on Mag and DB.

~Tarnished Coast~

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I love server “stacking”.

It makes WvW a game worth logging in to at any time of day or night in any timezone.

Your selfish negativity toward the facts of this game, and your attempts to color the majority behavior as greedy and evil: these are your problems, not ours.

Gold League puts the “massively multiplayer” in MMO. The rest of you… go enjoy your way, or come join us.

I can only speak for me and some of those that came with me from blacktide. Our beef wasn’t that we didn’t have snowball’s chance in hell of getting the meta and thus the items. It was more that when we log onto wvw we’d be lucky to have a competent commander, esp one that rallies all the players, let alone a zerg on any one of the maps. In prime time, EB gets a small queue but the borders have no one. So while EB sees all the action, our own borderland wasn’t even our colour!
Letting the player base redistribute itself is a good thing. Our guild basically died and moving it helped it keep the core of the players. The guild roster is going to need another prune. Most of the remaining actives joined me on Gandara, but many stayed, others joined different servers, Whiteside Ridge, Anvil Rock, Desolation, Augury Rock, just to name a few. Early on, ppl will see the massive increase activity and think whoa! this is awesome. But after a time, it’ll average itself out and things will largely go back to normal and hell there might be few extra wvw centric guilds. One of my exguildies joined DAWN on Aurora Glade but some server politics led to them jumping the entire guild to Gandara for a different taste of wvw.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

And then, you have the bandwagon people, that take a free transfer to get a silly reward. Let me tell you, HoD, the reward will not be worth the drama that is about to ensue. We experienced it on SBI last season, and you will experience it this season.

At least this time we had a stable community going into it, built up from our days in T8. Whether we can still hold it together after the season ends and the inevitable exodus hits remains to be seen, but the odds are going to be better this time around.

Emu [VLK]

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

At least this time we had a stable community going into it, built up from our days in T8. Whether we can still hold it together after the season ends and the inevitable exodus hits remains to be seen, but the odds are going to be better this time around.

Other thing to watch for (- if transfers move back), your rating will be inflated post season. Weeks of losing ensue.

This happened to YB, our ‘transfers in’ season 1 were militia. They pretty much left post season for LS and various farms. We got pounded forever because we couldn’t drop fast enough in the rankings….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

What crack are you smoking.

SoS – 60K
DB – 36K
Mag – 43K

and then you have

FA – 60k
SBI – 43k
IoJ – 35k

How is SoS not slaughtering DB and MAG, but yet, FA is dominating SBI and IoJ? Seems like the 2 matches are almost identical so far.

FA will even have a close match with HoD, not a blow out.

SoS will always win against Mag and DB, and before EoTM came about, they even beat TC. TC got some transfers after that, and so did SoS.

Um SOS only beat tc once before leagues, they had to pull all night raids to do so. Other then that’, SOS was a wasteland karma train borderland and they complain about tc being ppt lovers cause sos didn’t show up.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

To be honest, I’m fine with that and I’m happy that Guild Wars 2 provides a range of play experiences from heavily populated to sparsely populated. The complaint that I have is that ANet doesn’t always seem to take lower population server dynamics into play when they make changes, needs to take population discrepancies into account for scoring, and needs to stop putting rewards out of reach of entire servers who can’t achieve them primarily because of population or coverage issues. On that last point, it means you get transfers not because of play style preference but because they want the cookie at the end. I’m happy that you are happy with the play at your tier. I, and many other, simply want ANet to fix the play problems in our tier, not take your play away from you.

No, a game with a scoring system and play that can’t handle population disparities beyond a fairly narrow range is the problem and it honestly surprises me that they can’t figure out a way to make it less of a problem given that scaling characters to encounter area level and NPC boss scaling are built in to PvE already. It’s like they understand the problem and came up with ways to deal with it in PvE but can’t see the problem or attempt to address it in WvW.

Almost all professional sports, casual sports, and serious games like Chess and Go have handicapping systems that let players of different ability or teams of different capabilities play against each other competitively. And you’ll notice that the solution to teams that perform badly in professional sports isn’t that all of the players should abandon their teams and all play for the top 3-5 teams only.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Virtute.8251

needs to take population discrepancies into account for scoring

No, they don’t. The score itself reflects this, and that is the primary function of their use of glicko.

You are not meant to derive some sense of entitlement that tells you that you should get to win a match sometimes, too. Earn it. Parsing it further is just nonsense.

and needs to stop putting rewards out of reach of entire servers who can’t achieve them primarily because of population or coverage issues. On that last point, it means you get transfers not because of play style preference but because they want the cookie at the end. I’m happy that you are happy with the play at your tier. I, and many other, simply want ANet to fix the play problems in our tier, not take your play away from you.

Eredon Terrace is flipping objectives just fine, all day every day. Play for the season achievement, and then you’ll get it just as fast as most people in any other tier. Your tier’s week 1 match is balanced very similarly to mine (tier 2).

Observer bias.

No, a game with a scoring system and play that can’t handle population disparities beyond a fairly narrow range is the problem

The scoring system handles it quite well. It’s the players that can’t handle it.

and it honestly surprises me that they can’t figure out a way to make it less of a problem given that scaling characters to encounter area level and NPC boss scaling are built in to PvE already. It’s like they understand the problem and came up with ways to deal with it in PvE but can’t see the problem or attempt to address it in WvW.

So, you’re arguing for pity-points as if this is a socialism vs. capitalism debate. I’d agree if we were talking about universal access to basic health care, given a system of provisioning that makes that plausible. I won’t agree to this here, because PPT is an entirely different thing for an entirely different purpose.

Your server does not need to be artificially made competitive in battle or score with any other server it may face. That’s a significant part of the nonsense that is this entire debate: you’ve imagined this problem for yourself, and it’s sociologically interesting, but logically void.

Almost all professional sports, casual sports, and serious games like Chess and Go have handicapping systems that let players of different ability or teams of different capabilities play against each other competitively. And you’ll notice that the solution to teams that perform badly in professional sports isn’t that all of the players should abandon their teams and all play for the top 3-5 teams only.

In ways both false and irrelevant. Let’s organize WvW this way, then: real death. If you get stomped, you can’t log in to WvW for a week. If your server loses a Season 2 match, you can only play EoTM map for the remainder of the tournament.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Shonie, you forgot that SoS beat TC right before EoTM, and we used to see a massive EoTM guild from SoS in EoTM that first week (and then they lost to TC).

I know Vx and Lost transfered to SoS. But TC has no idea how strong SoS is now, no one does because t1 hasn’t faced them yet.

SoS just got 2 more guilds from FA right before the season started (like 2 days before).

SoS might actually pull of an upset of the top 3. But this is all speculation. We will see next week, since it looks like TC has a good chance of losing this week, and SoS will easily win this week.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Shonie, you forgot that SoS beat TC right before EoTM, and we used to see a massive EoTM guild from SoS in EoTM that first week (and then they lost to TC).

I know Vx and Lost transfered to SoS. But TC has no idea how strong SoS is now, no one does because t1 hasn’t faced them yet.

SoS just got 2 more guilds from FA right before the season started (like 2 days before).

SoS might actually pull of an upset of the top 3. But this is all speculation. We will see next week, since it looks like TC has a good chance of losing this week, and SoS will easily win this week.

Nah sos won’t beat tc. Ever.
The only time sos will tick higher then tc is times during reset and oceanic time.
Other then that, sos will let tc win the match up since sos will whine the whole time.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

To the guy who said that they left Blacktide because of polish-speaking people and how that was their fault. Blacktide is a dedicated Polish server just like there are dedicated French (5 servers), German (7 servers) and one Spanish server.

ANET could limit overall server population as this would to some extent make people migrate to lower tier servers.atm t1-2 WvW servers are also the most stacked PvE servers (Deso, VzSqr, Elona, Sfr’sR). Spreading the players could be a fix to it, however implementation might be difficult as you cannot force people off their servers.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

With lower tier guilds moving up, player attrition, and “GvG Utopia” T2 is much the same T1 was months ago. Coverage wars, blobs, “skill groups” having to nuthug to compete with massive pug blobs of 50+ all through NA prime all the week. I know some lower tier server players are concerned with their server dying, but i can tell you from experience T2 is not that great up there. First off you need to run a guild group of 25+ just to compete numbers wise. Then the bad guilds will nut hug other guilds if they get wiped a couple times with even numbers. It devolves into a lag induced arms race very fast. There’s an epic kitten ton of siege in keeps and towers now cause it’s the only way 20 guys can defend anything vs map ques. 20+ Omega rushes are the norm and you can expect at least one a week from each server, and then refreshed for the rest of the week as defense tools. The only roamers left are perma stealth thieves, troll mesmers, and Nike warriors. Just saying it’s not grass isn’t really any greener up there. Without EP SOS is almost all baddies, like TC used to be, MAG has no good roamers left and basically guild group nut hugs all the time to counter SOS blobs, DB is all baddies but is in gold because of off hours coverage they’ve always had. And T1 is all those things times 5.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

It would be great if Anet followed the new Heart of the Mists map concept by combining all of the servers and splitting them into three factions. That way all other lesser servers are automatically aligned with one of the 3 higher-tier servers (TC, BG and JQ) and have a higher chance of earning rewards.

Because let’s be honest here: 3rd, 2nd and 1st place are always going to go to TC, BG and JQ because of it and that winning streak isn’t going to change any time soon.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

Actually, eotm is everything that I don’t want WvW to be. It promotes massive zerging over everything; too powerful vets for duos to take down in a moderate amount of time; cannons in the west part; buffs that make people invulnerable/ give them dmg redcution (looking at you 10% armour of koda).
Also, combining servers counters the whole idea of guilds playing together since atm it’s already pugging in overflows in eotm.
I’d rather have borderlands copy in the form overflows rather than eotm.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Actually, eotm is everything that I don’t want WvW to be. It promotes massive zerging over everything; too powerful vets for duos to take down in a moderate amount of time; cannons in the west part; buffs that make people invulnerable/ give them dmg redcution (looking at you 10% armour of koda).
Also, combining servers counters the whole idea of guilds playing together since atm it’s already pugging in overflows in eotm.
I’d rather have borderlands copy in the form overflows rather than eotm.

I’m curious, how then would you feel about bringing servers together in three factions, but keeping everything else as it is now (i.e. no map buffs, no powerful npcs, no random pugging, same borderlands, etc)?

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

im in Fergusons crossing and i havent seen a queue so far
its not dead but most of the time its like 10-30 people spread out on the 4 maps

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Doesnt take a genius to figure out that everyone would just stack on the highest ranked free transfer server(HoD).

I transferred to HoD. Your premise that people are “bandwagoning” isn’t true in every case.

In my research I found that I wanted a balance of play at night as well as the day – several servers looked promising but the coverage was lacking after midnight PST.

I started looking at all of the free servers since I don’t have any money (many players don’t…) and then I visited each one and ran with their pvE crowds to see what I was getting into as far as map chat or lack thereof.

HoD seemed “familiar” as did another server that was friendly as well, but the coverage 24/7 sold me. 3am pst and there are still people…. Magic. So far

Oh BTW, I didn’t even know that HoD won Bronze… so much for your “Bandwagon” theory.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I transferred to HoD. Your premise that people are “bandwagoning” isn’t true in every case.

In my research I found that I wanted a balance of play at night as well as the day – several servers looked promising but the coverage was lacking after midnight PST.

I started looking at all of the free servers since I don’t have any money (many players don’t…) and then I visited each one and ran with their pvE crowds to see what I was getting into as far as map chat or lack thereof.

HoD seemed “familiar” as did another server that was friendly as well, but the coverage 24/7 sold me. 3am pst and there are still people…. Magic. So far

Oh BTW, I didn’t even know that HoD won Bronze… so much for your “Bandwagon” theory.

Yes, because your singular data point definitely proves that HoD isn’t a bandwagon server.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

We all are accountable for our own actions.

Whoa my friend. You must be new here. In Guild Wars 2 you never admit blame to anything (even when it is highly evident). A lot like all the people blaming Warriors for being op, but in turn neither learn to play their class (or how to play in general for that matter) nor look at themselves wondering if they could possibly up their “game”.

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yes, because your singular data point definitely proves that HoD isn’t a bandwagon server.

It was a comment meant to derail the blanket statements that don’t apply to many not just to me.

Your point? At least I had one.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

R.I.P Low-Pop Servers

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

hmmm…..they had a great overnight presence before free transfers were mentioned? Don’t really remember them being better than CD in that department before they announced the transfer kitten…

And, from the person who talked about t2 earlier (FA person), I understand completely. T3 is so much better now that FA destacked, because we have some good fights, and not always running in a 60+ man zerg. Also, Mag loves those golem rushes. Back when they were 8 and we were 7 (right when our exodus started) they would actually golem rush our keeps at night. We would have 10 people on the map defending, they would bring 30 and golem rush. If 30 can’t beat 10, and they need golem rushes to actually take something, then that shows you the skill level they had.