Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

Would it be possible to introduce a live Feed in WvW similar to the one we have in Structured?

Maybe not in the exact same fashion, maybe even a new/separate chat window featuring WvW specific updates, but something like this would be awesome. I’ll list examples of some of the events that might roll through the feed. You could base some of this on the BL, or an area of the BL… I.e. divide each BL into fourths. Players in each quadrant receive updates from that quadrant only etc (if needed).

Player x has been killed by Player y.
Devona’s Rest has lost Redbriar to Isle of Janthir.
[GUILD] X has claimed Redbriar!
Redbriar has completed Upgrades under [GUILD] X

Would something like this be welcomed? Is it even possible considering the games engine etc? What do others think about this idea?

EDIT: My reason for suggesting this is to help create a community within WvW, both between team mates, but also enemies.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

(edited by Aeneasx.1589)

Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Announcing kills would spam the chat. I don’t really want the game announcing what’s happening on the map. If people aren’t watching the map, they should miss out on intel.

I like the claiming info though. Build some guild pride.

Gate of Madness

Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

Announcing kills would spam the chat. I don’t really want the game announcing what’s happening on the map. If people aren’t watching the map, they should miss out on intel.

I like the claiming info though. Build some guild pride.

That is why it would be a Separate feed or not in the way.

Also why I suggested the idea of quadrants.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Player X1, …, X50 killed player Y1

Player X1, …, X50 killed player Y50
in a zerg-fight is a bit much detail, isn’t it

There are several life-feeds for captured/lost and claimed, e.g. look at
millenium.org map-view or my favored one: http://wvw.rabbit-online.de

Upgrade Infos are not in the API, so they are not in a feed. And I think this is good, because:

Whatever is in a feed is known to all sides, i.e. you get a lot free scouting.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Real Time WvW Feed!!! =)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Would it be possible to introduce a live Feed in WvW similar to the one we have in Structured?

Maybe not in the exact same fashion, maybe even a new/separate chat window featuring WvW specific updates, but something like this would be awesome. I’ll list examples of some of the events that might roll through the feed. You could base some of this on the BL, or an area of the BL… I.e. divide each BL into fourths. Players in each quadrant receive updates from that quadrant only etc (if needed).

Would something like this be welcomed? Is it even possible considering the games engine etc? What do others think about this idea?

EDIT: My reason for suggesting this is to help create a community within WvW, both between team mates, but also enemies.

I hate that idea. The whole intent of WvW is to simulate an environment where strategy and positional awareness means something, and that includes having to devise your own means (scouts, deployed defenders, etc) for figuring out what is going on. Even crossed swords on the map somewhat defeats that.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]