Reflections on Season 3 of WvW Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: Paladin.1279

Paladin.1279

First and foremost, what a blast! I’ve never been more proud of our server! NSP had a fantastic time and did amazing, winning second place in the silver tier! Our server has gone from being 18th overall consistently to being bumped into silver league last minute for season 1 to place 8th in silver, to then placing 4th in season 2, to now being SECOND PLACE IN SILVER!!!! We have improved every tournament and have very steady progress in WvW over time (we are 13th now on millennium rankings) which is very cool. We had the closest match I think in our history against SBI and DR which had us all within 400 pts with 14 hours to go, I don’t know if there has been a closer match ever. It was intense! A huge thank you to all of you NSP BL defenders, some who stayed up 24 hours and 30 hours to hold the line! It literally came down to you all and the camp flippers/tower takers/havoc teams that kept a trickle of points coming in to put us up 1500 pts by the time the day players got on. AND the “fairweather” folks too who would not have logged on to WvW unless we were winning (unfortunate but true). Also a HUGE thank you to all our commanders who dedicate time and gold and frustration and glory to us!

Now for the gripes, then I will end positive again At two points in this tourney I was very disappointed. In week 3 our server gave up on Thursday when DB pulled ahead. Rather than fighting to the death to see if we could pull it out against their RIDICULOUS SEA population people threw in the towel and decided to just go for 2d place overall instead. I was disappointed greatly since gaming points on a tournament is life, but let’s face it we all really know that YB, CD, and DB are above NSP. To beat DB would’ve meant something special. But oh well. If the tournament was done the way it should have been done NSP would’ve finished 4th in silver again behind those 3 servers and ahead of DR and SBI, but like I said, oh well—we didn’t set up the tournament rules and points. The second disappointing thing was that the same thing almost happened in week 4. We have over 120 people actively playing on our NSP TS on Tues night. Wed and Thurs that population dropped by 40 or more, made no sense at all. There was a 3500 spread at 6:30 EST with us behind and people wouldn’t get in to WvW to save it. I was so mad I wanted to break something. But like I said, NSP defense pulled out some magic along with the havoc folks on Thursday night If NSP had 3 or 4 SEA guilds we would absolutely dominate. Hopefully we can get some transfers in. One last gripe is that some of us need training or something. I am so used to zergs being on the commander tag and following instructions in TS that it was flat out weird to have at least three occasions where no one would listen at all. First time was in morning when no other commanders were on. I tagged up out of desperation. Pugs/small guilds loosely followed me and at times did not listen at all. At one specific instance I told the TS channel to stack on me for might hidden out of site on staircase and even said it in “say” chat. Not a single person did. We had even numbers and because people didn’t listen and did seemingly random things we wiped and lost tower. Same thing happened to Ira in EB SBI Keep. He told everyone to get upstairs and hit cannons. Four people went. Same thing happened to Cyan the next week. People totally off tag in garrison waypoint doing random things. All three situations ended in needless wipes. The next day after the garrison wipe Fabian is running a mixed group in EB and people do exact perfection like they are in a major T1 guild and obliterate our opponents repeatedly. I am trying to wrap my head around what the failed times had in common but I can’t figure it out other than we need training for the smaller guilds and pugs. Dunno.

Let’s talk about Yak’s Bend now. I have nothing but respect for ya’ll! Very cool server. ya’ll are very good and in my opinion were the only people to challenge us in open/ field/siege situations with near even numbers at all (rest of the servers we usually beat your huge zergs with less people and that is a fact no matter how much you want it not to be). You have smart commanders, a huge population, and ya’ll are good and dominate, but are not cruel. You sweeped through us, papered everything, but didn’t hunker down and make it embarrassing. Then you did the same to the other server we were playing (DB), keeping it a fair fight for 2d place. Much respect to you and I hope ya’ll can hang against the T2 servers

Well that is enough rambling for now! What a great tourney and time!

PS You try hard roamers on DR and SBI that have to take the fight to npc’s to make sure you can revive when you die and then run away like a little kitten after you do need to get some skill

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

lol @ yaks bend. yaks is only a slightly more stacked server than the rest of those in the top of silver tier whose leaders have encouraged a toxic style of gameplay to win the game, aka bunkering in towers for 16 hours a day with 45 arrowcarts.

its probably the worst possible side of wvw because of how passive the gameplay style is. it removes all aspects of pvp from wvw whatsoever.

in WvW

Posted by: Paladin.1279

Paladin.1279

Defense wins if you don’t have an organized siege strategy. As in build some trebs if you have to, some cats closer, have eles/rangers nuke walls, and bring in golems. Or let them bunker and win. I love siege warfare along with the open field zerg fights! Makes me feel all medieval.

in WvW

Posted by: CboStL.4965

CboStL.4965

Grats. Enjoy the statue

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

After seeing the NSP zergs yesterday, there is absolutely no way you guys are better than BP, DB, DR, IOJ, and SBI. With even numbers and no siege, I would bet on those servers winning 9 out of 10 times.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

After seeing the NSP zergs yesterday, there is absolutely no way you guys are better than BP, DB, DR, IOJ, and SBI. With even numbers and no siege, I would bet on those servers winning 9 out of 10 times.

For the first time we had same numbers ;< as the oposing forces. Good effort from ther nsp commanders.

@Death, your wrong, nsp loose stuff becouse servers atack on stacked blob or when bl is empty, on resets i see other servers going almost the 80 man map limit stacked on full zerg or the need to full stack, most of the times we can barelly reach 20-30 players on EB reset, unless 2 or 3 wvw dedicated guild combine to go to same map. last reset all we had were some havok squads.
But at the other hand u are right we dont have the same coverage that other servers have, but if we had the same coverege as silver league servers or as most of them results would be very different.

None of our maps were qeueud except eb was queued for some time, and that is extremelly rare.

yes we are a small server.

P.S. Good luck Yack Slapper’s.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Now for the gripes, then I will end positive again At two points in this tourney I was very disappointed. In week 3 our server gave up on Thursday when DB pulled ahead. Rather than fighting to the death to see if we could pull it out against their RIDICULOUS SEA population people threw in the towel and decided to just go for 2d place overall instead. I was disappointed greatly since gaming points on a tournament is life, but let’s face it we all really know that YB, CD, and DB are above NSP. To beat DB would’ve meant something special. But oh well. If the tournament was done the way it should have been done NSP would’ve finished 4th in silver again behind those 3 servers and ahead of DR and SBI, but like I said, oh well—we didn’t set up the tournament rules and points. The second disappointing thing was that the same thing almost happened in week 4. We have over 120 people actively playing on our NSP TS on Tues night. Wed and Thurs that population dropped by 40 or more, made no sense at all. There was a 3500 spread at 6:30 EST with us behind and people wouldn’t get in to WvW to save it.

Don’t be upset with people not playing in week four the outcomes were already known by Wednesday of week 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

For the first time we had same numbers ;< as the oposing forces. Good effort from ther nsp commanders.

@Death, your wrong, nsp loose stuff becouse servers atack on stacked blob or when bl is empty, on resets i see other servers going almost the 80 man map limit stacked on full zerg or the need to full stack, most of the times we can barelly reach 20-30 players on EB reset, unless 2 or 3 wvw dedicated guild combine to go to same map. last reset all we had were some havok squads.
But at the other hand u are right we dont have the same coverage that other servers have, but if we had the same coverege as silver league servers or as most of them results would be very different.

None of our maps were qeueud except eb was queued for some time, and that is extremelly rare.

yes we are a small server.

P.S. Good luck Yack Slapper’s.

We had outmanned buff on your BL last night for the first hour or so right after reset. Only havoc squads? 25+ Zos and 30+ Os on your BL begs to differ.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

To me it was another 4 weeks where the devs had an excuse to not release updates for WvW.

These tournaments are nothing more than dangling carrots, the devs hoping players jump for the carrots and forget about everything else.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Knowing that another server has an overnight presence that yours does not is one of the greatest demoralizing factors in wvw. It won’t change until Anet addresses the coverage imbalance.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Knowing that another server has an overnight presence that yours does not is one of the greatest demoralizing factors in wvw. It won’t change until Anet addresses the coverage imbalance.

^yet this is the most true and critical statement.

-its a 24/7 open pk area.
-people leave tower and keep alone to full stack.
-some servers have minor crew are seted to face big numbers.
-was supose to be casual and players made it more important that was suposed to be.
-several bugs in towers / keep.
-stuff can be taken in a blink of an eye when organized.
-TS/Vent/Mumble more important(factor) than be under same tag/guild.

WvW needs atention and guilds needs to take a more impact/deph in the game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

It is a 24/7 game – why should off peak players be punished or rewarded just because they are unable to play for 3-4 hours during primetime?

The biggest problem is that some servers (like my own) are normally outnumbered during the night but still manage to tick high and defeat our foes. Any sort of buff given for outnumbered is merely going to increase our points further and when you are sometimes winning by 60-100k more than the other two servers it is just going to kill the game even faster. Take for example right this very moment in time, ER outnumber all with lots and lots and lots of golems but they are only ticking 40 pts more than ourselves and we’ve wiped them and their golems more than once tonight. Desolation were doing the same as ER until we took their garrison and killed all their golems while ER took their keep and killed all their golems so Deso gave up and went to bed. We never attacked a single structure all night with more than 2 golems.

So you see it has nothing to do with numbers… it is about organisation and not giving up.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

It is a 24/7 game – why should off peak players be punished or rewarded just because they are unable to play for 3-4 hours during primetime?

The biggest problem is that some servers (like my own) are normally outnumbered during the night but still manage to tick high and defeat our foes. Any sort of buff given for outnumbered is merely going to increase our points further and when you are sometimes winning by 60-100k more than the other two servers it is just going to kill the game even faster. Take for example right this very moment in time, ER outnumber all with lots and lots and lots of golems but they are only ticking 40 pts more than ourselves and we’ve wiped them and their golems more than once tonight. Desolation were doing the same as ER until we took their garrison and killed all their golems while ER took their keep and killed all their golems so Deso gave up and went to bed. We never attacked a single structure all night with more than 2 golems.

So you see it has nothing to do with numbers… it is about organisation and not giving up.

It has EVERYTHING to do with numbers/coverage and very little to do with organization and not giving up. The server with the bigger population/coverage ALWAYS wins. Only servers that are stomping their competition think otherwise. Get your head out of the sand.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Nymph of Meliai.6739

SFR were fighting with Vizunah for top EU spot for ages while still a medium populated server.

My head is out of the sand… you need to stop qq and making excuses for losing.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Unless you are on fa, mag, and now YB and haven’t seen the sos OCX train (I swear it is the entire que) you don’t know what coverage does. Best you can hope for is being a fly in the ointment at certain times……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Nymph of Meliai.6739

sorry… let me correct my posts… at first it is not about numbers… but after you wipe the enemy a few times with inferior numbers they end up quitting and then by default you end up with more numbers. But the initial fights are not about numbers but about organisation and commitment… if the enemy did not quit then they would still outnumber us.

For example, tonight we got wiped 3 times at desolation garrison before we took it on the fourth attempt – we did not give up… but after we took the garrison, desolation who outnumbered us, quit playing… ER tried to take our keep with probably 3x more people and about 7-10 golems and we wiped them, at the same time they tried to golem rush our garrison, and they ran away before we could wipe them again.

We then took their maps and they quit playing.

So now we tick 500+ after less than an hour of our foes quitting. If they did not quit so easily then we would still be ticking high but it would be much closer. That is the main difference… we wipe and we try and try again… they wipe a couple of times and quit playing.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

reflection ? coverage wins . tanking for easy match up wins.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It was stupid. Locking leagues was the worst idea ever for a Swiss-style tournament. Congrats to NSP and all, but I think the top servers of bronze and the bottom servers of silver should have gotten a chance to fight each other, and in no possible way do I think we should have gone up against servers like Dragonwagon. You can’t make a Swiss-style tourney based on a previously-established glicko and then lock leagues at the same time. It just didn’t work.

As for what to do with Gold, that is an entirely different part of WvW that belongs nowhere near the rest of the tiers.

Past the OP’s wall of text, I hope you continue to do well. I would hate to see a post-season plummet like ours and many other servers have seen. I see your matchup this week is against DR and CD. Good luck.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

PS You try hard roamers on DR and SBI that have to take the fight to npc’s to make sure you can revive when you die and then run away like a little kitten after you do need to get some skill

On second thought, forget all the nice things I said in my last post. Go back to jerking off over your own post and your self-congratulation. You didn’t need to insult anybody, but you did. Close this kittenin’ thread.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Now for the gripes, then I will end positive again At two points in this tourney I was very disappointed. In week 3 our server gave up on Thursday when DB pulled ahead. Rather than fighting to the death to see if we could pull it out against their RIDICULOUS SEA population people threw in the towel and decided to just go for 2d place overall instead. I was disappointed greatly since gaming points on a tournament is life, but let’s face it we all really know that YB, CD, and DB are above NSP. To beat DB would’ve meant something special. But oh well. If the tournament was done the way it should have been done NSP would’ve finished 4th in silver again behind those 3 servers and ahead of DR and SBI, but like I said, oh well—we didn’t set up the tournament rules and points. The second disappointing thing was that the same thing almost happened in week 4. We have over 120 people actively playing on our NSP TS on Tues night. Wed and Thurs that population dropped by 40 or more, made no sense at all. There was a 3500 spread at 6:30 EST with us behind and people wouldn’t get in to WvW to save it.

Don’t be upset with people not playing in week four the outcomes were already known by Wednesday of week 3.

Asglarek you must be thinking of a different match. Week for wend down to Friday before we knew who would win. And 2nd place wasn’t decided until the last hours before reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

~snip~

Wow the Kool-Aid is even better on SFR than on BG. Must be cherry red.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

For some weird reason some SFR players keep insist that they win solely do their superior organization. I admit that they have a good organization and probably pay their scouts better than Desolation. But they also have roughly twice the WvWvW population compared to other top servers in EU. And also the biggest queues.

The server population (medium, high, very high) has been irrelevant to the WvWvW population. Underworld was for a long time a very high population server, but never being in in top tiers, due having a relatively small WvWvW population. Now they are only a medium population server, because most of their guilds and players moved to other servers. Currently SFR, Desolation and Kodash are all very high population servers.

I can understand SFR claims that they are outnumbered during 3-6 am GMT. Desolation night crew is strong at that time. But in the morning till long way to the afternoon Desolation usually has outnumbered buff on 3/4 maps and we often have outnumbered buff even in prime time = evening time in EU. Yes, outside reset we can rarely fill all the maps. Often just queue to one map, which is usually EB.

Here are couple of screen shots. The 1st is from the Fall tournament, taken in the evening prime time. Enemy servers might be falsely thinking that Desolation was losing the match ups, because we had bad strategy. We were outnumbered almost all the time. Having just a total of 10 players on the entire map while both enemy servers roll with 30+ man blobs and even have queue to the same border (I know this, because I have friends on other servers and I can ask their queue situation. So if e.g. they have a queue on same map it is pretty much guaranteed they have around 70 on that map, we have 10. How does 10 vs 70 sound?). Screen shot taken in prime time, showing that no queue to any border. The next two screen shots show typical situations with SFR. EU rank 1 vs EU rank 2.

Attachments:

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Couple of more screen shots. This is from current week and home border. SFR vs 1 Deso. You can guess who won. Oh, and thanks for those blueprints over my head.

Most Desolation players have stopped solo roaming a long time ago as it has become too difficult. I still do not rely on any stealth, no shadowsteps, no easy GS rush to escape, no perplexity rune or condi bunker spam to win. Solo roaming is fun, but risky.

Attachments:

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Final screen shot from this week – a very typical situation. About 10 Desolation on the entire map. Both enemy servers have more numbers. Can we please stop this utterly misleading information that winning has nothing to do with numbers? Of course numbers do matter!

Coverage and numbers are the two most important things in WvWvW win. After that comes persistence, leadership and organization.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Not defending Deso but…

SFR has 24/7 Blobs.

Borderlands at 6pm, 9pm, 12am, 3am etc are filled with SFR blobs.

Am actually bored of it.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in WvW

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Im happy with 24/7 blobs but you need that on both sides.

Some sort of consolidation of server populations or a rethink of how wvw works.

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Im happy with 24/7 blobs but you need that on both sides.

Some sort of consolidation of server populations or a rethink of how wvw works.

Exactly. There should be a balance of power. I personally find even matches most satisfying.

Sadly the leadership of the EU rank 1 server never understood this and kept recruiting more players even when they were already stacked. I intentionally stopped recruitment for few months in summer to avoid too large gap between EU rank 2 and EU rank 3 and getting queues. I know Desolation used to be called the biggest blobbing server, but that biggest blobbing commander moved to another server. And look where we are now. Even Gandara (EU rank #8) has bigger queues right now.

Luckily Arenanet is finally taking a look at the coverage and population imbalance problem. They have the capability to solve this if they want. They can merge servers, split up servers into two, change the scoring. An easy solution is to halve the player limits on each map. This can be implemented instantly over night. Allowing max half of the current players on each map. Lag would be much smaller. This would cause major queues on some over stacked servers, but it would even out the situation significantly and also cause some players to voluntarily leave for less over stacked server or just go to EotM. So after few months things would normalize to a healthier balance.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

SFR were fighting with Vizunah for top EU spot for ages while still a medium populated server.

Lawl at this.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have 82 medals. 49 gold medals. It’s scary how good i am.
Good fights today in EotM. Green even got guild blob. Hard fights.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

Oh no SFR offers fights 24/7, it’s so annoying when you’re trying to play wvw and there’s enemies

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

probably pay their scouts better than Desolation.

do u rly pay to ppl for scouting on Deso ??? ahahaha

The server population (medium, high, very high) has been irrelevant to the WvWvW population.*

yes thats it.. did u know Baruch Bay has “medium” and Gandara “high” population? look how high they both are.. deso just somehow misscliked and joined wvw maps.. its pure pve server.. u can also notice, they get outmembered buff everytime when jormag is up.. they have got 0 tick several times during season, and best one was when BB was able to flip deso keep in EBG on sunday just after prime time

Seafarer Never Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Deniara Devious.3948

I’m sorry, but how all your complaints are related to SFR???
Deso is a huge server, where are your players?
How is SFR fault that Deso prefer PvE then WvW?
And why the hell noone told me that we are paying for scouting?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Outside of the regular WvWers, the rest of Desolation population showed up on reset and odd days, so the tournament was just a waste of time really.
I don’t see the point in anymore Tournaments with the state of WvW at the moment.

Hopefully with Anet showing some intent listen to us, we’ll see the changes we want made to WvW sooner rather than later. For many this is our end-game content that is lacking anything apart from silly things like Tournaments, masteries and Siege disablers, cosmetic changes that are just there as add-ons, rather than wholesale changes.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

The only reason the last match was close was down to SBI’s NA dying out around week two. The SEA guys mostly played the way they always played, and NSP decided to stay up all Thursday/Friday. So what exactly are you complaining about? You won.

Numbers get PPT. That is just the way it is. I can tell you it seems like we won every fight last week – we literally had pugs wiping guild groups – but it doesn’t mean much without numbers and organization.

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

“Winning a match” has everything to do with coverage/population. If you think otherwise then you are either very naive or delusional or maybe you’re new to the game but the facts are the facts whether you want to believe or not.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Gold league and this week’s match hopefully showed Anet that bc the glicko rating does not account for wvw player transfer, it leads to uncompetative matches. Fix the ratings! S3 would have been more competative in both gold and silver if Maguuma didnt get kittened by that random roll to stay in T2 right before the season. It was like SoR getting stuck in silver all over again.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948
Deso is a huge server, where are your players?
How is SFR fault that Deso prefer PvE then WvW?

Ring of Fire, Dzagonur and Miller’s Sound are also very high population servers, yet their EU ranks are: 21st, 20th and 19th. Isn’t this obvious that the server total population is different from the WvWvW population. The main reasons why Fall tournament was such a let down, are:
- lack of proper rewards (max 2 weapon skins and a limited time finisher = yawn)
- lack of achievements (requiring players to do just 5 WvWvW events/Week was a joke. You can just kill 2 dolyaks and capture one camp and already 3/5 done in 1 minute solo! They should have required at least 50 enemy invader kills per week, capture 5 camps, 3 towers and 1 keep).
- massive population and coverage imbalance (which still persists, look at http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups and most matches are blow outs)

I maybe got lucky with the loot, but I made around 1000 g profit in WvWvW in last 2 months, playing quite casually just few hours per day. The enemy blobbing makes the game profitable for Desolators and the outnumbered buff gives faster WXP and better loot, but most players seem to hate to play the constant outnumbered status. Even I admit it is tiring. It is hit and run – rinse and repeat. I heard many others complain they lost a lot more gold than they made. I used skill points to make the superior siege, so the cost wasn’t that high.

Many Desolation solo and small scale roamers have stopped the roaming completely as the current meta makes it very difficult (unless you play a build, which has easy way to disengage or vanish in stealth). Surely every server blobs, but a certain server blobs more than others. I am still personally enjoying solo roaming and have no plans to quit it.

Several prominent Desolation players and commanders are now taking a rest. This started already in the mid tournament. I haven’t even seen them logged into the game already for a long time. This obviously have a big impact on our numbers. I am soon traveling abroad, so I will be most likely unable to play the game for several weeks. Hopefully our ranking has then dropped to around rank 5-6, which is a better estimate of our current numbers. We will make a come back at some point.

I am still a bit sad that SFR players do not seem to understand the concept of balance of power and Arenanet hasn’t yet acted in anyway to restore the balance. CDI is a good start though. More equal and even situation is better for the long term health of this game. I am not asking SFR players to come to Desolation. It is unrealistic to think you moving to your rival, but perhaps migrate to other less populous servers, Far Shiverpeaks, Jade Sea and Baruch Bay are all medium population, thus relatively cheap transfers.

I know most of you think Desolation is a pve server, but this is wrong. We are pvx (x = anything). We have several hard core guilds, which pretty much only focus on WvWvW and the number of such guilds has risen since the Spring tournament, but most of these guilds are quite small in size. The no queue situation is ideal for guild raids = no time spent waiting.

Arenanet should start a CDI about tournament well before the next Season.

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

I am not asking SFR players to come to Desolation. It is unrealistic to think you moving to your rival, but perhaps migrate to other less populous servers, Far Shiverpeaks, Jade Sea and Baruch Bay are all medium population, thus relatively cheap transfers.

u must be joking..

Several prominent Desolation players and commanders are now taking a rest. This started already in the mid tournament.

thats the best time to take break.. nice job deso
u r still talking and proving the same.. your server community is just joke thats all .. accept it and make it better.. what your community did to improve? how did your community prepared for season?

Seafarer Never Rest

in WvW

Deniara Devious.3948

u r still talking and proving the same.. your server community is just joke thats all .. accept it and make it better.. what your community did to improve? how did your community prepared for season?

Well, I don’t think anybody would have guessed that the Fall Tournament would require just 5 events per week to get the rewards. The achievements were a joke compared to previous seasons. The rewards are also so low = max 800 tickets =2 weapon skins at best. Now try to motivate the fair weather players come to WvWvW with that? Situation would have been completely different if the achievements were similar to previous seasons.

Contrary to your belief Desolation still has a good WvWvW organization. We just lack numbers outside the 1-2 hours peak time and reset. We still have great PuG commanders and great guilds. Even when we are having outnumbered “buff” on the map zone, we still manage to defeat large enemy groups in open field fights and get great loot. Several hero banners + good food (lemongrass) at the spawn. Friendly people + good humor in the server wide TeamSpeak. When we can fill 1-3 maps at prime time, we generally tick higher than other servers. SFR is winning in total points, not because of the prime time, but because of its off time coverage (morning + noon + afternoon). Reminds me of Vizunah Square in its glory days: huge blobs and winning with off-time coverage, just that the coverage difference is even bigger.

I really don’t understand why SFR players need to be so rude and constantly trash talk Desolation organization being so bad. If our organization is so bad, then how are we EU rank 2? Are you telling that EU rank 3-27 are even worse and they should all just transfer to SFR and create the mega mighty 1000+ player queues 24h7? In my opinion WvWvW needs more evenly spread population.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.7502

Moderator.7502

Greetings,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss