Remember the stealth

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Nanazaken.8069

Nanazaken.8069

It’s not like all the “top” classes have something all the other classes don’t
- Aoe aegis/buffs/heals/heavy armor/Empower lmfao
- Ridiculous aoe damage and better range damage than “RANGERS” (What?)
- Ridiculous mobility/damage, heavy armor and chain able immobile cc (Hammer train meta!)

So we have Elementalists, Guards and Warriors running the show (Necros are actually ridiculously under rated as well, very good with aoe and tanky from condi builds + the nerfs to critical damage next patch) and you guys want to nerf the 1v1 heroes who are taking your camps while you’re Pvdooring? Okay.

Just remember you’ll be kittened on the dredge fractal without that stealth because of the bug!

I don’t even play thief, I play mesmer and guard.

(edited by Nanazaken.8069)

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

I agree with OP…. when i get a stealth thief i often say like sigh, here we go but dont think its a broken mechanic or it needs a nerf…..

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe give every class perma stealth.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Nanazaken.8069

Sure, give everyone heavy armor like Guards/Warriors and damage like Elementalists too, then we can just delete every class since they’ll all be the same. Come back with another drooled out response, I love reading them.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sure, give everyone heavy armor like Guards/Warriors and damage like Elementalists too, then we can just delete every class since they’ll all be the same. Come back with another drooled out response, I love reading them.

Why not. You can’t see anybody so it doesn’t really matter what armor they wear.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Nanazaken.8069

Why not. You can’t see anybody so it doesn’t really matter what armor they wear.

Because stats on gear exist, Sir Trollsalot.

(edited by Nanazaken.8069)

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Nanazaken.8069

OP has buttbuddies who play Thieves.

or the community is complaining that they can’t 1v1 thieves and kill them every time with their main lmfao

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Broken or op, nah not really.

Irritating and stupid. That’s what I would call the mechanic.

Yeah… just plain stupid.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Nanazaken, I’m going to say this because apparently I have to bring this up EVERY SINGLE TIME somebody QQs about the QQing about stealth being OP…the main problem people have isn’t that the enemy can stealth, it’s HOW MUCH THEY CAN DO IT. If you’re fighting D/P or somebody with an offhand Dagger, they have access to stealth that can be reused almost every 6 seconds. That is the only problem people have with it, how much access a thief has to it. Imagine if a Guardian could proc Aegis almost every 6 seconds, you’d see a ton of complaints about it too.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

most annoying mechanic in pvp ever. there’s your answer ez mode player.

OP’d thief, lol

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Healing signet wars with perma speed covering half a map in 2-3 jumps. Chain fear necros, cond engys, PU cond mesmers, meditation guards. You all annoy me and i am not playing glass thief with only method to survive is stealth. I wouldn’t mind 10% backstab reduction otherwise in my opinion Thieves are not that bad and in a good place.
It is highly unpleasant when good glass thief put you on your kitten with 2-3 hits but it is usually your own fault. Don’t go on glass zerk builds in WVW.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Nanazaken.8069

Nanazaken, I’m going to say this because apparently I have to bring this up EVERY SINGLE TIME somebody QQs about the QQing about stealth being OP…the main problem people have isn’t that the enemy can stealth, it’s HOW MUCH THEY CAN DO IT. If you’re fighting D/P or somebody with an offhand Dagger, they have access to stealth that can be reused almost every 6 seconds. That is the only problem people have with it, how much access a thief has to it. Imagine if a Guardian could proc Aegis almost every 6 seconds, you’d see a ton of complaints about it too.

Listen bud, if Thief was the most broken class in wvw we would be zerging with only thieves and no other class would see play. Sure it’s annoying but Thief is no where close to the power level of Anet’s poster child Warriors. And it’s amusing to watch those very same warrior mains come to these forums and post that cancerous text. If you’re using berserker, you’re going to die. This is wvw, not pve. Thanks.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Nanazaken.8069

most annoying mechanic in pvp ever. there’s your answer ez mode player.

Ez mode player? I play shatter mesmer mostly lol

Ez mode is Warrior
You can be terrible at this game and still get away as a warrior

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

It is highly unpleasant when good glass thief put you on your kitten with 2-3 hits but it is usually your own fault. Don’t go on glass zerk builds in WVW.

So thief can go glass cannon and survive but not other classes ? logic !

Stealth is my only defense while I play glass cannon, if stealth was nerfed I would die like the rest of you and I don’t want to, I just want to backstab and feel good about myself.

Thief must be able to kill any other classes because we cannot partecipate to zergs, and we are also pro players the rest of you must l2p.

Conditions are broken ! I have 0 condi cleanse because I need to invest everything in stealth/burst.

No but seriously, stealth needs to be reworked, go play in OS and count how many thiefs are there… a lot ? you know why ? because it’s the best class for 1vs1 and people play it because they want easy fights, they don’t want to learn how to manage cds or dodges, they just want to spam.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

So thief can go glass cannon and survive but not other classes ? logic !

Stealth is my only defense while I play glass cannon, if stealth was nerfed I would die like the rest of you and I don’t want to, I just want to backstab and feel good about myself.

Thief must be able to kill any other classes because we cannot partecipate to zergs, and we are also pro players the rest of you must l2p.

Conditions are broken ! I have 0 condi cleanse because I need to invest everything in stealth/burst.

No but seriously, stealth needs to be reworked, go play in OS and count how many thiefs are there… a lot ? you know why ? because it’s the best class for 1vs1 and people play it because they want easy fights, they don’t want to learn how to manage cds or dodges, they just want to spam.

+1

Everything here = truth.
Thieves are a medium weight profession. You don’t have to spec in to stealth or be glassy to win fights.. Thieves just seem to forget that Berserker stats and 100% stealth uptime aren’t the only options available to them. There are plenty of other ways to roll your Thief but because the vast majority would rather be a troll and get easy kills they blame everyone for needing to L2P.. You’re the ones giving yourselves a bad name, not us.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

Stealth isn’t too bad in WvW if you take some time out to play a thief and know where they are going, or learn its durations and bring a blocking ability. Being able to run a roaming setup until you get to your group and then being able to retrait will help this (I’m going to bait and destroy so many thieves on my mesmer after the patch, it’s going to be so fun).

Stealth just gets a bad name because perma-stealth is relatively broken and gets abused by a large number of thieves that cant hack pvp so they pick on zerg builds or upscales running from spawn in WvW because thats all they can kill.

Personally I think the most OP thing in a thief’s entire lineup isn’t stealth or backstab, it’s Heartseeker – spammable gap closer that does 25% of a full bunkers hp, people complain about 11111 in blobs, but at least there you have to also press movement keys.

Personally I would leave heart-seeker hitting as hard as it does, but remove the leap, no skill-free 2 spam, no smoke field combo (yes, this would cause an immense level of qq). Then Anet can get round to giving thief the out of stealth buffs it deserves.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Why thieves are stupid?
You can’t beat them 1v1 if they aren’t totally stupid. You can make them run (and they will for sure come back) while they always have the chance to kill you.
2 people on same skill level will always end up thief escapes or thief wins – you can’t win.

In all my gaming history I’ve never met a class which was so annoying to fight. Anet really needs to get rid of the actual stealth mechanic.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Stealth is godly annoying but i kinda see that’s mostly the only defense for glass cannon thieves.

What shouldn’t be allowed is to stealth finish a foe (the typical down→stealth→finish tactic), otherwise just instant kill me when downed by a thief and let me not waste the 3secs it takes him to finish me off.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Stealth has no counter. There is no way or something actually you can do in the fight for counter it or play vs it. Whack a mole is not a counter, is not a real thing to do.

Shadow refuge is a free “alt-F4” from combat in only 60s cd. You can push/pull out? seriously? The thief can still dodge inside, and not so many classes can push/pull aoe without target. And the amount of buff the thief receive in stealth is enough to survive. Shadow refuge is good enough to be an elite skill with 180/240s CD.

Blocks should reveal the thief in blocked backstabs. To stop the ridiculous spamming.

Heartseeker is a joke, some thief only spam that, dash/low cost/no CD and high damage when you are low is too much. Need CD or more initiative points to cast it.

The problem is that is not stealth, that is invisibility, a perma invisibility. The problem is the amount of invisibility the thief can spam (or PU mesmer) and you actually can’t counter it, only wait for the enemy. The enemy has the absolute control over the fight. And you can’t change it. Only dish out damage where the thief or mesmer “MAYBE” is.

And another annoying thing? The thief who “lose” don’t run away, they try the fight again, and again, and again… pretty annoying, you can’t kill him, you can’t run away, only WP and avoid that annoying endless fight.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

Stealth Trap

Works every time

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

Stealth Trap

Works every time

Lol. I’ve never been hit by a stealth trap because it’s obvious where people place them. Not a counter.

OP’d thief, lol

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

^^

You are smarter than most apparently

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Stealth Trap

Works every time

Lol. I’ve never been hit by a stealth trap because it’s obvious where people place them. Not a counter.

Gosh i’d love to beat some one in the midst of a stealth trap. whenever i beat some one they bank on me abusing stealth as their, “yeah well i would have won if etc…” so if i could just fight everyone with perma revealed that’d be great. no more QQ’s

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

i wouldnt mind them having their perma stealth if there were more options to reveal them. on my mesmer all i have is my null field which they can just avoid or go back to stealthing a second after it reveals them.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

i wouldnt mind them having their perma stealth if there were more options to reveal them. on my mesmer all i have is my null field which they can just avoid or go back to stealthing a second after it reveals them.

Yeah…that’s not a thing. Null field doesn’t touch stealth.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

So we have Elementalists, Guards and Warriors running the show (Necros are actually ridiculously under rated as well, very good with aoe and tanky from condi builds + the nerfs to critical damage next patch)

I think you are exaggerating….
Ele are nowhere running the show.
Before the tornado became popular (1 attack every 3 min) they were going extinct or just considered Buffbot.

And you know why? our role of roamer was nerfed to the ground to address a PVP build.

Now its your turn :| it seems…since WWW is not taken in account during balancing (see thieves and warriors), you know where you should complain…..

Complaining of a profession that can attack once every 3 minutes and then go back to its buffbot role is not fun.

P.S. i m strongly in favor to give rangers the dps of a D/D ele….
Seeing its a nerf would serve you well

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

There are no hard counters to stealth in this game. Unclear why not, but their lack badly breaks stealth. Teso has a much better stealth system. You should try it.

OP’d thief, lol

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.9426

Wraith.9426

I’ve mained a Thief since launch, and all the stealth crying is just laughable. Glass cannon Thieves are incredibly squishy. If they fail to kill you in their initial burst, or you can CC them in any way, they are dead. The permastealth Thief, on the other hand, can’t dish out a lot of damage. That was always a scouting build for survival. Of course they are annoying to kill, that’s the entire point of that build. I’ve actually had the most success with a condition build, and I think that’s the strongest Thief roaming build, yet no one complains about that on the forums.

Bottom line: If you further nerf stealth, you have to increase the Thief’s base HP. It’s really too low as it is. Warriors, for instance, start out with twice our effective HP, but we don’t do twice their dps. Guardian has more defense from their higher armor class, but they also have passive health regen. Even Elementalist, the only class with a lower base eHP than Thief, has options to increase their armor rating or gain passive healing. Thief is already the squishiest class, nerfing their defenses should not even be on the table.

Blackgate ~~[Ons]laught~~

Remember the stealth

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’ve mained a Thief since launch, and all the stealth crying is just laughable. Glass cannon Thieves are incredibly squishy. If they fail to kill you in their initial burst, or you can CC them in any way, they are dead. .

These are possible the issues:

1) as you said “if they fail to kill you” that means that all is in the hand of the thief… defender skill has less impact.

2) “squishy” thief is all but squishy…but since its so easy to avoid to pay for mistake, people go full glass cannon

3) if they fail to kill you they can: evade and restealth, blind, run away, shadow .return breaking stun and curing condition….they have the most insane defensive mechanics in the Whole game…..

4) they also have built in evasions in their skills…skills that break every possible balance if compared to other profession skills

5) initiative system …

Their only balancing is they are umnable to capture point while stealthed…so they are almost balanced for pvp and horrible broken in WWW where no decent thief can be killed by anyone.
The low skill floor in www hinders the improvement of many thief players makingpossible to kill them, but that doesn t mean the profession is not the main balance offender in WWW since release.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.