Season 1 Reward Chest Meets Expectations

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The Season 1 reward is about exactly what I expected — something comparable to what we get for every other living story meta:

• Special item (in this case: a mini)
  • Title (sometimes)
  • Some loot that can be acquired easily doing other things, in this case: ascended raw mats, luck, and a handful of items.
  • A ton of achievement points, that put you closer to getting achievement chests.

From speaking to others, it didn’t seem any easier or harder to get than any other Living Story meta:

1. Those who do this type of content already found themselves with all/most of the meta without going out of their way.
  2. Those who dislike this type of content found it grindy.
  3. Those who find other things a lot more fun than WvW went back to those other things.
  4. Those who are completely new found out if they like this type of content and continued (type 1), persevered (type 2), or returned to the parts of the game they do like (type 3).

Season 1 motivated me to look again for a WvW-focused guild that suited my play style. I found one and had a blast playing with them and don’t really care about the rewards. (If I hadn’t found such a group, I would have returned to dungeons, boss events, and other types of PvE.)

Like every other living story achievement meta, the bonus rewards are much less than the cumulative loot received by working towards the meta: with Fractured, you got more empyreal fragments from the daily bonus chests than from the meta and with Tower of Nightmares, you got more loot from the chamber/dungeon end chests than the meta (which offered no loot).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

This game has worse rewards than Diablo 3, and that’s saying something.

I play WvW for its own merits, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to be rewarded accordingly. If you think ~1.5G and a limited use skin is an appropriate reward for forty hours of playtime… well, that’s like your opinion, man.

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

If this is the way to introduce PvE players to WvW, those will turn around and leave asap. Yes, WvW is fun and you should mainly play it because of this. This doesn’t mean that we can’t have a better reward system though.

Why give us loot in the first place, when all we see is junk, blues and greens?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I played daily, for the whole season and i get 1 exotic item worth less then 1g on the TP…

A friend who played just the first week to get the key got a precursor.

If this is the kitten players have to put up with for actually playing/wasting their time…to get what? Honestly just go sell your game to a company that actually knows how to reward their players.

Thx for scamming me into investing time into your game…but never again.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

not that I care that much, but it takes me 1 night to complete the normal living world, not 4 weeks. Not a good comparison.

If I can get a guaranteed gold plus for every dragon I kill per day., why cant a rank chest and season chest have that?

(edited by Jaxs.5830)

in WvW

Posted by: Fadaxo.6943

Fadaxo.6943

I am from SoR and we were in gold league and we got the third position.
In the guild that I am enrolled around 100 people got the key and no one got at least one exotic.
So disapointed, if I had spent my time, one hour or less, doing 3 temple I would receive more things.
We spent a lot of hours in WvW doing a lot of boring things and the WvW was a mess because no one were doing colaborative game and they just wanted to get the achievements, and now we have this. nothing.
Thank you Anet! You did great, oh you did.
You must be glad about this joke you did giving us this loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Blackgate here
The chest reward was a slap on my face, if i knew it would be this bad i would not have wasted time killing 225 dolyaks

in WvW

Posted by: Jik.3156

Jik.3156

In the guild that I am enrolled around 100 people got the key and no one got at least one exotic.
So disapointed, if I had spent my time, one hour or less, doing 3 temple I would receive more things.
We spent a lot of hours in WvW doing a lot of boring things and the WvW was a mess because no one were doing colaborative game and they just wanted to get the achievements, and now we have this. nothing.

SoR took 4th.

in WvW

Posted by: Fadaxo.6943

Fadaxo.6943

SoR took 4th.

Talk to the guys from Blackgate or JQ and ask them what they thing about the chest. Everybody is disapointed. At least 99%.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I can get a typical PvE meta done in 1-2 days. This took many weeks of hard fighting. It should have had a far better reward than this. I spent far more on food alone doing WvW (nevermind siege etc.) than I got back from this chest. That’s pathetic.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I was expecting getting kittenty rewards in the chest but it didn’t even meet that criteria.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

SoR took 4th.

Talk to the guys from Blackgate or JQ and ask them what they thing about the chest. Everybody is disapointed. At least 99%.

Blackgate here, we got the same thing everyone else did: Massive Disappointment

in WvW

Posted by: Jik.3156

Jik.3156

SoR took 4th.

The chest is nearly the same for all server rankings, with the exception that 1st gets 1 random exotic.

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

6 greens —> I see no point in that. Got literally hundrets of greens during the 7 weeks.
3 rares --> salvaged for ectos… again: got far more in 7 weeks.
2 exotics —> Both less than 1g on the TP. Not useable by my character.
Mini Dolyak --> personally I don’t care about Minis, but great for the collectors out there.
100 Dragonite —> ok
100 Empyreal --> got enough stacks already
5 Scrolls of Knowledge —> ok nice I guess
10 Tomes of Knowledge --> Good for people who want to level alts
Taste of WXP —> why only one?
500 Luck --> nothing special again, after hundrets of greens from WvW

I can’t see a lot of people excited about more than one of these. Compare this to the Jade Weapons / Tickets for these… people were so happy when they got one. They could showcase their combat-equipment and built whole armorsets in the colourscheme of the new weapon.

What I would have loved as rewards:
an exclusive skin useable in combat (armor, weapon, backbag)

WvW is all about combat. Why not give the players exclusive gear that reminds them of that great victory? Even the SAB had it’s own weapon-set with different colours depending on their achievements.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!