Season 2 Poll results are in.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Q:

Poll have officially closed. http://www.gw2wvw.net/content/are-you-you-looking-forward-season-2-leagues

Poll questions Are you you looking forward to Season 2 of the leagues ?

*29% Yes
*15% Maybe
*56% No

This is not a large sample and shouldnt be used to shoot down a season 2.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

I’m sure that if there was a poll ingame the results would be the same

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet has been very quiet about season 2 as well though.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I think we need a season 2 if for no other reason than to see how many people will still server stack expecting an amazing season 2 reward chest…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, I don’t think anyone was really happy with season 1. The league were separated in such a way that the best fights were in other tiers. It just didn’t work out well.

A league is only a good idea once scoring is adjusted to account for population.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Honestly, seasons wouldn’t be that bad if tiers could properly balance out for competitive weeks instead of predetermined victors each week based on coverage as opposed to skill. I’m not sure about the other tiers, but as more and more T1 guilds are leaving to other tiers, I’m hoping the current T2 servers will be able to stand up to the current T1 servers by the start of the next season if there is one.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Poll have officially closed. http://www.gw2wvw.net/content/are-you-you-looking-forward-season-2-leagues

Poll questions Are you you looking forward to Season 2 of the leagues ?

*29% Yes
*15% Maybe
*56% No

This is not a large sample and shouldnt be used to shoot down a season 2.

Probably less than 200 people went through the effort of registering for a site just to vote in a poll. The results to this poll are pretty much meaningless.

in WvW

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

Actually statistically, this isn’t bad at all. If you look at normal polling used in public (gallup for example), it’s usually based on only 100-200 people. If we assume a 95% confidence (which is huge since for example, military operational test only uses an 80% confidence), and not sure about the population size (guessing 10k?), this is within +-10%. Without having a handy math reference with me, if we drop to an 80% confidence interval we’re probably within +-5%

It’s honestly more important to determine who were polled and are they representative of the population, and I would say, for those who wanted to actually go through the effort to sign up and vote, this is more of the ‘hardcore’ part of the wvw community which is a subset of the main population. So this poll is actually likely even more accurate should we be asking anet to cater to the primary wvw population.

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I think the no vote isnt quite accurate because alot of ppl said no due to the ridiculous queues which will be sorted by next week, in which case could change the results significantly. As for me i wish they continued season 2 str8 after season 1 and so on, I cant w8 for season 2 if there will be one. And before anyone says it no i wasnt on a winner server or in tier 1 for that matter.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

Interesting would be, what the PvE fraction is thinking.

Greezzz

in WvW

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

I’m okay with a season. I’m not okay with yet another set of achievements to grind.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I think the no vote isnt quite accurate because alot of ppl said no due to the ridiculous queues which will be sorted by next week, in which case could change the results significantly. As for me i wish they continued season 2 str8 after season 1 and so on, I cant w8 for season 2 if there will be one. And before anyone says it no i wasnt on a winner server or in tier 1 for that matter.

Very few servers, even T1 servers, have queues any longer. SoR usually has 3 maps open during NA prime. Frankly, EOTM is about 6 months too late.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

As for me i wish they continued season 2 str8 after season 1 and so on, I cant w8 for season 2 if there will be one. And before anyone says it no i wasnt on a winner server or in tier 1 for that matter.

There was no winner in season 1, which is why they shouldnt proceed to season 2 without fixing the obvious problems that everyone pointed too when they announced season 1 and which have gone ignored.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Now that EotM is being released, i would like to change my vote from no to maybe.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Anet has been very quiet about season 2 as well though.

To be fair they have never been vocal about WvW in general. Personally I would love a second season, but this time without them changing it mid-season (here’s looking at you Toxic crap) like they promised.

I would also take it even slower to achieve the meta this time round, considering that the only reward that was worth it was the title. I would be okay with no achievements linked to the season too. (pun intended)

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I think we need a season 2 if for no other reason than to see how many people will still server stack expecting an amazing season 2 reward chest…

I don’t care so much about the loot, but I was disappointed there was absolutely no acknowledgement of any position but 1st.

TC pulled off an upset to get 3rd, it could have happened just on points, but we legitimately beat a T1 server. We got nothing for it. Maguuma worked hard to get into gold, they got nothing for it.

I don’t care about the loot, it’s just some acknowledgement of those achievements. A good solution would have been to give everybody a finisher, gold for the gold league, silver for silver, bronze for bronze, and then add a number to it for your placement.

Blackgate would have a gold finisher with a #1 on it. TC would have a gold finisher with a #3 on it. Mag would have gold with a #6, which would still allow them to laugh at FA’s silver # 1.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Matches would have to be better selected, rewards would have to be worth while not something we could get from 5 minutes of PvE. Also it would be nice if Devon was left in the dark, his ego got in the way of listening to the players and having a better expeirence all around.