Server Population Loss

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Since thread title was changed…

Add kaineng to the list of Servers who are dying because of the stupidity of bloodlust and leagues.

The tally:
Darkhaven
Devona’s Rest
Gate of Madness
Kaineng
Anvil Rock

I am a player on SBI and I can honestly say I feel badly for all of the WvW players on the aforementioned servers. As a recipient of some of the transfer guilds, it kind of makes me realize the same thing could have happened to our server. Heck, the same thing did happen to our server 8 months ago when big guilds packed their bags and left because of ArenaNet’s shortsightedness. Communities are being destroyed one by one as WvW guilds pack up their bags and move off of servers that they have called home since launch. How many other servers must survive brutal exoduses that see the life sucked out of them before action is taken? How many casual players (yes that is what ANET thinks all of us non sPvP players are) must be affected before you stop the bleeding, admit the leagues were a mistake, and do right by all of the players you’ve forced to shell out 1800 gems because you are making the game unplayable on their home servers?

Star Player
[KEK]

(edited by Radioactive.1248)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Evernessince.8035

Evernessince.8035

I’m from GoM and boy how things have changed. Our WvW population is about 1/5th of what it was a week ago. It’s not even funny, we have out-manned during our prime-time.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Kaineng is on there twice.

I get what you’re saying, but those people chose to move. Not much else to say.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

GoM here. Guildless now.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

Kaineng is on there twice.

That bad there, huh?

D:

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: sered.5618

sered.5618

The fat ladies not singing just yet, the kain train may still surprise a few.

Only Kaineng .

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

The fat ladies not singing just yet, the kain train may still surprise a few.

La la la laaa, la la la….

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: sered.5618

sered.5618

I don’t believe your fat or a lady so stop messing with me.

Only Kaineng .

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

ANet knows exactly what they are doing, transfer costs gems and the get the money, tousands of players move like crazy this days and leagues did not even started yet. After first season.. anet will say: well this was a “mistake”. leagues are off, and guilds move again coz of que.

And yea they dont give a crap about anyone else except spvp, rest of us are potentional gems buyer, plus I just read another post where a dev said forum posters are a verry insignifient portion of player base, meaning kitten. So lets suffer in silence for another few months and everyone thank anet every day for it

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Things arent looking to great here in Sorrows Furnace.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Burpengary.5160

Burpengary.5160

May as well add Yaks. We will fight for every inch but T1/2 servers get the increase.

As though they haven’t got enough already

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Live by the transfer sword, die by the transfer sword.

Kaineng has had this coming for months.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

May as well add Yaks. We will fight for every inch but T1/2 servers get the increase.

As though they haven’t got enough already

Yup, lost RAM and CL and some smaller WvW guilds, basically a significant proportion of our coverage. Went from rank #9 —> 12/13 now because of it. At least we are holding and not losing the rest of our WvW folks.

FSP

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It’s not that I care about Bloodlust, it’s that I don’t feel like missing out on rewards because GoM is getting their kitten handed to them constantly.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Lol the cost of transferring far outweighs the reward for being in the winning server. I cant believe people are actually panicking like this.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Its not about bloodlust or even about leagues. Many of those servers where gutted before they were announced (like my home server GoM). That said leagues will make this problem worse.

The real problem is a lack of incentives for the underdog. The game should reward you for fighting against superior numbers, not punish you for “losing.”

If the incentives for being the underdog are strong enough, it would reverse the flow of transfers and even begin to balance server populations.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

It’s not leagues or bloodlust. Most of the reasons I hear are that it’s just not very fun because there’s less people to fight against and/or with. The transfers aren’t helping (especially these last series, which came from some of the lowest population servers). I get the impression that Gate of Madness, Devona’s Rest, and Anvil Rock now have less people than Eredon Terrace and Ferguson’s Crossing ever did.

And it’s not over. We had at least 2 guilds transfer last week (one of them our biggest, who just spent over a month recruitin in just about every zone for WvW). That gets people grumblin and I’m sure more transfers will follow. Hell, this weekend we had people in Gate of Madness Lion’s Arch recruiting for Blackgate telling them it’s more fun there. How kittened up is that?

Right now all the incentives are to move to a higher tier server and play on the lower tier servers is getting worse every week. <—This is the problem.

This issue isn’t going to go away. We’ve waited over a year and it’s not fixing itself, it’s only getting worse. Many more move to higher tiers than lower tiers and almost no one moves to lower tiers because there’s very few guilds here to play with. And there’s getting less guilds every week.

Nothing has been addressed here. The gem costs are bullkitten because I’m on one of the most expensive servers but one of the lowest ranked and that’s the only mechanism they had to create an incentive to move to my server.

Honestly, I feel like my time hasn’t been valued by ArenaNet who hasn’t stopped to address this at all in the 13 months I’ve been playing WvW.

Gate of Madness

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People are really spending gems in order to get a new finisher for winning the league?

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

People are really spending gems in order to get a new finisher for winning the league?

I think it’s more people are looking around and seeing less and less guilds/people to play with and so they are moving to tier 1 where there is no shortage of people. Even tier 2 and 3 are losing guilds to tier 1. The rewards for winning are just a nice bonus.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I think it’s more people are looking around and seeing less and less guilds/people to play with and so they are moving to tier 1 where there is no shortage of people. Even tier 2 and 3 are losing guilds to tier 1. The rewards for winning are just a nice bonus.

Pretty much this, i’m on a T2 server and there have been a lot of guilds moving to T1…as the WvW population shrinks due to boredom and burnout, the people that are left start migrating to the servers that are more active…and if your going to transfer…you might as well transfer to a tier that’s somewhat balanced…the only tier like that is T1. Here in T2, there are fights, but because of the T1 servers and then TC…every week in T2 there is one of those servers that blows out the other two…the only balanced matchup that contains enough people to still be fun to people that actually want to play WvW and not pvdoor or hide in towers is on T1….

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

Leagues was the dumbest idea ever. They only serve to, and have, made this problem infinitely worse. Kaineng being on that list is humorous. Kaineng might have had better numbers, but they still dwarf others on that list. GoM is going to be at the bottom of the list in very short order unless something is done. Arenanet is doing a good job with most aspects of this game, but they have to do something about this, soon.

The reasons I fear they will do nothing is:

1) paid transfers make them money
2) if you consolidate servers (not really even the answer), it’s seen by many gamers and the industry as a whole, as the game is dying. It has had a very negative connotation since the very first MMO.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

We lost our bandwagon back in like, April-May. This is a second exodus completely unrelated to it. Not that it has anything to do with the leagues (it might, might not), just thought I’d point that out. But hey, I’ll continue to abide people telling us we deserve an emptying server for no reason other than some kind of weird, months-old revenge plot against people that haven’t been here for nearly half a year.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

And yea they dont give a crap about anyone else except spvp, rest of us are potentional gems buyer, plus I just read another post where a dev said forum posters are a verry insignifient portion of player base, meaning kitten. So lets suffer in silence for another few months and everyone thank anet every day for it

This is par for the course since most games “official” forums are a minority. For everyone who posts there are ten fold who don’t. Go figure.

I will only say that this idea is a dumb one and it will put the final nail in the coffin for this aspect of play. My opinion is that is what they want anyway much like what was seen with SWtOR and Illum. This way they don’t have to spend what little resources they do on it and move them elsewhere (or even let go). It isn’t anything that we didn’t already know too because look at the content over the years vs. WvW.

The leader boards are a joke
JP’s are broke, removed siege, lackluster rewards
No risk, no reward for doing anything out there
No way to identify single contributors in leader board or map
No gain to claim keeps, towers, or camps
No warning if guild claims keeps, towers, or camps (guards are stupid)
WvWvW does not offer any incentives that PvE does
Stat creep in full effect single/duo/small tactical teams
Zergs rule
Condition damage overload
Skill lag

List goes on and on why WvW is in a downward spiral regardless of what server you play on. Heck, I’m on EB since pre-launch and beta’s. I don’t care about our numbers week after week vs. the zerg or number servers. But the rest of the list is slowly giving me more free time daily to do other things outside of GW2.

If, and I do mean “IF” you play GW2 for the WvW aspect of it, you probably won’t be for much longer. Which means if you then like S/T PvP or PvE then you will probably still login. However, for me (.001 %) the game is slowly fading away and the league isn’t going to do one darn thing to change it.

Train meet wreck.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

…because Kaineng isn’t GoMinating right now…

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

On the bright side, this frees up some playtime to improve my skills at Smite.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

People headed to SBI will be in gold league and there is little chance of that not happening. I think some transferred because it is rumored (confirmed?) to be the home of Devon Carter. I would also speculate there is almost no chance SBI wins Gold League.

Ultimately transfers are going to happen league or not. I would also add transfers are a good thing as it keeps the tiers fresh.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Ultimately transfers are going to happen league or not. I would also add transfers are a good thing as it keeps the tiers fresh.

I highly doubt that. What makes tiers fresh are incentives to play.

In regards to the WvW aspect of the game numbers matter. Those who have raise to the top, those that don’t fall to the bottom. Don’t believe it, look at the servers that are top tier. Then look at their numbers. Then look at their time zone coverage.

I’ll let those numbers talk.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

styx.7294

People headed to SBI will be in gold league and there is little chance of that not happening. I think some transferred because it is rumored (confirmed?) to be the home of Devon Carter. I would also speculate there is almost no chance SBI wins Gold League.

Transfers are only one way, to a higher tier. There aren’t guilds of 200-400 people transferrin down tiers. Nothing is getting fresher here, it’s just getting emptier. Right now there’s a new tier 8 and I suspect they’re smaller than the old tier 8 servers. Possibly in a number of months, the next tier 8 will be smaller still.

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

We lost our bandwagon back in like, April-May. This is a second exodus completely unrelated to it. Not that it has anything to do with the leagues (it might, might not), just thought I’d point that out. But hey, I’ll continue to abide people telling us we deserve an emptying server for no reason other than some kind of weird, months-old revenge plot against people that haven’t been here for nearly half a year.

Third exodus for Kaineng actually. >_>

Remember that Kaineng used to be the bottom of tier 8. Now it has less population than that. Skills that the players obtained might help a bit, but all signs indicate tier 8 once again.

Get out guys. Get your friends and guild all out of there.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

That’s quite the American list you have there. Too bad you’ve never heard of Europe.

The EU servers from rank 22 to 27 are dead and have been weeks, if not months.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

styx.7294

shrug Unless you’ve played on/against European servers, it’s hard to know the situation on them.

CHIP is overreacting and I’m not sure he can count.

Gate of Madness

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

Anvil Rock is so dead – nobody farm champs, only guest for t6 nodes.

And btw, will you guys agree if I say the problem is not in leagues or bloodlust its just in GW2 popularity. The number of players in general is decreasing and as a result makes top servers more popular and lower tier servers more empty.

AN should turn off half of servers and give players a free transfers to balance things out. Seriously, 27 servers on europe is too much. Furthermore, the power of turned off machines could support the rest of the servers for better performance?

sorry for my poor english

(edited by XenusTEHG.1965)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

it sucks but us small servers will only get smaller while bigger servers get bigger.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

No they are mostly going for competition. The secondary motive is the rewards that come from winning in a competition.

Competition is fighting with and against other dedicated WvW guilds.

If Anet had addressed issues like off-peak capping, months of free transfers, and hadn’t gutted competition with the AC buff and random match-ups, low tier WvW would have been fine.

I know when we play servers like Maguuma, though they put on less PPT, their GvG’s are among the best in the game. If the problems had been corrected early, there would have been quality like that on most servers. It’s probably too late now to save low tier WvW.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

AC buffs gutting competition? What are you taling about? ACs are awesome.

Holding a tower against all odds with some smart siege placement and a bit of luck may be one of the most fun things I’ve ever done in a video game.

I know when we play servers like Maguuma, though they put on less PPT, their GvG’s are among the best in the game. If the problems had been corrected early, there would have been quality like that on most servers. It’s probably too late now to save low tier WvW.

Screw PPT and screw holding towers. Let’s fight.

[DERP] – Maguuma

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am on Anvil Rock, and I have a strong incentive to move. Its not really tied (directly) to the rewards, but to the desire for a good and even matchup. I want to be in a place that is up against a lot of action at all times, and contribute in a variety of ways (defense, roaming, offense, supply camps, etc). At lower tiers, there are lots of times when there is nothing going on, and it gets worse as more people jump ship.

I also don’t look forward to having to face off against the top of T2 (as we stand at the bottom now) and being pushed off the map and spawn-camped 24/7. When fights aren’t reasonably close, people give up and it snow-balls. I want to be on a server with a fighting chance every week so that I never get forced out of WvW.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I am on Anvil Rock, and I have a strong incentive to move. Its not really tied (directly) to the rewards, but to the desire for a good and even matchup. I want to be in a place that is up against a lot of action at all times, and contribute in a variety of ways (defense, roaming, offense, supply camps, etc). At lower tiers, there are lots of times when there is nothing going on, and it gets worse as more people jump ship.

I also don’t look forward to having to face off against the top of T2 (as we stand at the bottom now) and being pushed off the map and spawn-camped 24/7. When fights aren’t reasonably close, people give up and it snow-balls. I want to be on a server with a fighting chance every week so that I never get forced out of WvW.

I agree, as someone who plays late night on AR, its becoming harder and harder to enjoy the game. I really don’t want to transfer but as long as Anet does nothing to help with population issues the bottom servers are going to become ghost towns. Don’t let Devon fool you, there is plenty Anet could do to help fix population, it would however require them to dislodge their heads from their kitten.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

All Wvw Players going to SPVP now because its such a great eSport.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Don’t worry GoM… NSP loves youuu

And we love you too DH, its a shame that we can’t have any epic battles this week. We’re being outnumbered in our own borderlands the entire time, but aren’t in DH borderlands. =(

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

All Wvw Players going to SPVP now because its such a great eSport.

Well, at least someone has a sense of humor, this made my day. TY kind Sir.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Awolf.9123

Awolf.9123

Anvil Rock was empty long before bloodlust… The only people left are diehard WvWers that won’t ragequit… unless we so happen to be trying to keep people inside a tower or a keep without fighting anything ;_;

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

yea the bloodlust / league play stuff… dont know what all this bs talk is about for us on anvil (maybe people who aren’t playing wvw?). as far as anvil is concerned I think we are and for the most part have been unaffected by it, if anything boosted by it (maybe not the bloodlust but league play maybe… prospect of some kind of reward). past couple weeks AR’s posted positive numbers for the first time since all our wvw guilds left, and we’ve actually had people transferring in from elsewhere for some reason, we’ve had strong reset nights for first time in recent history which has helped out through the week. but i’ve seen that’s not really the case w/ other servers we play against and yea, that sucks for us at the bottom generally speaking.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

It really boils down to the lack of competition in the low tiers. As guilds get better, they want to challenge themselves and fight more/new guilds and servers. Only one way to do that….

Why did Darkhaven implode btw? Can’t be due to lack of competition… they were T4/5….

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Third exodus for Kaineng actually. >_>

Remember that Kaineng used to be the bottom of tier 8. Now it has less population than that. Skills that the players obtained might help a bit, but all signs indicate tier 8 once again.

Get out guys. Get your friends and guild all out of there.

We have more people in wvw now than we did 2 months ago. Even with a few more leaving.

We have way more population now than we did when we were bottom t8. On top of this we have a PvE population that we didn’t have 6 months ago. Things are fine on kaineng, we arnt the best no, we arnt the worst, were just a server that continues to fight and simply doesn’t give up.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Update on this topic…. Kaineng seems to have lost 2 guilds to SoS.

The stacking continues on most servers. IoJ stacks for silver league, SBI stacking for…. unknown reasons, SoS stacking to climb to the other stackers in tier 1 like Stack Quarry, Stackgate, and Sanctum of Stackers.

Meanwhile the growing number of completely dying servers in WvW seems to be something ANET doesn’t care about (because of PvE population). I hope you guys know that the more you continue this path you are on the harder it will be to undo the damage that you are doing to the game and the server communities.

Star Player
[KEK]

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Hahahaha SoS isn’t going to win tier one. If SoS is recruiting it’s probably because they are trying to keep their heads above the water and not drown like other servers which bleed guilds. SoS can’t even win tier 2. The server is ranked 7th, which is the top of tier 3. The server stands no chance in tier 1 and I doubt many people even want to go there.

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It doesn’t matter which way you tweak the numbers the server that dominates wins, it pretty plain and simple. could you imagine … JQ loses to AR because AR logged in. I’m sure this mentality will surely promote people to play their E-sport.

“TY for showing up, we realize the opposing team destroyed you but because we want things to appear fair, you in reality defeated them and are now NA team #1” … now surely the gaming world will take us seriously"!

This is the sad reality, they will never be an E-sport while they conduct business in such manners, and I can tell you, the WvW player base is larger then the SPvP base, how they handle this will make or break their “master plan”

Server Population Loss

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I’d love some statistic on population transfers in the last weeks. It wouldn’t be a favourable “Iceland” statistic, but come on, WvW devs, release those juicy numbers you are most likely brooding over right now.