Sick of 2 servers vs 1

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

I’m really sick of having pairments where it’s basically 2 servers vs 1 other. This allways happens when there’s 2 servers from the same country.

If I can name & shame, it was very clear in the second round of this league, Vizunah vs Jade Sea vs Baruch Bay.
You would see Baruch invading a Jade Sea tower, some minutes after, a Vizunah zerg comming from behind wipes all the Baruch invaders and just leave the tower to Jade sea (without invanding it). And this happened not once, but many and many times.

This makes it very unfair for servers that don’t have “friend” servers. Isn’t there any solution for that?

I know it’s really hard… You can’t just say “Don’t match up two servers of the same country” because that would take the possibility of matching them (ofc). And what if someone wants to?…. I think it’s even fun to match another server from your own country… but this kinds of “server alliances” just keep things unfair and frustrating for the others.

Will Anet try to fix that in some way? How do you think it can be fixed?

[From now on, just some shouting/brainstorming]
Only if the matches were made of 4 servers, then you could make that at most 2 servers are from the same country, and this would take the “alliance” effect a bit down. But this solution it’s probably not good, because if we have lag with 3-server matchups, how many lag will we have with 4-server matchups? o.o

Maybe 2-server match-ups? Why not? I know it gets some WvW strategy down, but that will completely fix this issue…

There should be some way of fixing that with the current 3-server matchups. Any ideas?

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its WvWvW not WvW. Deal with it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Garuda.5140

Garuda.5140

it’s not even close to “friendship between servers”, atm it’s all about strategy of winning the league. Viz needed u to come third in that matchup, and they made sure u do

SFR Mesmer&Guardian&Necro

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Getting 2v1’d is bad for server morale and PPT, but if you’re in a guild that plays for fights, it’s amazing fun.

Just saying.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: iSpawnAtHome.3810

iSpawnAtHome.3810

War is about more about politics than fighting.

Je Fawk – Seafarer’s Rest commander
If you don’t gain anything from arguing with someone stop wasting your time for free.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

is this a joke? we never did an alliance/focus with Jade Sea, i explained it. Jade sea even think we double focused them, and seeing your both server talking about double focus was total nonsense for us.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

blackoil.2673

@Malediktus. LOL actually it’s WvW, and not WvWvW. Just look at the tittle of this forum.

@Garuda. I don’t think Vizunah really cares about us when we are not even a threat for them. They will be first, and we are fighting for the 4th position or so. And this 2vs1 is now happening with the German servers, but in a smaller scale that Vizunah was. Vizunah’s case was… exaggerated.

@Reverence. I’m in a guild that every day we do Raid in WvW and I agree it’s amazingly fun (to make it clear, i’m not talking about a random zerg. We’re a group of 10-20 people in a TS with a commander, all from the same guild, and each one with his/her role). But for me it’s frustrating that all effort we put into WvW goes into nothing when it comes to server results, as the other servers just keep “bullying” us. So it’s fun while we’re in the Raid, but then frustration to see that so much effort goes into nothing.

If we loose because the other servers are better than ours, then it’s understandable, and so not as frustrating. But looks really unfair to know that you can’t be first because they’re “friend servers”.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

This makes it very unfair for servers that don’t have “friend” servers. Isn’t there any solution for that?

Make some friends?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

is this a joke? we never did an alliance/focus with Jade Sea, i explained it. Jade sea even think we double focused them, and seeing your both server talking about double focus was total nonsense for us.

I strongly believe this, I am sure that there was not an alliance at all.
But I also think that several Vizunah commanders hated Baruch much more than Jade Sea, because we saw movements, in the map which we attended, that were really strange and stupid from a ppt gaining point of view or any other logical point of view.
Attacks and movements are more or less easy to preview depending on conquers, defenses and tier upgrade, but that specific week the logic went crazy in some maps at some hours with some enemy Vizunah commanders.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Troma.3250

Yep Haltair, like usually you are a wise man

i did the focus for each weeks. For this one, i asked : “no focus on anyone, do what you want”. The result is, some commanders had friends on JS or were on JS so they focused a little more you. Some commanders do not like JS, so they focused them.

That the pure facts, i swear.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

true that and I swear when sfr meet vizunah I will focus them 250% <3

as always

its not about politics its about who you enjoy to kill

I don’t like Frenchmen because they got such a light voice so I enjoy fighting them<3

Frenchmen doesn’t like Swedish ppls I hear so they focus us

its not about 2v1 politics its all about hate its a game after all you play it to get some peace from all hard work in real life.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

blackoil.2673

When i say it’s 2vs1 it’s not that the whole server was against us. There were attacks from Vizunah to Jade Sea, of course.

And that’s why I’m saying that just keeping these two servers away is bad, because there are legitimate players/commanders that don’t focus on one server, and they have fun fighting vs the other two servers.

What i open this post is not about let’s discuss if this is true or not. Because there is no proof of neither if it is or not. But it’s more in the way of:
“If it happens, then it’s bad because it’s frustrating for the one that’s being focused. Is there any way where the game could solve this, without affecting other parts?”

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Troma.3250

ok i understand blackoil

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Leave EU come to NA, we hate everyone equally.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s match manipulation.

It goes against the rules.

If it’s proven, anyone involved is to be punished.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: wux.7314

wux.7314

It’s match manipulation.

Lol as if that is going to happen. It would be bad PR.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s match manipulation.

Bad PR? Lol what? I’d be inclined to believe the opposite.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Simplest idea is that points are calculated taking into SIGNIGIFCANT account the number of people each team has on the field.

So if you 2v1, all that will happen is that you will make it much easier for the other team to get many more points per takedown in another zone. The key is to give a massive point bonus to the underdog.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Vilandra.3641

Vilandra.3641

So what’s the 3rd server in a matchup meant to do, sit around idle while the other 2 fight it out? Yes it sucks when both teams concentate on you, sometimes it’s more obvious, sometimes it’s not, but that hardly happened here. If Vizuna wanted to help JS win they would have done it by a lot more than a 2k vicory. I consider JS & BB to be 2 very good teams and more than equal & sometimes better than teams above them when out in force, JS were just a bit better this time around.

Double teaming has and always will occur, sure most time the 3rd server are just flys to swat as there are vast differences between each rank, but the third server in a matchup can sometimes cause problems to. No one wants to lose, and everyone wants to get the best possible result they can, whether it’s in their favor or anothers. Can you blame them for that?

I’ve faced Vizuna a few times now sinse i started WvW not that long ago, and to me they don’t seem to be double teamers, they tend to go for the bigger threat and show just who is top dog and sometimes someone else reaps the benefits of that.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

This has nothing to do with “country alliances”. This has to do with points. A tower that Jade Sea gets against Baruch is worth double the PPT than if Vizunah held it themselves.
You’re pretty bad at analyzing things OP.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

blackoil.2673

This has nothing to do with “country alliances”. This has to do with points. A tower that Jade Sea gets against Baruch is worth double the PPT than if Vizunah held it themselves.

That’s pretty clear. But let me explain that case again, bc i think you didn’t understand it:
1. JS holds one Tower
2. A BB raid starts attacking the tower to invade it
3. When they’re about to get it, a Vizunah zerg appears from behind and wipes all BB Raid.
4. Vizunah just leaves the tower to JS, without invading it.

It’s true that for JS point of view, owning a tower instead of BB owning it means “double” points, since we were fighting for the 2nd place. But what does Vizunah have to do in it? It was really clear that he’d be first, and for so much difference, so Vizunah shouldn’t care about who’s server is that tower, and clearly they picked JS.

Again, the point of this thread is not to discuss if this is true. I really have no proof.

And the reply i saw “It happens and will always happen” it’s not really valid. Unless you are The Doctor, you can’t predict the future.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Having 1 vs 1 where one server is totally stacked is worse than having 2 vs 1.

At some point the two servers ganging up are gonna turn on each other…. then you can hit em!

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s match manipulation.

Enforcing their own rules is never bad PR when those rules are for the sake of making things fair.

The only reason it will probably not happen is because how hard it is to prove.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Bmac.5346

Bmac.5346

Does Arena Net have a stated policy on this?

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

2v1 happends a lot. Sucks when it happends to Ur server but its part of the game. Take yaks,ebay,sbi matchup. Yaks wanted to win so they focus the strongest server sbi. Ebay stated they had a vendetta against sbi so they focus them. After the weekend ebay sees they have a good chance for second so they push sbi harder. Yaks would greatly benefit from sbi finishing in 3rd so they push sbi harder. It has nothing to do with friendly servers it has to do with strategy.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Synd.7982

Synd.7982

Yep. Guess yall are right. No matter what you call it though. It’s a game. and most people dont enjoy this ‘strategy’. So most will quit playing. WVW will lose numbers. I understand it cant be fixed. WVW would need an extreme overhaul.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

I am on Yaks Bend and play mostly WvW. Not 100% of the time, but say at least a few hours a night .

Disclaimer, I spend most of time in our borderlands or the other two realms. I am not a huge fan of EB.

That said, never seen /map chat talking helping one server beat another. Not in voice chat either.

I mean literally, nobody is talking about doubleteaming a server or anything.

sorry OP, but I am there nightly and just not coming up.

That one person.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

2v1 is not against the rules. It’s standard tactic. Those who played HoH in GW1 will know, as it happened multiple times a day there.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Yep. Guess yall are right. No matter what you call it though. It’s a game. and most people dont enjoy this ‘strategy’. So most will quit playing. WVW will lose numbers. I understand it cant be fixed. WVW would need an extreme overhaul.

2v1 itself is not usually the strategy. Normally it is a result of 2 servers benefiting from attack the 3rd more so than each other. There is no way to overhaul wvw to change that.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

2v1 is definitely not against the rules. In fact the devs want it to happen. That was mentioned pre-release (also pre-beta) and brought up again recently by Devon. It is the reason they went with WvWvW instead of just WvW.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-World-Population/3122389

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Last match-up french clash, they were not holding hands plotting against us. It was really entertaining to watch. That is to say that I have never seen national servers double team third exclusively.

Attachments:

[Hex]

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: AnTxJeTs.5186

AnTxJeTs.5186

2v1 happens every week for every mathc. Thus why it’s called WvWvW.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

What is with all the 2v1 threads today?

If you ask me I am glad people are finally starting to realize that they can 2v1 a stronger server.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

What is with all the 2v1 threads today?

If you ask me I am glad people are finally starting to realize that they can 2v1 a stronger server.

There are a lot of things that people don’t seem to realize they can do in this game but more often we see people complaining instead of going out and doing.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: foggy.2856

foggy.2856

I am fine with the 2v1, SBI went from facerolling both other teams (so boring) to actually having to fight. Frustrating but at least not boring. Teams don’t improve unless they have a challenge and we certainly had one.

What I don’t really get is how does the 2v1 fit with the league thing? If the plan is that the two smaller servers can gang up on the big bad guy and win, then just drop or refine/rethink these leagues.

Leagues don’t appear to be helping if they were actually meant to make it a “fair fight” between 3 similar sides.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: dadada.1306

dadada.1306

You know who thinks that their match is 2v1 against them? Everyone. You know how often it’s actually happening? Almost never. You could log into 3 servers playing each other, and every one will have chatter saying the other two are working together against them.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

blackoil.2673

You know who thinks that their match is 2v1 against them? Everyone. You know how often it’s actually happening? Almost never. You could log into 3 servers playing each other, and every one will have chatter saying the other two are working together against them.

But you know it’s true when it happens what I explained 3 times already. Wiping out the raid that’s invading a tower from behind when they’re inside [doors down] and then just leave the tower to the other team.

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Blok.2604

Blok.2604

Last match-up french clash, they were not holding hands plotting against us. It was really entertaining to watch. That is to say that I have never seen national servers double team third exclusively.

this is regular politics of Vizunah… guess who will take first place regardless of the result the week? and in spite of this. today they are with Picken during 9 hours tried to take bay from Seafarer’s Rest on the Piken map. and most likely they have not succeeded until guild raid iddqd has not left the border.
30 people from iddqd got a good experience in the battle against 160. and I hope they will take revenge

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Maybe they didn’t take the tower, to you know…give Jade Sea more PPT than Baruch?

Sometimes it’s called tactical play :o ..also its WvWvW – there’s always gonna be 2v1s at times.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

this is regular politics of Vizunah… guess who will take first place regardless of the result the week? and in spite of this. today they are with Picken during 9 hours tried to take bay from Seafarer’s Rest on the Piken map. and most likely they have not succeeded until guild raid iddqd has not left the border.
30 people from iddqd got a good experience in the battle against 160. and I hope they will take revenge

Cool, you made no sense whatsoever. Match-up threads this way: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups, except our thread got locked in a day (which is an accomplishment), but another one is open.

What it comes to actual topic, dadada.1306 summed up it pretty nicely. Have to say that even if some servers do ally, then it is fine.

[Hex]

(edited by Bogey.5423)

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Blok.2604

Blok.2604

grz to server VizuPiken

Attachments:

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

With a /t like this you motivate people? Don’t treat fellow gamers like that, they are human too.

[RG]

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol the /t guy is the most nominated for commander of the year

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Empyre.2531

That’s why you tick 5 ppt atm? Embrace your people with friendliness.

[RG]

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’m on Piken dear.

I meant here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-of-the-Year

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Empyre.2531

I’m on Piken dear.

I meant here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-of-the-Year

Ah, the impersonator, but he forgot to copy the “don’t whipe to everyone”-part.

[RG]

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

We have one insulting people all day long in /m and /t, and wondering why people lash at him now and “attack commander”….:D

Half or more the commanders out there are tools with a Power Problem, pretending to be “mighty” when they are just the bottom of a septic tank, but seems to think sharding 100g for a commander tag and being in a “known” guild on the server make them God.

Right now, i know that quite some people REFUSE to follow him and prefer losing things that playing under his orders, we prefere roaming in very small groups that follow him, and we are asking for ANYONE to tag up and do something instead of following him when he is alone….
(and i don’t talk about his idea of “tactics” which is : "let’s pile up bodies and hit our heads on the walls, insulting people for not “pushing” when facing twice the numbers and 10+ sieges into a keep :p)

Some people are like that.

On 2v1, STOP complaining about it. It’s DUBBED to happen since day 1 of WvW, since it’s theorical state, because it’s the DEFINITION of 3 way fight.
At some point it’s ALWAYS 2v1. Be it all the match, or multiple times of the watch, it’s never 1v1, because no one will sit on his kitten watching the other match to finish before jumping in (which is still a 2v1, because you engage the “survivor” battered and bloody after a fight).

Really, the only reason we see those threads it’s because, for once, instead of having the biggest server and the weakest focusing on the 2nd server all day, you have other scenarios, and specially, 2+3 focusing 1 and discovering it can make them BOTH 1&2 and put the bigger in place 3…..

People in the biggest server don’t like that and find it “unfair”, because they are so used to people in servers not thinking and chosing the easy way, instead of chosing what beneficiate them.

I’m still astonished of how much servers goes for the “easy way”, specially during the leagues (early on more than anything else), focusing on the server being blobbed by the biggest one, when they would have benefited from focusing the biggest one in the end in league placements and such (and fun too, because it would have reseted some nearly impregnable T3 holdings if defended).

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

WvW is fought by 3 servers at a time for a reason. There’s a 3rd server to shift the balance of power in a normal 1v1. WvW is interesting because it can be played many ways. It can be a free for all or it can be a team effort. I don’t see any issues with a 2v1. Having an alliance with another server actually requires more planning, seeing as how you wouldn’t want to do anything to aggravate your alliance, which in turn causes there to be less things to do on the map at any given moment. This is actually better and more interesting, if you ask me, than forming a gigantic person-bubble and running in a random direction. Don’t get me wrong, there is a strategic aspect in your standard free-for-all. It just… changes the state of the game.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Sick of 2 servers vs 1

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

WvW is fought by 3 servers at a time for a reason. There’s a 3rd server to shift the balance of power in a normal 1v1.

This was the idea, but it did not stand the test of reality.
In 90% of matches it isn’t the case.

It’s mostly: 1st and 3rd fight against 2nd. The 3rd does to get 2nd, the 1st does to increase distance. At best the 1st is fair and fight 50:50.

It’s time to get rid of the 3-sided matches and go to either 2- or 4-sided ones.
But 4-sided fights will definitely not only skill-laag, but kill the engine.

It’s time for 2-sided matches. And it’s time for shorter matches (how about 2-day weekend match, followed by a 5 day “under the week” match, … both in different rankings) than 24/7. And it’s time to change the fact that 95% of all matches are decided by PvD (e.g. by introducing time-sliced matches https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Night-protection-1/3281118.).

And definitely to bring some VARIANCE into this. 24/7 3-sided is now for more than a year, this could be varied, a time-sliced league, a weekend/weekday league, a 2-sided league, ….

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)