Siege Golem Mastery

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack#Features

New ability: Siege Golem Mastery that improves Siege Golem skills (total cost 75 points)

5 points: “Increases your piloted golem’s movement speed for 15 seconds after destroying a gate or a wall” (grants Super Speed)
15 points: “Increases your piloted golem’s base power and precision by 15%”
30 points: “The shield bubble now also heals nearby allies”
50 points: “Increases your piloted golem’s base vitality and toughness by 15%”
75 points: “Your piloted golem will safely eject you once it’s defeated”

Can you (ArenaNet) make first rank also give passive +25% Movement Speed for the golem?

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Or better yet, do away with this horrible idea completely. Golems are powerful enough, we don’t need more power creep. We need fixes to done of the game breaking problems that we have had to put up with since release.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Can you (ArenaNet) make first rank also give passive +25% Movement Speed for the golem?

It’s called Traveler runes on the driver’s armor.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Or better yet, do away with this horrible idea completely. Golems are powerful enough, we don’t need more power creep. We need fixes to done of the game breaking problems that we have had to put up with since release.

+1, However it wont happen sadly.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas for wvw I ever seen…just 5 omegas can melt a t3 keep…

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Maybe we get some new Wall Upgrades to go along with it..

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

At last!! WvW has been reinvigorated! Players will return to WvW once more!!11!1

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

This is gonna kill smaller servers! This is a bad idea there is more than t1/t2 in WvW but when this happens well small servers might as well save there money and not upgrade anything. I can see it now a group of 15 with 5 omegas will paper a t3 borderland in record time sounds like lots of fun.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Sadly any changes that have been made to WvW and the upcoming golem mastery have done nothing for defending an objective and everything for taking one. If you make it easier to take down walls/doors/siege then it is now then what incentive is there to upgrade anything? It is just going to become a karma train as EotM is now.

We have been asking for design changes in tower and keep walls that will allow defenders to hit attackers without getting the “obstructed” message. We have been asking for wider walls that would allow siege placement out of the range of attacking AOE’s. Ballistas are still useless on the walls, cannons are too easily taken out and arrow carts still abuse the FOV and can hit anywhere inside a structure. Add to all of that the target cap with siege staying at 5.

You cannot make WvW fun by placing all the emphasis and upgrades on the attacking side unless they are trying to emulate EotM and not everyone finds EotM fun.

Theftwind (HoD)

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Maybe we get some new Wall Upgrades to go along with it..

the weak part for golems are the gates mate

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

As if golems needed buffing……………..

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

I’m convinced! I stay on gw2!

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

New trick consumable: Siege Disabler that disables enemy siege for 45 seconds and golems for 20 seconds. Cost of 10 supply and a 1200 range. That is the new defensive/offensive trap for the feature pack. Stops Rams/AC/Golem for a good ammount of time at least until supply runs out or you run out of traps.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

New trick consumable: Siege Disabler that disables enemy siege for 45 seconds and golems for 20 seconds. Cost of 10 supply and a 1200 range. That is the new defensive/offensive trap for the feature pack. Stops Rams/AC/Golem for a good ammount of time at least until supply runs out or you run out of traps.

It gets a little more complicated than that. You can go to EotM, for example, and take supply from there right back to regular WvW. Defenders can port in every 3 minutes to a waypointed keep under attack with inventories full of siege disablers and shut down any rams, catapults, or golems indefinitely. Defense runs out and kills everyone.

On the counter side, build 10 omegas and have an entire zerg load up on siege disablers, they don’t even need to get close to shut down an entire structure’s defensive siege inedefinitely. Golems walk in and nuke everything and everyone in sight.

And the third option: complete stalemate. Infantry beats down the doors by hand, defense rushes everyone outside until there’s nobody left, one side or the other.

It sounds like insanity.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

It gets a little more complicated than that. You can go to EotM, for example, and take supply from there right back to regular WvW. Defenders can port in every 3 minutes to a waypointed keep under attack with inventories full of siege disablers and shut down any rams, catapults, or golems indefinitely. Defense runs out and kills everyone.

On the counter side, build 10 omegas and have an entire zerg load up on siege disablers, they don’t even need to get close to shut down an entire structure’s defensive siege inedefinitely. Golems walk in and nuke everything and everyone in sight.

And the third option: complete stalemate. Infantry beats down the doors by hand, defense rushes everyone outside until there’s nobody left, one side or the other.

It sounds like insanity.

I almost laughed up a lung reading this as this exactly what ran through my head.

Whispers with meat.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

More power for golems? Seriously?

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I’m sorry, but how is Anet this out of touch? No one thinks making golems stronger is a good idea. No one.

Second Child

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Its needed, but whats far more needed is that anet does finalyl alot more for the Defense Part of WvW, like I’m suggestign for that already since begin of this game.

Where are the defensive WvW traits like:

Trap Mastery
Stronghold Defender
Camp Defender
Tower Defender
Medic Mastery
Reinforcement Mastery < this is already a leaked one from one of Devons Videos
Assault Mastery < this is already a leaked one from one of Devons Videos

Where are the general improvements for WvW, like improving the NPC enemies, makign their A.I’s and Skills better, adding good stuff, like the Sentry Towers from EotM to the Traps & Tricks Vendor, improving the Lord NPC to make the Castle not so easy to take by requirign the enemy zerg to split up into multiple smaller groups at different locations to successfully take the castle.

WvW needs to get rid of Karma Trains, whats only possible by changing Karma gain in WvW to the advantage of Defense in WvW, that you gain karma in WvW only, if you defend a place successfully, this would finalyl kill off all Karma Trains and lead to the point, that actually people would want to defend places because it would be then the only way how they would get Karma in WvW.
Defense in WvW must become finally alot more rewarding and basically more rewarding, than going into offense and taking something, because taking something in WvW is just a ton times easier and happens all the time, than successfully defendign something over several minutes long …

Defending a place like a stronghold or a tower should give also finally defenders a HOME ADVANTAGE over the enemy by having increased damage and weapon range from their higher positions on the walls.
Siege Weapons that are upgrades from the location should become finally undestructable, so that cannons and oils can be really helpful in defending your location, and not get destroyed within seconds from all the aoe spam like meteor showers.

Also defenders on the walls should get the home advantage of receiving lesser damage up there and being unaffected by CC like fear.
AoEs shouldn’t be castable onto the walls. Agaisnt the walls, yes to deal damage against the walls, but not onto the walls self.
Due to all this silly aoe spam its nearly impossible to defend at all from the walls, since 2 years, because regardless of what you do, you get killed off by that aoe spam just in seconds and have no chance to do anything, unless you have a ranged 1200/1500 weapon and can attack your foes from somewhere , where they can’t reach you with their aoe spam.
The same counts for build up siege weapons, like AC, trebs and ballistas, which can be only helpful, if you can build them somewhere, where they don’t get quickly destroyed from all the aoe spam.
Something where I’d like to see the change, that only siege weapons and melee attacks should become able to damage siege weapons. Everything else should not deal damage to siege weapons at all.

Other than these suggestions, basing on the topic, I personally would also have preferred it, if Anet would first improve the existing WvW traits to 10 perks and merge some of the existing ones together, before adding any new siege weapon WvW traits, like Siege Golem Mastery.
However, sooner or later, there should also exist a Siege Golem Mastery.
Thats my opinion, because it simply would make no sense to offer for al kinds of siege weapons a WvW trait, but just not for Golems …
But Anet definetely must finalyl redesign WvW and improve it with the top priority to make finally DEFENSE in WvW worthful and needed

The defense timers should get also reduced to reward more oftenly within a certain time. 3 Minutes is too long, it should get reduced to 2 minute timers.
WvW achievements should also get finally rediesigned!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

15% more power thats just kittening great thanks a lot

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

In my humble opinion we need more AC lines and buffs.
Maybe add Skyhammer skill to AC.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Why don’t they just get it over with and give omegas shadow step with a 3000 unit range and a 5 sec cooldown

Whispers with meat.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack#Features

New ability: Siege Golem Mastery that improves Siege Golem skills (total cost 75 points)

5 points: “Increases your piloted golem’s movement speed for 15 seconds after destroying a gate or a wall” (grants Super Speed)

More like:

5 points: “Get from outer to inner keep gate faster than Usain bolt!”
15 points: “Upgrade power to gamma level!”
30 points: “Cap lords room with your buddies with ease!”
50 points: “One step closer to hulk mode!”
75 points: “Eject and know how a thief feels everyday with speed and stealth! and as added bonus you get to blow people up when you leave.”

Can’t wait to see the hourly golem rushes now.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If you ask for an update to wvw that what your going to get or maps that are non ppt where they may become populated by pve players if the loot good if the loot is bad no one will be in them but say a few guild gvging. RvR is just this way there no real way to “fix” it beyond simply removing the RvR from the game. Get over your self and THINK what it means to ask for one thing vs another.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Traveler runes and golem mastery tier 5 is the new meta!!

You heard it here first!

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

If you ask for an update to wvw that what your going to get or maps that are non ppt where they may become populated by pve players if the loot good if the loot is bad no one will be in them but say a few guild gvging. RvR is just this way there no real way to “fix” it beyond simply removing the RvR from the game. Get over your self and THINK what it means to ask for one thing vs another.

I am too tired and hungover this morning to try and decipher this broken english.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Finally something I can spend some of my points on. It’s a hard life being over rank 1315 when there’s nothing left to put your points in to. I have over 300 points and nothing can be done with them lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sadly any changes that have been made to WvW and the upcoming golem mastery have done nothing for defending an objective

Ever run into a Garri LR filled with Golems???? Good luck with taking it

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Sadly any changes that have been made to WvW and the upcoming golem mastery have done nothing for defending an objective

Ever run into a Garri LR filled with Golems???? Good luck with taking it

[fake] 100 points: “You get a warbanner as your elite skill with a 30s cooldown” gg.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

[fake] 100 points: “You get a warbanner as your elite skill with a 30s cooldown” gg.

LoL yes please?? Though the extra power, precision, toughness, vitality, AoE heal, and safe eject (depending on invulnerability duration) is more than enough to make them better at defense too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

gennyt.3428

That fact that the “safe eject” includes swiftness and stealth on top of a pretty long eject range is hilarious.

Whispers with meat.

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

No thanks. Golems should be slow. That’s their only weakness and an opportunity for defenders to take advantage of.

PS. Please fix Rune of Speed, Rune of Traveler, player skills and WvW abilities not to grant speed buff to golems anymore.
PPS. Disallow use of mesmer portal while driving a golem.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

now those ac shooter behind the walls won’t hide from me anymore. Get your kitten ready kittens!

Golems it’s the most fun siege in game so far, nice buffs =)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

worst idea ever…

unless they plan to limit the map to one golem per a side or nerf golems without buffs.

If they introduce this then wvw is just going to become the same as eotm – nobody is going to bother wasting their time anymore trying to defend places.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Hope trap on siege works on golem.

With this changes it feel like you will get attacked by 5-10 golems all the time nothing else, so then its back to my idea were you limit so 3golem is max that can damage a gate, 4 wall.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

Siege Golem Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah, this is extremely bad. Not sure how the devs can’t understand how bad this is.

Lets take something in the game that is already too powerful – and make it more powerful!

Combined with the new siege disabler trick that disables other siege for 45 sec. but Golems for only 20 sec. and this gets even worse. Why bother to use any siege but Golems now?

Welcome to GW2 – Golem Wars 2.

The HP of walls and gates has not changed since launch right? But we’ve added Superior Siege and Masteries. That means that the way the game was designed in the first place no longer exists. The balance between attack strength vs. defense strength on a structure is completely changed from how it was designed.

I’d really like a dev to explain their thought process when they do something like this.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)