Siege Trolls and Leagues

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I’m on Blackgate in Tier 1, a highly competitive tier obviously, and we have had to deal with someone from an enemy server who transferred here with the sole intent of dropping ballista build sites in the middle of our offensive efforts, causing us to reach the siege cap. This person has been reported countless times yet Anet has done nothing to counter this exploitative tactic. Now that leagues are coming, their competitive nature is going to encourage even more of this type of behavior. Is Anet going to finally stop sitting on their hands and do something about it or will winners continue to be decided by who can cheat the most?

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: MagnumSteack.5179

MagnumSteack.5179

Same question here (EU).

Havohej – Vizunah’s Square
Hämmer Stun [HS]

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Kinoh.7423

Kinoh.7423

yes I saw this happen today in BG, I was in EB and a commander keep putting ballista in weird places and there is no way to stop him from using the supplies after that a large zerg came.

It’s really annoying with the league coming up, people just login in their current server transfer to the opposing server and waste their supply the whole season.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Rider.6024

Rider.6024

A fix to this could be imposing a restriction on siege placement being dropped on top of build sites before they are finished being built. Such a restriction could also have the added benefit of promoting more efficient siege placement drops. For instance instead of laying down 3 consecutive rams at a gate when there is not enough supply to build said rams, a commander (or anyone who drops siege) would now be forced to wait for each drop until the previous siege was built. At least this would apply to places such as chokes/gates where trolling is akittens “finest”.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This is called siege griefing and I wish they would do more about it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

the game is absolutly full to the brim with zoomhackers and ANet has done absolutly nothing at all to deal with them

do you seriously think they will pay more attention to the odd guy siege griefing?

the only thing they want is collecting the money when people transfer to the top servers with the least amount of work involved on their part

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: hobotnicax.7918

hobotnicax.7918

Can be fixed easily. Add a “report” feature which when reported 20 times in 5min, automatically gives that person siege placement restriction (like in home citadels) for 24h. Can only report home server players obviously.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Yea, the guy has a commander tag too which is even worse. Screenshots have been taken and reported, yet he’s there week after week doing the same thing. He’s even in a guild who’s name reflects his love for constantly placing random ballista. This person is proud of their exploitative behavior. Anet needs to start openly and harshly banning these types of players to put a stop to it. People will keep doing it if they know Anet will ignore the problem, as they have been doing since release. Now there’s actually going to be rewards for winning so cheating and exploiting is going to rise to an all-time high. Or is this all part of the recent statement that the WvW dev made when he said that “WvW isn’t supposed to be fair”??

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

They need to craft more banhammers.

ban. ban. banbanban. banbanbanban. ban.

They could also just restrict the entire account to one server’s WvW.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A fix to this could be imposing a restriction on siege placement being dropped on top of build sites before they are finished being built. Such a restriction could also have the added benefit of promoting more efficient siege placement drops. For instance instead of laying down 3 consecutive rams at a gate when there is not enough supply to build said rams, a commander (or anyone who drops siege) would now be forced to wait for each drop until the previous siege was built. At least this would apply to places such as chokes/gates where trolling is akittens “finest”.

What if the troll drops his siege at the gate first?

The only way to stop this behavior is by banning people. Anet’s the only ones who can ban people and they don’t seem to care about this issue — it is brought up almost every single week yet we never hear anything from Anet about it.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I really want a siege troll in the game xD That would be epic. You befriend a local troll camp and they bring trees and start bashing the nearest tower gate for you like a ram

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The guy mentioned in the first post is currently in game. So many reports. So much time. Nothing done about it. GG Anet, what a AAA game developer you really are…

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

According to the apologists, a game without monthly fee can’t affort the staff necessary to follow up on complaints.

As a result, bans happen occasionally (read: rarely) and in waves but in total, most transgressions go unpunished and griefplay can go on unhindered for a long time.

Personally, I don’t buy the “no sub” excuse. What matters in the end is the bottom line. How much revenue has the game created, not how did it create it. But not even that is the whole story. If you invest too little in customer support, you might lose more revenue than what you saved in expenses. Also, since keeping players is much cheaper than attracting new players, losing them to a few griefers makes no business-sense.

But alas, that’s how ArenaNet has been operating since day one.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Tbh, it sounds more like..

Eh. You can’t change the mechanics. But there needs to be a strict ban method regarding it.

I ? Karkas.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Not only will nothing be done, Devon the Clueless, has already posted that you will get credit based on your starting server. So now you can start league on your server, then switch to the enemy server. Sabotage the entire time and get credit as if you stayed on your server.

~ AoN ~

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Marcarus.5012

Marcarus.5012

The troll on BG is spending 8 plus hours a day doing this. It really impacts our ability to play especially at reset. I am really kitten ed off that this has been going on for at least 3 weeks. ANet if it is going to take awhile to engineer a solution, then you have an obligation to investigate the hundreds of reports you are getting about one individual who is ruining the playing experience for many others.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

The troll on BG is spending 8 plus hours a day doing this. It really impacts our ability to play especially at reset. I am really kitten ed off that this has been going on for at least 3 weeks. ANet if it is going to take awhile to engineer a solution, then you have an obligation to investigate the hundreds of reports you are getting about one individual who is ruining the playing experience for many others.

I hope hes being paid as much as a paying job would give him for doing this at least. Cause 8+ hours a day, that kid really needs a social life and job.

Isle Of Janthir

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

At this point, it doesn’t look like Anet will ever do anything about this. Perhaps the only recourse is to transfer a few people to the opposing server whose job is to kill the troll whenever he appears.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

While I agree it is a problem and up-voted it myself.. honestly, can Anet really do anything about it?

I mean, it’s the whole “play how you want to play” scenario, so whose to tell these people that are doing that, that they simply can’t? Same as guild vs guild.. those players can hinder the servers progress in the same sort of way, but does Anet do anything about them? Can they? Suppose players want to just enter WvW to run around and kill rabbits.. does Anet have any business telling them they can’t do that?

Then when we look at trolls dropping siege to hit the siege cap.. perhaps that’s just how they find enjoyment in the game. Anet really can’t tell them otherwise..

A problem yes.. but realistically, WvW has to be made more interesting so those players find enjoyment elsewhere.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: package.5147

package.5147

Fix please or tell us how much you don’t care.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

The dev in charge of WvW does care, but the problem lies with him not knowing how to get sufficient resources ( programmers, coders, GMs) to be allocated to fixing these problems in WvW.

It’s great fun to build new stuff but a chore to fix stuff. The most important component in GW2 is the gem store and anything that threatens it. Gold spammers are usually banned within 24 hours but WvW hackers / griefers go scoot free for 4 months plus.

Realize that there is nothing players can do except treat GW2 like a disposable game. New accounts are very cheap and there is no subscription. Leveling new chars to lvl 80 is very fast and you do not need good gear / weapons when you are superman. Only when WvW reaches the stage it becomes unplayable then new staff will be employed specifically to deal with WvW problems.

Every player will be happier when they start thinking this way instead of placing hopes to get WvW hacks/cheats/griefers fixed. If you are into fair play pvp, go for spvp tournaments / duels. WvW is the least important component in GW2 atm.

Do have some sympathy for the WvW dev that is tasked with this impossible job. The stainmark will follow his career / resume .

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Although we do not have issue with deployed siege on our server that much we do have issues with (use the polite term) spies, queuing an upgrade just before a major attack. It has happened time and time again where the enemy masses, we have sufficient supply to thwart an attack and then someone orders “strengthen guards” or some other instant supply use item.

We need:
A way to halt or reverse any upgrade before let us say the 10% completion mark
(the initiator would lose gold and karma)
and

A method where we can salvage siege for 75% of it’s supply
(the builder would lose the blueprint)

Theftwind (HoD)

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

espionage is all part of war

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

This user has been doing this nonstop for weeks, it really destroys whatever map he is on.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Only if you have a fair chance of capturing, torturing and then executing the spy. If you do not then it is nothing more then a glorified cheat!

Theftwind (HoD)

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: package.5147

package.5147

The lack of response/action taken by AAA video game company is leading to more trolls appearing, but its all good each one of these trolls made someone 50 bucks.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Sphud.2398

Sphud.2398

Anet has responded to many peoples tickets saying that they will not ban him. So basically they don’t care prolly because its in wvw not pve trolling

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

There must be a pair of them because I’m on FA and someone dropped 5-6 trebs by Mendon’s gate and after we build a cata they dropped 3-4 more on top of a second cata being built. FA doesn’t need any help losing which is really funny why they’d waste their effort on a server that was going to lose by 200k.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Play how you want™
WvW is casual™
WvW was never supposed to be balanced™

Pick any one of these and you basically have a dev response in this thread. Good luck in S1!

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Solorien.9217

Solorien.9217

I reported the guy on Blackgate 2 weeks ago and have been constantly updating the ticket whenver I see him out there… it’s just silly at this point. We have lost our keeps several times because he empties them of supply. Plus, when we’re taking towers/keeps/castle he will drop ballistas over our ram build sites to prevent (usually make it very difficult) to build rams.

Two weeks with updates and what do I have to show for it? Absolutely nothing… Anet is not doing anything about this guy… and if one single guy who is clearly griefing and trolling our side is allowed to do so unimpeded for weeks… well, any serious competition in this game is done.

It’s gotten to the point where I leave the map as soon as he shows up… it’s just too frustrating and not worth it.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Solorien.9217

Solorien.9217

Yes, but without any consequences the target server just gets demoralized without any viable recourse… if they’re going to allow espionage then they need to implement a method that allows the defending team to exile or kick people who are ‘discovered’.

I’m all about shadow games, but at least make the spies have to be covert about their operations. This game is all about balance and reaction… allow the defending server to react. Do we not get to vote kick people from parties for exactly this reason?

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Only if you have a fair chance of capturing, torturing and then executing the spy. If you do not then it is nothing more then a glorified cheat!

All’s fair in love and war. Just saying.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

killing a saboteur is fair.

we cannot do this.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Knight of Tempaler.2798

Knight of Tempaler.2798

I have purposed a solution in my thread and would appreciate other peoples thoughts and opinions. They are more likely to take action if we present them with some options to remedy this problem.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

we cannot do this.

no no no. you never kill a spy as a first option. you flip a spy, then send him back to his original side. you only kill him if you can’t convert him. granted, in gw2, neither of those are an option, but i have a thing about realistic accuracy.

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Siege griefing is a great tactic and should be use by every serious server out there.

Do you want to win or not?

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Siege Trolls and Leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

we cannot do this.

no no no. you never kill a spy as a first option. you flip a spy, then send him back to his original side. you only kill him if you can’t convert him. granted, in gw2, neither of those are an option, but i have a thing about realistic accuracy.

in terms of realistic accuracy, killing the spy is the most sensible course of action
first, because such individual cannot be trusted under any basis, all in all he has defected twice
second, because the time, effort and money involved is far bigger than seeding your own, more reliable spies into enemy territory
third , because his freedom is limited, you cannot “send him back” with plausible reasons, most likely he must remain in your territory or risk blowing his cover. he is in an excellent position to spread disinformation, which is quite valuable on itself, but he cant get intel on the enemy. a regular spy can do both.

double agents are very rare