Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Oh karn. Your trollyness still cracks me up

Commander Nachonix

Silver League just broken

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It’d be nice to know why the higher population servers feel the need to pro-actively defend everything, we get it, you have people/coverage, how exactly does letting a tower fall, letting you and others get more wxp hurting your score.

in WvW

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

As someone on Yak’s Bend, I’d rather not have my face smashed in for four weeks because the other servers can’t handle us.

in WvW

Posted by: Grumbelly.9560

Grumbelly.9560

Have to agree here, SBI better put their try hard shoes on again or fa will stomp you and so till SoS you may beat mag in coverage but I can promise their EU and NA guilds would wipe the floor with Sbi blood all day with the servers current combat performance. You’re in for another exodus if you all aren’t ready to get hit hard 24/7.

Wow you promise? You sure? Is your promise worth anything? I guess you know the future.

If I may do the the same. I promise the only reason you are not having as good a time as you should be this league is because your server did not take care of its guilds and they left. Even the new ones that transfered there a week or 2 before. Maybe you should look into fixing in house problems before you proclaim to know other servers and their inner workings.

Leagues were a bust before they started, so not sure why so many think that whining through the whole season is going to change that or make anything better. Man up or take a break, but quit crying. NO one wants to hear it, especially Anet.

[Shhh] SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

lol @ FA being stacked.

it is quite true actually….

almost every frustrated players on IoJ stacked on FA…

HERO,DPS,CORE…etc

And you were frustrated with Kaineng and went to CD. What’s your point?

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Im on FA and i sure as hell wont feel like i achieved anything when we ‘win’ silver. The league is pointless.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol @ FA being stacked.

HERO,DPS,CORE…etc

And you were frustrated with Kaineng and went to CD. What’s your point?

i was originally on CD.. went to Kaineng to learn WvW with Meow…. then they moved to BG, so i moved with them to BG…. then i moved back to CD…

no problem….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Waiting for a bronze leaguer to complain about their top 3 being stacked.

You can laugh, but EU has the same problems.
There are also guilds that left many servers to be on the wining team and that is sick right now…

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

lol @ FA being stacked.

HERO,DPS,CORE…etc

Yes we planned this all in advance, kitten you for finding our plan!! We sent uA, Avtr, DPS, HERO, and countless others over in January because we knew we’d stack FA for leagues, When they were around the corner we then, As community realizing FA would fail without more IoJ bodies to help, decided to send our largest homegrown guild to FA.

EVERYONE HIDE THEYVE FIGURED IT OUT

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’m having lots of fun with the season. I get excited every time I see Mend, Hero, and many other largish guilds out on the field. Many bags have fallen at my feet, many more will fall. <3

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I’m having lots of fun with the season. I get excited every time I see Mend, Hero, and many other largish guilds out on the field. Many of my bags have fallen at my feet, many more of my bags will fall. <3

Fixed that for you

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You’d think that NSP are the only ones enjoying themselves in Silver League (maybe YB too).

Server implosions and mass exodii made SBI and FA too big for Silver (will the finisher be worth it, former IoJ, DR, and DH folks?) and WvW sucks more than ever.

Gold league is a blast, as the score doesn’t reflect the realities on the ground. TC and the T1 servers get all their PPT through coverage, and the zerg-busting fights are awesome since the T1 servers have been pretty good sports about things and tend not to overzerg after the weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Thanks for that Chris. Your opinion is obviously what we needed.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Hi Charak,

You have a interesting complaint. If you would use your link and take a look at the SoR/BG/Mag match, as you can tell BG is winning, at times ticking 300-400+ most the match. While mag doesn’t have the population to win, Mags guilds and players are out there fighting hard. Just a few moments before this post, Mag had BG pushed back to Vally in EBG (while our map is queued)

Your problem is expecting you can win the PPT game, with out coverage, you can not. You bring up balance? Both Anet and any WvW player will tell you, WvW is not balanced and won’t be any time soon. It’s up to you to make it fun, you say you’re a commander? Rally 20-30 regular people, train them, get better together. Get out there and fight, drop the “we can win the match” mentality because its (As SpehssMehreen said) a defeatist attitude.

Good luck

To whom it may concern,

Please show up and entertain us.

Your friend and mine;
The Stacked Servers.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Waiting for a gold leaguer to defend stacking their top 3. Is this how the game is played?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Chris.3290

Thanks for that Chris. Your opinion is obviously what we needed.

You know I’m here for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

The problem with getting out there and trying is that there’s little incentive. WvW in this game just isn’t as fun as similar experiences in past games, mostly because combat and classes are entirely designed for 5v5 and smaller fights…. It’s really no mystery to me that people are quick to leave when frustrated… cause a lot of the time WvW is kind of boring.

For example, look at the number of fights in this game that are cancelled because one side zergs like woah or because a handful of people are mashing arrowcart buttons…. or the amount of time people spend ganking camps and sentries because there’s not much else they feel they can accomplish. Yawn.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I’m having lots of fun with the season. I get excited every time I see Mend, Hero, and many other largish guilds out on the field. Many of my bags have fallen at my feet, many more of my bags will fall. <3

Fixed that for you

LOL, feel better about yourself? <3

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

Imagine being on Mag or SoS right now… they are getting hammered by the heaviest servers with no end in sight.

Leagues exacerbated an already crappy problem (transfers and tier locks). Until they abandon this architecture, I am not sure there is much that can be done sans eliminating leagues altogether.

Mag and SoS wanted in the gold league. A lot of SBI wanted to be in there too. FA tanked to get to silver. The argument for wanting to be in Gold, is that we knew we would get stomped, but there would be plenty of good fights to be had, at all hours of the day.

Argument for silver was that we would stomp people and get the better prizes.

But, stomping isn’t fun, just ask BG, FA, JQ, SBI, HoD, and SF. It gets boring. Less fights all the time.

Getting stomped is even less fun than stomping in my opinion. Being on FA from the start we have had decent WvW coverage initially, it went downhill when Anet changed the weekly matchups to RNG.

Over the summer I believe we had around 17 weeks of blown out matchs, for or against us. I don’t believe any of the true WvW players tanked in FA to get into Silver, but I’m sure a lot of the casuals that would go in there to help quit after the stompings we were taking a month and a half before leagues. I myself was shocked we fell into Silver League. And as a competitive player it’s nice to be able to challenge and or dominate servers in our league to capitalize on “PPT”.

Now FA has gotten transfers; players looking for easy wins, old FA members that transferred and now transferred back due to our positioning in leagues, and overall it feels like our WvW Community is starting to thrive again. This might be due to leagues and the fact we dropped to Silver, but I’m enjoying WvW again.

Hopefully they do find a way to even the playing field so everyone can enjoy the motivation of the PPT scoring. Otherwise just get rid of it, and only give points on kills, holding ruins and sacking and defending camps, towers, keeps, and castles. Personally I’d like to see points based on the same WvW events that give karma and rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

snip

To whom it may concern,

Please show up and entertain us.

Your friend and mine;
The Stacked Servers.

LMAO at this. Seriously that’s how I feel about it. Needed that laugh, thanks.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Pretty much every week Bronze leagues’ biggest blowout is still closer than the closest gold or silver match. Only about 1/2 the matches we know who will win vs 90%+ of them.

I am speaking for NA FYI

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Im on FA and i sure as hell wont feel like i achieved anything when we ‘win’ silver. The league is pointless.

A couple weeks of this would be pointless. 7 weeks of it, with the prospect of more “seasons” in the future, and achievements that lure in disorganized and mostly cluelss pve’s to fill up queues, goes way beyond pointless.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Gold – TC/FA/SBI/MAG/SOS/Yak
Silver -
Bronze -

A better option, but people would still complain.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Silver -
Bronze -

If some people would move from TC to Yaks, this Gold would be an incredible league.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Silver -
Bronze -

Actually 3/6/6/9 would be FANTASTIC! So much so that I’m going to make a separate thread about it.

in WvW

Chris.3290

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Silver -
Bronze -

Any kind of mechanism that discourages stacking, or at least an end to updates and changes that reward that kind of behavior would go a long way to fixing things.

Item 1: scrap leagues. It’s pointless to give default rewards to servers in the Silver and Bronze league based upon how the mixture of RNG and fairweather tanking may have placed them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Maybe just remove the score altogether?
Award people individually?

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Look at it this way. Stacked servers, higher population, and of course 24×7 coverage means this:
1. They can ask people or guilds to control ruins (gives 3 stacks of bloodlust)
2. They can take anything has soon as you recap

So when the higher end servers play the middle and lower tiers 1 and 2 above makes the game pretty much unplayable. It doesn’t matter how kittene tries David “WILL” never beat Goliath. And if you play on any of the non top tier servers with normal coverage then you know exactly what I mean. They can take, control, and do whatever they want because nothing you do can stop them. Nothing.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

Maybe just remove the score altogether?
Award people individually?

Weekly, monthly ladders based on other objectives. However, this currently is not done…

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Silver -
Bronze -

Any kind of mechanism that discourages stacking, or at least an end to updates and changes that reward that kind of behavior would go a long way to fixing things.

Item 1: scrap leagues. It’s pointless to give default rewards to servers in the Silver and Bronze league based upon how the mixture of RNG and fairweather tanking may have placed them.

But, people would just stack the favorites in the other leagues, so it wouldn’t help at all.

Plus, t1 isn’t special, they do not deserve their own league.

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Platinum – BG/SOR/JQ
Silver -
Bronze -

But, people would just stack the favorites in the other leagues, so it wouldn’t help at all.

Plus, t1 isn’t special, they do not deserve their own league.

It’s not about whether they “deserve” their own leage. Its that they need to be banished to their own league so everyone else can have some fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The only way leagues would have even been close to balanced would be to lock server transfers just before they were announced, until after the league started. But even that would not have fixed all of the server imbalances population-wise, but it would have at least prevented the massive shift in populations that happened after the announcement. (Putting server transfers on sale was a brilliant move, too… /s)

Just abolish the leagues and let us go back to the old matchmaking system where you just got paired with the servers next to you in rank and you could work as a server to move up in the rankings.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

The only way leagues would have even been close to balanced would be to lock server transfers just before they were announced, until after the league started. But even that would not have fixed all of the server imbalances population-wise, but it would have at least prevented the massive shift in populations that happened after the announcement. (Putting server transfers on sale was a brilliant move, too… /s)

Just abolish the leagues and let us go back to the old matchmaking system where you just got paired with the servers next to you in rank and you could work as a server to move up in the rankings.

First paragraph. The only way this could be even remotely balanced would be to enforce map population caps. Not only a set limit but also enforce a sliding rule whereas each of the 3 servers in match within a percentage or two of one another at any given time. While possible, just won’t happen and it would ruin the global war look and feel.

Second paragraph talking about abolishment. I think those who disagree with the league play all sit on this fence. My personal opinion is that WvW in its current form does not conform to any sort of league play. If that is the game, then leave it to the S/T PvP meta. For WvW you need to open or expand the portal to participants and add new weekly and monthly achievements outside the few today.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

“Both Anet and any WvW player will tell you, WvW is not balanced and won’t be any time soon”

… hmm why even bother…..

BAGS!

in WvW

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

Hi Charak,

You have a interesting complaint. If you would use your link and take a look at the SoR/BG/Mag match, as you can tell BG is winning, at times ticking 300-400+ most the match. While mag doesn’t have the population to win, Mags guilds and players are out there fighting hard. Just a few moments before this post, Mag had BG pushed back to Vally in EBG (while our map is queued)

Your problem is expecting you can win the PPT game, with out coverage, you can not. You bring up balance? Both Anet and any WvW player will tell you, WvW is not balanced and won’t be any time soon. It’s up to you to make it fun, you say you’re a commander? Rally 20-30 regular people, train them, get better together. Get out there and fight, drop the “we can win the match” mentality because its (As SpehssMehreen said) a defeatist attitude.

Good luck

Says the player on the dominating server……….I really think its kinda disgusting that people tell others to enjoy a game they cannot win. For me its a has to be balance between effort and rewards……playing for fights but getting overwhelmed at every turn is NOT my idea of enjoyment, especially since those OP servers are getting more rewards for less effort.

Really the devs should take a stance and face this problem before the competition comes out or they will lose many players who feel they have been ignored and spitted on with this lack of empathy.

To all those players who feel playing a game when you have NO chance of winning is fun, don’t demean those vocal enough to say something is wrong with the game mode. Games are meant to be competitive where each match should not be determined before-hand and that would be the fun factor that most of us are looking for.

im on mag and play during the sea/oceanic time zone mag has probably got the worst coverage during that timezone in the top 10 servers and we still go around and pick fights and have fun. Were outmanned on every bl and still manage to hold our ebg keep most nights vs sor and bg blobs don’t go for ppt when your losing go for loot bags

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I don’t get it… I don’t. Last night in EB on Gold League, we had 35-40 guys zerging around and taking keeps, the castle, etc… We ran head long into biggers zergs several times and won and lost. 50-60 player zergs. Just because you have fewer, doesn’t mean you can’t win. We basically took everything we tried to take. The times we lost open field we got taken by surprise, well the commander did, he froze heh.

I don’t understand, “out manned”.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: volmok.3580

volmok.3580

“For sale: GW2 rifle. Never fired, dropped once”

Made my day! Nice one

V.

in WvW

Chris.3290

I don’t get it… I don’t. Last night in EB on Gold League, we had 35-40 guys zerging around and taking keeps, the castle, etc… We ran head long into biggers zergs several times and won and lost. 50-60 player zergs. Just because you have fewer, doesn’t mean you can’t win. We basically took everything we tried to take. The times we lost open field we got taken by surprise, well the commander did, he froze heh.

Wow, someone on JQ doesn’t understand the outnumbered concept. If you’ve been there a while, think about next week against BG if ATM and FOO left….now imagine that 2 out of 3 weeks.
Do that and then you are ready to join the conversation.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Month-long (4 weeks) 6 team seasons would have been a far better system for fun, but would have been worth much less in terms of transfer revenu. These leagues, even if not even fun for most servers (given that winning by 100k or losing by 100k is boring) will have allowed them to post good revenu numbers to impress the bosses for promotions. This is a business, deal with it.

All those transfers, paid with gold, inflated the Gold to Gem ratio allowing Anet to get from 65cents per gold to 25cents per gold, whereas the farmers sit at 15cents per gold thus prompting gold buyers to buy gold from Anet instead for risk-free RMT. Before leagues, the ban risk was simply worth it. Seasons also increased the value of superior blueprints and with the lack of gold from WvW, a lot of commanders will buy Gems to satisfy their ego to increase their winning chances. (Some literally spend 30g per night in WvW)

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Imagine a constant 50-60 zerg running around most of the time, regardless of day for a single server on every WvW map. Now imagine the opposing servers, each barely able to get 20-25 people together at specific hours on each map. The 20-25 can hold back the enemy, but can’t counterattack, eventually leading to the 50-60 zerg overwhelming them on EVERY map. That’s what servers go up against in Silver League often, we can’t fight against that kind of coverage. It’s why the points difference between 1st and 2nd is often super high in a weekly match, and why people don’t like the weeks against FA, SBI, or YB. We can’t compete against them, period.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Hi, welcome to WvW Seasons, where everyone but the devs seemed to see this coming. Oops.

On the topic of Mag, we purposely PPTed hard to get into Gold League so we could fight servers that are actually good and get lots and lots of GvGs. The alternative was dominating Silver League and being bandwagon transferred to hell. No thanks. Mag has a different mentality, though, and our WvW community has never actually cared about our PPT nor our ranking. Most servers like trying really hard to win matchups and get zero reward for it, though.

Also, and I’m speaking from experience here, a 20-25 man group can most definitely hold off a 50-60 man blob. It requires a good group comp, people listening on VOIP, and good movement, though, so good luck with pugs.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Also, and I’m speaking from experience here, a 20-25 man group can most definitely hold off a 50-60 man blob. It requires a good group comp, people listening on VOIP, and good movement, though, so good luck with pugs.

We had all that. We were holed up in Garrison, keeping them from taking over as long as possible. 3 hours of work, and we finally fell because we couldn’t keep the small team of 3-5 grabbing supply and doing patchwork on the holes in the garrison fast enough. Twas a leaky boat, and she finally sank at the end of those 3 hours. Despite being trebbed at NE, rammed at Watergate, and golemed on east, we survived 3 hours. If that tells you how bad it was.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

We had all that. We were holed up in Garrison, keeping them from taking over as long as possible. 3 hours of work, and we finally fell because we couldn’t keep the small team of 3-5 grabbing supply and doing patchwork on the holes in the garrison fast enough. Twas a leaky boat, and she finally sank at the end of those 3 hours. Despite being trebbed at NE, rammed at Watergate, and golemed on east, we survived 3 hours. If that tells you how bad it was.

Actually it sounds like an epic farm. I don’t see why you would be unhappy about this.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Have to agree here, SBI better put their try hard shoes on again or fa will stomp you and so till SoS you may beat mag in coverage but I can promise their EU and NA guilds would wipe the floor with Sbi blood all day with the servers current combat performance. You’re in for another exodus if you all aren’t ready to get hit hard 24/7.

Coming from IoJ which bandwagoned and bandwagoned again, then collapsed rather quickly, he speaks from experience

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Actually it sounds like an epic farm. I don’t see why you would be unhappy about this.

Sounds like a couple of fights we had in Week 1 with SoR/BG/JQ. That’s some epic stuff man. Even when you lose your garri, you don’t feel like you lost that much cause you made it so hard for them to take it.

Speaking from a BG perspective, where we’ve had our ups and downs over the past couple months, being stomped is definitely not fun. It’s really hard to rally casual PvE players into WvW while you’re losing by a huge margin. The problem compounds itself when your opposing server is gaining guilds/players (hi SoR, we know how you feel, really, just look at how BG did just before leagues – we had the outmanned buff on at least 2 out of the 4 maps, sometimes 3 during those couple of weeks after we lost those few guilds).

It’s at that time when you play purely for fights and loot bags. It just makes the game that much more fun. Huge 60+ vs 60+ vs 60+ zerg fights during NA prime are just epicly fun, disregarding the skill lag. Even during Oceanic, which is when I log on, playing for fights will always bring rewards when playing against quality opponents (hi JQ). Who cares about holding a paper tower when you could wait for their zerg outside and fight it out. Even when your zerg is only 20 people strong against a zerg twice your size. Build an open field arrow cart or two just for lulz if you have to. :P

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Trying to put a happy face on getting stomped is admirable. But you can only do it so long. An epic defense is great fun yes, but when that garrison was your last hold out. And you lose it its gone and you have nothing left. And when the only thing you have to look forward to is more of the same every single day, it weighs on a person.

And it makes you not want to log in. So more and more don’t log in and then it gets even worse. So you end up having less and less of the good defenses and good fights. And it just gets worse and worse and snowballs straight to hell.

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

just leave FA and SBI and YB to fight each other for the next 4 weeks, everyone already knows what servers will pull ahead and we’re not even half way through the season. Its not like there is going to be a difference and it doesn’t need a reason to leave these stacked servers stomping everyone else.

Obviously, your server just suck at WvW. Look, the Dev already said a rank 12 server have a chance vs a rank 6 server. So, I don’t know what you or your server are doing wrong. Maybe it is a learn to play issue. Pick up your balls and get out there and feed bags….errr I mean fight.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Ive said this before, and I’ll say it again, eliminate WvW and leagues as we know it. Create factions, and have players join a certain faction whenever they want to join WvW.

Put up the numbers each map and factions have at once so you can either choose to join an even numbered (or outnumbered fight).

You’d eliminate population imbalance, you’d eliminate que times, and you (could) avoid skill lag if you wanted to play on a smaller numbers map.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

T1 servers asking about the concept of outmanned… Lol’d irl. Best post I’ve read all day 11/10

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Ive said this before, and I’ll say it again, eliminate WvW and leagues as we know it. Create factions, and have players join a certain faction whenever they want to join WvW.

Put up the numbers each map and factions have at once so you can either choose to join an even numbered (or outnumbered fight).

You’d eliminate population imbalance, you’d eliminate que times, and you (could) avoid skill lag if you wanted to play on a smaller numbers map.

Or instanced Alliances/GvG battlegrounds, 2 or 3 way 15/25/50 across the servers, so now it’s a matter of guild management instead of server level recruitment. They can leave the WvWvW maps for the roamers and siege people, just take off the scoreboard.

Whispers with meat.