Sometimes I wish down state didn't exist

in WvW

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

To be more specific, didn’t exist in WvW.

I see these great players who put videos of themselves handling like 2-3 players at the same time and owning them in every aspect, but it doesn’t even really matter since they just rez each other. I think people would be more motivated to do some great solo or small group pvp action on the field without zerging all the darned day if it wasn’t for down state. It would also encourage people to actually try and master PVP, and reach that state where you’re able to handle a few people at the same time rather than ‘oh well they’re just gonna revive each other anyways.’

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Anet would lose all of their casual player base.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

I disagree. No other MMO’s have downed state and that didn’t affect their casual player base. If the travel from point A to point B may cause huge inconvenience for the players maybe they should consider an alternative that wouldn’t change the duels themselves.

for example: a portable reviving point that can be placed x distance from the base. When you die, you have the option to revive there instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Other mmo’s have healers.

And those healers make 6 on 2’s impossible in those games as well.

So your point?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

osif.8673

I mean, I would love for downstate to be removed in PvP situations. But if they were to do that, I guarantee the amount of cries from the mindless zerging noobs that don’t like dying would flood the forums and Anet would probably backpedal. Just what I think would happen!

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Good small teams use the rally mechanic to their advantage

they bring res skills
they bring skills to help them finish
they coordinate their ressing and finishes and don’t mindlessly spam damage.

If you are small grouping without considering how to make downstate work for you instead of against you, you need to rethink your approach.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

osif.8673

they bring res skills

If you are small grouping without considering how to make downstate work for you instead of against you, you need to rethink your approach.

With that said, I still think the downed state and rally system is bs and doesn’t have a place in PvP. This topic though has been pretty exhausted since beta, haha.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

heres how you deal with downed state. when you see someoen getting ressed, you aoe the guy ressing him.

now you have 2 downed.

in WvW

osif.8673

heres how you deal with downed state. when you see someoen getting ressed, you aoe the guy ressing him.

now you have 2 downed.

…and then they rally off of a moa bird.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Anet would lose all of their casual player base.

No they wouldn’t, many would stick around, and a lot more would join. Which I suppose would increase the que times…

I don’t think i’ve ever read one post or heard one person say they’d leave WvW if they removed downed state. I do know of many people who have left for that very reason.

It wouldn’t hurt Anet to do a 1-2 week experiment, remove it and see how it goes, and see how the server match-ups shake up.

in WvW

osif.8673

Casual mindless zergs would get rolled by 5 man organized, more skilled groups. I’m completely for this, but it’s already evident that when the casual bandwagoners start losing and dying, they leave WvW. I’d be all for it, but I don’t think Anet would want the casuals to end up never stepping foot into WvW.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

^ “Casual” is not interchangeable with “unskilled”.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

osif.8673

“Mindless zerg” is though.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

“Mindless zerg” is though.

And mindless zergs can already be slaughtered by groups a third their size. It takes organisation to do, but that’s your strength against the zerg.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

osif.8673

-sigh- yes, I know. The point is if downed state was removed, numbers wouldn’t matter really at all. AoE cap + downed state, numbers matter a ton.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

So your point?

You want to be able to win a 2v6? Bring more people.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

(edited by Archon.6481)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If those pro players were so pro, they’d bring more than a knife to a gun fight. The fact is, if you engage along and can’t finish, you have no one, or nothing else to blame but yourself.

Down state is a mechanic of gw2 gameplay. You’ve got to keep your head in the game and overcome it.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

they bring res skills

With that said, I still think the downed state and rally system is bs and doesn’t have a place in PvP. This topic though has been pretty exhausted since beta, haha.

I’ve played many games like this…I hear this very statement a great deal in games that ignored their player base. Ultima Online, DAOC, Shadowbane…what do they have in common? They are dead games…. So if something is constantly being complained about….well…why not fix it?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

So your point?

You want to be able to win a 2v6? Bring more people.

2v6 is the only way to do it in WvW. That or 1v6. Problem is, if you bring 6 and try for 6v6 they run away and come back with 20. Its a never ending cycle, so I just fight outnumbered and compensate with skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I not to sure why we should help people win 1v2’s in wvw, as far as I’m concerned those people going around looking for 1vx is www aren’t actually contributing to there servers success there just taking up Que spots form people who want help out. don’t get me wrong i love solo’ing, targeting camps/yaks/sentry that helps the server out i do the 1v1’s on the way to the objective and run away from 1vx’s, unless the out maned buff is up, I do not expect to win a 1vx, because 1 person should not be able to be 2 unless there fighting scrubs.

If you take away the down state, you will discourage guards/wars other front line specs from being able to charge in draw as much attention as possible and take as much damage away from the damage dealing back line and zvz’s (which i know is a dirty word around here) would be a game a kitten footing around each until someone is stupid enough to attack.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I not to sure why we should help people win 1v2’s in wvw, as far as I’m concerned those people going around looking for 1vx is www aren’t actually contributing to there servers success there just taking up Que spots form people who want help out. don’t get me wrong i love solo’ing, targeting camps/yaks/sentry that helps the server out i do the 1v1’s on the way to the objective and run away from 1vx’s, unless the out maned buff is up, I do not expect to win a 1vx, because 1 person should not be able to be 2 unless there fighting scrubs.

When I have killed 20 yaks in a single tick for a total of 60PPT whilst the other 60 allied players hold hands and fail to capture a keep I wonder why those 60 players bothered turning up. I don’t know if that made sense. Im drunk.

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

When I have killed 20 yaks in a single tick for a total of 60PPT whilst the other 60 allied players hold hands and fail to capture a keep I wonder why those 60 players bothered turning up. I don’t know if that made sense. Im drunk.

that’s a fair statement mate but its got little to do with the op. but in reply you should not look at 20 yaks as only 60ppt but as denying 2000 supply which a great job it stops upgrades and deny’s repairing and building defensive siege. and whos to say the 30-60 defending the keep didn’t do a better job then the guys attacking?

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Good groups use downstate as advantage, rally allies and use coordination to spike downed enemies. Bads – endlessly whine about downstate since release. Cannot prevent revive and spike downed? l2p.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Me too bro, the other night I was with this girl and… oh, you mean GW2 down state. Yeah, I agree with that too.

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Good groups don’t have players going down in the first place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been 1v2+ or 2-5 vs 6-15 and enemies continuously revive each other with superior numbers. Downed state is the best friend of noobs and encourages mass zerging.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

It’s not always about “winning” 2 vs 6. If the two manage to down 1 or 2 before they get rolled they deserve the kills. With downed state you can’t even do that.

Removing downed state would help the undermanned side to feel they can do something before the zerg facerolls them.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Removing downed state would help the undermanned side to feel they can do something before the zerg facerolls them.

Hmm, Overmanned (opposite of Outmanned) debuff ? Debuffed side wouldn’t have a downed state… Sounds hilarious

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

My warrior with 20k-30k+ crits from range of 1500, approves this change. My thief likes it too.

No, instead of removing downed they should probably tune it so that stomping is generally faster than ressing. The PvE speed ressing in WvW just makes no sense. Currently even 1 player resses faster than one can stomp without quickness.

Good groups use downstate as advantage, rally allies and use coordination to spike downed enemies.

Guild zergs groups yeah, but its pain for people who like small skirmishes over spam fests.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This topic has been discussed a million times.

The reply is

“Anet will never remove downstate. It is a fundamental design.”

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

This topic has been discussed a million times.

The reply is

“Anet will never remove downstate. It is a fundamental design.”

Not remove, but they should tune it for WvW just like they tuned it for Spvp.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

The downed state is one of the best new inventions of GW2 and works perfectly in WvW. Only thing that needs to change is downed skill balance, some classes got god mode skills (mistform) while other classes (engi) have basically just a ‘wave white flag and die’ downed skills. Infuriates me seeing all the mists fleeing back to a keep through portals when all I can do is throw a hook at someone and miss 80% of the time, even if it hits, it makes no difference. And the explosion is a joke. That’s the only problem atm, problem is anet plays only thieves so that will never be fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

The downed state is one of the best new inventions of GW2 and works perfectly in WvW. Only thing that needs to change is downed skill balance, some classes got god mode skills (mistform) while other classes (engi) have basically just a ‘wave white flag and die’ downed skills. Infuriates me seeing all the mists fleeing back to a keep through portals when all I can do is throw a hook at someone and miss 80% of the time, even if it hits, it makes no difference. And the explosion is a joke. That’s the only problem atm, problem is anet plays only thieves so that will never be fixed.

My Necro and I agree with this statement.

I have few issues with downed state except that there is a complete lack of balance as far as skills per class go.