Stealth Spammers

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

If only ppl would know that there is no “stealth spam” in this game.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

If only ppl would know that there is no “stealth spam” in this game.

Yeah right… thief stealth is ok, nothing to see there… lol.

Even Mesmer stealth is too much with PU trait imo, and that is not spammable like thiefs one.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Stop making stealth look like kitten and asking for a “stealth nerf” when D/P is the one who make “stealth spam” possible with no risk at all. This is the same kitten all over again. P/W used to be fine, but with haste it is OP as kitten. But look at what everyone want, nerf P/W damage and stuff, when haste is the one that made it OP. And in the end, haste still get nerfed, and people still call it OP. Same goes with Frenzy+bull rush+100b.

Most people keep on asking a nerf that is not needed, thus making a certain weapon set/whole build of it to be useless, and in this case most of thief setup will be useless. Might as well just completely remove thief from the game.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

I just started playing wvw. I used to just play pvp before for more than half a year (snip)

You remind me of a guy(shatter mesmer), that entered wvw and asked do people 1v1 somewhere, and he was a pro PvP-er. Well guess what – WvW is so different than PvP it’s like comparing potatos to kiwis. Long story short, I found him some duelers. He lost every single duel, no matter the class he fought.
Also – zerker rangers are thieves’ food.

lol… it depends on the ranger. i killed a thief 3x in a row 1v1 from AR on my zerker ranger just a couple of minutes ago. they think they can always beat someone who is running an underpowered build. very funny.

what i am trying to point out here is that thieves i see all the time are abusing stealth like an addict. when they fight me, they would always stay to fight to the death but when i see them fight somebody else, what they do is they will use black powder+hs 2x and instantly they are safe from danger. d/p stealth combo just has to be nerfed.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

its not a mechanic. it is imbalance. do you think its cool fighting someone who disappears every couple of seconds? a ranger only has 3 sec of stealth and we use that more tactically than thieves.

They don’t get protection on every dodge roll, their opponents not seeing where they are is the only damage mitigation beyond dodging. They also have damage and healing tied to stealth.

i dont see thieves like these in pvp at all and i know how to play thief in pvp. stealth in wvw from thieves is completely out of control. you cant make a mistake if you wanna kill them. no single mistake.

Something new to learn then. Afaik one can not cap or hold points while in stealth, which is why you don’t see them there. In Wvw you can try to kill the competition and then cap a point.

im sure a lot of people who arent playing as a thief have the same complaints.

They have learned.

it’s a 2 sec of protection which is almost useless and you have to trait for that heavily. you dont compare how hard it is to play a ranger to how facerolling it is to play as a thief in wvw. you just dont.

when i see a thief alone, i make sure i kill him so he could not faceroll other roamers like me. i’ve seen a thief kill 3 people. do you think that’s fair?

Going in stealth is the ONLY means of defense thieves have. You cannot expect a class that revolves around stealth to not stealth. And as far as thieves being easy goes, they’re not. I have so many horrible thieves. Thieves can be annoying yes, but so can every other class in the game. To be perfectly honest I find condition/regen rangers and condition engineers to be more of a pain than thieves. Also, I have seen eles 1 v zerg, nerf eles now too I guess?

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

its not a mechanic. it is imbalance. do you think its cool fighting someone who disappears every couple of seconds? a ranger only has 3 sec of stealth and we use that more tactically than thieves.

They don’t get protection on every dodge roll, their opponents not seeing where they are is the only damage mitigation beyond dodging. They also have damage and healing tied to stealth.

i dont see thieves like these in pvp at all and i know how to play thief in pvp. stealth in wvw from thieves is completely out of control. you cant make a mistake if you wanna kill them. no single mistake.

Something new to learn then. Afaik one can not cap or hold points while in stealth, which is why you don’t see them there. In Wvw you can try to kill the competition and then cap a point.

im sure a lot of people who arent playing as a thief have the same complaints.

They have learned.

it’s a 2 sec of protection which is almost useless and you have to trait for that heavily. you dont compare how hard it is to play a ranger to how facerolling it is to play as a thief in wvw. you just dont.

when i see a thief alone, i make sure i kill him so he could not faceroll other roamers like me. i’ve seen a thief kill 3 people. do you think that’s fair?

Going in stealth is the ONLY means of defense thieves have. You cannot expect a class that revolves around stealth to not stealth. And as far as thieves being easy goes, they’re not. I have so many horrible thieves. Thieves can be annoying yes, but so can every other class in the game. To be perfectly honest I find condition/regen rangers and condition engineers to be more of a pain than thieves. Also, I have seen eles 1 v zerg, nerf eles now too I guess?

there should always be a limit to everything. i think we have already established that thieves that use dagger/pistol stealth a bit too much. it’s not fun that it takes too much time trying to find a perma-stealth thief in your keep.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

… when they fight me, they would always stay to fight to the death but when i see them fight somebody else, what they do is they will use black powder+hs 2×...

Just curious, how did you know it’s the same player?

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

there should always be a limit to everything. i think we have already established that thieves that use dagger/pistol stealth a bit too much. it’s not fun that it takes too much time trying to find a perma-stealth thief in your keep.

Maybe you should be worried about the mesmers, they can portal an army inside. And to be honest I think it’s these little tactical details that make the format interesting, searching the garrison for thieves and mesmers is more fun then zerg blasting doors and lords.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, GW2 has by far the worst stealth mechanic of any MMO I’ve played.

And I say that as a Thief.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

Maybe you should be worried about the mesmers, they can portal an army inside. And to be honest I think it’s these little tactical details that make the format interesting, searching the garrison for thieves and mesmers is more fun then zerg blasting doors and lords.

it maybe fun for you because you are a thief but it’s definitely not fun for other classes that dont have the same utilities like you do. going in and out of stealth for as many as you like is not ok in my book.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

… when they fight me, they would always stay to fight to the death but when i see them fight somebody else, what they do is they will use black powder+hs 2×...

he kept coming back to the same spot where i was standing. i think he really wanted vengeance and redeem himself from getting butt-kicked by a zerker ranger and i wasnt that rude not to provide him a lesson.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

it maybe fun for you because you are a thief but it’s definitely not fun for other classes that dont have the same utilities like you do. going in and out of stealth for as many as you like is not ok in my book.

You misunderstand, I find it fun searching the keep, which is a more immersive activity in this war-setting then zerg blasting the keep’s lord. The utilities of my thief have zero impact on this. You cannot seriously believe it is easier to search a keep for spies with a thief.

On a side note, Rangers actually have utilities to track down stealthed characters, thieves do not.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

he kept coming back to the same spot where i was standing. i think he really wanted vengeance and redeem himself from getting butt-kicked by a zerker ranger and i wasnt that rude not to provide him a lesson.

But was it the same guy that fought the group you mentioned? It seems odd that’d be less cautious against someone who’d beaten him before then against an unknwon group.

Then again, you might also have presented an opportunity to learn something new.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

A lot of ppl against the stealth SPAM (no even stealth, the SPAM of it) give to you a lot of great arguments why stealth in current state is bad for the game.

You, stealth spammers lovers, really are like child. You cant accept it and your argument is “is the only way i have to play” that is NOT true.

You have PLENTY ways to evade damage, and you still have stealth, the problem is YOU SHOULDN’T SPAM IT.

1) Defense mechanic. You have blinds, evasions, mobility, interrupts. You said “i cant have all of it”, yes you can. You cant maybe in certain weapons combination, but guest what, that is like EVERY class. “But we are squishy” Guardian said “HI”, 11k healing pool without real mobility, yes some healing (no that much if you don’t build it), NO stealth, blocks but no evasions like thief and they have all CD abilities. “Oh but they are heavy armor”

2,147 Base Armor for soldiers.
2,000 Base Armor for adventurers
1,853 Base Armor for scholars.

147 more armor! BIG DEAL!!!! YOU NEED PERMA STEALTH BECAUSE YOU HAVE 147 LESS ARMOR!

You know what is the big difference? Other classes used to build defensive stats (like knight/cavalier/valkyrie) . You don’t, because you rely in perma stealth that allow you to build FULL zerker and had HIGH survivability. If you haven`t perma stealth maybe (i still think you still have enough defensive mechanic) you need to build defense and you lose some damage, LIKE EVERY CLASS!

2) Build diversity? There is a LOT of classes have no build diversity. That don’t give you the right to continue with spamfest stealth. With that logic give to “non-build diversity classes” some annoying mechanic to exploit.

3) Build armor and defenses, LIKE EVERY CLASS, or just go to kill or die, LIKE EVERY ZERKER CLASS. Seriously, and learn to timing you skills, again, you have no CD, if you don’t timing your skill you have no excuses, and is because you cant by reflexes or you waste your initiative to fast. CD limit you a lot. Thief can cast skills anytime if you don’t waste your energy like an idiot. If you have CD, when you use it you NEED TO WAIT.

You are the ONLY ONE CLASS who can fight vs 5 enemies and actually kill someone (maybe not pin him) without being killed, and maintain that fight for indefinite amount of time.

4) Stop comparing with warrior, warrior is broken as hell, or make a warrior if you see them too amazing compared with thief, because i prefer always a OP BROKEN warrior to fight against than a spamstealth thief, at least i can try to fight a warrior and the fight ends in a reasonable amount of time.

Thief is annoying, force you to play his game. You can escape, force you to fight even if you “defeat him” because they go to stealth, reset the fight and try it over and over, forcing you to “defeat” him over and over until the thief get bored or kill you.

I don’t even fight anymore, i just try to kill him one time, if they cast shadow refuge because “he lose” i just go away or let him kill me if he come back. I am just too sick of that kind of fights, i prefer respawn and don’t lose my time.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Run an OP warrior hammer HS build in WvW and it just gets wrecked by some those stealth/blind spamming thieves. Being blinded during the 3 seconds of reveal equals to not being able to do any damage while getting pew pew’d to death. If warrior is so OP like people say it is and it gets wrecked by this thief build than this thief build is OP as kitten and needs to be nerfed.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

sminkiottone.6972

Just go to OS and look at how many stealth spam thief d/p are there compared to any other class.
But thiefs still think they are better players than anyone, they win because they are good, not because stealth is broken… /facepalm

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

WvW is the most imbalanced area to fight in this game. You are always going to be up against a build/spec that is deemed OP because it can easily counter yours. Running a zerker Ranger in WvW solo you’re gonna have a bad time. As skilled as you probably are you’re gonna get melted by more than one class and yes we get it you dislike fighting thieves because they can slip from your grasp so easily. WvW isn’t sPvP welcome to the jungle.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I find it somewhat amusing that the PvE’ers are talking kitten about Valentin. He’s a pretty well known tPvP’er.

At least be constructive instead of just spouting the “L2P” or “Get used to it” nonsense. Try not to get so personal about it for once, think objectively.

+1 especially second part.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Buzzcrave.6197

… how many stealth spam thief d/p are there compared to any other class …

You ownself realize that all “stealth spammer” you guys are babbling about is using D/P. Wanna know why? Because that is the only weapon set that are able to spam stealth without any risk at all, while having 2 gap closer(one able to blind), an interrupt, an aoe blind field, and yet you still ask for a nerf on “stealth” instead of tweaking the weapon set that are abusing stealth mechanism.

Common sense is out of the world in this thread.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yeah, GW2 has by far the worst stealth mechanic of any MMO I’ve played.

And I say that as a Thief.

Idd, they tried to approach stealth on a whole other way but failed terribly giving thieves the ability to spam stealth like this in combat, idc much if they can hide perma out of combat but this is ridicilous and could use a rework, not nerf nerf nerf but a rework.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I haven’t really had any problems with stealth in WvW since the changes to culling fixed perma-stealth.

it’s just a different challenge to figure out how to handle it. It may be more punishing to certain builds, but then if your build is well done you’ll be offering other players the same kind of challenge.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I can still easily perma stealth and attack in combat without being revealed on my thief. It’s the most opd mechanic in the history off mmos, GW2 stealth. My fellow thieves know it but are frantic to preserve the ez mode. Those of us who play multiple classes know the truth and will tell it.

OP’d thief, lol

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

sminkiottone.6972

You ownself realize that all “stealth spammer” you guys are babbling about is using D/P. Wanna know why? Because that is the only weapon set that are able to spam stealth without any risk at all, while having 2 gap closer(one able to blind), an interrupt, an aoe blind field, and yet you still ask for a nerf on “stealth” instead of tweaking the weapon set that are abusing stealth mechanism.

Funny how you speak about common sense lol.

We ask to tweak stealth = Thiefs are gonna rage QQ, “Deleting my thief” “No defence” “useless class”
We ask to tweak D/P = Thiefs are gonna rage QQ, “Deleting my thief” " only build viable" " free loot bag"

We can’t have a normal discussion when speaking about thief…

But you should ask yourself, why are that many D/P-D/D thiefs and PU mesmers in OS ? imho the answare is logic, they are the most easy and powerfull builds ingame for 1vs1, and those people don’t like to be balanced because they don’t like to lose…

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I just started playing wvw. I used to just play pvp before for more than half a year and I noticed that thieves use stealth beyond normal in wvw. I dont know why they are allowed to do that in wvw. It’s not fun fighting them at all.

I play as a zerker ranger and it takes a lot of effort for me to kill a thief. I can beat them theres no problem about that but i dont think that they are even exerting any effort to the fight. most of the times they will stealth then run far away, reset and come back. it is lame, no-skill and braindead.

They only look for the weak soloers,when they give a player a few hits that reacts to fast or doesnt drop quick enough,its stealth and run… Just make sure you pin them down Fast,and drop them before they can blink.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

^i agree d/p is very annoying to fight however anet cant do what u suggested, this defies the weapon -> skills mechanic and will perhaps destroy d/p build, then u will see only d/d thieves everywhere

Switching say Death Blossom and Heart Seeker on the D/D and D/P weapon sets doesn’t defy anything. D/P would still be left with a daze, teleport, two blinds and shadow field. They could even still do a leap finisher if they used D/D as a secondary weapon set but then the risk free stealth would be on a timer since weapon swaps are on a timer.

D/D isn’t a problem. For D/D to stealth they have to get up close and personal. D/D also lacks a built in blind so getting close is difficult and missing is downright painful. D/D also doesn’t have a teleport/blind in one attack so they don’t have a quick in to their target without a weapon swap. D/D simply requires more skill and usually more defense to play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

thieves do more stealth in wvw because it works. In pvp you have to fight on a pt which more or less negates the power of stealth. Since you still take damage in stealth and you can’t hold a pt in stealth. So a stealth heavy thief is not much use to a team if you are trying to win a match.
In wvw it’s all about kills, there are plenty of room to move and no pt to hold. So you can’t really blame theives for using a potent skill to it’s max. Since the game is balanced around spvp stealth will never get nerfed so just deal with it is my advice.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Holding point is not the main idea why thief can’t perma steath bros.
its because reveal is 4 sec.
you can go to 1v1 room and never see anyone spam stealth.

moreover these thief in tpvp can play at the top lv without perma stealth. if you say your stealth is only way you can stay alive . I suggest you to go L2P in spvp more.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Buzzcrave.6197

Funny
We ask to tweak D/P = Thiefs are gonna rage QQ, “Deleting my thief” " only build viable" " free loot bag"

Nobody said D/p is the only build available? Which of my post said that? Stop making false accusation, and I believe most thief know that d/p is OP, hence I dont kittening mind if they tweak it in order for the weapon set to be less “stealth spam”. But if you change stealth, it’ll ruin all other weapon set that rely on stealth, and mind you all these weapon sets can not spam blind field/stealth spam with no target/no risk.

FYI, if you have problem with D/D, its L2P issue. So a thief that obviously walk/blink to you(seriously how the kitten can you not realize it? And how slow your reaction is? Stop kb turn and mouse click skill please!) and CnD in your face is OP? kittening joke!

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

We can’t have a normal discussion when speaking about thief…

The problem is that most ‘suggestions’ are usually outrageously unreasonable.

But you should ask yourself, why are that many D/P-D/D thiefs and PU mesmers in OS ?

OS is rather empty. I see a ranger and guardian, the ranger’s bear scares the guardian away. Another guardian enters, he duels the ranger. The ranger goes down. He leaves, as does the guardian. A mesmer enters, and a guardian. Unfortunately they’re on the same team. They leave.

You can really draw some solid conclusions about the popularity of these builds and classes in OS.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

moreover these thief in tpvp can play at the top lv without perma stealth. if you say your stealth is only way you can stay alive . I suggest you to go L2P in spvp more.

I am sure there are some very good stealth-less thieves in sPvP, but not every player plays at god level and us non-godlike players would like to play on a more or less even field with other non-godlike players. We know we’re not gods, that’s why we’ll quit our thieves if it’s skill floor is raised too high in comparison with the classes the other noobs get to play.

I invite you to make a thief and try roaming in Wvw and score some points for a couple of days, with S/P or P/P, or whatever stealth-less build you think works and then form your opinion.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: TreyOfBlades.3162

TreyOfBlades.3162

I play as a zerker ranger

Shoulda just left world vs world then.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I invite you to make a thief and try roaming in Wvw and score some points for a couple of days, with S/P or P/P, or whatever stealth-less build you think works and then form your opinion.

I suggest the same for you. Make any other class, build it FULL zerker and be free to do what you want, go to fight vs 3 or 5 enemies at same time and come back here to tell us what happened.

btw, i used to play a roaming p/p bow thief only because i enjoy that weapons sets and i haven’t problem with survivability, obliviously i haven’t the high survivability of perma-stealth, but i have enough. And i have plenty classes in lvl80 only for wvw to compare.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

TreyOfBlades.3162

another zergling refusing to learn how to fight other class

refusing to learn? lol

i play thief in pvp and i know how the class works. i just find it absurd how no-skill a thief can be in wvw. if you think you are running a hard spec as a thief in wvw, you are only fooling yourself.

See you say you know how to play the game.. but you’re rolling a zerker ranger.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Jackmo.3428

Jackmo.3428

I lol when I see someone arguing thief isnt op. “What?! 9k + per hit with unlimited reset and hits nobody can see to stop is op? Quit whining you’re wrong because I cant play a fair class!” <—- Thats all I hear. Roll a class another class and fight some thieves and then lets talk.

Sorrengild
ET Commander
Pro Guardian

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: SenSaturday.4130

SenSaturday.4130

Why not just give ranger an ability to see or detect hidden enemies, something like true sight or an aoe detect skill to give stealth units a debuff… making sense to "RANGER"S keen eyesight

it solves two problems, a counter for perma stealth thieves and an upgrade for the most hated/down voted ranger class… what do you say? ^^

Bhulkhatos – Norn/Guardian – Pormang Eagleview
Stand on my back, Let them come through me first!

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

But was it the same guy that fought the group you mentioned? It seems odd that’d be less cautious against someone who’d beaten him before then against an unknwon group.

Then again, you might also have presented an opportunity to learn something new.

no. im sorry if i confused you. i was talking about a legit 1v1 fight. i had a duel last night with a thief while i was building AC’s and ballista’s on our tower. he didn’t try to stealth away because he thought he could kill me instantly but i just made him wipe the floor 3×. i should have made a video but i dont know how. lol

i’m both a ransacker and a champion hunter. i dont mean to brag but i kind of have decent knowledge in duelling. i played spirit ranger, trap ranger, BM, mantra mesmer, PU mesmer, phantasm mesmer, d/d and d/p thief, zerker ranger, condi-necro, minion necro, scepter/dagger ele and hammer bow warrior in pvp. i’ve chosen to play a zerker ranger in wvw because it’s the most fun build for me. thanks anet for giving us tomes of knowledge!!! i finally was able to make a lvl 80 ranger through glory.

as a zerker ranger, thief is not one of those professions that i would avoid facing 1v1. i just don’t like it when i see them surviving 1v3 fights. it just doesnt feel right. you dont see anything like that in spvp/tpvp at all.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

so basically you chose a build that is not optimal for wvw and asks for nerfs for class that is only good at roaming….

not only that, you admit that you wiped the floor with that thief because they didn’t use stealth… doesn’t it prove how kittenty the class is w/o stealth

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

so basically you chose a build that is not optimal for wvw and asks for nerfs for class that is only good at roaming….

not only that, you admit that you wiped the floor with that thief because they didn’t use stealth… doesn’t it prove how kittenty the class is w/o stealth

i don’t like it when i see a thief surviving a 1v3 fight. it doesnt feel right. you play tpvp too, right? do you see that happen there? no. i only get to see that in wvw because most thieves here abuse stealth.

you have many options to still be viable. d/d setup is not that bad but those d/p thieves just prefer to take the easy way.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

TreyOfBlades.3162

d/d setup is not that bad but those d/p thieves just prefer to take the easy way.

Agreed but dealing with those theifs with a low skill cap is what differs the skilled roamers from the non-skilled roamers atm and its quite funny to watch d/p theifs struggle the moment something goes wrong

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

@uriel Breathe in Breathe out.

I thought I’d clear some of the myths about us: Thieves are not OP because of one Weapon-set and we do not have Perma Stealth, Perma Evades or Vigor.

To Summarize: D/P is an forgiveable Multi-Utility weapon-set, despite the Smoke (blind) field and Stealth issues it is possible to counter, but I understand at first it’s difficult to keep track of Thieves who disappear out of thin air – only to burst you down when you aren’t even faced the right direction.

That does not make Thieves an Easy Class to play, there are highly skilled thieves about that do not utilize that much stealth, it’s mainly roamers that run with low risk and high reward. wvw gear and stats are vastly different to what you find in PvP.

Overall I think it’s dangerous to change things drastically as certain changes will break certain weapon-sets like S/P which relies heavily on Black Powder for survival, and adding a reveal for blocking/evading under stealth which would punish D/D uses that don’t have easy access to stealth. Afaik when the 4s Reveal was reverted back in April 2013 it was because it didn’t work out well for thieves in PVE, unlike the nerf to Shadow Return which kinda broke the flow for us Sword thieves. Just look at the Necro Signet bug which melts gates; wvw is clearly not their priority and they don’t balance for wvw alone.

Thieves would need a complete rework and incentive to try out different Builds/Weapon Sets really.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

i don’t like it when i see a thief surviving a 1v3 fight.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the thieves. People in WvW are sooo bad compared to tpvp

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

They should have merged Thief and Ranger into a single class. Call it the 1337 R0gue. One may focus on pets, acrobatics, or lolstealth.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

That has absolutely nothing to do with the thieves. People in WvW are sooo bad compared to tpvp

that might be true but i havent seen any other class be able to pull off such a stunt. i can understand winning 1v2, 2v3, 3v4 and so on. when i was still playing pvp i was able to beat two warriors using my spirit ranger but they were both rank 1. they were both my guildies and i was just training them how to play in spvp. but someone to be able to pull off a 1v3 fight and come out as a victor is not normal. a bunker will be able to bunk 3 people attacking him but he will eventually die if his teammates didnt come on time to even the number.

a d/p thief has too much stealth that he can kite his enemies one by one. it’s not normal when you see a player using a zerker amulet and get utilities to survive an outnumbered match. other class needs to sacrifice damage for survivability or if they wanted to get survivability then they would have to sacrifice their damage instead. this is not something that you will find from a thief that abuses stealth. he gets great damage, crit and survivability. that’s just not fair.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

So you should not like it when happens with other classes aswell, but the scapegoat thief is always cool. Maybe that thief was better then other 3 ppl, maybe better than you. Ah no right, you can kill every thief even if you are still crying here

As always the problem is the lootbag, the+1. not the balance.
Luckily tpvpers are the best player in the best balanced game… :P

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

actually, we thieves can still easily perma stealth. anyone who claims otherwise either doesn’t know how to play a thief or is furiously attempting to protect a cheese build. Anyone who claims that perma stealth thieves cannot kill targets is doing it wrong, lol. Also, anyone who believes that thieves have no other defense than stealth or that thieves are squishy don’t know how to dodge, preserve endurance, and they only spec glass cannons. Thieves can reach 3500 armor if they wish. that’s hardly squishy. sorry. learn the class before making these outlandish claims about thieves.

OP’d thief, lol

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

So you should not like it when happens with other classes aswell, but the scapegoat thief is always cool. Maybe that thief was better then other 3 ppl, maybe better than you. Ah no right, you can kill every thief even if you are still crying here

As always the problem is the lootbag, the+1. not the balance.
Luckily tpvpers are the best player in the best balanced game… :P

you people still dont get it, do you?? or you just refuse to understand? black powder + hs combo should not get a thief a free stealth each time he executes it. if you think you are a good player running such a cheese build you are only fooling yourself.

pls try playing a different class, use a zerker build and compare the difference. thank you.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

as a zerker ranger, i need to time my skills to get a thief dead while a thief doesnt even need to use his brain to get out of the fight and come back after he restored his health and his utilities off cd.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

Thiefs won’t get fixed, because most Anet devs play this class. Some of the devs also have a warrior and some even have a mesmer. But sure they all hate rangers and eles. Get used to it. Just look at those faster-than-anything-else-heavy-armor-class-warriors which easily run away from every ranger – and then remember GW1.. No, better not, you might start to cry.
Don’t play ranger. Just don’t. Anet and their devs hate them.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I don’t mind perma stealth as annoying as it is. If a thief is to be the ultimate scout class, then stealth and mobility all the way. The issue comes from the insane damage output. A thief should be a feather weight, light and fast with the lowest damage output in the game. Not a powerhouse with huge burst damage! That’s what’s completely broken about thieves, the damage output. That includes the condi cheese build as mentioned in the first reply.

Actually didn’t Isaiah Cartwright even do a WvW havok tutorial as a Ranger with 2 thieves and 2 Mesmer’s in his party? I still think Thieves are the Golden Child of the Dev’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I just started playing wvw. I used to just play pvp before for more than half a year and I noticed that thieves use stealth beyond normal in wvw. I dont know why they are allowed to do that in wvw. It’s not fun fighting them at all.

I play as a zerker ranger and it takes a lot of effort for me to kill a thief. I can beat them theres no problem about that but i dont think that they are even exerting any effort to the fight. most of the times they will stealth then run far away, reset and come back. it is lame, no-skill and braindead.

Some “player with zero experience” thinks his opinion important for someone…

l2p! Learn your class and learn enemy classes!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)