Stealth and Speed Hacks in WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: thenivekproject.4139

thenivekproject.4139

Hi all,

I’ve been running WvWvW with my guild and these couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. Have seen Guardians and Eles that can go into stealth both during combat and down state.

Before you tell me it’s my latency of FPS I’m talking about a maximum of 5 man battle and my entire guild saw it everytime it happens because we’re on Mumble.

Anyone else here experiencing that?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Maybe they got stealthed by a thief? o-O That must be hax… totally.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

I have seen non-stealth-able class disappearing too when alone but I thought it was due to this :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Infiltration

in WvW

thenivekproject.4139

Really wish it was a thief stealthing but the ele was running alone when us (the 4 of the 5 in total around the entire area) were behind him. He vanished and re-appeared a few sec later running in a different direction. Its like he used it to throw us off his tracks.

Guardian stealthed when he went down…only to re-appear a few seconds later at the same spot.

in WvW

thenivekproject.4139

I have seen non-stealth-able class disappearing too when alone but I thought it was due to this :

There is a possibility for the guardian mentioned because he was in downstate but he only vanished after we saw him lie there for approx 1 sec.

The ele had approx 30% to 40% hp so it is highly not possible for that rune to have its effect then.

Then again if the rune itself is bugged then it’ll make both examples possible.

On the whole we’ve seen a lot of these stealthy players (not even gonna say classes) and its sad to see them only from 1 server. We fight them every week to the point even threads are brought up about it. And I respect the fight when it was clean. Now with this….on top of the ranger shooting from underground glitch….I gotta say I’ve lost alot of respect for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Really wish it was a thief stealthing but the ele was running alone when us (the 4 of the 5 in total around the entire area) were behind him. He vanished and re-appeared a few sec later running in a different direction. Its like he used it to throw us off his tracks.

Guardian stealthed when he went down…only to re-appear a few seconds later at the same spot.

Maybe there was a thief nearby who was already stealthed, so you didn’t see him when he stealthed the ele?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Why were you chasing a solo ele with your 5 man group? :<

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: RiWiJo.7502

RiWiJo.7502

Many of what you report sound like Runes, spells, traits, etc.

I am not discounting your speed hack claims, I know they are happening in WvW but usually they are very obvious.

For example my entire guild witnessed a solo Omega Golem speed hacking and fighting us at Hills. He would attack the walls, then us. He would then run away—blinking away (only way I can describe it as he seemed to just skip across the ground)—faster than anyone in our zerge could even follow. He would then come blinking back and attack us and the wall a couple of times and then take off faster than any of us could follow. We would chase but he would quickly out distance us and then turn around move back into us, attack, turn around and blink away again—all over a two or three minute period. Understand this was an omega golem. Our whole guild reported him. So yes I know it can happen. But I have been playing a long time and this is the only sure hack I have seen.

(edited by RiWiJo.7502)

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

No there is something going around. I fought a solo thief (I have a thief also). After he was downed he stealthed and ported around the map 3 times each in a matter of 10 seconds before disappearing completely.

not saying its wide spread but its out there.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Pretty sure the infiltration stealth would of proc’ed before the guardian hit downed state not after.

TBH I have seen quite a few godmode hacks being used again of late… taking no dmg in downed state then disappear and 3 secs later be full health and 1 hit you… had it happen several times in our current match up.. I am pretty sure an ele who is in downed state cant avoid dmg for too long.. then pop back up full health, then downed again, then pops up and repeat again.. then last time he disappears, pops up full health and 1 hits my Necro with 26k+ HP and stomps me then disappears again.

We all know the hacks exist especially those using the E’Pvp’ers hacks(I wont use the actual web name of course ) so its pointless defending them, but equally pointless reporting them cos ANET do nothing anyway

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Before anyone accuses me of being terrible it’s okay, I already know I’m not great. But I think there is some kind of hack going on… This one thief in particular I’ve run in to multiple times now is impossibly fast. Someone also fought them and said it’s a port hack or something?
Anyway, to give an example of what happened. This thief was stealthing more times than I believe it’s possible to do because of cooldown limitations. And when I was doing damage to them they would stealth and before you could logically be more than a few yards away they re-appear almost completely out of sight, far enough their name wouldn’t show up above their head. I also saw them spam Infiltrator’s Shot at least 5 times. And I don’t think you can have enough initiative to do that, my other character is a thief so I understand how they work.
Anyway just saying this is the first time I’ve seen someone move that fast, stealth that often or just in general be that kitten slippery… I could hardly land a hit on this person and I can usually dispose of thieves fairly quickly. “About face” button (180 your character) and flamethrower is lethal xD.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Before anyone accuses me of being terrible it’s okay, I already know I’m not great. But I think there is some kind of hack going on… This one thief in particular I’ve run in to multiple times now is impossibly fast. Someone also fought them and said it’s a port hack or something?
Anyway, to give an example of what happened. This thief was stealthing more times than I believe it’s possible to do because of cooldown limitations. And when I was doing damage to them they would stealth and before you could logically be more than a few yards away they re-appear almost completely out of sight, far enough their name wouldn’t show up above their head. I also saw them spam Infiltrator’s Shot at least 5 times. And I don’t think you can have enough initiative to do that, my other character is a thief so I understand how they work.
Anyway just saying this is the first time I’ve seen someone move that fast, stealth that often or just in general be that kitten slippery… I could hardly land a hit on this person and I can usually dispose of thieves fairly quickly. “About face” button (180 your character) and flamethrower is lethal xD.

There may be hacks used , but very rare. The thief port thing is shadow trap most likely.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

after watching the forum for a few months, unfortunately it’s not worth reporting suspected hacks anymore – in the end your thread gets deleted, gives you warnings and you wind up getting in trouble and labeled paranoid – at this point you have to let the situation get worse before it gets better. hacks 1 – normal players 0

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Are you sure the ele wasn’t using mist form or (I forget the name) lightning flash? The skill for ele that is similar to Blink on a mesmer…

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

There may be hacks used , but very rare. The thief port thing is shadow trap most likely.

Hm, possible. I’m honestly not certain of whether it was a hack or not it just seemed like an unusual amount of stealths and moving way faster than spamming Heartseeker or any of the other evasive maneuvers could account for.
Either way that person ticked me off… I’m glad I’m tanky for an engineer or they would have killed me a lot more than twice.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Happened few days ago.
Was running next to tower wall and suddenly out nowhere my character literally jumped over it.
I’ve no idea how that happened, probably A.Net’s fault as usual – lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Used to have a guy who would build an omega golem and fly around the map, attacking everything.

Happened for 4 weeks. You just report when u can and move on with your life. Don’t stress over it.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i know i’ve been seeing a ton of stealth lately as well – but i saw it was due to thieves and memser veils – I’ve seen the disappearing downed state as well – they simply vanish before you can finish them.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I’ve posted a similar thread. So yes – something is going on.
It may be a bug, it may be a hack. I have no idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

There is a possibility for the guardian mentioned because he was in downstate but he only vanished after we saw him lie there for approx 1 sec.

The ele had approx 30% to 40% hp so it is highly not possible for that rune to have its effect then.

Then again if the rune itself is bugged then it’ll make both examples possible.

On the whole we’ve seen a lot of these stealthy players (not even gonna say classes) and its sad to see them only from 1 server. We fight them every week to the point even threads are brought up about it. And I respect the fight when it was clean. Now with this….on top of the ranger shooting from underground glitch….I gotta say I’ve lost alot of respect for them.

Guardian was certainly rune of infiltration. It’s very possible it would stealth him on the same hit that took him down. The rune isn’t bugged, I’ve used it before. It’s possible the ele hit 10% health from one hit which instantly stealthed him, Then he used RTL + teleport in stealth and healed up. I’ve never seen stealth hacks and tele hacks are a lot more obvious than what you described.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

The only thing I seem that ‘may’ I mean MAY be a hack is combat speed . Once in a while I fight someone who seem to have perma quickness in those cases it could well be a string of lucky procs.
Since you don’t see the name of your enemies it makes it very hard to spot cheaters. In other games you can generally find the hackers because you see the same guy doing the fishy stuff all the time. In GW2 the only thing you have to go with is the guild tag which can be swapped anything you want. So when you see things that’s fishy you really have only that one instance to judge where if you know who it is people can see the name and start recording fights and catch cheaters that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Other thing that it could be – if there’s a reflect, which both guardians and elementalists can do, and a ranger uses the long bow #3, the stealth is granted to the character that reflected it instead of the ranger.

But most of these sound like server lag and faulty positional information.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

In regard to the “perma haste” report – server lag is often followed up by skill haste for everyone.

As if the lag wasn’t bad enough…

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

The only thing I seem that ‘may’ I mean MAY be a hack is combat speed . Once in a while I fight someone who seem to have perma quickness in those cases it could well be a string of lucky procs.
Since you don’t see the name of your enemies it makes it very hard to spot cheaters. In other games you can generally find the hackers because you see the same guy doing the fishy stuff all the time. In GW2 the only thing you have to go with is the guild tag which can be swapped anything you want. So when you see things that’s fishy you really have only that one instance to judge where if you know who it is people can see the name and start recording fights and catch cheaters that way.

IMO this is a big problem in this game. Cheats are able to hide in anonymity.
In other games you have a chance to spot a potential hacker before it happens and be ready to grab the evidence.
In this game, all you get is ‘what the kitten?!’ and it’s too late.

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

We’re 14 months into release and the game still has no hack detection.

The people that have been zoom hacking for the past 6 months are moving on to bigger things. It’s only going to get worse….

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

I have seen several instances of speed hacking, as in 1000% speed. Rush someone, and there he goes sprinting away and becomes unselectable within a second.

Never any form of stealth hack though.

Obvious commander-tag hacking in WvW though. Go with tag, everyone knows where you are exactly, go without tag while telling your location in map chat, have 0 resistance at their garrison. If it was a cross-server spy, the tagless wouldn’t have mattered.

Rolling through doors.

Zoom hacks.

Plenty of botting too.

And nothing gets done about it, so it must be acceptable, given that their rules technically say TS3, vent, mumble and raidcall are against the TOS. Just view their stances on gaining advantages through the use of 3rd party programs or client modification as truthful as when they stated WvW wouldn’t change while the season is in progress.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’m currently testing to see if I should even bother reporting hackers, I recorded the player and sent the link to exploits@arena.net(since there is STILL no hack/exploit report option in game). It’s been days without even so much as an automated “we received your report” reply. The user is still online.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

inb4 thread gets closed down

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

there is a pve item, forgot the name, that allows any class to use smoke bomb

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Fighting a Guild group recently, and I will not let on to which Guild or server, the group of about 6 individuals seemed to all be using a hack. All of us fighting them reported them but they were “blinking” instead of running normally making it difficult to target and hit. The only thing we could do was use alot of AOE against them. They would “teleport” from one point to another….run normally….and then port again.

My guess is they were using some sort of porting hack but since long distance ports are easily picked up by ANET they were only using ports of 10 feet or so. That would make it very difficult to discover.

We all thought it may have been lag but we had just taken back a camp with no issues and ran into them on our way to the next camp which again had no issues. Only with that particular guild/group did we notice anything.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Contiguous.1345

there is a pve item, forgot the name, that allows any class to use smoke bomb

Smoke Bomb : Environmental weapon.
Blinds foes for 12 minutes (!).

a) Blind is nor stealth, it just makes you miss
b) Not usable in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

speed hack is a well known thing. i think the zoom hack is more annoying.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

humm, speed hack (as WPE way) can also make you regenerate and reload skills faster, dont know if works here.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

humm, speed hack (as WPE way) can also make you regenerate and reload skills faster, dont know if works here.

It did. There was an outbreak of super-fast-casting a while ago. It was ridiculous, people had permanent Quickness.

in WvW

Posted by: Waylander.5106

Waylander.5106

Don’t know if this is connected to the stealth hack or not, but I was battling one on one with a warrior this morning when I lost the ability to target him, then he vanished, 5ish secs later he reappeard but i couldn’t target him and my skill buttons refused to work, they all flashed but nothing happened, my pet was also missing. At first I thought it was a hack, but this warrior was moving as though he was looking for me. For a couple of minutes all I could do was move. The warrior moved off and I set of towards a camp, when all my skills went of at once, the skill buttons were still flashing up to this point. Don’t know if it’s a bug or my old PC? But maybe this is happening to others and both sides think the other is using a hack.

Helmut Von Luckless, Ranger [EVO]
Whiteside Ridge o/

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Weirdest instance I have seen involved a necromancer a couple of weeks back; our group encountered a group of five players; killed off everyone with the exception of the necromancer. None of our weapons could damage this player and we tried for perhaps 3-4 mins, continually being told the char was invulnerable – like they had righteous indignation.

in WvW

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Or it could be just a new bug which Anet isn’t aware of yet.

Remember the hax 50k-damage Chaos Storms?

in WvW

Posted by: Elrithium.4015

Elrithium.4015

eerrrrrrmmmm…. there is a item called shadow legion tool kit……… yes is bought using karma and u can stealth for a short while using it……..

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Ran into numerous players using blink and fly hacks in wvw. It seems the influx of achievement hunters are the main cause..
Reported them for botting, but i want to note it’s nearly impossible to report them due to the fast pace they are moving.
I really would suggest implementing a report system that works..
I wouldn’t be surprised if only a fraction of the hackers got reported because of that.

problem seems rampant imo.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Pretty sure the infiltration stealth would of proc’ed before the guardian hit downed state not after.

Not if he got hit for the required trigger AND it downed him, it would trigger as he got downed in that case.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Take screenshots if you’re getting 1 shot by something and claiming it’s hax, of the combat log i mean. Dont just post random complaints on the forums about enemies having haxxorz bring some proof, I could do what you’re doing without any of it being true & asking a few people to back me up wouldn’t be hard. Try to video tape your gameplay if it’s that big of a deal to you that they must be caught immediatly.

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

It did. There was an outbreak of super-fast-casting a while ago. It was ridiculous, people had permanent Quickness.

Based on what I read , they can buff upto 500% the normal speed.
Today ,I got hit 16times within 2 sec by a thief. (funny part is I don’t even have the hp to take the dmg)
As usual , I cannot even report him since he is stealth . The revel debuff after he stomp me down disappeared in less than 1 sec .
PS: If you seen anyone dodging all your CC(There is a hack program that allow them to avoid CC) and move very fast, he is hacking.

Take screenshots if you’re getting 1 shot by something and claiming it’s hax, of the combat log i mean. Dont just post random complaints on the forums about enemies having haxxorz bring some proof, I could do what you’re doing without any of it being true & asking a few people to back me up wouldn’t be hard. Try to video tape your gameplay if it’s that big of a deal to you that they must be caught immediatly.

You do know that people using speed hax don’t 1 shot anyone. It is many many hits within a short time frame. And also , there is NO TIME IN THE COMBAT LOG in THIS GAME.(I think Anet do it on purpose).
I don’t think there is a need for proof since these hax exist . Just google it. I think there are video on how it works as well.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

its true. there are some cheaters in wvw. 2 days ago my guild and me found a warrior stealthing, porting around, 1shotting ppl 3000units away and using 3 weaponsets.
we didnt manage do kill him cuz evrytime he just ported away or stealthed (came back with full hp). dont say “runes blabla , thief nearby”…he was alone, he had a longbow , axe/shield and a hammer in the same combat. ever got set on fire, immediately stunned by earthshaker and then eviscerated to death? funny thing
but the best was really, when we finally found him again in the jp, wanted to jump down to him and my guildmate got oneshotted in midair. we did report him, but i think nothing will happen

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

inb4 thread gets closed down

Oh yes, forgot it lol.
All thread which has complain on Hack are often taken down fast

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I am aware that there are a lot of hacks going on, but the latest one that I have been encountering is the stealthing that people are talking about.

Some have mentioned it is some consumable, but I am not able to find one that doesnt explicitly state (on the wiki) that it can not be used in WvW. Of course, that assertion could be wrong.

Since leagues started, specifically, I have seen multiple occasions of classes going into stealth at 50%+ health. There is definitely something going on beyond just clever play of a “pocket thief.” I have seen a trio of a mesmer, warrior, and thief make it appear the same, but it has some glaring differences. One being that the thief/mes eventually pops up even if only for a second.

The class I have noticed it the most on is warriors, and until I looked into it further, I was actually assuming that they received a new trait like the Rangers “Hide in Plain Sight.”

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Hi all,

I’ve been running WvWvW with my guild and these couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. Have seen Guardians and Eles that can go into stealth both during combat and down state.

Before you tell me it’s my latency of FPS I’m talking about a maximum of 5 man battle and my entire guild saw it everytime it happens because we’re on Mumble.

Anyone else here experiencing that?

I ran into a Guardian that stealthed at full health. Just went poof the moment I attacked and reappeared moving away from me. Nobody else around except me and that Guardian, no latency, FPS at 60.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: rotharos.5427

rotharos.5427

First google search yielded this: [Release] Guild Wars 2 Multi Hack [UNF] Trainer

Someone confirm this. Anet please rectify. These hack are getting more obvious everyday.

Just saw a mesmer climbing over walls to port people into keeps. This is in gold league, happened 2 hours ago.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

eerrrrrrmmmm…. there is a item called shadow legion tool kit……… yes is bought using karma and u can stealth for a short while using it……..

Is this still around? As I could not find any information on it. Found the ash legion spy kit which grants 10s of stealth, you have to stay in place to remain camouflaged but cannot be used in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The Norn race can stealth with the snow leopard elite skill. I’ve been noticing speed hack use more these days though.

Whispers with meat.