Suggestion for Season 2

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

My suggestion for season 2: Only use the first 48 hours of a matchup for the ranking. The first 48 hours are usually the most even hours of a matchup with nightcapping being far less of a problem than during the week when everyone has to go to work or school.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

My suggestion for season 2: Only use the first 48 hours of a matchup for the ranking. The first 48 hours are usually the most even hours of a matchup with nightcapping being far less of a problem than during the week when everyone has to go to work or school.

I’d make an adjustment to this…. Have 2 matches per week. Resets would be on Fridays the same time as today, and on Tuesdays at the same time as Friday.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

That would most likely result in a tie. One matchup won by the server with the most skilled groups and one matchup won by the nightcappers (you can easily make 20k points in a night), unless both criterias fit to the same server.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It really isn’t possible to have a tie given the number of points involved.

2x a week reset is a better solution. If we implemented the 48 hour that you suggested, servers would play hard for those first 48 hours and then the rest of the week would be a karma train.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I suggested something similar to this a few days ago. The change I suggested was to run leagues 48 hours from reset over the weekend then do a regular match during the week based on overall rankings. This way if a match is a blow out it won’t go on all week. They could run leagues X amount of weeks and not burn as many players out.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

It really isn’t possible to have a tie given the number of points involved.

2x a week reset is a better solution. If we implemented the 48 hour that you suggested, servers would play hard for those first 48 hours and then the rest of the week would be a karma train.

My idea would be to take the placements (1st, 2nd, 3rd) from the 48hours for the season results and the whole weeks points for the glicko ranking. As of now points are already meaningless for the season, only the placement counts.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: meowmooz.9270

meowmooz.9270

I rearry suppork dis.
First 48 hours of reset is always the most active period with people constantly joining and especially so since reset takes place on weekends.
Implementing this will make WvW less of a numbers game and would definitely improve the overall wvw experience.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

This isn’t true on all servers. For instance, TC tends to see a surge mid-week. It seems that on TC, people tend to be busy with RL stuff on weekend and get to playing on the weekend. So, saying only the first 48 hours matters just isn’t right. For instance, take TC’s last match where in the first 48 hours things were very close between TC and SoR. It was only in the later part of the week where TC’s lead got substantial enough.

Ive seen this many times, though of course not EVERY time. When there is a total blow out, yes, the first 48 hours basically decide the match. However, when the match is actually close, the winner might not be determined (or the 2nd/3rd place team) until really the very end. Doing faster matches won’t give any less blow out matches, just make them shorter. But it also makes any decent matches shorter too.

Tl;dr: Making only weekends matter won’t really change much, but make the players who really get on and push hard during the week feel like they don’t matter as much.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

even better dont have a season 2.

why nail the coffin shut on the game?

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

Yea, not good, there are servers that are not active in the weekends.

Just like Baruch Bay. We have the Outnumbered buff so often during the weekends. People just don’t log in (Maybe they’re all in the beach enjoying the sun~~~). Making WvW only in the weekends would kill servers like BB.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

but baruch is a night capping server, exactly why I made this suggestion

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

blackoil.2673

BB doesn’t win because of night capping. We are not zombies, we also sleep.

Just look at today’s pie chart. BB has had 50% of the punctuation during the whole day.

It’s about weekend. In weekend we’re allways outnumbered except from 21-23. And during the weeks we have 30-60 min of queue from 17:00 ’till 24.

If it were something like 2 weekend days, 3 week days would be more fair imo. There’s allways 1 day that acts as bridge.

Also keep in mind that Anet try to make this game for everyone. There’s people that can’t play in the weekends. Me 2 years ago for example, where in the weekends I didn’t have internet because I moved to another village (“holiday” house). Making WvW only count in weekends would make week-play boring….

(edited by blackoil.2673)

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

match ups based on win percentages/current point would make it completely worth it. Make winners harder to keep first.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I am on EU Gold league and know how baruch plays and when. They make the largest portion of their points at night.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

blackoil.2673

I am on EU Gold league and know how baruch plays and when. They make the largest portion of their points at night.

Yea, sure. Q.Q and moar Q.Q

Lemme fix that for you -> They make the largest portion of their points at evening/night (since night is what follows the evening). And most of the guilds stop their raids at 23:00-24:00.

It’s not even 23:30 and we have 2/3 of all the punctuation.

(edited by blackoil.2673)

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

Completely disagree… Weekly matches are fine as it is, don’t need to fix something that isn’t broken. Every server has the opportunity to get the coverage they need.

This brings the community together to come up with a plan & make things happen.

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

blackoil.2673

Maybe… just maybe what would be fair is to close WvW during the night, say from 1:00 to 7:00.

But you can’t go like “Oh, we win during weekends and loose during week days, let’s propose that WvW only works in weekends”. This is for loosers.

And again, Anet said it’s a game for everyone. And what if there’s someone that only plays at 4am? (maybe night-time worker?)

Or in BB we have some south americans (not too many…. by now i’ve only met 2, don’t think now that these are who nightcap….). This would forbid them to enther WvW and probably it’s unfair.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Just give points depending on the defending side. Taking a keep and not a single person protects it? That’d be one point at the moment of taking. Kinda like a sentry.
Real human defenders present and actively protecting? If population is small — half the points. If more comparable — full points reward.

Regardless of the taking situation, if keep is not fought over (and really fought over, and not just “sneeze at the door and have it contested”) — no points. If someone is trying to take it from you and you succeeded in defending it, you get a couple ticks worth of points similar to the taking.

That way the actual fighting would matter, instead of coverage. And severe population disbalance would matter less.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

Some things I’d like:

Better ways to defend siege camps. Maybe a palisade upgrade.

I’d like to be able to capture upgraded towers, keeps, and castles in the same state they are in just prior to the capture So keep existing upgrades, but don’t auto fix the walls and gates.

Put upgrades in the hands of players not npc workers, i.e. a group event to deliver boxes of armor/weapons from a supply camp to the tower to upgrade the guards.

Objectives should award points on capture as well as over time. Objectives should be weighted differently based on their distance from the home waypoint. Either more points for distant objectives to encourage aggressive play or less to encourage defense. Objectives should should be worth more points the longer it has gone between captures too, and none at all if it has recently (within 10 minutes) been captured to discourage flipping.

Waypoints need to go. Maps are too small as it is.

Server#2 needs stronger incentives to go after server #1 in a matchup. Right now it’s to their benefit to go after server #3 for easy points. In other words, the two weaker servers should go after the strongest server, but the way it works now is that the two stronger servers pick on the weakest.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Completely disagree… Weekly matches are fine as it is, don’t need to fix something that isn’t broken. Every server has the opportunity to get the coverage they need.

Lololol, isn’t broken? Best joke I’ve heard on these forums in a long time. I actually did laugh out loud and almost spit out my coffee.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I dont care about nightcapping outside of a season, but during a season it shouldnt be about coverage only.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

I dont care about nightcapping outside of a season, but during a season it shouldnt be about coverage only.

Then get your server to prepare everything they need during post-season to make sure this upcoming Season 2 is more successful.

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

(edited by Gilgamesh.7364)

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

You are funny. You dont get 100+ new off peak WvW players out of nowhere.

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Better solution – Treat the WvW Season like NBA. You have a Preseason.

Start of the Preseason – Lock out ALL Server Transfers. Preseason lasts 2 weeks (Should be a LS Release, IMHO), Each Match up lasts 24hours (2:30a is when it starts). Every server rolls against every server. No Server based Rewards, Rewards are given to Players via LS.

Season starts the Friday on the end of the Preseason. Servers are Tiered based on the Preseason, Metrics consist of Total PPT, Average daily WvW population and peak WvW population(Numbers taken during US/EU Peak times and Oceanic Peak Times). Start of new LS, with Server based Ranking rewards. Lasts 4 Weeks, each match up lasts 72hours.

Something Along those lines is what we need to fix the season, based on the current Season Disaster.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s completely possible to make a comeback after the weekend. Hell, it’s possible to make up a 50k deficit from a Thursday to win the week. Been done and will been done again in the future.

I feel a week is the right length for a realm vs realm competition. Any shorter and it just feels too frantic.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Suggestion for Season 2

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

How about take PPT away completely and just award points on taking objectives (camps, towers, keeps, and SM). Also award points for both downing players and killing them.

Edit – Im also proposing to gain points for successfully defending the objective as well.

This way, those that were ticking at +600 overnight well.. that’s good your sitting on your towers, the way you prevent your opponents from getting points is by defending them, what a concept. Which likely they’ll be successful because they have no one to fight. But the notion now of owning everything over night while your points rack up is long gone.

Could be a decent way to force smaller groups on the map. If you don’t want opponents to overtake your score, defend your stuff, simple as that. You don’t want your opponents overtaking your score? Stop getting downed and relying on people to revive you, because getting downed now awards them points.

I already know this will come up “2 servers may just karma train/flip stuff back and forth racking up the points to keep the 3rd server down” Well that would work completely against them because that would in fact leave their stuff completely wide open for the taking.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)