[Suggestion] institute a banner rez cap on keep lords

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Defending is already hard enough as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There already is a cap. The number of warriors your server has on at that time and at the tower/keep.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

There already is a cap. The number of warriors your server has on at that time and at the tower/keep.

cooldown on banner? I remember Garri def when we were rezing Lord for over an hour till attackers just gave up.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

**Note to OP: Insulting the very people you are asking something for is bad form (in reference to your poke at the LS villians). You want them to take you seriously, right? I want them to.

Because I agree with you.

I think bannering is a ridiculously broken mechanic. On Devona’s Rest, we work hard over the US overnight hours, we do work, and get results, but due to our low numbers, we sometimes are faced with this same issue. We enter a keep, fight minor resistance, drop the lord, then a Warrior or two come along, banners the thing, we have to fight it again, plus the opposition that has now arrived in the time we would have captured it, and more often than not, the enemy zerg gets just enough time to show up and wipe us out of existence. I can’t, through all of my efforts to understand this, see how this is not broken and imbalanced.

Hopefully we see a fix for this. Of all the issues WvW has, I think this is one that truly needs to be addressed in the near future.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

**Note to OP: Insulting the very people you are asking something for is bad form (in reference to your poke at the LS villians). You want them to take you seriously, right? I want them to.

Because I agree with you.

I think bannering is a ridiculously broken mechanic. On Devona’s Rest, we work hard over the US overnight hours, we do work, and get results, but due to our low numbers, we sometimes are faced with this same issue. We enter a keep, fight minor resistance, drop the lord, then a Warrior or two come along, banners the thing, we have to fight it again, plus the opposition that has now arrived in the time we would have captured it, and more often than not, the enemy zerg gets just enough time to show up and wipe us out of existence. I can’t, through all of my efforts to understand this, see how this is not broken and imbalanced.

Hopefully we see a fix for this. Of all the issues WvW has, I think this is one that truly needs to be addressed in the near future.

Try and drag lord to a corner and stand on it and try and fend off anyone who comes to close. I have no problem at all with chain hardressing a boss with banners or signets. It makes the fight lasts longer then 1 min. If you cant keep em away from the lords to banner it, you simply dont deserve the cap and its a win for the defenders.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Add this to the massive list of things wvw players have asked for nearly two years.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I wouldn’t care if the cap was 50 or even 100 so that the fight would eventually resolve itself. I remember gaining 2-3 World XP levels from slaying that lord over and over again.

in WvW

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

Try and drag lord to a corner and stand on it and try and fend off anyone who comes to close. I have no problem at all with chain hardressing a boss with banners or signets. It makes the fight lasts longer then 1 min. If you cant keep em away from the lords to banner it, you simply dont deserve the cap and its a win for the defenders.

If your fights don’t last more than 1 minute without using some spammable ressurection of a NPS i feel sorry for you. And about not deserving to take the keep. If you can’t hold of your attackers without ressurrection a NPC, do you deserve to keep it?

Ressurection of the lord is the most easy thing when you play a class like the warrior. How do you propose to keep ex. a warrior away from the lord when using stability and endure pain, not even talking about more than one. Honestly it is very easy to ressurect the lord if you know just a little bit about your skills.

I have experienced many of these so-called “fights” where the lord is ressurrected countless of times and I am sure most WvW guilds would agree that it is not really a fight, more than farming of enemies coming from waypoint every time it opens.

Lets get skillful fights and not fights based on random spammable mechanics.

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

^ So much this. If you expect this might happen, take measures to counter. Someone has a signature that says it best: “Please nerf Rock. Paper is fine. Sincerely, Scissors”

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Happened to us in SoR bl bay last week, I’ve never seen lord bannered so many times. They ended up closing outer and killing us

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer