Switch League of Gandara and Augury

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Looks like Gandara got heavily overstacked for silver.
While Augury Rock seems to have lost to many players to be still gold.

Would be cool if this WTJ-overstacking would be punished by giving Gandara more challenge, i.e. put them in gold and I would find it also cool if you would show mercy with Augury Rock and do not let them be the punching ball of gold league for the next 9 weeks.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

switch an international server like gandara with a national is a bit difficult

in WvW

Dayra.7405

switch an international server like gandara with a national is a bit difficult

What’s difficult to promote Gandara to Gold and degrade Augury to Silver?

Of course the reason, why they should be switched is:
The free transfers in the week before the league is to short for Glicko to adapt to the balance shifts caused by the massive transfers.

PS: And no I am neither on Gandara nor on Augury Rock, I am on Elona.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

The imbalance is produced by the free transfers.
Gandara had 16th place 14.03. , now 10th.

Like “Dayra” said, ANET should had known, that free transfer only one week before the league started, it is to short for balance the ranking.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Anet screwed things up yet again!

They should never have let this tournament go ahead with the current state the game is in, Exploits and Skill delay are rampant.

in WvW

Posted by: iPsychO.5043

iPsychO.5043

Being matched up against Gandara atm I can at least say the following about Gandara in Silver league:

- As mentioned before going from rank 16 to 10 in 2 weeks is just ridiculous, this servers belongs in bottom/mid Gold, not top Silver.

- All discounted transfers in EU Silver League were national servers (FR/DE/etc), apart from Gandara – it was the only free international server transfer.

- We experience near perma outmanned buffs on borderlands, let alone the tremendous lagfest against their always full-size blobs in EVERY map.

This proposal is actually a good solution, however I can’t think of a way to settle the seasonal scores if they were to be swapped out.

Thief: I Psycho Pk – Guardian: Supreme Protector
[Far Shiverpeaks]

in WvW

iPsychO.5043

Furthermore, I’m not complaining about the fights, because they got some serious wandering lootbag pugs, but PPT-wise, their coverage is more OP than Arnold Schwartzenegger.

[Far Shiverpeaks]

in WvW

Dayra.7405

This proposal is actually a good solution, however I can’t think of a way to settle the seasonal scores if they were to be swapped out.

Why not simply:
Gandara (will have) won 1st match => 5pts (which will give 4th place in gold league after round 1, there are 4 winner, but they have lowest glicko of these 4)
Augury (will have) lost 1st match => 1 pt
(6th rank in silver after round 1, as they have best Glicko of all the 4 silver match-loosers)

There are still 8 weeks to go …
(and swiss tournament usually needs not even 9 rounds to correctly sort over 50 players, and not 8 rounds to sort 9 servers)

Gold will have more total points at the end, and silver will have less, but this is irrelevant at the end.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Minfast.5489

Minfast.5489

They wont do it even if they could. I doubt they care that they ruined Silver League EU with their well thought out plan on world transfers. What should have been the most competitive ladder has been turned into a cake walk for Gandwagon. They are crushing what should be their nearest rivals with ease and definitely have greater numbers and coverage than Deso had in Season 1. GJ Anet!!!

Minfast – Thief / Rulken Charon – Guardian / Yalkara Moonshade – Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – representing [eXo] [tbp] [NW]

in WvW

Posted by: kozeljko.8201

kozeljko.8201

The free transfers really did ruin the competition. :I

Don’t get me wrong, we would be still going for the top without all the transferees, but this really makes it plain boring.

Too late now though. Not only would they kitten everyone who transfered, it would also be unfair to us, the “domestic” folk.

in WvW

Posted by: Lowen.8157

Lowen.8157

gandara has the saddest people in The whole game imho. If you can still find the time to camp in obsidian sanctum with 20 people or more just waiting for 1 to try the Jumping puzzle wth are you doing. We should have known that those who use the free transfer for better loot would be capable of doing so

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i wonder if piken is enjoying silver:P

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

This would probably be a good idea but not likely to happen.

Gandara currenly is like a sc2 swarmhost can’t really move forward cause of all the free neverending units you have to clear on the way

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Obsidian Sanctum has a queue half of the time, I don’t recognise 90% of the people in team nor map chat, and the EB queue numbers 300 at prime time, the others reaching 100. There’s nothing we can do to stop this, to reverse the free transfers and nothing we can do to get back the Gandara from two weeks ago, no matter how we wish to.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

- We experience near perma outmanned buffs on borderlands, let alone the tremendous lagfest against their always full-size blobs in EVERY map.

Haha.

On Piken Square Borderland last night, from 6 till 10, we had:

15 TUP
20 WvW
15 EP
15 DiVa

And maybe 5-10 pugs.

They were all running separately, as often happens on Gandara. Meanwhile, FSP had a full map group, and Piken had a group of 40 and a second group of 20 from SWD.

We had to explain to many of those who had transferred to our server, on TS, that this is how Gandaran guilds like to play; with lots of smaller guild groups.

Map blobbing is inevitable when it’s just pugs and when all borderlands are queued, but insulting the server (and it’s worth noting that nobody who was on Gandara before the transfers is responsible for the influx of players we got) is just silly.

in WvW

Posted by: Aven.9156

Aven.9156

Most of the time Gandara was 13th-16th, now we are 10th but it’s not only because of the free transfers. It was also because last week other servers wanted to flush themselves down the leaderboards and just let us win easily (especially Miller’s Sound – they were 17th – 18th but made it down to 19th so they’re now the top of Bronze League).

And BTW, the queues will shorten soon when all the achievement hunters will finish their stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

16:30 gmt and we have queues on 3/4 maps. the free transfer/pve bandwagon is omnipresent and we can’t do anything about it.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

GG anet. Only they did not predict such a thing would happen – overstacking also means many fairweather players will be stuck in queues and can’t play which sucks for you guys.

EoTM is not the solution it’s their own measurements of True WvW population and the transfer system are all badly thought out.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Minfast.5489

Haha.

On Piken Square Borderland last night, from 6 till 10, we had:

15 TUP
20 WvW
15 EP
15 DiVa

And maybe 5-10 pugs.

They were all running separately, as often happens on Gandara. Meanwhile, FSP had a full map group, and Piken had a group of 40 and a second group of 20 from SWD.

We had to explain to many of those who had transferred to our server, on TS, that this is how Gandaran guilds like to play; with lots of smaller guild groups.

Map blobbing is inevitable when it’s just pugs and when all borderlands are queued, but insulting the server (and it’s worth noting that nobody who was on Gandara before the transfers is responsible for the influx of players we got) is just silly.

Try playing on one of the other servers outside of primetime where you have zone blobs on every map. You guys have a bigger night presence than Vizu who we faced last week.

in WvW

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Try playing on one of the other servers outside of primetime where you have zone blobs on every map. You guys have a bigger night presence than Vizu who we faced last week.

We have zoneblobs, you have zoneblobs, everyone has zoneblobs when there’s just PUGs on the map.

Get over it. If you’d ever commanded, you’d know it’s inevitable.

And no, our night presence doesn’t even begin to compare to Viz’s coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

I really don’t see a problem here other than for the poor “original” Gandara crowd, having to suffer a 320+ que.

If all this crying is because your losing the match up, then please think again as to what the reason’s are for this.

I assure you even without the free transfer’s Gandara would still be kicking your kitten , in fact I would have to say you would probably be worse off pt wise.
You have to understand the negative impact of such ques, the majority of our core skill & tactical prowess comes from our “original” crowd, of which simply cannot get through the ques.

However once the achievements have gone, and ques diminish you will see more of the old Gandara and then you will really wish you would have transferred!

So is it because of the transfer’s we be eligible for gold…? No its because we are just “good enough” to get there.

Don’t punish hard working, dedicated communities like we have in Gandara!, we will grow and grow and get stronger, because we want to!!

Xor

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

I really don’t see a problem here other than for the poor “original” Gandara crowd, having to suffer a 320+ que.

If all this crying is because your losing the match up, then please think again as to what the reason’s are for this.

I assure you even without the free transfer’s Gandara would still be kicking your kitten , in fact I would have to say you would probably be worse off pt wise.
You have to understand the negative impact of such ques, the majority of our core skill & tactical prowess comes from our “original” crowd, of which simply cannot get through the ques.

However once the achievements have gone, and ques diminish you will see more of the old Gandara and then you will really wish you would have transferred!

So is it because of the transfer’s we be eligible for gold…? No its because we are just “good enough” to get there.

Don’t punish hard working, dedicated communities like we have in Gandara!, we will grow and grow and get stronger, because we want to!!

Xor

A bit arrogant aren’t we?
Well ok let me put it simple to you.
If season 2 have started 2 weeks ago, Gandara would have finished 4th-5th.
Anything else would have been a major upset.
I don’t mind if you will come 1st, or 2nd, if you will play at gold or grandmanster league
but pls put aside the “hard work” comments.
You don’t win by hard work, you win because you have more people, more time than your opponents.
Accept that and move on, no harm done.

(edited by Genotix.6804)

in WvW

Minfast.5489

Xor

Beat me to it……I seem to recall the loudest whinging about Deso “tanking” into Silver and winning it last time were Gandaran posters.

@Bethryn….primetime is maybe 4 hours duration. Ofc some Gandaran guilds run separate, as do some guilds from every server because it’s their raid times. It is outside of primetime that the previous poster was alluding to I think. Gandara can have a zoneblob in every border, while it seems most of the time Piken and FSP can only manage EB and one border.

I don’t blame Gandara. I blame Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

If season 2 have started 2 weeks ago,

I mean If

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in WvW

iPsychO.5043

Thing is, FSP has nice guild groups during prime time and ’’okay’’ off-time coverage. During primetime we can keep up with you easily and you provide challenging fights. However, after midnight or in the mornings, because your server is currently loaded with people and queues, your coverage persists.

When prime time stops, there’s usually only a small queue on EB and no queues on whatever border. When our guilds stop their events, you continue with your full-map pug blobs. We basically don’t even stand a chance at your tier 3 keeps, because not only do you nuke down with 80man blobs, your server tends to siege EVERYthing.

[Far Shiverpeaks]

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Xor

Beat me to it……I seem to recall the loudest whinging about Deso “tanking” into Silver and winning it last time were Gandaran posters.

@Bethryn….primetime is maybe 4 hours duration. Ofc some Gandaran guilds run separate, as do some guilds from every server because it’s their raid times. It is outside of primetime that the previous poster was alluding to I think. Gandara can have a zoneblob in every border, while it seems most of the time Piken and FSP can only manage EB and one border.

I don’t blame Gandara. I blame Anet.

“If season 2 have started 2 weeks ago, Gandara would have finished 4th-5th.”

Your opinion, and far from realistic. In season 1 we go beat only to a tanked Deso.

What you fail to realise is when push comes to shove and “competitive” gameplay come to pass, such as the season’s, Gandara pull out all the stops!

Arrogant? maybe a little… due to all the miss directed crying going on, most of my “tone” comes from passion.

Xor

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum