T2 - Round 2 Fight!

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

In the last 5-6 months we have seen Mag/SoS/FA guilds disband/move on to greener pastures so T2 fight/gvg scene has slowed to a crawl & almost died. When Mag/SoS/FA had tons of fight/gvg guilds was the most fun I have had in the game & I am sure plenty of other people enjoyed the opportunity to play against some of the best guilds/players in NA. I see increasingly remnants of these great guilds & people trying to fit into T1 servers to get decent fights but there is only so much room. Of course T1 servers will do ‘blackouts’ & try to get guilds in so that they can keep winning but overall this is bad for the game if only 1 tier has good fight guilds while we wait for Anet to finish creating more CDI threads…

In order to start the rebuild of T2/fight/gvg scene we need to stop the bleeding & atleast try to rebuild T2. We are still waiting on the third dance partner to SoS/FA but it looks like YB will be our next date after the tourney ends. Below are some of the guilds that I think still raid+love open field fights & either GvG or plan to GvG (forming cores etc). If I have left your guild off the list please post in the thread. If you would like to provide a contact for your guild to arrange scrims/gvgs please post as well.

SoS = Syn, MM, MMA, TB, EA.
FA: oT, BOMB, CL, PvP (Idk about WP)
YB: FB.

I am sure there are more guilds in T2-8 that are interested in fights/gvgs but don’t care for the blobs/raid sizes in T1. Please consider the THIRD SERVER in the T2 match up once the tourney ends.

PS: The reason I put Third Server instead of YB is simple. I don’t know YB. I am not sure how welcoming they would be to fight guilds or if they even want to be in T2. A week or two in T2 after tourney should give a clearer picture of who the third server in T2 will be.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mccoy.4237

Omega Mccoy.4237

For YB you can include PAL, TUNE, TC that I know do open field and GvG, not sure if they will be interested though.

Also FB is kinda inactive and playing another game, hopefully that will change in the future, same as UL (though they still have some members around).
That said we don’t have the numbers to play T2, once season is over, we will go back to having the population of a low T3 or T4 server, but hopefully people will stick around (instead of going back to PvE) and we will get some good fights in T2.

P.S. Don’t expect anything good the week after the tournament, everyone will be napping and resting,

(edited by Omega Mccoy.4237)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

So in other words the 2nd week post-season will give us a good picture of who really wants the spot?

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Why not just rebuild Maguma? If you really want a good for fight server to be in t2 just move some of SOS/FA guilds to Mag. Maybe even some of the T1 guilds.

No T3/T4 will have the coverage/pop to stay in t2. Maybe DB since they are Full.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

YB might fit the T2 meta that you’re looking for. Speaking from experience facing them they have possibly 3 guilds that field 15-20 range to GvG. Those were [PAL], [TC], and [FB]. [FB] not so much since they’re playing Archeage. And I’m assuming by GvG you’re talking about the 15-20 range. Prior to my knowledge from facing YB in week 1, [TUNE] only fielded 5-8. Unless they got more members.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Chris.3290

The other T2 servers don’t have much to give in terms of guilds. We’re pretty well balanced in NA and both servers have a PvX population in their off hours. Maguuma dug it’s own hole and they have to find a new identity before they can try again. Their skill level is quite high and I recommend their server to others, but they are honestly destined for T4 in the short-run.

YB would be welcome, but their public voices have made it emphatically clear they do not feel up to the challenge of a prolonged stay in T2.

CD has some off hours and some GvG guilds? I know you don’t have the population in NA to make a real go of it; but server spirit is a factor in determining transfers and since T1 is now perma-FULL, the #6 spot will be more attractive than ever.
Being able to GvG without people yelling at you to join a blob and PPT as happens in T1, is attractive to many and the third server will have a lot of opportunities for that and open field fights.

T2 Pros: guilds typically like to run on their own, even during seasons we don’t get blobs. Open-field siege is taboo. GvGs are celebrated and cheered.

T2 Cons: Most of the PPT is done in off-hours. However, if you are so obsessed with the score that stuff happening while you are sleeping or at work annoys you, then you probably aren’t a fit.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Ohbe.9761

The other T2 servers don’t have much to give in terms of guilds. We’re pretty well balanced in NA and both servers have a PvX population in their off hours. Maguuma dug it’s own hole and they have to find a new identity before they can try again. Their skill level is quite high and I recommend their server to others, but they are honestly destined for T4 in the short-run.

YB would be welcome, but their public voices have made it emphatically clear they do not feel up to the challenge of a prolonged stay in T2.

CD has some off hours and some GvG guilds? I know you don’t have the population in NA to make a real go of it; but server spirit is a factor in determining transfers and since T1 is now perma-FULL, the #6 spot will be more attractive than ever.
Being able to GvG without people yelling at you to join a blob and PPT as happens in T1, is attractive to many and the third server will have a lot of opportunities for that and open field fights.

T2 Pros: guilds typically like to run on their own, even during seasons we don’t get blobs. Open-field siege is taboo. GvGs are celebrated and cheered.

T2 Cons: Most of the PPT is done in off-hours. However, if you are so obsessed with the score that stuff happening while you are sleeping or at work annoys you, then you probably aren’t a fit.

Its actually quite the opposite. NA prime we have enough numbers to hold our own. If anything I’d say we’re over stacked for NA prime. We queue 2 maps averagely if guilds decide to hit the same map together. Our off hours have died off and moved onto playing Archeage. A big portion of what is leftover is fairweather’ish. GvG wise we have a couple guilds who try to get them anytime they can and some who won’t mind getting into them. To round off we probably have about 5-6 guilds who wouldn’t mind GvGing during NA prime.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Why dont we all just get out of T2, and let the Coverage wars rule there.

T3 is where all the fun is at. It already has some of the best matchup variation amongst the servers, and we’re very close to a 6-server rotation in T3. Dont condense everyone into T2, that was a bad idea from the get-go. ANY one of these servers could house a zergbusting and GvG guild quite comfortably, and you’ll get NEW baddies to fight every week if we stack into the T4 servers listed.

CD: T3
DB: T2 which fairweathers itself into T3
YB: T3
SBI: T3.75
DR: T4
IoJ: T4

I’m sure people can attest, T3 is a great zone at the moment. There’s no one who is Super over-stacked, everyone has their coverage weak zones and NA primetime is incredible.

IF DR gets some night-owls and Oceanics, they’ll be a solid contender in T3.
If IoJ gets some NA prime people they’ll be a solid contender in T3.
IF SBI recovers from bannok leaving, they’ll go back to being a stable, solid contender in T3.

Imagine for a moment that you didnt KNOW who you were gonna get at reset. wouldnt that be grand?!

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Chris.3290

Queuing 2 maps is good.
I haven’t seen CD in a fight in probably over a year, so I don’t know how well you’d guys would handle T2; but on paper it sounds like you should do fine. Just look at it as a challenge as well as an opportunity. If it gets rough, one of the other T3 will probably swap out every so often and you can take a breather.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Why dont we all just get out of T2, and let the Coverage wars rule there.

T3 is where all the fun is at. It already has some of the best matchup variation amongst the servers, and we’re very close to a 6-server rotation in T3. Dont condense everyone into T2, that was a bad idea from the get-go. ANY one of these servers could house a zergbusting and GvG guild quite comfortably, and you’ll get NEW baddies to fight every week if we stack into the T4 servers listed.

CD: T3
DB: T2 which fairweathers itself into T3
YB: T3
SBI: T3.75
DR: T4
IoJ: T4

I’m sure people can attest, T3 is a great zone at the moment. There’s no one who is Super over-stacked, everyone has their coverage weak zones and NA primetime is incredible.

IF DR gets some night-owls and Oceanics, they’ll be a solid contender in T3.
If IoJ gets some NA prime people they’ll be a solid contender in T3.
IF SBI recovers from bannok leaving, they’ll go back to being a stable, solid contender in T3.

Imagine for a moment that you didnt KNOW who you were gonna get at reset. wouldnt that be grand?!

T3/T4 was so much fun for weeks prior to the tourney announcement / AA…. So much has happened since it is hard to say if it will be that even Steven again…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Why would someone get interested to be on your “T2 Dance” to end up in some disaster like the actual T2 is?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

T2 is gonna be a mess because of SoS. Their night Crew will continue pvding. Without t3 keeps and seige I bet yb won’t be able to hold out

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Why would someone get interested to be on your “T2 Dance” to end up in some disaster like the actual T2 is?

Disaster? I don’t think it was a disaster. Hardly anyone gives a kitten about ppt outside of T1. We all know its coverage. The thread is for NA fight guilds primarily looking for competition. We need a third server with similar mindset/guilds who look forward to open field fights and have interest in GvGs.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowStep.3640

ShadowStep.3640

If GvG ever wants to reconstruct itself, it should do so on a lower tier server. That’s why GvG failed, because they choose to house it in tier 2 instead of tier 5 or 6. By housing GvG in a lower tier, you can GvG all you want without much pressure to ppt.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Disaster? I don’t think it was a disaster. Hardly anyone gives a kitten about ppt outside of T1. We all know its coverage. The thread is for NA fight guilds primarily looking for competition. We need a third server with similar mindset/guilds who look forward to open field fights and have interest in GvGs.

Oh wasn’t a disaster? Then how come Maguuma died in this tier if they were a primarly “for fights” server?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Oh wasn’t a disaster? Then how come Maguuma died in this tier if they were a primarly “for fights” server?

Mag hasn’t died. They still have some of the best pugs. Their main guilds just stopped playing and it avalanched into what it is now. They are probably still good T3 server.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: iStrafex.9018

iStrafex.9018

T2 isn’t really a disaster. It’s just stale now. Before the gvg scene collapsed we were constantly fighting different guilds, adapting our comps, strategies, play style etc. My guild improved exponentially from fighting those guilds. Unfortunately, those core gvg guilds ( Agg, NS, Ark, HOPE, EP, NaCl, TE, Apex ) that made the scene competitive got bored and tired of Anet’s complete refusal to support a gvg mode and wvw in general ( EOTM and colored tags after 2 years uhmmm what? )

If T2 got an influx of new guilds then it would have a solid chance to come back to life. And lets face it by the time a GvG mode is created, if ever, there won’t be any competitive guilds left to use it. So if any guilds are looking to get serious and want to test themselves I definitely recommend organizing, either here or on gw2wvw.net, to move up and revive T2.

Honestly, as much as I hate YB, YB has a solid ppt core so fight/gvg guilds wouldn’t need to worry about it.

[oT] Ominous Threat – Leader
IGN: Ominous Strafe
Server: FA —> SoS

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Came from Mag (during the great GvG age) and went to YB (for stability).

YB is missing solid open field GvG groups but oddly I think that makes it a better place for casual and community driven players. YB is super friendly, almost nobody gets in a bunch over losing objectives and everyone seems to pitch in. YB is unified unlike any server I have been on.

This is in direct contrast to Mag and the GvG scene. The T2 fights were impressive and an absolute blast but Mag always felt like the Wild Wild West. Everybody was essentially doing their own thing for better and worse.

IMO introducing GvG into YB would likely begin splitting such a tight knit openly friendly community. Likewise YB’s unity cannot exist in such a highly individualistic GvG environment. Two different styles of play, both valid and fun in their own right. I just don’t think the two can coexist.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Didn’t most of those guilds transfer to T2 before the mags implosion? You may want fight guilds, but I think many were already there…. YB has a couple of guilds that won’t siege open field, but it is primarily a Pvx/pug server… I guess we will find out in 2 weeks (most likely).

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

If GvG ever wants to reconstruct itself, it should do so on a lower tier server. That’s why GvG failed, because they choose to house it in tier 2 instead of tier 5 or 6. By housing GvG in a lower tier, you can GvG all you want without much pressure to ppt.

This.

Time to give up on this fail T2 GvG experiment that is destroying the game for everyone. Destroying it for yourself, like we can see with Mag currently, and destroying it for all the other server that you drain of their WvW guilds.

Better to spread out evenly in silver league. That way you will get different server to fight every week.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

T3 does sound kind of awesome I have to admit. Relative balance across 5-6 servers all with slightly different personalities and coverage, and my boyfriends TUNE.

Fact is though guys someone is coming up. I can understand a server’s desire to not be here and have your OCX/SEA TZs destroyed by months of getting zerged down. Let me say in our defense (T2) there will be no 2v1 vs the third server. SOS/FA is to the death and has been for months. SEA is much better now with SOS losing both their really good W3 guilds to T1. OCX is still a mess but it’ pretty well known SOS will more than likely lose 2 guilds to T1 leaving them with mostly pugs and fairweathers in OCX. They lost NA guilds too. FA PST is going to try to keep the SOS PST zombies in check till late PST-early OCX. So long story short SOS is really a shadow of it’s former self from just 2-3 months ago. FA won’t wreck you where you don’t have coverage, and will be focusing SOS as much as we can to try to bring the Tier back into balance.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

T3 does sound kind of awesome I have to admit. Relative balance across 5-6 servers all with slightly different personalities and coverage, and my boyfriends TUNE.

Fact is though guys someone is coming up. I can understand a server’s desire to not be here and have your OCX/SEA TZs destroyed by months of getting zerged down. Let me say in our defense (T2) there will be no 2v1 vs the third server. SOS/FA is to the death and has been for months. SEA is much better now with SOS losing both their really good W3 guilds to T1. OCX is still a mess but it’ pretty well known SOS will more than likely lose 2 guilds to T1 leaving them with mostly pugs and fairweathers in OCX. They lost NA guilds too. FA PST is going to try to keep the SOS PST zombies in check till late PST-early OCX. So long story short SOS is really a shadow of it’s former self from just 2-3 months ago. FA won’t wreck you where you don’t have coverage, and will be focusing SOS as much as we can to try to bring the Tier back into balance.

This. Both FA/SoS have lost guilds & gained new guilds over past 4 months to where the servers are nothing like Mag/FA/SoS 6 months ago. It’s time for a fresh start. I just made the the thread to gauge interest & try to clear the air so we don’t have guilds trying to squeeze into T1 and end up breaking up or quitting the game entirely because they couldn’t get all members in… T2 can be great for fight/gvg guilds again. Just need people with a open mind in the next month or so once YB/CD/DB move up 1 at a time

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

YB is missing solid open field GvG groups but oddly I think that makes it a better place for casual and community driven players. YB is super friendly, almost nobody gets in a bunch over losing objectives and everyone seems to pitch in. YB is unified unlike any server I have been on.

This is in direct contrast to Mag and the GvG scene. The T2 fights were impressive and an absolute blast but Mag always felt like the Wild Wild West. Everybody was essentially doing their own thing for better and worse.

IMO introducing GvG into YB would likely begin splitting such a tight knit openly friendly community. Likewise YB’s unity cannot exist in such a highly individualistic GvG environment. Two different styles of play, both valid and fun in their own right. I just don’t think the two can coexist.

Huh, Straegen, you are on Yaks now?
Your assessment is sharp as usual.

Luvpie, you will not be able to revive your GvG scene with any of the possible candidates for T2, YB, DB, CD. Neither of them plays for GvG mostly, and you will not be able to change their playstyles for the sake of a scene that was mostly represented by Maguuma.

Mags had, and probably still has, a bad reputation in lower tiers for their attitude – i remember all too well how they behaved when they dropped down to T3 for a week last time. Justified reputation or not, you will not manage to get any server to become another Maguuma, neither in coverage nor in playstyle. The GvG scene in T2 seems to be dead, YB will not allow to get used in an attempt to revive a playstyle you prefer, at our cost.

I honestly doubt that YB would be welcomed in T2, and most of us do not want to be there. Not because we “fear” T2, we will fight nonetheless when there, but because of the atmosphere and playstyle of the T2 servers SoS and FA. We feel comfortable in T3-4, and during all seasons so far our population grew and fell back to normal afterwards, and that means we cannot compete in T2.

FA and SoS players have repeatedly stated that they would spawn camp us and that we are “not welcome “ in T2. That’s fine, we do not want to be there. FA and SoS will band together to roll over us instead of fighting each other, and it will be very one-sided. THAT is the current style of T2. There is no T3 server that can or will adapt to current T2, maybe it is time for T2 to adapt to the reality of WvW instead.

And please leave recruiting to us.

[Yak’s Bend]

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Best of luck reviving the T2 gvg scene. Trying to put it in any other tier will just cause it to migrate to T2 anyway (due to population rise) so may as well go straight there.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

There will be no 2v1 vs the third server. We don’t do it now with MAG and we won’t do it to whoever comes up. FA/SOS death match in progress. It’s not complicated we very much dislike each other.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Luvpie, you will not be able to revive your GvG scene with any of the possible candidates for T2, YB, DB, CD. Neither of them plays for GvG mostly, and you will not be able to change their playstyles for the sake of a scene that was mostly represented by Maguuma.

Mags had, and probably still has, a bad reputation in lower tiers for their attitude – i remember all too well how they behaved when they dropped down to T3 for a week last time. Justified reputation or not, you will not manage to get any server to become another Maguuma, neither in coverage nor in playstyle. The GvG scene in T2 seems to be dead, YB will not allow to get used in an attempt to revive a playstyle you prefer, at our cost.

I honestly doubt that YB would be welcomed in T2, and most of us do not want to be there. Not because we “fear” T2, we will fight nonetheless when there, but because of the atmosphere and playstyle of the T2 servers SoS and FA. We feel comfortable in T3-4, and during all seasons so far our population grew and fell back to normal afterwards, and that means we cannot compete in T2.

FA and SoS players have repeatedly stated that they would spawn camp us and that we are “not welcome “ in T2. That’s fine, we do not want to be there. FA and SoS will band together to roll over us instead of fighting each other, and it will be very one-sided. THAT is the current style of T2. There is no T3 server that can or will adapt to current T2, maybe it is time for T2 to adapt to the reality of WvW instead.

1) Not trying to find another Maguuma I don’t think there is another Maguuma or can be. Those kittens are crazy.
you will not be able to change their playstyles for the sake of a scene that was mostly represented by Maguuma.

This thread isn’t about YB. You know your server best. If you think YB can’t compete and won’t show up after tourney that’s fine… CD or DB will move up. Why do people think that GvG players are a special breed or have ebola & are crazy and will start raging at you when you lose a keep or interfere in open field. GvG players do WvW some of them might even care about ppt/defense etc but they care about fights more then anything. Same guilds do GvG sometimes.

2) No one is trying to change YB/CD/DB. Fight guilds & PPT guilds in T1/T2 have had a symbiotic relationship where ppt keeps the tiers up so fight guilds help defend structures & fight guilds fight each other to protect casuals/pugs from constant farm… It’s win-win (atleast on SoS/FA it seems).

3) FA/SoS players can say what they want. If YB puts up a fight & leeches points you will be the 3rd server & no FA/SoS are buttbuddies like TC/FA of the past I doubt FA/SoS will run by each other chasing YB to their spawn. It doesn’t work like that in T2. We care about fights/bags and will kill each other as quick as kill you…

4) last point. I am not recruiting for you… this thread is not about YB. Anyone who transfers to YB after reading this thread deserves to waste their gold.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Just like last week, this week for us on FA Wvw is pointless and unplayable. We are against TC and We are simply getting spanked like its our birthday’s. Rumor has it next week we face a server that can take TC in WvW fights. So if thats true, That will be the third week playing WvW will be impossible. Man I gotta find a different server if I wanna play WvW anymore.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Just like last week, this week for us on FA Wvw is pointless and unplayable. We are against TC and We are simply getting spanked like its our birthday’s. Rumor has it next week we face a server that can take TC in WvW fights. So if thats true, That will be the third week playing WvW will be impossible. Man I gotta find a different server if I wanna play WvW anymore.

Oh yeah, there is that too… Everytime seasons come up you will be up against T1 servers who will simply roll over you with endless numbers.

Really T2 isn’t a good place to be. Move to silver or to bronze.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I can guarantee YB or the next 3rd server for T2 that there will be no 2v1 against them. We absolutely HATE SoS and we focus them 80% of the time regardless of who the 3rd server is.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

fairweather spotted

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet, please merge servers. 9 Mega Clusters. Base it on the average WvW population on a per hour basis. Increase the RNG in Glicko. Sit back and watch the fun. In the mean time while we waqit 420,786 years for that to happen perhaps a pure PvP server would be insanely fun. Just imagine ganking everyone in Tyria.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

Eh, this week’s been fun against JQ actually, just not until they began to let up on the PPT yesterday and today. Yes, you have JQ SEA pugmander spawn camping out of pure kittenry, but there’s been good fights against IX, SG, and JQ pug blobs, among others that I’m leaving out. For example, today in EB we had an hour long fight, more or less, between green keep and SMC. Tons of fun and tons of bags. Really can’t complain.

On the topic of T2 in general, I honestly think CD would do very well in the tier. If you guys can queue 2 maps in NA, then you’ll contend well in NA time, and while you might struggle a little bit in EU and PST, and OCX may suck, I think that still it’ll be a fun and educational experience for you guys. The fights are phenomenal, and the zerg busting is real.

Seasons are the lowest point for T2 due to tangling with T1, but even then you get to bust some T1 megablobs with strong, coordinated guild groups. Nothing’s more fun than YOLOing into groups of 30+ with a guild group of 15+pugs and somehow walking away alive with full bags.

The main thing is moving away some from the PPT game, and partially setting it aside. Winning the week in PPT really isn’t the focus. You’ll defend and go for home BL and EB WPs, but beyond that the focus is on fun fights and sound strategy. The idea is to not worry about PPT being there’s really no way to rise past #4 into T1, and if T3/4 is fun then there’s little to worry about dropping down there. Take a shot at T2, if you hate it, you can tank out of it. But at least try it with an open mind and empty bags. I think it’ll surprise you.

FA

(edited by Basch.1347)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Eh, this week’s been fun against JQ actually, just not until they began to let up on the PPT yesterday and today. Yes, you have JQ SEA pugmander spawn camping out of pure kittenry, but there’s been good fights against IX, SG, and JQ pug blobs, among others that I’m leaving out. For example, today in EB we had an hour long fight, more or less, between green keep and SMC. Tons of fun and tons of bags. Really can’t complain.

On the topic of T2 in general, I honestly think CD would do very well in the tier. If you guys can queue 2 maps in NA, then you’ll contend well in NA time, and while you might struggle a little bit in EU and PST, and OCX may suck, I think that still it’ll be a fun and educational experience for you guys. The fights are phenomenal, and the zerg busting is real.

Seasons are the lowest point for T2 due to tangling with T1, but even then you get to bust some T1 megablobs with strong, coordinated guild groups. Nothing’s more fun than YOLOing into groups of 30+ with a guild group of 15+pugs and somehow walking away alive with full bags.

The main thing is moving away some from the PPT game, and partially setting it aside. Winning the week in PPT really isn’t the focus. You’ll defend and go for home BL and EB WPs, but beyond that the focus is on fun fights and sound strategy. The idea is to not worry about PPT being there’s really no way to rise past #4 into T1, and if T3/4 is fun then there’s little to worry about dropping down there. Take a shot at T2, if you hate it, you can tank out of it. But at least try it with an open mind and empty bags. I think it’ll surprise you.

I want to really stress the last point. Put aside the ppt and focus on having fun & good fights. Back when SoS was rebuilding and moved up to T2 with TC/FA we were in more rough shape then some of the T3 servers today. We had countless weeks of nothing but defending SoS border only because we didn’t have more numbers and those we had didn’t know kitten about open field. But learning together & working on the items that were under our control was so much fun & brought the whole server together. Someone has to step up to T2. I hope they use the occassion to grow/improve/have fun.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There are tons of good fights to be had once it gets back to being a 3-way instead of FA vs SoS 1v1. Neither of us has enough overwhelming numbers to make life miserable for a T3 server moving up. Whoever moves up is going to have a hell of a lot of fun I think.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

I have no idea who are you to talk for CD and you’re talking as you know how we are and what our plays are like , you can talk from your server prespective which i don’t really care for because they are totally different from each other..where our wvw guilds are oriented on being openfield/gvg guilds and yet have balance between that and PPT but it gets boring when you face server that actually don’t fight.

P.S pvf forums pls respond to my gvg request, i saw someone’s post say TC/PAL/TUNE gvg ?..been over 6 weeks and didnt get 1 gvg out of YB lol

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

(edited by Necro.6432)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

I have no idea who are you to talk for CD and you’re talking as you know how we are and what our plays are like , you can talk from your server prespective which i don’t really care for because there are totally different from each other..where our wvw guilds are oriented on being openfield/gvg guilds and yet have balance between that and PPT but it gets boring when you face server that actually don’t fight.

P.S pvf forums pls respond to my gvg request, i saw someone’s post say TC/PAL/TUNE gvg ?..been over 6 weeks and didnt get 1 gvg out of YB lol

Necro you are alive! Let’s chat one of these days!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I have no idea who are you to talk for CD and you’re talking as you know how we are and what our plays are like , you can talk from your server prespective which i don’t really care for because there are totally different from each other..where our wvw guilds are oriented on being openfield/gvg guilds and yet have balance between that and PPT but it gets boring when you face server that actually don’t fight.

Your post is somewhat hard to understand, it could use some structure and better grammar.

From your post i take it that i know nothing about your server’s playstyle while you seem to know ours.

So it seems like you want to say that one can’t get an impression about how a server fights when facing them repeatedly during the last few months? Then on what do all those “experts” from FA and SoS base their opinion about my own server on?

Anyway, i get it now that CD was not trying to avoid going up to T2 but never was able to do so.

And OP, do not try to save your broken tier at the expense of other servers. Of course any server going up will get rolled over since it will be the easiest target.

[Yak’s Bend]

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Necro.6432

I have no idea who are you to talk for CD and you’re talking as you know how we are and what our plays are like , you can talk from your server prespective which i don’t really care for because they are totally different from each other..where our wvw guilds are oriented on being openfield/gvg guilds and yet have balance between that and PPT but it gets boring when you face server that actually don’t fight.

From your post i take it that i know nothing about your server’s playstyle while you seem to know ours.

It takes an expert to know how YB plays ? even the servers that haven’t faced YB knows how they play+ you won the most annoying server to face vote with a pretty good lead lol …just go man an AC , stop posting.

(edited by Necro.6432)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Necro.6432

Necro you are alive! Let’s chat one of these days!

for sure

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Anet has just got to change the way matchups are made.

I’m SBI and having played all the servers recently that have the potential to move up I can safely say they will all get crushed in T2. And then they will get demoralized. And then their fairweathers will stop showing up. And then the crushing will get even worse.

• YB: Has the most population. They can fight too – not the YB of old that only bunkered down. But the question is, what will their population be like after the tourney? We know it will drop. Will the fighters stick around?
  • DB: All they got is SEA and even that ain’t that great anymore. Heck they’re losing to NSP.
  • CD: Probably would fair the best in T2. They do have some sizeable guilds. They do fight well. But their total population isn’t up to par. SBI was keeping up with them until Tue.
  • SBI: Has zero sizable WvW guilds. Likes to hump EB and not venture out to the BL’s. Disappears after the weekend.

Back to my original sentence. Anet needs to change the way they make the matchups. Any of the servers mentioned would be ok in T2 for a week at a time. They would enjoy the fight for a week. And could relax on the PPT and just have fun fighting.

Its the prospect of getting stuck in T2 for weeks that causes people to try to avoid it. Change the kitten matchmaking system Anet!

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

tym.3791

fairweather spotted

I don’t think so. Tough to play the time of day I do and get anything done without getting steam rolled. Yea, the server I am on, People are leaving, and I am pretty sure I am not far behind.
Even had a thread where TC thought them fighting FA was silly and pointless. They just have way to many people playing.
When I do make the move, and think it will be soon, Pretty sure I am heading to YB. I just agree with the way they play. If your out numbered, Take the enemy bay or hills, Siege it up, defend it, and the fight will come to you.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

When I do make the move, and think it will be soon, Pretty sure I am heading to YB. I just agree with the way they play. If your out numbered, Take the enemy bay or hills, Siege it up, defend it, and the fight will come to you.

You’ll head to YB to fight the very same servers you been facing? kittening logic…

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Omega Mccoy.4237

It takes an expert to know how YB plays ? even the servers that haven’t faced YB knows how they play+ you won the most annoying server to face vote with a pretty good lead lol …just go man an AC , stop posting.

QQ man
Just because we play WvW the as it was designed and meant to be play.
Not our fault you guys still don’t get the concept of WvW, but seeing as how you got totally dominated by DB and YB, you guys don’t stand a chance in T2.
That one week not only did you got rekt, we got to see the true side of CD, full of fairweathers and just a vocal minority that uses the forums wanting to hit T2, that would have killed the server in the long run, all it took was a week of DB and YB to see them running back to PvE.

(edited by Omega Mccoy.4237)

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

iStrafex.9018

are you trying to out PPT T1 servers? lol Seasons has been great for fight guilds. T1 Blobs to farm + new guilds to gvg. If you want fair PPT matches then you’re better off moving down a couple of tiers bro.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

iStrafex.9018

QQ man
Not our fault you guys still don’t get the concept of WvW, but seeing as how you got totally dominated by DB and YB, you guys don’t stand a chance in T2.
That one week not only did you got rekt, we got to see the true side of CD, full of fairweathers and just a vocal minority that uses the forums wanting to hit T2, that would have killed the server in the long run, all it took was a week of DB and YB to see them running back to PvE.

lol YB chest thumping about PPT? You realize that the PPT system is the whole reason wvw is slowly dying.

I don’t care what server moves up but this game needs fight guilds to organize so the only skill oriented playstyle wvw has to offer doesn’t die out and T2 is the perfect place for it. It’s an established gvg/fight oriented tier with blobs and raiding/gvg guilds. With no gvg mode and no wvw support whats so ever this game is slowly devolving into PPT heros chest thumping on their ACs.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I do not believe FA will team up with SoS to beat down any server that shows up in T2 after seasons. FA is a fight driven server and will tire quickly of wiping whoever shows up.

SoS has a large karma train contingent and solid coverage. It will mow down whatever is easy and available. The next T2 server can expect to have their side WP’d by them most likely out of boredom.

No T3 server is ready for T2. T1/T2 is a tough environment in a fair match and downright demoralizing in a lopsided one. The numbers, coverage, skill groups and hardened populations are an entirely different world for T3. They don’t go into SM, treb a tower down and then show up. They just go take it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

tym.3791

Ya know, I do appreciate the reply’s. Instead of moving to another server, and in time dealing with the same old tired stuff, Think I will simply take the cash and buy another game. Think ANET has seen the last of my money. Its cool though, the hours I put into the game, was well worth the investment. There is a new MMO kinda game that involves racing. Gonna take a hard look at that.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Ohbe.9761

QQ man

lol YB chest thumping about PPT? You realize that the PPT system is the whole reason wvw is slowly dying.

I don’t care what server moves up but this game needs fight guilds to organize so the only skill oriented playstyle wvw has to offer doesn’t die out and T2 is the perfect place for it. It’s an established gvg/fight oriented tier with blobs and raiding/gvg guilds. With no gvg mode and no wvw support whats so ever this game is slowly devolving into PPT heros chest thumping on their ACs.

+1

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Chris.3290

I think people are missing the points:

1. You guys know FA from the two previous seasons and it’s no secret that they are currently second fiddle in T2. For whoever comes up, focusing on PPT will be a lost cause.

2. Stepping up to a challenge is one of the best things a server can do for it’s health. Every single time a server community has balked, tanked, or even blinked at a challenge it has resulted in unmitigated disaster for that server. The good guilds, the ones that make or break the WvW experience want nothing to do with quitters and tankers.

3. Luvpie isn’t recruiting for the 3rd server as much as asking those that want more GvG focus to consider whoever settles in at the 3rd spot. SoS and FA already have some great GvG guilds and simply joining one of us will mean missing out on fighting many of the remaining guilds.

4. The main point that everyone is missing here is that Maguuma is dropping down and probably for a long while. Someone will be moving up and the sooner that this challenge is accepted, the better off the server(s) that take it on will be.

5. Lastly, T3-T4 is a good match right now. Outside of seasons (YB is the BG of Silver isn’t it?) you have complimentary coverage and scores are well-balanced. However, how much longer can that last? Even a modest infusion of OCX/SEA to DR or NA to IoJ could send that balance down the crapper. Perhaps some other bandwagon overstacks and moves up like HoD did. This balance could end at any time.

T2 - Round 2 Fight!

in WvW

Omega Mccoy.4237

QQ man

An that would be exactly why YB would not be a fit in T2.
We play the game the way it was designed to be play, defend your stuff, use any advantage posible to accomplish that goal, and attack the enemy keeps and own their possessions. The fights that occur in the middle is just the ends to that goal and of course that is what makes it fun, the challenge of taking over something and fighting the people preventing it.

I don’t see any fun in running in the middle of nowhere in a blob, spamming all your skills and hoping you can crit harder than the other blob, and that they forget to step out of circles, use water and so on. That is no fun at all, hence why the game is not designed around it.