Tidbit about WvW population

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Q:

Any interesting new about guilds and servers lately?

- Any server becoming the next bandwagon or imploding?
- Any guild transferring in or off server?
- Any new guild being created and old guild dying?

I enjoy watching servers rise and fall in WvW. It’s interesting to analyze the latest trend in population shift.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Dzagonur is dead/dying for some strange reason
Maguuma is dead/dying for some strange reason
Devona’s Rest bandwagon halted at T4.
Which NA server becomes the next bandwagon is anyone’s guess.
Gonna be hard to predict for EU since silver league is gonna be mainly french/german servers and the international servers in gold league are all full (queues).

Since the fall tournament for NA is 12/12 format instead of the previous 6/9/9, I’m guessing servers in T2 (since T1 is full) and T5-6 NA will get the bulk of the transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

In EU :
Vizunah and Jade Sea lost a LOT of guilds in the past few weeks (some moved to other french servers like AS and FR from what i gathered, quite some moved to international servers like FSP and Piken/Aurora Glade).

Dzag was slowly weakening, but the last two weeks they started drowning, meaning they are haemorraging even more players now. I was told it was because quite some big guilds (PvX ones and WvW ones) moved to Kodash for an “event”, but it seems to be more than that. Maybe it’s temporary, maybe it’ll last.

Blacktide is dead and burried. It was the bronze Bandwagon server for S2, and it suffered the same destiny as all Bronze bandwagon servers : guilds came in, killed most of the existing small guilds by recruiting left and right, specially in the late evening/night/early morning crew, and then left with them, effectively killing the server a couple weeks after season ended.

On top of that Bt had the problem of being an “unofficial Polish server” before season (it had pushed a lot of guilds out already) and the bandwagoon didn’t know about it, so it caused more friction.

Most guilds that came on it (FRS/KYSA/RiOT and a few others) were guilds that are server hoping a lot (specially FRS, that got finally killed by the action, last straw on the camel back i guess) so as soon as it didn’t work like they hoped it would (ie : roflstomping season and ending first, instead they ended 3rd or 4th ex aequo with half of bronze from memory), tensions arised, followed by drama and such.
Only reason they lasted so long was because it took them time for everyone to gather the 1/1.5k gems they needed to move to mid/top silver Servers afterwards, and they waited for post season ratings to adjust (they nearly all moved to FSP, at least xoac, RiOT and a couple others).

FoW is roughly the same, UW is still dead (but with lot’s of PvE ers that they sometime manage to bring in WvW, like FoW with their events once or twice a week bringing their numbers to a 40/60+ group running around when they seldom have 20 people usually).

FR was a server that dropped down a lot after losing quite some guilds to other french servers (mostly AS i think), but they got an influx of guilds afterwards and started climbing up again, to hit the "we are roughly at the same level than Dzag/MS and a couple other servers, we aren’t really going up[or down] and people get bored, don’t invest, so it’s stale and we don’t move).

Season could be the thing they need to climb back up again (they’ll probably be the expected winners of Bronze in tourney, and so should get quite some transferts that could stay afterwards if that makes them strong enough).

RoF is roughly like FR, but in low Silver, they climbed back from the Hellhole of low T8/T9 quite fast before S2 (they got like 5+ big Silver guilds transferts [back for some] there, and they stayed till now, with the server organizing quite well overall from what i saw, WvWers/PvPers/PvEers all together, with a “council” to run things and clear communication, and it seems to work).
But they are at a place where basically they either need to lose people a bit to go down and be the same level the people below, or get more to go up and stop being mostly destroyed by people above.

RoS is pretty much in the same situation it’s most of the time : far stronger than servers below, specially during late evening/night, with the capacity to muster people when needed for some time at hours we normally lack people (specially during season), quite weaker than servers above (it was be it AS/Dzag during season, Bt/MS/FR afterwards when we lost even more guilds, including our biggest one), and since we can’t seem to recruit, we are moving around T8 depending on how servers ahead fares. When they lose people, we rise, when servers rebuild and climb back up, we go down. Add to that a LOT of fairweather players and you see the picture.

FSP was the bandwagon server after season (already strong in silver, while being one of the cheapest servers to transferts after season [WTF Anet, if you want to kill Bronze servers, remove them instead of making transfering to pretty much any silver/gold server the same price or cheaper than to Bronze ones]] and got quite some people, it’s now sitting firmly in Gold (at least till said bandwagon hit some resistance, and jump ship again like usual).

AM got a LOT of transferts before S2 (they were 18/20 at one moment, same as RoS) and climbed back up, and is staying there, stable, with no moves around it seems.

Gandara and Deso are the stacked up Gold Servers, SFR is SFR, RS/Elona the same.

Piken/Aurora/GHs got quite some transferts just before and after season, and looks quite healthy.

Baruch crumbled after Season but seems to have stopped the haemorrage, now we will see if it was only because of summers.

in WvW

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

Gonna be hard to predict for EU since silver league is gonna be mainly french/german servers and the international servers in gold league are all full (queues).

Since the fall tournament for NA is 12/12 format instead of the previous 6/9/9, I’m guessing servers in T2 (since T1 is full) and T5-6 NA will get the bulk of the transfers.

Actually T5-6 are not getting the bulk of transfers, stacking even more guild in t1 commenced 1 week ago.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

FSP was the bandwagon server after season (already strong in silver, while being one of the cheapest servers to transferts after season [WTF Anet, if you want to kill Bronze servers, remove them instead of making transfering to pretty much any silver/gold server the same price or cheaper than to Bronze ones]] and got quite some people, it’s now sitting firmly in Gold (at least till said bandwagon hit some resistance, and jump ship again like usual).

I wouldn’t call FSP a "bandwagon. The only NEW guilds here mostly came with RIOT from bronze. RIOT I might add was returning to FSP not bandwagoning. As far as the total numbers that came it wasn’t a huge influx (let’s not forget these were bronze guilds much smaller over all). So far I am enjoying all of them though they have been an asset to the “COMMUNITY” of FSP. Truly, we don’t want to be a bandwagon. So please don’t make us a bandwagon server. We want people who want to have a good time, remember this is a game, and no drama (save that for your mama). We truly just want people who want to make a home here not come in mess everything up and leave.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Mags moved up on the backs of some highly skilled GvG groups and a lot of roamers/skirmishers. GvG in general is dying off for a variety of reasons. Mag still has a high concentration of skilled players but virtually no cohesive structure to form around.

No idea where it is headed but in the last 3-4 weeks skirmishing and pick up fights are dwindling as FA and SoS groups tend to ball up and PvDoor more. They have even gotten into the habit of entire zergs chasing down 1 or 2 players which wasn’t happening much a couple months ago. Ultimately, I think they are just as bored as we are.

In the end, our small roaming guild will probably move to T1 just to get consistent quality fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

I wouldn’t call FSP a "bandwagon. The only NEW guilds here mostly came with RIOT from bronze. RIOT I might add was returning to FSP not bandwagoning. As far as the total numbers that came it wasn’t a huge influx (let’s not forget these were bronze guilds much smaller over all). So far I am enjoying all of them though they have been an asset to the “COMMUNITY” of FSP. Truly, we don’t want to be a bandwagon. So please don’t make us a bandwagon server. We want people who want to have a good time, remember this is a game, and no drama (save that for your mama). We truly just want people who want to make a home here not come in mess everything up and leave.

RiOT was fielding over 20/25 people regularily during season, and got even more people when FRS collapsed, and 3+ other 20 man guilds from Bt transfered with them (or just after), and there was transferts from other servers too (guilds the same size, at least 2/3 more).

Adding up it’s above 100 players when they raid, it’s bandwagoning, and it’s the reason why FSP went up so much so fast while they were mostly going down before that bandwagon….

FSP wanting or not to be a bandwagon server has no bearing, it IS a bandwagon server right now, like Bt/Gandara and a few others last season, like RoS during S1 and so on.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Actually T5-6 are not getting the bulk of transfers, stacking even more guild in t1 commenced 1 week ago.

A couple guilds getting bought by T1 servers =/= stacking. Still several weeks until the tourney.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Did Anet say it was a 12/12 format in NA? I didn’t see that.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

12/12 format for NA? People will swarm over HoD again for a easy win… (HoD is currently 13th, toe on toe with Borlis Pass)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I think the understanding behind this comes from the chart on the blog post that says rank 9-12 will receive that dolyak buff for the same amount of time. However, they haven’t explicitly stated how it will be split this time (that I’m aware of).

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

I think the understanding behind this comes from the chart on the blog post that says rank 9-12 will receive that dolyak buff for the same amount of time. However, they haven’t explicitly stated how it will be split this time (that I’m aware of).

I wouldn’t dismiss already the fact that Anet went the “only the first 12th servers get the buff, the others don’t” because servers working twice/three times as hard as others because they lack people/numbers and Anet has been screwing them with transferts prices for over a year isn’t enough, they should still “somehow” manage to compete with T1/3 servers, it’s “their fault” if they don’t get better rewards.

in WvW

hmsgoddess.3869

RiOT was fielding over 20/25 people regularily during season, and got even more people when FRS collapsed, and 3+ other 20 man guilds from Bt transfered with them (or just after), and there was transferts from other servers too (guilds the same size, at least 2/3 more).

Adding up it’s above 100 players when they raid, it’s bandwagoning, and it’s the reason why FSP went up so much so fast while they were mostly going down before that bandwagon….

FSP wanting or not to be a bandwagon server has no bearing, it IS a bandwagon server right now, like Bt/Gandara and a few others last season, like RoS during S1 and so on.

Perhaps that’s how you see it. I’ll just disagree with you. I will say though go study the stats, see when our highest tick point is. You’ll see what I mean.

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

Perhaps that’s how you see it. I’ll just disagree with you. I will say though go study the stats, see when our highest tick point is. You’ll see what I mean.

Erm, you earned 6/7 places since the Bandwagon started… just that proves my point (your rise started EXACTLY when the first guilds started pouring in on your server btw).

From that point forward, you stopped being destroyed during prime/evening and got more people during the night too, wich is what allowed to stop being distanced often during prime, on top of allowing you to outlast your opponents with more active people late evening/night, allowing you to tick higher during night (wich is where you points comes from).

Like all servers with a night crew and not much on the other side, the server going to bed the last has the best ticks during night, because it’s harder to flip things with no/low numbers and easier to defend them…..

And “surprise” most of the guilds that came from Bt and other servers are filling up mostly the… late evening/night shifts.

Yeah totally nothing to do with your server’s current performance, around 100+ active players in those shifts transfering to your server had NO impact at all, you were losing (big time) before, you didn’t stand up during prime and didn’t fare that well at night, they came in to reinforce you there and you went up, but no link at all.

Please, remove the rose colored hypocrit glasses.
Once again, like it or not, FSP is one of the biggest Bandwagon servers right now, and it might even stay that way for season if there isn’t free transferts/change of transferts prices.

in WvW

hmsgoddess.3869

Erm, you earned 6/7 places since the Bandwagon started… just that proves my point (your rise started EXACTLY when the first guilds started pouring in on your server btw).

From that point forward, you stopped being destroyed during prime/evening and got more people during the night too, wich is what allowed to stop being distanced often during prime, on top of allowing you to outlast your opponents with more active people late evening/night, allowing you to tick higher during night (wich is where you points comes from).

Like all servers with a night crew and not much on the other side, the server going to bed the last has the best ticks during night, because it’s harder to flip things with no/low numbers and easier to defend them…..

And “surprise” most of the guilds that came from Bt and other servers are filling up mostly the… late evening/night shifts.

Yeah totally nothing to do with your server’s current performance, around 100+ active players in those shifts transfering to your server had NO impact at all, you were losing (big time) before, you didn’t stand up during prime and didn’t fare that well at night, they came in to reinforce you there and you went up, but no link at all.

Please, remove the rose colored hypocrit glasses.
Once again, like it or not, FSP is one of the biggest Bandwagon servers right now, and it might even stay that way for season if there isn’t free transferts/change of transferts prices.

Wow bitter much. I’m not a forum troll so I am not saying anything else.

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

I’m not bitter, i’m just tired about all the forum warriors like you pretending their servers are “great” and aren’t suddenly doing FAR better due to massive influx of players but because they are “L33T” when the reality is that they were bandwagoned.

There is no shame to be had about it, but it’s a fact, and it’s what makes FSP as strong as it is now. Nothing else. Without this massive influx of players you would be around 15th rank or lower, not 7th (ie :where you were before the bandwagon, slowly dropping more every week….).

And it’s an important information too for people asking bout servers, because it changes a lot of things when a server get influx( or lose guilds) specially when it’s not over time but basically over 2/3 weeks time.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

In the end, our small roaming guild will probably move to T1 just to get consistent quality fights.

Ehh, even NA T1’s PvDoor zones are expanding to be honest and I’ve played on all three recently since it’s way more fun to fight people you actually know. Main account came to BG from TC and alt is on JQ and heading to TC for a GvG team. Maps rarely queue outside of reset weekend rush, maybe now and then EBG has a 10 slot wait at prime time. I think some people gave up on GW2 because of the AA betas and Anet having the nerve to call colored commander tags and siege enhancements “big changes”.

Then there is the quality of fights. At this point it’s becoming mostly roving condi Thieves, power Rangers that pew pew from relative safety and bored larger groups that will chase solo/small teams across the map. It’s really common to have to resort to zerg dodging on EBG since the BLs are dry when I get on after 9pm pacific.

Whispers with meat.