Wasted Time in Jumping Puzzles :(

in WvW

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I spent MONTHS collecting 500 badges from jumping puzzles to craft my gift of battle. Now all of a sudden I have 300 of them in two days from achievement chests.

Way to make me waste my time Anet. Screw you.

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

I wish the JP didn’t give out BoH. Make all the PVE players earn the Gift of Battle through….ya know..battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I wish the JP didn’t give out BoH. Make all the PVE players earn the Gift of Battle through….ya know..battle.

Agreed. Badges should only come from player kills in WvW and WvW achievements ^^

Melder – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Could have had them sooner if you actually earned them by killing other players.

Carebare gathering, well, I think they did you just right. Quoting you….

Screw you.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What, seriously? Months for 500 badges? You get like 100 badges in an evening if you run with a decent size zerg/guild group and can easily score maybe 20-40 if you run with a couple of guys.

in WvW

bhagwad.4281

Here’s the problem with getting badges through battle. Zerging takes no skill and is mind numbingly boring. If you want to be skilful, you need to solo roam and kill people.

It takes me 5-10 minutes of roaming to find someone to kill. Then when I kill them I get a badge only around once every 3-4 kills. So my badge acquisition rate is around 2-4 badges per hour. I would need at least 100 hours to get all my badges and getting nothing else in the process.

That’s pretty pathetic. And once again – I’ve tried zerging in organized groups via teamspeak. It’s just lame. “Stack on me. 3…2…1…go”. Now taking this tower. Now that. Just throw around AoEs and hope you hit something.

Yuk.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Congratulations on spending months grinding 500 badges. Those of us who actually played the game got it in a couple of days. I got about 700 badges while levelling to 80.

And only way to wvw with skill is to solo-roam? Lol. Try running with a guild group and feel what it’s like to defeat the zerg with much fewer players.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I think its funny when people say zerging takes “NO skill” While its not in the same sense as roaming and sPvP, it still takes skill. There is a lot of information that is needed to help a zerg do well. Its not all 1111 AOE spam. If that’s all your doing, then your doing it wrong. Maybe its boring because you hear the word “zerg” and you figure you’re just going to mindlessly zerg about when there are quite a few other rolls with in the zerg that are very profitable.

To the point, If you do want to zerg don’t, no one cares but know that it is the fastest way to farm badges. If you find it so boring that you don’t want to go the fastest route to get badges then be prepared for it to take longer.

btw if would take you about 33 days of doing the JP to get 500 badges also you get 40 badges from just doing map completion in WvW. So completing the JP 30 times would next you enough badges for the gift. This is assuming you don’t get any other badges anywhere…and since you stated that you tried zerging and assumingly roam, I would guess your “months” is a exaggeration.

Also about wasting time…wouldn’t starting a troll thread to complain about something so minor when it comes to a legendary be “wasting your time”

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Here’s the problem with getting badges through battle. Zerging takes no skill and is mind numbingly boring. If you want to be skilful, you need to solo roam and kill people.

It takes me 5-10 minutes of roaming to find someone to kill. Then when I kill them I get a badge only around once every 3-4 kills. So my badge acquisition rate is around 2-4 badges per hour. I would need at least 100 hours to get all my badges and getting nothing else in the process.

That’s pretty pathetic. And once again – I’ve tried zerging in organized groups via teamspeak. It’s just lame. “Stack on me. 3…2…1…go”. Now taking this tower. Now that. Just throw around AoEs and hope you hit something.

Yuk.

I have to imagine you are trolling at this point. So you complain that it took you so long to earn 500 through doing a JP over and over and that was somehow less fun than killing other people in WvW.

Either a troll or someone very kitten about losing to other players.

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

Yuk.

I’ve gathered roughly 2000 badges in the last two months doing primarily solo roaming, scouting, and camp flipping.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

Yuk.

I’ve gathered roughly 2000 badges in the last two months doing primarily solo roaming, scouting, and camp flipping.

He’s probably never flipped a camp since its not 1v1.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

Guys calm down, maybe that guy play on wvw that have hard time on even try of leaving a keep ??. Not all server are balanced here ;/

in WvW

Posted by: WBL.6715

WBL.6715

When I got 200 badges from chest, I thought that was a ton of badges. Too much in my opinion. That’s almost half of what you need for the Gift of Battle. I think that takes away from the experience of making the legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I spent MONTHS collecting 500 badges from jumping puzzles to craft my gift of battle. Now all of a sudden I have 300 of them in two days from achievement chests.

Way to make me waste my time Anet. Screw you.

That is only, and 100%, purely because of the retroactive rewards. If you had to reearn all of those achievement points you would not have gotten them so fast. Also, you could have earned 500 badges in days or weeks of actually doing real WvW. Get in a large group, follow what the commander says, and bing bags! I get a stack of badges almost every other day Ive started to just accumulate dozens of golems.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Zerging takes no skill and is mind numbingly boring.

Either your zergs sucks or the opposition sucks.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

Lets all play thiefs… I mean poping people like water balloons is a lot of fun.

but who would take the keeps? tank the lords, remove the conditions spam the aoe? wvw would be pretty boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When I got 200 badges from chest, I thought that was a ton of badges. Too much in my opinion. That’s almost half of what you need for the Gift of Battle. I think that takes away from the experience of making the legendary.

So what, 600 gold for a precursor and another 1000 gold for ingredients is the easy part?

Seriously, gift of battle is a tiny little part of the legendary that you dont even have to work for.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Man… for how much a WvW-er has to do in PvE compaired to the other way around you have NO reason to be complaining because you CHOSE to only to jumping puzzles for your badges. You’re also complaining about FREE stuff? Seriously?

You don’t like zergs, fine np. Go get in a havoc team. Flip camps and ninja towers while fighting people. The guards drop badges very very frequently plus you get badges for leveling up your WvW rank.

but who would take the keeps? tank the lords, remove the conditions spam the aoe? wvw would be pretty boring.

Dear god yes please more thieves. Feed me more easy badges & bags. Thieves are one of the easier classes for me to kill on my guard/eng/mes. I would also much rather fight a group of 5 coordinated thieves than a diverse coordinated group of 5.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

bhagwad.4281

But in all honesty, why would you want to take keeps or defend them? What do you gain? The loot is negligible. Unless you want WvW map completion, but I’m reasonably sure that most people in WvW don’t take keeps for that reason.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

If you’ve played GW2 long enough to consider pursuing a legendary, you probably have accumulated enough achievement points to get 500 badges from these new chests.

At least people will still have to give wvw a shot for map completion but I feel like badges should be the result of… you know… fighting the enemy.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So fewer people will be taking up WvW slots to play a jumping puzzle that shouldn’t even be there? Good. One of the few sane changes Anet have made to WvW recently

in WvW

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

I think you people are forgetting that for a long time after launch getting badges of honor were like winning the lottery and killing players barely got you any badges at all.

Doing the JP was the most efficient way for people who were in wvw solely to get their badges.

Clearly this has changed now but just keep that in mind as the context of the OP may not be may you think it is.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

6500+ lonely badges sitting in the bank waiting for a pure wvw ascended gearing option. Sadly, I doubt it will ever happen.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

congratz

i’d like to clear out

capturing camp usually gives you 1-2 badges and i guess occassional veteran can drop some too. finishing jp gives you around 5. even if you dont zerg you get easily 30 badges a day without even trying too much. and if you bother to go on karmatrain occassionally you get easily 500 badges a week or so.

i am personally spending all those badges on new exotic gears. TOO BAD I AM RUNNING OUT OF BANK SPACE AND THE WON’T LET ME BUY MORE THAN 8 TABS.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Stop complaining about free stuff! This thead is no different than the other thread where people complain when get better like with Sanctum Sprint where people complainded that did it at the beginning when there where no rewards. Nobdody forced you do do the JP. Nobody forced you to get a legendary.

Also for legendary you need other stuff like map completion(also the WvW maps). And all the other stuff also is not much skill based. I mean just farming the dungeons with a build from the internet. Farming money and buying lodestones and stuff…

And if you really wanted you could buy the legendary directly from TP(and convert real money into gems and then gems into gold – getting legendary without ever having played GW2… a new account and new level 1 char could do this).

I’m sure we will get more badges. Every chest at 500 AP gives 100 badges. Every chest at 1000 AP gives 200 badges. We should have 600 now? Multiples of 2500 and 5000 have special chests with 2500 better then the 1000 ones… and 5000 probably much much better(only 2 times so far… at 5k and 10k… at least wiki does not know if they will continue this to 15k, …)

Really more interested in the contents of those chests than in the other stuff lol(other stuff you already know from Wiki… and don’t like the weapon skins… only radiant shoulders and hand skin interesting for me. Glad I have 6.5k AP and don’t want the helm).

If you have too many badges and still need gear on an Alt you could buy cheaper armor(if you can use the stats – badges + about 1 gold only per exo piece). Or just buy siege blueprints… they now can be traded at the TP.