Weekly and Final Season 1 Scores

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Even though we are still in the first week of season 1, i was wondering, if the scoring system, that will determine the overall winner could be handled better.

For clarification, this is how the scores work:

“1st place in each matchup will gain the world 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, and 3rd place 1 point. At the conclusion of the season, the worlds will be ranked in order of the total number of points they’ve acquired.”

So the scoring system only takes into account, if you are 1st, 2nd or 3rd after each weeks matchup.

In the past, many matches have been decided by Tuesday or Wednesday and after that, scores lopsided because the winning server had more people logging in and the loosing server had less and less people logging in.

So why not add the Final Score of each server every week and at the end of Season 1 determine the overall Winner by their accumulated match points and not by the amount of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places your server got?

That way it would still give players of the losing server an incentive to play competitive on Thursday/Friday because in the end it will make a difference for the overall score, if they lose by 10k points or 50k points.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Even though we are still in the first week of season 1, i was wondering, if the scoring system, that will determine the overall winner could be handled better.

For clarification, this is how the scores work:

“1st place in each matchup will gain the world 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, and 3rd place 1 point. At the conclusion of the season, the worlds will be ranked in order of the total number of points they’ve acquired.”

So the scoring system only takes into account, if you are 1st, 2nd or 3rd after each weeks matchup.

In the past, many matches have been decided by Tuesday or Wednesday and after that, scores lopsided because the winning server had more people logging in and the loosing server had less and less people logging in.

So why not add the Final Score of each server every week and at the end of Season 1 determine the overall Winner by their accumulated match points and not by the amount of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places your server got?

That way it would still give players of the losing server an incentive to play competitive on Thursday/Friday because in the end it will make a difference for the overall score, if they lose by 10k points or 50k points.

Because that would award the servers that won lopsided match-ups.

If we used that system, I’m confident BG/SoR/JQ would not even touch the top 3.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

So your idea is to include a “goal difference” in the league?

By 1 point or 100k points, a win is a win. Also rounds are 7 days long, not 2 or 3. You can’t detemine the winner by looking only at the first 4 days, or the last 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Because that would award the servers that won lopsided match-ups.
If we used that system, I’m confident BG/SoR/JQ would not even touch the top 3.

They would still be the top 3 in Gold League NA, if we expect them to do better against the t2 NA servers in the coming matchups.

It would simply mean that it would make a difference by how much they beat the t2 servers in those matches.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

By 1 point or 100k points, a win is a win. Also rounds are 7 days long, not 2 or 3. You can’t detemine the winner by looking only at the first 4 days, or the last 3.

Maybe not in tier one. I can usually pick out the winner of our matchup the second I see who we get matched against. By the end of the first night its usually clear as day. By the end of the weekend there usually isn’t even a point logging in anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Maybe not in tier one. I can usually pick out the winner of our matchup the second I see who we get matched against. By the end of the first night its usually clear as day. By the end of the weekend there usually isn’t even a point logging in anymore.

That mentality, if taken on by a server, would be why you’re losing. The first night NEVER decides who wins or loses. I’ve seen some crazy wins pulled out from losing by 50-60k before to come out and win.

Isle Of Janthir